• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
I'm 32. I'm pretty sure I don't have a daughter unless someone stole my DNA at some point (college; amirite, fellas?) and made them in a lab. Aaaaaaaanywaaaaaaays... Zhuge joins the party:

View attachment 283126
Oh. Now I kinda feel a bit foolish. But anyway still wish your family the best.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I'm sure this doesn't need ot said because by and large we all know this, but reminder that it's entirely possible Geno doesn't happen in whenever the next reveal is. Reminder not to get too upset or complain in every Smash circle on the internet too loud or put anyone down and generally just act obnoxious if we don't see your starsent savior soon.

On to lighter topics, there's a stage idea that's been jumbling around in my mind that I feel like is seriously slept on. Everybody seems to agree that with Geno would probably come Mushroom forest or Star Hill as a stage, but imo both areas seem a little barebones and boring, and not entirely representative of SMRPG as a game. So, I posit, as Geno's stage, Bowser's Castle. Now hear me out: For one thing, it's apallling that Smash doesn't have a dedicated Bowser's Castle stage to begin with, from any Mario game, but secondly, SMRPG has one of the most unique castles in the entire Mario franchise. Imagine a stage on the roof where you can run along the upper bridge and towers, and jump on Exor's large sword pommel and fight on the tip of the sword hilt. In the background could be an overlook of the entire SMRPG map, where you can see in the distance Booster Tower, Marrymore, Star Hill, Seaside town, etc. The immediate background could have cameo appearancs from other SMRPG characters like Mallow, the Lakitu bus that takes you to Bowser's Castle, maybe some of the unique Smithy Gang bosses given an HD touch up, etc. Hazards on could see Exor as a boss where you have to smack his eyes around a bit to temporarily incapacitate him as he shoots lazers and stuff at you (I forget his attacks tbh.), whereas hazard off could just see him sit there and watch the player battle.

So, yeah, of all the locales in SMRPG not directly related to Geno, but best to represent why we love this game, I'd go all in on SMRPG Bowser's Castle. Maybe Sakurai could be cheeky and call the stage "Exor's Castle" or something.
So you know how the posts about being hype for this Direct are getting lots of likes but how yours really doesn't at the time I'm making this post?

This is due to the fact that you have in essence just said 'Plz Hype Responsibly'.

Not sure if you know this or not but Geno fans haven't gotten what they wanted for the better of two decades, the better of three if you consider wanting more SMRPG before Smash even existed. No true sequels to SMRPG and no Geno in Smash since 1996. We've already been down the road of disappointment longer than the majority of Fortnite's player base has even been alive. We can handle it not happening again better than most fanbases, but I will tell you I will criticize Nintendo if they don't show him this coming week.

Why? Because the timing is right.

It was the same with Master Roshi: he was one of the highest requested characters and it made no sense not to have him in the game. It also made all the sense for him to be the next character: The Third Season of DLC had only appealed to Super fans thus far and Roshi fit the bill in every way and they had already met just about every other fan demand in one way or another to the point where they are getting close to scraping the bottom of the Dragon Ball barrel. I was calling Roshi a lock since after they revealed UI Goku and Kefla, and I was right.

This feels very much the same: Nintendo has only one reveal for FP2 and it wasn't the greatest lead. It was clearly a shill 1st Party pick and because of Sakurai's dedication to research and fun and unique move sets they lucked out. They cannot afford another shill pick as folks were upset about Byleth and to a lesser extent Terry and are now holding back from buying the pass until something big happens. Nintendo wants that big money like last pass, so they have to lead strong.

Joker was a wild card pick that led really strong, but they backed that up with Japan’s biggest pick and one of America’s biggest picks that was also well loved around the globe. They need to do that again for good marketing or people will not throw down for the whole pass with three more reveals left.

The best way to do that is to either show two major fan picks, or one major fan pick and another ‘impossible’ pick. As much as people in the Newcomer Thread may argue, Geno is the most noticeable fan pick right now. Out of all the requested characters out there, he currently holds both a long legacy of request and being heavily discussed and demanded currently when all these others just are not at the level he is, and all the evidence points to him being revealed very soon. Pair him up with someone like Crash or Master Chief and FP2 will fly off the shelves...if it had physical real amounts of physical copies anyway.

In response to the rest of your post, I think SMRPG has to have a travelling stage. With RPGs you tend to traverse an entire world and there is rarely a single place that holds such iconic significance that it alone would make the perfect stage, but sometimes it does work out that way like with Mementos and and Garreg Mach Monastery. SMRPG doesn’t have a place you visit that frequently to be considered that, so I feel as if it should get the Yggdrasil’s Altar treatment. I love the idea of Exor being part of the stage and attacking you though.

Arguably, if we had to have something more akin to Garreg Mach Monastery, I would suggest The Factory. It could start with battling Exor and then eventually you get sucked into his mouth and then you tour through the factory with different enemies affecting the stage depending on where you are in the factory.

I still think whoever mentioned fighting the Axem Rangers on the Blade while flying around different locales of SMRPG is probably the best way to go.

By the way guys, I’m working on a spicy post but it likely won’t be done until later tonight at the earliest. It’s going to be about something that really no one is talking about but everyone is thinking about in the back of their minds.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
I was making a godfather reference...
The less you know huh. Never really watched the Godfather films because all I had heard were bad things about the film although that may have been just one of them. Oh well r/woosh me lol

MattX20

Smash Hero
So you know how the posts about being hype for this Direct are getting lots of likes but how yours really doesn't at the time I'm making this post?

This is due to the fact that you have in essence just said 'Plz Hype Responsibly'.

Not sure if you know this or not but Geno fans haven't gotten what they wanted for the better of two decades, the better of three if you consider wanting more SMRPG before Smash even existed. No true sequels to SMRPG and no Geno in Smash since 1996. We've already been down the road of disappointment longer than the majority of Fortnite's player base has even been alive. We can handle it not happening again better than most fanbases, but I will tell you I will criticize Nintendo if they don't show him this coming week.

It was the same with Master Roshi: he was one of the highest requested characters and it made no sense not to have him in the game. It also made all the sense for him to be the next character: The Third Season of DLC had only appealed to Super fans thus far and Roshi fit the bill in every way and they had already met just about every other fan demand in one way or another to the point where they are getting close to scraping the bottom of the Dragon Ball barrel. I was calling Roshi a lock since after they revealed UI Goku and Kefla, and I was right.

This feels very much the same: Nintendo has only one reveal for FP2 and it wasn't the greatest lead. It was clearly a shill 1st Party pick and because of Sakurai's dedication to research and fun and unique move sets they lucked out. They cannot afford another shill pick as folks were upset about Byleth and to a lesser extent Terry and are now holding back from buying the pass until something big happens. Nintendo wants that big money like last pass, so they have to lead strong.

Joker was a wild card pick that led really strong, but they backed that up with Japan’s biggest pick and one of America’s biggest picks that was also well loved around the globe. They need to do that again for good marketing or people will not throw down for the whole pass with three more reveals left.

The best way to do that is to either show two major fan picks, or one major fan pick and another ‘impossible’ pick. As much as people in the Newcomer Thread may argue, Geno is the most noticeable fan pick right now. Out of all the requested characters out there, he currently holds both a long legacy of request and being heavily discussed and demanded currently when all these others just are not at the level he is, and all the evidence points to him being revealed very soon. Pair him up with someone like Crash or Master Chief and FP2 will fly off the shelves...if it had physical real amounts of physical copies anyway.

In response to the rest of your post, I think SMRPG has to have a travelling stage. With RPGs you tend to traverse an entire world and there is rarely a single place that holds such iconic significance that it alone would make the perfect stage, but sometimes it does work out that way like with Mementos and and Garreg Mach Monastery. SMRPG doesn’t have a place you visit that frequently to be considered that, so I feel as if it should get the Yggdrasil’s Altar treatment. I love the idea of Exor being part of the stage and attacking you though.

Arguably, if we had to have something more akin to Garreg Mach Monastery, I would suggest The Factory. It could start with battling Exor and then eventually you get sucked into his mouth and then you tour through the factory with different enemies affecting the stage depending on where you are in the factory.

I still think whoever mentioned fighting the Axem Rangers on the Blade while flying around different locales of SMRPG is probably the best way to go.

By the way guys, I’m working on a spicy post but it likely won’t be done until later tonight at the earliest. It’s going to be about something that really no one is talking about but everyone is thinking about in the back of their minds.
Byleth was definitely a promotional pick, but Terry and MinMin not so much

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
sees everyone talking about the Nintendo Direct almost certainly going live on August 28th, as more solid insiders begin to bank on the date

Is it time? Is it time to relinquish my sanity and throw myself to the flames of HYPE? I can feel my mind slipping into a blissful madness. :2gud:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The less you know huh. Never really watched the Godfather films because all I had heard were bad things about the film although that may have been just one of them. Oh well r/woosh me lol
Only the third Godfather movie was bad, by my understanding. It was a sequel made long after the first two, which served as an epilogue. (I've only seen the first two)

Anyway, if we get a Direct on the 28th, here's hoping that we get FP7 revealed (and that it's Geno - I'd prefer to have him announced soon rather than having to wait a year or more), as opposed to another guessing game or nothing at all.

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Only the third Godfather movie was bad, by my understanding. It was a sequel made long after the first two, which served as an epilogue.

Anyway, if we get a Direct on the 28th, here's hoping that we get FP7 revealed (and that it's Geno - I'd prefer to have him announced soon rather than having to wait a year or more), as opposed to another guessing game or nothing at all.
I guess it must have been recency bias. Only acknowledging the third due to it being the most relevant. I'll have to try and see the first 2 one day.

And about the direct, if it really is going to include stuff from E3 then if we were going to get a double reveal I hope we get one here. It's probably safe to say ARMS wouldn't have been part of that unless they wanted to reveal it and release it within a few weeks of each other which hasn't really happened aside from with Byleth

extremeturkey

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo has only one reveal for FP2 and it wasn't the greatest lead. It was clearly a shill 1st Party pick and [...]
that is such a bull**** thing to say. ARMS was a rare example of a significant new IP from Nintendo's internal first party studio and it deserved to get somebody who was playable.

DLC fighter slots are not reserved for third-party characters, SSB is a nintendo-focused game, you should not be shocked and pointing fingers at Nintendo "shilling" their games for putting somebody from ARMS into SSB. Honestly ARMS should have had somebody in the roster at the game's launch.

Droodle

Smash Lord
Just a bit longer guys, I have a feeling that there's a very good shot of us getting Geno in soon (hopefully). I probably won't be too active here, due to uni starting back up again, but I just wanted to wish you all good luck ahead of time. I know I criticize a good chunk of the theories/speculation here, but I mean no harm by it; and I do believe that most of the characters speculated upon here have a pretty good shot here (I just find most of the theories regarding them to be a stretches, and I'd rather not overthink them).

While I do think that this board has it's fair share of flaws, I do admire the dedication that so many people put in showing their support for Geno. So yeah, just wanted to say that...

At the very LEAST we ARE getting a Smash reveal within a week, too much is lined up with it (even if it doesn't end up being Geno). And honestly speaking, Nintendo news has been so slow that I'm looking forward to the other games more, rather than just Smash, especially if the rumors that I and so many others have heard are true.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
that is such a bull**** thing to say. ARMS was a rare example of a significant new IP from Nintendo's internal first party studio and it deserved to get somebody who was playable.

DLC fighter slots are not reserved for third-party characters, SSB is a nintendo-focused game, you should not be shocked and pointing fingers at Nintendo "shilling" their games for putting somebody from ARMS into SSB. Honestly ARMS should have had somebody in the roster at the game's launch.
I agree. Outisde of Geno, i would prefer this Pass to be first-party focused, even if it inlcuded characters i don't really care about (IE: Elma)

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman

I don’t really know why your getting fairly heated over someone just saying Geno’s not guaranteed. I understand being tired of constantly being told to “Hype responsibly”, but all this guy was doing was just trying to keep things in check. We all think Geno’s likely to be next, I’m personally really confident in him being next as well. But it’s entirely possible he isn’t next. The timing and such is all looking really good for him, but the next Fighter can very easily be someone else. Don’t want to bring the mood of the thread down, but it is a possibility.

Also, going after how many likes a persons post got is a bit of a low blow.

MattX20

Smash Hero
The only genuine DLC promotional pick was Byleth, and that was the only one that angered me. The rest of the DLC so far for me was like this: Piranha Plant was admittedly a strange pick but it's really hard to get mad at it especially when you could get it for free. Joker was a nice surprise and definitely reinvigorated the hope for DLC going forward, the DQ heroes represented an entire series all in one character slot and any resentment I had was largely due to 6 months worth of toxic leak bandwagoning and speculation and not the fault of the series itself. Banjo and Terry were very fun additions and came from series with noteworthy legacies. Lastly, Min Min is how I feel first party picks for DLC should be handled, either give a new rep to a franchise with less than 4 reps ala Xenoblade, Kirby, and DK, or give it a franchise/game that didn't have a rep before.

D

Deleted member

I don’t really know why your getting fairly heated over someone just saying Geno’s not guaranteed. I understand being tired of constantly being told to “Hype responsibly”, but all this guy was doing was just trying to keep things in check. We all think Geno’s likely to be next, I’m personally really confident in him being next as well. But it’s entirely possible he isn’t next. The timing and such is all looking really good for him, but the next Fighter can very easily be someone else. Don’t want to bring the mood of the thread down, but it is a possibility.

I would have to agree. Personally, I think Geno is very likely but I can’t risk thinking he’s 100% guaranteed. I once said people are free to think what they want about their expectations and all, but there is a universal rule not only Smash but life in general, nothing is guaranteed. We all have to get prepared on the possibility of Geno getting costumed again as literally no Geno fan would want that.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Honestly using "my post has more likes" as an argument (well, maybe it's not an argument but instead just an observation) is just "argumentum ad populum". Just because a certain opinion/thought is held by the majority it does not make it true or right, unless you want to argue most of the people that thought the Grinch Leak was real were right (Im not calling anyone here im just giving an example).

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
As I've said before, my stance on Geno being in Smash has shifted from 'he might be in' to 'he is probably in' and it wouldn't at all surprise me if he was next. That said, Nintendo is Nintendo, so if in the coming days we get a reveal trailer for Monty Mole, I also wouldn't be very surprised.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
As I've said before, my stance on Geno being in Smash has shifted from 'he might be in' to 'he is probably in' and it wouldn't at all surprise me if he was next. That said, Nintendo is Nintendo, so if in the coming days we get a reveal trailer for Monty Mole, I also wouldn't be very surprised.
MONTY MOLE? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?

MUDDY MOLE IS WHERE IT'S AT!

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
The only genuine DLC promotional pick was Byleth, and that was the only one that angered me. The rest of the DLC so far for me was like this: Piranha Plant was admittedly a strange pick but it's really hard to get mad at it especially when you could get it for free. Joker was a nice surprise and definitely reinvigorated the hope for DLC going forward, the DQ heroes represented an entire series all in one character slot and any resentment I had was largely due to 6 months worth of toxic leak bandwagoning and speculation and not the fault of the series itself. Banjo and Terry were very fun additions and came from series with noteworthy legacies. Lastly, Min Min is how I feel first party picks for DLC should be handled, either give a new rep to a franchise with less than 4 reps ala Xenoblade, Kirby, and DK, or give it a franchise/game that didn't have a rep before.
Byleth stung more because people at the start of the pass were pessimistically assuming that an FE rep, particularly 3 Houses, was guaranteed a spot because Nintendo. Then Joker shocked the hell out of everybody. Then came Hero which helped but it was Banjo that made people denounce the idea that this pass was going to be Nintendo shilling ad picks like Corrin. When Terry furthered that idea and then Nintendo went dead silent on character 5 to which leakers could not figure out, many thought it was such a big name fan favorite non shill that it waa going to blow everyone away.

Then it was Byleth.

So in the end, the pessimistic group was 100% correct from the start, but it hurt more because hopes were raised so high through out the pass.

For as much as Nintendo can have their finger on the fanbase pulse and know exact what they want, Nintendo can also be tone deaf to fans and unable to read a room almost to the point of parody.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
damn I remember sitting right where i am now something like a year ago and wondering how great it would be if we could just finally get something that could give reason to really believe we could pull this off.

man if only i knew what was coming, even just a few months later.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

Honestly speaking, Muddy Mole looks like an interesting character.

On-topic, but if both Geno and Waluigi were to be in this pass, would they both have been E3 reveals had E3 not been cancelled? Or would Geno have been saved for a later point?

damn I remember sitting right where i am now something like a year ago and wondering how great it would be if we could just finally get something that could give reason to really believe we could pull this off.

man if only i knew what was coming, even just a few months later.
edit:sorry, I quoted the wrong post.

Byleth stung more because people at the start of the pass were pessimistically assuming that an FE rep, particularly 3 Houses, was guaranteed a spot because Nintendo. Then Joker shocked the hell out of everybody. Then came Hero which helped but it was Banjo that made people denounce the idea that this pass was going to be Nintendo shilling ad picks like Corrin. When Terry furthered that idea and then Nintendo went dead silent on character 5 to which leakers could not figure out, many thought it was such a big name fan favorite non shill that it waa going to blow everyone away.

Then it was Byleth.

So in the end, the pessimistic group was 100% correct from the start, but it hurt more because hopes were raised so high through out the pass.
A lot of people already were angry the amount of Fire Emblem characters and Byleth wasn’t even a particularly highly requested character by a long shot, two other factors that really didn’t help his reception.

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Honestly speaking, Muddy Mole looks like an interesting character.

On-topic, but if both Geno and Waluigi were to be in this pass, would they both have been E3 reveals had E3 not been cancelled?

A lot of people already were angry the amount of Fire Emblem characters and Byleth wasn’t even a particularly highly requested character by a long shot, two other factors that really didn’t help.
If Mario was prominently plastered on the marketing of it, two Mario characters would probably have been a shoo in. In a general presentation though, I wouldn't have thought so.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord

That's really funny you bring it up because I'm finishing up mole mania as we speak. Shame it never got another chance in a more forgiving environment.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
If Mario was prominently plastered on the marketing of it, two Mario characters would probably have been a shoo in. In a general presentation though, I wouldn't have thought so.
Honestly speaking, there is a part of me that wouldn’t be surprised if Waluigi was one of the next characters.

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Honestly speaking, there is a part of me that wouldn’t be surprised if Waluigi was one of the next characters.
Yeah there are definitely things going for Waluigi. I feel that if we do get a Mario rep then it'd probably be Geno. Waluigi has his popularity but I don't really remember it starting till Smash 4 with it really getting boosted in Ultimate after he was practically the last Mario characters who people really wanted. I never really considered Toad due to how long they have actually taken to make him playable when BowJu and Rosalina got in Smash 4. I don't usually like using it hasn't happened yet as an excuse but I feel with Toad it's an exception as he had so many opportunities to join and he is such an iconic character, yet they aren't in a hurry to add him.

If Geno gets his own series symbol I admit I would more strongly suspect Waluigi as that would mean we technically wouldn't have a true Mario series character in the pass but if not I don't think Waluigi would be too likely should Geno get confirmed

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
Why do we gotta trash Byleth constantly for literally no reason? It happened. He's in. Get over it already.
FE was already over represented. Another franchise deserved that spot or a new one.
is anger good over a fictional character? No.
But people are allowed to be angry.
Deal with it.

Anyways,144 hours remaining for Direct news.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
SO

Lemme tell you about a dream I had about Geno. Little blue wizard man himself. All this hype got my thinking about him on the subconscious level.

ANYHOW

I dreamt we were in some kind of bar watching a Direct and they actually revealed Geno, and some guy like, got SO MAD he picked up a chair and threw it. Geno turned out to actually be IN THE BAR, he was like sitting in the corner and he got up and walked up to the guy that threw the chair and said "How about we have a proper chinwag, you butthead?" and the guy was like "GET OUT OF HERE! You don't belong here, BUTTHEAD!" and then Geno shot his fist at the guy and popped him right in the chin, causing him to fall to the bar floor. We all forgot about the rest of the Direct because everybody was trying to beat Geno to death with chairs and bottles and one guy tried to trill a clarinet directly into Geno's ear to blow out his eardrums. Geno got mad and shot everyone with his finger bullets and shot his fist into a guy's stomach and he flew back into and THROUGH a table and another guy got picked up and thrown through a wall.

Didn't see the end of it because the scene switched to a bus that we were sitting on and Geno was sitting on a bus seat wagging his feet because the feet didn't touch the floor (he's short). Some guy with tattoos went "Somebody get that LITTLE BLUE BUTTHEAD... OUTTA HERE" and then another girl on the bus went "HEY, Geno's cool! Leave him alone!" and then there was a huge fight on the bus and the bus driver was like "heyyyyyyy settle down, settle dooooooown" but then Geno said "THAT'S ENOUGH!" And he shot his Geno Beam down the aisle of the bus and went "Will you little buttheaded fartknockers just SHUT UP! SHUT! UP! I'm trying to get to Smash, OK? So just SHUT UP!" and some fat guy crossed his arms and went "You're a butthead" and Geno punched him in the stomach and everyone went silent. We got off the bus and went down the sidewalk and some alleyway bozos were there in ratty clothes goin "Ohhh look who looks so special? What a CHEESE WHEEL! YOU CHEESE WHEEL! WE'LL STRIP YOU OF YOUR CAAAAAAAASH! AHHH HAHAHAHAHA" and Geno... well... Geno was prettty mad so we stopped at McDonald's and everyone just kinda stared at him and said nothing in particular. Then Jimmy Durante got up from his seat and went "Ohhh hohohohohohohooo! Watch out! Ahhhh cha cha chaaaaaaaaaaaa" and he threw a cherry pie in Geno's face.

Then I woke up. So I don't know what Geno did after that.

If that was a view into another universe, that's all why Geno is taking so long to get into Smash. He's... had a rough time. It'll make for plenty of stories for Geno to tell the rest of the Smash cast once he DOES get there. Geno sitting there at a table with Pikachu, Min Min, Cloud and Samus and he just goes "Did I ever tell you about the time Jimmy Durante threw a pie in my face at a McDonald's?"

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
Why do we gotta trash Byleth constantly for literally no reason? It happened. He's in. Get over it already.
I mean my opinion on Byleth, Joker, Corrin, Bayonetta, or any other character I don't like isn't going to change that easily. Incineroar is one of the few exceptions where I didn't like him when he was revealed but now I do after trying him out. This didn't happen with other charcacters, including the ones I mentioned.

Yes, I deal with it since these characters are already in but that doesn't mean my reasons for disliking them have disappeared.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord

'Getting heated' implies some sort of building of emotion in a discussion, which I can assure you there wasn't any.

All I suggested was that people are tired of the same old 'PLZ HYPE RESPONSIBLY' like they are children who need to be looked after. We are all adults here, and we can manage ourselves just fine without some babysitter coming through to tell us how to manage our emotions.

Also, there is no possibility that Geno isn't the next reveal. I said the same thing for Roshi, I'll say the same thing for Geno. If I'm wrong, oh well, Geno is still coming regardless. If I'm right, I hard-called it when so many others were wishy-washy. I'd rather go in expecting a lot and not getting it then spend the whole time down in the dumps and ho hummin' it like I got some case of Nintendo-triggered depression and then be proven wrong. I'd rather spend most of my time with a positive outlook and be wrong then spend most of my time with a negative outlook and have just as much of chance of being wrong.

The only reason I pointed out the likes had nothing to do with the person, but proof that this attitude isn't really welcome here. Pessimism has too much of a stronghold at large, and I'm fighting a small bit here in the Smash community. Get yourself psyched for the ****ing moon when it comes to character reveals. Expect your favorite character or something crazy big, go on about double or even triple reveals.

GO NUTS!

If it doesn't happen, oh well. Move on.

In case you guys are wondering why I'm pushing this ideology so hard, yes it does have something to do with this big post I'm working on.

Also, if you think Min Min wasn't a shill pick, idk what to tell ya. Nobody asked for ARMS and it was dead months before the March half-reveal. When Nintendo and Sakurai work together and put in characters people actually ask for, like Ridley, K. Rool, Hero and Banjo, they are fan picks regardless of who owns them. When Nintendo twists Sakurai's ARMS and says 'You need to promote a new IP of ours' and you get characters no one wanted like Byleth and an ARMS rep, this is a shill pick that is first party. Thus far, we don't have a third party shill pick because all of them have been requested or were hype inclusions. I merely tossed in Terry because some folks called him a shill back way back during his reveal and I found it hilarious honestly.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
FE was already over represented. Another franchise deserved that spot or a new one.
is anger good over a fictional character? No.
But people are allowed to be angry.
Deal with it.

Anyways,144 hours remaining for Direct news.
I think still being angry about it 8 months later is pretty ridiculous and unhealthy. No one has to like Byleth, but I think the time to have everyone constantly complaining about him in every thread has long since passed.
I mean my opinion on Byleth, Joker, Corrin, Bayonetta, or any other character I don't like isn't going to change that easily. Incineroar is one of the few exceptions where I didn't like him when he was revealed but now I do after trying him out. This didn't happen with other charcacters, including the ones I mentioned.

Yes, I deal with it since these characters are already in but that doesn't mean my reasons for disliking them have disappeared.
You don't have to change your opinion on them, but you also don't have to constantly **** on him. There's a difference.

Let me ask you all a question. If the situation was reversed, and Geno got in back then, but the rest of the fanbase hates him, how would you feel about it? If every time you go to an unrelated thread people moaned about how bad the reveal was and how much they hate Geno and how Nintendo is so tone deaf for adding him? If people on the thread of your new most wanted blamed Geno fans for the hate against the character? This is literally not acceptable for any other character on the roster. Can you imagine this happening in LITERALLY every thread for anyone else? Even Piranha Plant has people sticking up for it, and if the bashing keeps going on everyone gets sick of it. But the community thinks nothing of ****ting on Byleth all the time. Try having empathy and understanding how grating it would be to still have this going on 8 MONTHS LATER for a character you like. It's been beaten so far beyond death. Honestly I'm super sick of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom