• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattX20

Smash Hero
View attachment 282909

Well? Do you?

(I'm particularly interested in seeing the responses from the more... outspoken people of the thread.)
My least wanted character was Heihachi as I strongly disliked the character and him being a Mii Costume solidifies that he's not one of the remaining 5 and another FE character is VERY unlikely. So as long as Geno is one of the remaining 5, that's all that matters

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
My least wanted character was Heihachi as I strongly disliked the character and him being a Mii Costume solidifies that he's not one of the remaining 5 and another FE character is VERY unlikely. So as long as Geno is one of the remaining 5, that's all that matters
Real Talk: What % chance do people honestly think we'd get another FE character in FP#2?

I agree that the chances would be fairly low, especially since there hasn't been a new FE game since 3H, but does anyone think Nintendo would try to sneak one in? (DISCLAIMER: We needn't bash the receptions of past characters, I'm just curious about the future)

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
View attachment 282909

Well? Do you?

(I'm particularly interested in seeing the responses from the more... outspoken people of the thread.)
I've said it before and I'll say it again: I've already gotten just about every character I've ever wanted in Smash, so I'm pretty much set:
  • Roy came back as DLC in Smash 4 and as part of the whole EVERYONE IS HERE! thing Ultimate had.
  • Sonic joined in Brawl.
  • Mega Man joined in Smash 4.
  • King K. Rool and Banjo & Kazooie joined in Ultimate.
As for my least wanted, putting aside characters who I don't want due to preference (For example, I didn't want Steve for Smash simply because I wanted Banjo instead. Same goes for 2B and Sora in the case of Geno.), I literally only have one character who I don't want to see become a fighter in Smash, and they're currently an Assist Trophy.

In other good news, apparently Trials of Mana crushed sales expectations so expect more major projects from Nintendo and Square going forward:

Interesting! Perhaps this could lead to a SMRPG remake actually becoming a thing in the future?

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Pretty bold of NateDrake to be so adamant about a Direct next and it not being a partner showcase. This gives me some hope.

...or is this just gonna end up being another fake-out like Dante was yesterday. :/
Dante was a literal ****post specifically done to mess with clickbait sites and twitter leakers who report on everything said by these people on resetera, he even said it in the post. People seem very confident in a major direct occurring next week and have for weeks now.

Inkling Man

Smash Apprentice
I've got the perfect idea for Geno's Final Smash. He shoots a star from his Star Gun and if anyone gets hit by it, a cinematic will play showing Geno, Mallow and either Mario, Peach or Bowser teaming up to attack the opponents who were hit by the star.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Yeah, a Direct seems imminent and insiders will likely start ****posting about it starting tomorrow with teases of whatever they know. I think the final week will be more fun than torturous for a change.
That would be very nice after months of aggravation

Rural_Juror

Smash Apprentice
That would be very nice after months of aggravation
Right? It doesn't even have to be stuff coming out this year, they could tell me "Hey Mario 3D world is coming out in 2022, the only thing we did is add Daisy/Wario/Toadette" and I'd at least be happy they're willing to drop us news.

Ray102396

Smash Apprentice
View attachment 282909

Well? Do you?

Well... If that's what it takes to get Geno in, then of course I'd take it. As for least wanted... I feel like this is a very uncommon opinion just based on things I've seen, but that would be Master Chief. I've personally wanted Doomguy since the base game came out, he's my second or third most wanted overall (tied with Majima from Yakuza), and I really can't see them going with two "guys in armor with guns" in the same pass. Plus there's the fact of just not liking Halo itself, just couldn't get into it, plus there's other FPS games I'd rather have a character from than Halo anyway, other than Doom. It'd be worth it though, because I know Chief would make a lot of people happy, complete opposite of Byleth... Even if they're in my top 5 played characters now

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Just remember guys, at ain't over till it's over. Wait for that direct before assuming CP7 is any certain character. Don't flip out and assume Dante is the next character just because Nate Drake said he enjoys pizza.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Dante was a literal ****post specifically done to mess with clickbait sites and twitter leakers who report on everything said by these people on resetera, he even said it in the post. People seem very confident in a major direct occurring next week and have for weeks now.
I know Dante was bait, I was here for that.

My point is that I hope these hints are genuine and NateDrake doesn't come out an hour from now being like "Actually I'm not that confident. It could happen, but idk. Sorry."

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Full disclosure, I still think he or Demise would make for a cool addition to the Zelda characters. You know, instead of yet another Link clone. Plus we could always use more villains in Smash.
Since Ganondorf uses his sword as of Ultimate, and because he's basically the proto Ganondorf anyways, Demise would work incredibly well as an Echo Fighter for Ganondorf.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Honestly its hard for me to really think of a character I'd fundamentally not want in Smash. Even in Tingle got selected I'd gladly take him to get a favorite fighter in.

I think it might be a trickier question to ask which of your favorites already in the game would you lose to get Geno?

Last edited:

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 282909

Well? Do you?

I've become more of the opinion that any new characters are good with me, especially as I've gotten older. I used to be so against even including side characters like Diddy Kong, I'm totally serious about that, so you can imagine how I felt when third party started getting announced lol

That said, my most wanted characters are pretty much all in. At this point it's just the stragglers that I didn't expect until we got to this point. Characters like Geno, but also some others I don't often see mentioned like Arthur, Elma, or Takamaru. At this point I'll take them or leave them because the roster feels so incredible as it is. I never thought I'd get half these characters, especially Pit, Mega Man and Simon if we're being honest. Those were huge mind blowing moments for me, because I was such a big Captain N fan as a kid.

I guess at this point I would say my most wanted is Geno and I would gladly take it because whatever other character comes with it can't be horrible, even if it's something trash like Mr Bones or Bubsy or even Toxtricity (sorry, but I hate that stupid gecko)

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
People are asking about Wario so here's a timeline:

March 2018: Wario Land trademark is renewed a second time in less than a year and Wario Ware is trademark renewed too. Trademark includes the Virtual Boy game.

February 2019: First time I personally start hearing Wario rumors.

June 2019: Vergeben publicly says he's heard Wario Ware is being developed for Switch.

September 2019: hear about cancelled 3DS projects being either ported or completely remade for Switch. I want to say someone made this information public around this time but I don't remember who.

November 2019: Imran Khan confirms the above and heavily implies the Fire Emblem 6/7 rumor is true too:

Wario Land VB is often cited as one of the rumored cancelled 3DS projects.
Coincidentally Tyler McVicker posted a video today covering all this as well plus more

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
View attachment 282909

Well? Do you?

Honestly, no. Geno is my most wanted, but there are very few characters I wouldn't be excited for and I'd rather have six great characters and not my most wanted than get my most wanted but garuntee a spot for sandbag.

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
View attachment 282909

Well? Do you?

I have multiple most-wanted characters, so to make this a bit more interesting, here's a small list of my most-wanted characters along with each of my least-wanted characters they'd all come with...
  • Most Wanted- Geno (Super Mario RPG)
    • Least Wanted - Kersti (Paper Mario: Sticker Star)
  • Most Wanted- Phoenix Wright (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney)
    • Least Wanted - C. Viper (Street Fighter IV)
  • Most Wanted- Dante (Devil May Cry)
    • Least Wanted - Decapre (Ultra Street Fighter IV)
  • Most Wanted- Doom Slayer (Doom)
    • Least Wanted - ... I don't know, some generic Call of Duty shooter guy
  • Most Wanted- Waluigi (Mario Tennis)
    • Least Wanted - Starlow (Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story)
  • Most Wanted- Crash (Crash Bandicoot)
    • Least Wanted - some generic Call of Duty shooter guy #2

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Yeah, a Direct seems imminent and insiders will likely start ****posting about it starting tomorrow with teases of whatever they know. I think the final week will be more fun than torturous for a change.
Remember a while back (some time before the Partner Showcase, I believe) when a bunch of insiders were seemingly teasing and ****posting about Geno out of nowhere?

Like StarLight42 StarLight42 said, it's best to not jump the gun and assume Fighter 7 is Geno or anyone else before they're revealed... but I can't help but wonder if we already got our big Shinobi moment without even realizing it...

Last edited:

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Remember a while back when a bunch of insiders were seemingly teasing and ****posting about Geno out of nowhere?

Like StarLight42 StarLight42 said, it's best to not jump the gun and assume Fighter 7 is Geno or anyone else before they're revealed... but I can't help but wonder if we already got our big Shinobi moment without even realizing it...
You know what would be better that the tease of Shinobi like the ones for Banjo and Ridley? A website moment. Let's say the direct is gonna be announced on Thrusday and Aired on Friday BUT i the Tuesday somebody is in the Smash Website for some reason, goes to the fighter section and KABOOM the next slot is dark blue (Color theory never dies) a 77 and a Star Guardina are there. Then he goes to the Geno page, see the pallet swoops, the 1st one is his classic dark blue, the 2nd one is a lighter, one is based on Mallow, one is Smithy, another is Jinx, etc. The photos includes one in which he is in the Forest Maze followed by Mario, other has the Mallow and Smithy mii costumes and other is he making his nood. Then it goes to the DLC page and read this:
"Geno from Super Mario RPG: Legend Of The Seven Stars is joining the battle. Use ones of his most iconic attacks like Geno Beam, Geno Whirl or Geno Blast to blow out your enemies. In his Final Smash he will use Geno Flash. This fighter came with a Forest Maze stage and 12 songs. Be sure to buy the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Fighter Pass Vol. 2 to get this next character when it is released" . Then they go to the Stage page and there is the Forest Maze and in the Music page a Beware The Forest Mushrooms Remix. Everybody notices. The page is erased in 3 hours. Now Geno is in everybody's bingo and this Thread blow out

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
WarioWare on Switch seems like a no-brainer, and FE fans LOVE Lyn so those rumors aren't too unbelievable.
Heck, I dare even say that if she was included over Byleth, people (not just FE fans) would be much more positive about it based on the mod community and all

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
View attachment 282909

Well? Do you?

Honestly this already happened to me.

In the base game, my most wanted for Smash was Simon Belmont, it was that way since the E3 Reveal of Smash 4, so you can imagine my hype for his reveal in August.

......and then PP happened, to this day one of my most hated gaming reveals in general, period.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Real Talk: What % chance do people honestly think we'd get another FE character in FP#2?

I agree that the chances would be fairly low, especially since there hasn't been a new FE game since 3H, but does anyone think Nintendo would try to sneak one in? (DISCLAIMER: We needn't bash the receptions of past characters, I'm just curious about the future)
Another FE fighter is not happening. 0.0% chance

I don’t know where I have Geno’s %. I want to go all in but I’d have to shove my scarred hand back into the fire and grab a fistful of smoldering coals. I’m prepared for disappointment.

**ck it. I want Geno in the game bad enough to go out in flames if he doesn’t show by 11. If he doesn’t show I will retire happy with my time in Smash since 64 and be done.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion

Had it not been for Byleth, I would have said that Lyn would have a good chance of being upgraded (would the rumors of 6+7 is getting remade being true)... But now? I can´t see it happening until the next game, no matter if its a port or a reboot. I mean, it's not impossible but I would be extremely shocked if we get another one this soon

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom