• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
So I know not everyone believes the're legit, and I certainly don't believe in this myself, but what do you guys think of this?
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Supposing this is a legit Smash tease, who do you think it could be hinting at?

I'm tempted to think that it may have something to do with Geno. The character in the image could be a roundabout way of describing him, as a living creature inhabiting an inanimate shell. U.S. ACRES could be a reference to his popularity being overwhelmingly based in the U.S., and perhaps GARFIELD & FRIENDS could be a reference to Mario's team in SMRPG? WADE THE DUCK might be a reference to Mallow, since both he and Sheldon are from the same series. Likewise, Mallow is from the same game as Geno. Also, both are white and fluffy, and both of them wear something puffy as "pants".

I dunno, maybe worth looking into? @papagenos

Has to be trolling BUT I will say that out of the blue and within the past few days 4chan was hit with a bunch (like half a dozen) of supposed leaks saying Eggman was our next fighter. Obv I don't need to say much bc it's 4chan, but there's always that small sliver somebody is legit leaking bc 4chan is anonymous and does get real leaks (even Nintendo ones)

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Nice. This turned into the Byleth thread.

On topic of the character this thread is actually about, just a friendly reminder that if/when Geno gets into Smash, he'll have an amiibo just like every other Smash character, and that's an opportunity to grab a piece of Geno merch that isn't $50 or more.
You can thank Sigran101 Sigran101 for that.

Speaking of Geno merch, my god if the rumors about his reveal I heard are true, there is gonna be a lot more merch to buy and I'm so okay with throwing my money away on anything SMRPG.

Griselda

Smash Lord
Has to be trolling BUT I will say that out of the blue and within the past few days 4chan was hit with a bunch (like half a dozen) of supposed leaks saying Eggman was our next fighter. Obv I don't need to say much bc it's 4chan, but there's always that small sliver somebody is legit leaking bc 4chan is anonymous and does get real leaks (even Nintendo ones)
Not gonna lie, I'd still want Geno later in the pass but I wouldn't at all mind if we got Eggman next, with one of his bases or something as a stage. A Sonic stage that isn't just Green Hill again would be a godsend.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

Speaking of Geno merch, my god if the rumors about his reveal I heard are true, there is gonna be a lot more merch to buy and I'm so okay with throwing my money away on anything SMRPG.
You do realize I was the one telling people to STOP talking about Byleth right?

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Hmm, Eggman with a possible Shadow echo for Sonic?

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
If that had been a hint, Eggman would definitely the best bet.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Trolling
You do realize I was the one telling people to STOP talking about Byleth right?
Even tagging you about the conversation was a bad idea, I'll own up to that. If anyone else wants to debate about the indisputable fact that Byleth was widely unrequested, unpopular, the Corrin of Ultimate thus far and whether or not it's completely fine to say such things when trying to make a point, go take it up in PMs. Otherwise, this thread will be stuck in a never ending spiral of people trying to stan the feelings of other people they don't really know over fictional characters in a video game.

I'm getting pretty close to that spicy post guys. I think you will all enjoy what a doozy of a post it truly is. Oh, it's also a good spicy, as opposed to some of the recent spice I've gotten which is a bit too hot for some folks. I can honestly say this post will be flavortown without the heat.

Here's a hint: it's something everyone in Smash speculation is thinking about, but no one wants to talk about it or even humor the idea. And no, it's not Geno. Blasphemy, I know.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Even tagging you about the conversation was a bad idea, I'll own up to that. If anyone else wants to debate about the indisputable fact that Byleth was widely unrequested, unpopular, the Corrin of Ultimate thus far and whether or not it's completely fine to say such things when trying to make a point, go take it up in PMs. Otherwise, this thread will be stuck in a never ending spiral of people trying to stan the feelings of other people they don't really know over fictional characters in a video game.

I'm getting pretty close to that spicy post guys. I think you will all enjoy what a doozy of a post it truly is.

Here's a hint: it's something everyone in Smash speculation is thinking about, but no one wants to talk about it or even humor the idea. And no, it's not Geno. Blasphemy, I know.
"I'm done attacking but here's one last attack and then everything else is off limits"

Don't apologize for targeting me and then target me again in the same post.

Last edited:

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Well so we are talking about Geno's aerials?
NAIR: When he was fighting with Bowyer, he make a little spin. Just make Banjo's or Ivysaur's ones with that
BAIR: He will launch his punch
FAIR: He uses Finger Shot
DAIR: Either using his punch like Megaman or the Star makes a punch (It can make a Spike in both ways)
UAIR: Just a kick like Mario,Terry or Min-Min

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
"I'm done attacking but here's one last attack and then everything else is off limits"

Don't apologize for targeting me and then target me again in the same post.
When was the day that everything that you didn't agree with being stated around you or to you turn into an attack?

Seriously though, before the staff go ham on this thread yet again can we please move on for Geno's sake?

Well so we are talking about Geno's aerials?
NAIR: When he was fighting with Bowyer, he make a little spin. Just make Banjo's or Ivysaur's ones with that
BAIR: He will launch his punch
FAIR: He uses Finger Shot
DAIR: Either using his punch like Megaman or the Star makes a punch (It can make a Spike in both ways)
UAIR: Just a kick like Mario,Terry or Min-Min
I'd actually like to see his Dair be the launch punch and have it push him up a bit. That would work wonders and then Geno's Up B could perhaps be something that isn't related to recovery. It would have massively diminishing results and be rather punishable of course.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I'd personally be interested in seeing some of these 4chan Eggman plans, fake and foiled as they may be (I mean really, do any of Eggman's plans ACTUALLY succeed?)

If he DOES come with a bonus echo fighter, then... hopefully Metal Sonic as a "floatier version of Sonic"... kinda like Dark Samus is to Samus, ya know? And MAYBE Eggman Pack or whatever SOMEHOW... look, I want "What I'm Made Of" REALLY BADLY. PLEASE... ONE WAY OR ANOTHER.

Plus, METAL being an echo could bring of COURSE, require the whole "YOU MIGHT KNOW EVERYTHING I'M GOING TO DO, BUT THAT'S NOT GOING TO HELP YOU BECAUSE I KNOW EVERYTHING YOU'RE GOING TO DO! STRRRRRRRRANGE ISN'T IT?" thing to be reborn into SMASH memes

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
When was the day that everything that you didn't agree with being stated around you or to you turn into an attack?

Seriously though, before the staff go ham on this thread yet again can we please move on for Geno's sake?
Oh ****, you're right!
People do this all the time to justify feeling bad for other people, and while the goal usually seems to be some sort of mutual understanding it's used way too much now just to make someone feel like a jerk. 'Imagine if you were in their shoes' is a quick way to guilt trip some people, and sometimes that lesson needs to be learned, but real life isn't a Hallmark movie.
Otherwise, this thread will be stuck in a never ending spiral of people trying to stan the feelings of other people they don't really know over fictional characters in a video game.
Clearly these were all objective facts about Byleth and not attacking me specifically.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Oh ****, you're right!

Clearly these were all objective facts about Byleth and not attacking me specifically.
I'm going to go ahead and let you know that I am letting this go. Even if you respond again in this thread, for the sake of the thread not getting locked before Geno's reveal, I'm letting this go.

If you want to keep making this an issue when it isn't, please do us all a favor and PM me. Just stay on topic, please.

Dukefire

Smash Master
The on going Pandemic and the news drought from Nintendo combination is making threads more unstable at times. We can still wait, just hold your flame in a more controlled way.
Screenshot_20200818-185411_YouTube.jpg

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I'm going to go ahead and let you know that I am letting this go. Even if you respond again in this thread, for the sake of the thread not getting locked before Geno's reveal, I'm letting this go.

If you want to keep making this an issue when it isn't, please do us all a favor and PM me. Just stay on topic, please.
You can prove you're actually letting it go rather than making one last attack and then closing the issue (which is sure what it sounds like) by not responding to this post. If you don't respond I'll let it go too.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
The on going Pandemic and the news drought from Nintendo combination is making threads more unstable at times. We can still wait, just hold your flame in a more controlled way.
View attachment 283159
Clearly this is the case, though I can't speak for other threads. Newcomer's seems fine outside of them being tired of people talking about our blue puppet boi. I think some people are just more antsy than others due to all the stress modern life injects into our veins anymore, and when you rely on things like Nintendo Directs to help with that and then they aren't there, you kinda get even more stressed.

I've got another hint: it's an extension on something we talk about every day

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
Also, before I forget - a stage idea I don't think I've seen presented: Mario's Pad. Maybe with the inside of the house itself be able to be entered (though it'd be rather cramped in there, I'd think). I'm guessing it might be like the early version of Great Bay where you could go into the laboratory. The pipe on top of the house could be used as either a second entrance/exit, or as a warp to some other part of the stage.

Dukefire

Smash Master
No offence to open the wounds even more, but having one game, one small cameo in M&L SuperStar Saga mini game and a mii costume in Smash 4 does bring a lot of tension at stake to the point of exhaustion and/or faith lost. Plus with older characters getting a new spark of hope with recent releases or a popularity boost.

Of course, it's also a fight for other characters with arguments of having history important, connections with nintendo, and many other reasons.

Honestly, I learned after Bayonetta's reveal in Smash 4 last DLC, it is better to not think about your favorite's chances too much since reality is not always in everyone's favor.

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
If you have to choose a word (only one) to debscribe your personal campaign ending with Geno playable in Ultimate, which one would you use? Since I met Geno with 6 years old and been dying to see him again, my most wanted ever (with Mega Man), I will choose:

Catharsis.

extremeturkey

Smash Apprentice
"why are people STILL angry about byleth after 8 months" you are on a smash brothers discussion forum, it makes sense that people's opinions on byleth will continue to come up. The simple truth is Byleth's inclusion was a relatively disliked one. it's just an opinion and it doesn't harm you

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
If you have to choose a word (only one) to debscribe your personal campaign ending with Geno playable in Ultimate, which one would you use? Since I met Geno with 6 years old and been dying to see him again, my most wanted ever (with Mega Man), I will choose:

Catharsis.
"Spoiled"

I already got 4 of my top 5 this game, and Geno would be all 5. Sakurai has basically given me everything I wanted with the game.

Griselda

Smash Lord

Catharsis.
Resurrection

The beginning of a new era that's been far too long coming.

link2702

Smash Champion

Catharsis.
Peace.

I can finally rest easy. No more speculating and hoping each year a new smash is announced, no more waiting when each character is revealed only for the final one to not be Geno.

I can finally focus on new things, instead of clinging to every last smash announcement in hopes that Geno appears.

i've been waiting for over 10 years now. I want to finally rest.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Catharsis.
Finally

I haven’t been in Smash speculation for like, 20 years like some other people. But from the moment I jumped on (2015) I knew that Ridley, K Rool, Banjo, and Geno were among the most requested characters by the fanbase. Five years later three of those characters are in the game, and I hope the fourth’ll join soon.

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if I'm part of the reason this Byleth tangent happened in the first place Sigran101 Sigran101 . I just personally feel like people can state their opinions if they want and people that don't like someone's opinions should try to not take it personally or think about it too much. I know I got very annoyed at Steve trolls back in 2019 and people saying "Banjo is boring" or "Nobody plays Banjo" get on my nerves but I try to ignore those people and not think about what they say.

Unless people try to attack you for liking something, then **** those people.

Anyway, Geno. He's a nice guy and should get in Smash.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Sorry if I'm part of the reason this Byleth tangent happened in the first place Sigran101 Sigran101 . I just personally feel like people can state their opinions if they want and people that don't like someone's opinions should try to not take it personally or think about it too much. I know I got very annoyed at Steve trolls back in 2019 and people saying "Banjo is boring" or "Nobody plays Banjo" get on my nerves but I try to ignore those people and not think about what they say.

Unless people try to attack you for liking something, then **** those people.

Anyway, Geno. He's a nice guy and should get in Smash.
Oh no problem, you're good! I appreciate the apology though! I totally agree that people can state their opinions, I just feel like this opinion is stated constantly everywhere I go, and it's just so disheartening to constantly have to be reminded that everyone hates something I like.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Well, while these last directs have been hit or miss. Or mostly not existing, hehe. It seems like we could potentially get one now. Going for the fact that there's a lot of people supporting the fact that it is going to happen soon enough. Not on a specific day perhaps, but yes on the it happening eventually.

And for that, I'm stumped. In one half, I'll be 'don't get ahead of yourselves' but in the other, I want to be hype. And believe me, I do. It's been so long (almost a year, if even) and seems like we could get one, finally.

For that, I guess my mindset changed and fir once, I'm aboard the hype train. We NEED news so badly and I wish we finally get them. Nintendo could even go all out in this direct and wait until the next one when things settled in 2021, hopefully. Just one that's good could suffice.

Crossing my fingers for the direct.

:bowser: .

QQS

Smash Lord
Announcement:
Monday 24 August

Reveal of Geno and Crash:
Friday 28 August

Play as Geno:
Sunday 13 September

(am I dreaming?)

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Grubb is also one guy and everyone else still seems to think it is indeed a general next week. Even people like ZhugeEx are backing it up. I just think he's being cautious after what happened the last two times in March and July. Not to mention I'd think after last month the people who are claiming it is indeed a real direct have made sure of that this time. What would even be the point of doing an event on the 28th and then holding a direct less than 2 weeks later? Not to mention precedent, even in this year back in March, lends to Nintendo holding directs within a few weeks of their indie showcases. We have nothing to worry about.

Last edited:

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
Don't talk here much but hey, take my birthday luck for your puppet boy. I hope yall's wish gets granted.
I have no clue who did my profile picture but I appreciate it.
Thanks, Hugh! We'll send you a Geno hatted Duck and some pie as a thank you when he's in! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom