• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Man, we really don't need to turn this into the Isaac vs. Waluigi debate. Both would be great characters. I think Waluigi deserves it and is still the go-to choice for his legacy and popularity in Mario Spinoffs alone, but Isaac would also be a great choice. I'd love either, I just think Waluigi is first in line and i'm completely cool with that.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Firox Firox As a continuation, here's some of the "Big Stuff" that has gone public:

-Mario Remasters
-Zelda Remasters
-2D Metroid
-DK revival
-RARE Replay/MCC on Switch
-Persona on Switch
-Golden Sun
-Fire Emblem 6/7 remake
-Wario Land
-Mario Kart 9/F-Zero/new racing game

Honestly, more than half this list has a pretty decent shot of showing up in the next Direct and that's not even counting things like Smash.
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , am I able to PM you about one or two things on this list? Two of those things I have questions on, if you don't mind of course!

D

Deleted member

Firox Firox As a continuation, here's some of the "Big Stuff" that has gone public:

-Mario Remasters
-Zelda Remasters
-2D Metroid
-DK revival
-Persona on Switch
-Golden Sun
-Fire Emblem 6/7 remake
-Wario Land

Honestly, more than half this list has a pretty decent shot of showing up in the next Direct and that's not even counting things like Smash.
You have my attention. Are we truly on the verge of greatness?

Snoop_nogg

Smash Apprentice

-Mario Remasters
-Zelda Remasters
-2D Metroid
-DK revival
-Persona on Switch
-Golden Sun
-Fire Emblem 6/7 remake
-Wario Land

If we got like one of these things, I'd be amazed. Everything is so barren right now.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Curious, I vote Lloyd as the most likely and Geno as my most wanted the two things I don't understand is
1) Why is Shantae the 9th most likely?
-I understand Geno for the amount of evidence
-Dante and Rayman for weird words/moves of their developers and HUGE moveset potential
-Crash and Steve because how Iconic they are
-Rex, Paper Mario, Travis and a Pokemon Rep for SHILL
-DoomSlayer for the CacoMallow
-Hayabusa for Dozen of Tecmo and Nintendo proyects like Hyrule Warriors
-Sora for his fan demand
-Lloyd because as Geno he isn't a mii
-Reimu because how big Tohou is, ZUN want she in, Moveset potential, Her rights would easy to get and the fact that Tohou inspired a lot of people (Even Toby Fox) so it could be a good 1st Indie Rep (Steve, Reimu, Quote and SK would be the better IMO)
Sorry Shantae fans but I don't think she has a shot of being In
2) How is Isaac 6th and Waluigi 13th? It don't make sense
People have different tastes, and which characters are viewed as likely or popular varies depending on who's being asked. (it's like that Twitter poll that had the Heavy from Team Fortress 2 winning by a large amount)

For Shantae, I haven't played much of her games, but they're Metroidvanias (which pretty much guarantees a large amount of potential for her moveset by definition), and people would like to see the impact of indie games/developers acknowledged with a playable character, which likely plays a part. (Shovel Knight, Cuphead, and Sans come close, but didn't quite make it) Min Min's inclusion might have also helped. (since, much like with Geno, it makes it clear that spirits don't disqualify a character)

For Isaac and Waluigi, I'm not sure whether you're saying that they're too high or too low, but Isaac's up there in terms of being a long-time request (I'm pretty sure that, during Brawl, the biggest requests were Ridley, K. Rool, Geno, and Isaac - not sure if Banjo-Kazooie were up there or not at the time, since Rare was owned by Microsoft at that point), and people have been getting frustrated that Waluigi's been relegated to assist trophy status for three games in a row. However, the poll's from a PapaGenos Discord, and if people are going to pick a Mario character on a PapaGenos Discord, it's most likely to be Geno.

Last edited:

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
I would say that the name of the game is patience and a lot of it isn't public or has been explicitly told not to make public. I've sprinkled some very, very vague hints since last fall on a number of things but it's one of those things that if I specifically point out which posts then I'm giving them away. It's a catch 22: I don't like hoarding information but I don't want to spoil things either for certain announcements where the evidence is pretty damning. One thing I will say is that I'm willing to talk to people in private about particular questions but I can't just sit and list everything publicly. I don't want to endanger people and I also don't want to be "That Guy" that spoils major announcements. This is why I'm very public about my Smash predictions, because nobody has flat out told me my characters are happening. Things like the dead franchises, like Golden Sun like several people have now made public, are things I've either been told not to spoil or I have personally decided that spoiling them would be in bad taste.
And we appreciate you for it, as much as it pains me to not know some juicy info in advance. This dry spell is killing us!

On that topic of revivals and whatnot, I decided to make a post to my not-often-used blog and figured I'd share what I had here. Just some ideas of what some Nintendo franchise revivals could look like, sticking to obscure and dead IPs. Sorry but not sorry to be a shill.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Curious, I vote Lloyd as the most likely and Geno as my most wanted the two things I don't understand is
1) Why is Shantae the 9th most likely?
-I understand Geno for the amount of evidence
-Dante and Rayman for weird words/moves of their developers and HUGE moveset potential
-Crash and Steve because how Iconic they are
-Rex, Paper Mario, Travis and a Pokemon Rep for SHILL
-DoomSlayer for the CacoMallow
-Hayabusa for Dozen of Tecmo and Nintendo proyects like Hyrule Warriors
-Sora for his fan demand
-Lloyd because as Geno he isn't a mii
-Reimu because how big Tohou is, ZUN want she in, Moveset potential, Her rights would easy to get and the fact that Tohou inspired a lot of people (Even Toby Fox) so it could be a good 1st Indie Rep (Steve, Reimu, Quote and SK would be the better IMO)
Sorry Shantae fans but I don't think she has a shot of being In
2) How is Isaac 6th and Waluigi 13th? It don't make sense
Disclaimer, next to Banjo, she's probably my next most wanted, but I don't necessarily think she's that likely for this pass.

I think people are probably considering that WayForward seems to be doing a lot of things with Nintendo these days and Nintendo is the only company / console that every Shantae game has been on. I also think her moveset originating from a platform action game itself translates perfectly into Smash and also provides a strong female protagonist role. There's also a lot of Shantae games and her series is almost 20 years old at this point, so there's a bit of a history there.

Now, if you told me an Indie originated character is coming, she would probably be my top guess (unless we're counting Minecraft's roots) along with I suppose Shovel Knight and The Knight (Hollow Knight).

MattX20

Smash Hero
I voted for Shantae and Rayman during the Smash ballot, and that's largely because I enjoyed their games. Regretfully I didn't get the chance to vote for Geno also, but I'd support all 3 getting in

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
People are asking about Wario so here's a timeline:

March 2018: Wario Land trademark is renewed a second time in less than a year and Wario Ware is trademark renewed too. Trademark includes the Virtual Boy game.

February 2019: First time I personally start hearing Wario rumors.

June 2019: Vergeben publicly says he's heard Wario Ware is being developed for Switch.

September 2019: hear about cancelled 3DS projects being either ported or completely remade for Switch. I want to say someone made this information public around this time but I don't remember who.

November 2019: Imran Khan confirms the above and heavily implies the Fire Emblem 6/7 rumor is true too:

Wario Land VB is often cited as one of the rumored cancelled 3DS projects.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
People have different tastes, and which characters are viewed as likely or popular varies depending on who's being asked. (it's like that Twitter poll that had the Heavy from Team Fortress 2 winning by a large amount)

For Shantae, I haven't played much of her games, but they're Metroidvanias (which pretty much guarantees a large amount of potential for her moveset by definition), and people would like to see the impact of indie games/developers acknowledged with a playable character, which likely plays a part. (Shovel Knight, Cuphead, and Sans come close, but didn't quite make it) Min Min's inclusion might have also helped. (since, much like with Geno, it makes it clear that spirits don't disqualify a character)

For Isaac and Waluigi, I'm not sure whether you're saying that they're too high or too low, but Isaac's up there in terms of being a long-time request (I'm pretty sure that, during Brawl, the biggest requests were Ridley, K. Rool, Geno, and Isaac - not sure if Banjo-Kazooie were up there or not at the time, since Rare was owned by Microsoft at that point), and people have been getting frustrated that Waluigi's been relegated to assist trophy status for three games in a row. However, the poll's from a PapaGenos Discord, and if people are going to pick a Mario character on a PapaGenos Discord, it's most likely to be Geno.
I think another thing for Shantae is that out of the indie candidates, she has the least in her way. Shovel Knight's an Assist, Sans is a Mii, the Knight isn't as big, Quote and Freddy aren't at their peak popularity anymore, and Reimu's popularity is mostly in different circles than the Western Smash fanbase. As a result, it's easy to lean towards Shantae.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I've thought long and hard about this decision for a little while now. I have decided that I am going to be taking a break from this thread for a little while until we get some exciting news, or at the very least, until someone starts to tease at who CP7 is. I just feel like their isn't much to talk about while we are awaiting that Nintendo Direct so I thought this was a reasonable decision. I will still be here every now and then just to see what is going on here, but I will just be lurking in the shadows for a little bit. All I will say is that I hope this Nintendo Direct will grant our wish that all of us have been hoping for for 20+ years. Geno hasn't looked this likely in such a long time so I'm still hoping for him! [Also, this is actually my 777th comment. What a coincidence].

See you all when we get more news!
Huh...

You do you man, but this feels like something that should have been done two or even three weeks ago, not nearly a week before we get information.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
As much as I'm sceptical of a real direct finally happening after a year of "okay it's this month. Okay it's this month. Okay this month for sure", this is getting into the timeframe Nintendo set for a new direct. They said not until September, and September is in a couple of weeks. I'm more willing to believe now than I was before.

MattX20

Smash Hero
As much as I'm sceptical of a real direct finally happening after a year of "okay it's this month. Okay it's this month. Okay this month for sure", this is getting into the timeframe Nintendo set for a new direct. They said not until September, and September is in a couple of weeks. I'm more willing to believe now than I was before.
That was for 3rd parties sending in information regarding their titles, not for directs as a whole for the year

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
It's really not though. I'm being completely honest when I say that my expectations are based on PRECEDENT, not my own personal feelings. For example, correct me if I'm wrong, but despite this year being Mario's 35th anniversary, Nintendo has said absolutely NOTHING about its celebration beyond maybe a tweet or two. That's it. Now then, if I was a company and wanted to make a massive deal out of my mascot's anniversary, don't you think it would have been wiser to start the fanfare in JANUARY and not AUGUST/SEPTEMBER? And if they were simply "saving up" for a Mario extravaganza, then why release the new Paper Mario by itself instead of with all the other Mario content? We factually have no indicators that E3 is going to happen in full force 3 months after it would have. The reason why I'm asking Fatman for any kind of assurance is because I WANT to believe him. I WANT to be blown away by this next Direct, but don't want to end up eating **** and then being told, "oh, NEXT month we're getting the big one." It's exhausting and I'm frankly tired of being jerked around. I mean, statistically Nintendo will have to stop disappointing us EVENTUALLY but to expect a huge Direct blowout without evidence is just pure optimism bias.
Ahem.

Did you forget that Covid started technically in December or earlier in China? You know, that place where everything comes from nowadays?

Remember how it was a thing well before everyone freaked out about it?

You assume that your idea of when something should have been announced or started is what should be done, and forgetting how far back Covid goes.

You are not in the upper echelon in Nintendo's business decision department. Nintendo often doesn't line up with what we think in the first place, but you really aren't the position to suggest what would be better. Paper Mario was probably going to be more tied to the 35th Anniversary, but things changed.

Games wouldn't be ready, games wouldn't be shipped. Dates changed, previously recorded information was invalid. So much had to be scrapped and so much had to be redone or pushed back and new dates had to be determined. You can't just magically fix all of this, plans have to be altered or heavily changed or outright trashed and people have to break their brains to figure out what the next step is.

You also seem to misunderstand how big the lockdowns due to Covid have affected things around the world. People are mostly suffering here in the states no because of the virus itself but because of the reactions to it. Japan has done things like this more regularly and had more jobs that could be done at home, so their economy didn't take as much of a hit as ours did. This has a lot to do with their culture, but I'll leave it there for now.

People either had to stay home or work at home, an environment they were not familiar working it. No traveling to speak with important persons, if it can't be done online it has to wait. Using tools they were not used to and being less efficient really does affect things.

This is why I'm saying pessimism bias. You are letting your negative experience affect your outlook on something in the future when there is little evidence that supports said outlook. 'Things have been bad this time, this time, and the most recent time...so here comes more bad! :p' is not a proper argument.

Also, pessimism is a damn plague right now. No one should have room to constantly look at the worst case scenario and be afraid to make claims that could be wrong but are still hopeful and positive. On top of that, you can't really knock Nintendo or leakers for what information leakers have to give and whether it's right or wrong. Take personal responsibility for how you feel, analyze it, and come out better for it.

Aim for 'Well it wasn't as explosive of a Direct as I was hoping but there was some cool stuff in there' instead of 'Wow this was GARBAGE **** Nintendo and **** all those leakers who dared to say a ****ing word! I'm gonna go smash my Switch and tweet Nintendo about it!'

Last edited:

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
In some other news I has a question. Somebody has an idea for a Geno dash attack? It was something I think today and I don't have any idea. I think it would be he just running and spinning like the Megaman one or maybe the Arrows of Geno Boost could appear visually

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
In some other news I has a question. Somebody has an idea for a Geno dash attack? It was something I think today and I don't have any idea. I think it would be he just running and spinning like the Megaman one or maybe the Arrows of Geno Boost could appear visually
I’m thinking either something like a hit like Mii Gunner or a slide, and an optional timed followup that’s either a star blast or a few shooting stars kind of like Joker’s or Bayonetta’s guns.

I’m looking forward to seeing what they do with Kirby. Fitted hat for sure, cape almost definitely not, and skin turning wooden could go either way.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
View attachment 282909

Well? Do you?

(I'm particularly interested in seeing the responses from the more... outspoken people of the thread.)
I've been over this before, I've had this exact scenario happen twice already. My two most wanted for base game were Simon and K.Rool they both got revealed in the same direct, and the one thing I specifically did not want was another Pokemon, just the most boring, safe, filler pick they could possibly add, and then they did. And then for DLC, my top two were Hero and Banjo, they both got revealed in the same direct, and the one specific thing I did not want was a Three Houses character, the most tone deaf, shilly, "jesus christ it's even worse the second time around" thing they could do. I'm kind of a little frazzled at this point because here I am going into Pass 2 feeling like some of my most wanteds like Geno and Crash are going to happen but I don't really have a solid "I don't want this one specific thing" so it's like "oh god what could be even worse".

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
View attachment 282909

Well? Do you?

(I'm particularly interested in seeing the responses from the more... outspoken people of the thread.)
I have no idea who my least wanted even is. Still, I'd like to think I'm pretty open-minded about Smash characters, and if it means that we'd get Geno in Smash after all these years, I'd take that offer.

In terms of semi-realistic picks (so no obvious troll picks like Dr. Goomba Stack), I think my least-wanted would be either Bubsy the Bobcat, Takumi from Fire Emblem Fates (not because "Fire Emblem bad", but because I disliked the character from what I played of FE Fates - I found him to be rude, paranoid, and unlikable), or Big the Cat from Sonic.

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Look, I don't like being the "hype responsibly" guy because I think it comes across as condescending but still, let's try and be reasonable about this. We're likely getting a direct next week, which is bound to have a bunch of information regardless, but I think people are taking the whole "It's been a year since a direct and they didn't do E3 so this has to be the biggest most crazy direct ever!" and like, no, it probably won't?

Think about it this way. Nintendo has announced 2 whole games since March, Origami King and Pikmin 3 and both were FINISHED, completely ready for pre-load the day they were revealed. Nintendo still seems really weary about delays at the moment, I genuninely think we are going to see them focus just on whatever they have out this year and early 2021, that's it, expecting anything else seems like a really bad bet at this point. That doesn't mean we won't see some new games of course, since we still know absolutely nothing, but don't aim for the moon.

In other good news, apparently Trials of Mana crushed sales expectations so expect more major projects from Nintendo and Square going forward:

Nintendo had nothing to do with it though? I guess they got support from Nintendo getting the source code and other SNES stuff but it's not like it was a Nintendo published game like DQXI or the Bravely Teams stuff.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
Ahem.

Did you forget that Covid started technically in December or earlier in China? You know, that place where everything comes from nowadays?

Remember how it was a thing well before everyone freaked out about it?

You assume that your idea of when something should have been announced or started is what should be done, and forgetting how far back Covid goes.

You are not in the upper echelon in Nintendo's business decision department. Nintendo often doesn't line up with what we think in the first place, but you really aren't the position to suggest what would be better. Paper Mario was probably going to be more tied to the 35th Anniversary, but things changed.

Games wouldn't be ready, games wouldn't be shipped. Dates changed, previously recorded information was invalid. So much had to be scrapped and so much had to be redone or pushed back and new dates had to be determined. You can't just magically fix all of this, plans have to be altered or heavily changed or outright trashed and people have to break their brains to figure out what the next step is.

You also seem to misunderstand how big the lockdowns due to Covid have affected things around the world. People are mostly suffering here in the states no because of the virus itself but because of the reactions to it. Japan has done things like this more regularly and had more jobs that could be done at home, so their economy didn't take as much of a hit as ours did. This has a lot to do with their culture, but I'll leave it there for now.

People either had to stay home or work at home, an environment they were not familiar working it. No traveling to speak with important persons, if it can't be done online it has to wait. Using tools they were not used to and being less efficient really does affect things.

This is why I'm saying pessimism bias. You are letting your negative experience affect your outlook on something in the future when there is little evidence that supports said outlook. 'Things have been bad this time, this time, and the most recent time...so here comes more bad! :p' is not a proper argument.

Also, pessimism is a damn plague right now. No one should have room to constantly look at the worst case scenario and be afraid to make claims that could be wrong but are still hopeful and positive. On top of that, you can't really knock Nintendo or leakers for what information leakers have to give and whether it's right or wrong. Take personal responsibility for how you feel, analyze it, and come out better for it.

Aim for 'Well it wasn't as explosive of a Direct as I was hoping but there was some cool stuff in there' instead of 'Wow this was GARBAGE ** Nintendo and ** all those leakers who dared to say a ****ing word! I'm gonna go smash my Switch and tweet Nintendo about it!'
First of all, I think it's funny that you would go on to lecture me about things I don't understand when the vast majority of your rant has nothing to do with the point I was trying to make. I never said anything about COVID or Nintendo's plight in dealing with it (though it IS interesting to know that their competitors, one of which also being Japanese, don't seem to be as hampered by it as they are). I never tried to assume or assert WHY they haven't produced much content over the past few months, but rather raised the question as to what PROOF you or Fatman would have for an alleged hype-fest on the horizon (which neither of you actually addressed BTW). All we really seem to have are a bunch of rumors and Fatman's word that they carry weight.

Frankly COVID's impact on production is not the same thing as impact on marketing strategy. As I said before, regardless of the pandemic (which didn't really hit Japan until February/March), there hasn't been any rhyme or reason to Nintendo's announcement strategy. There has been no real effort on their part to create ANY real hype over Mario's 35th anniversary thus far this year. You can't even count the recently released Paper Mario game because nothing about its announcement even referenced the anniversary. That said, they've created a PRECEDENT, meaning a sustained pattern of action that suggests that they don't seem to care as much as we've been led to believe. Does that mean they really DON'T care? No. Does that mean they can't surprise us and go crazy in a week? Of course not. They could end up doing EVERYTHING that Fatman's predicted...and that would awesome. But my point is, what PROOF do we have besides hearsay? So far this year, hearsay has failed pretty much every time except for that Partner Show case a few weeks ago that was called long before the formal announcement. You pointed out that I wasn't in the upper echelons of Nintendo's executive decision making, but you aren't either. You have no idea what they'll really do any more than I do. I'm just trying to predict an outcome based on recent patterns instead of deriving unearned optimism from random people on the internet. And, sorry, there is a lot more evidence supporting my outlook than yours. In fact, all of your ranting about the difficulties of COVID only reinforces my point even more that we have little reason to believe that anything has changed in the last few months with regards to content production. Unless all the pandemic issues have magically resolved in Japan/the production areas of China, how would Nintendo suddenly come out swinging?

I get that you don't like pessimism. I'm right there with you on that. I don't want to nurture an irrational downer attitude either, and if you want to be blindly optimistic, be my guest, but all I'm asking for is a shred of reliable evidence so I can give myself to the hype train too. I certainly hope the upcoming Direct is awesome and I think we'll definitely get SOMETHING good. Geno is looking super likely, and we have reason to be excited, but as to how much hinges on the reliability of our forecast.

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Yeah, me too. It's kind of ironic because one of my guys pointed out to me the other day that I kind of unironically was the person that dragged Master Chief into serious discussions last December/January. I have no attachment to the character but, I keep saying, my predictions aren't my wish list, they're who I've seen the evidence point to. Chief got an absurd amount all at once last winter to the point that, as you guys saw, I old yellered entertaining Ryu Hayabusa and a Bethesda character as soon as Byleth was revealed. His only obstacle right now is not being on a Nintendo platform but Zell said he's heard the Master Chief Collection since early 2019 and that's a hell of an insider to have in your corner. Outside of dates, the guy has a near perfect track record and his seemingly impossible statement last year has only aged better with time. It really is a crazy time for Smash and I strongly believe this next presentation is going to be one people fondly remember decades from now.
I hope all of this talk about him ends up being more like his (adopted) brother, Banjo, instead of his FPS pal, Doom Slayer. I’m really not sure which one it feels more like.

I think another thing for Shantae is that out of the indie candidates, she has the least in her way. Shovel Knight's an Assist, Sans is a Mii, the Knight isn't as big, Quote and Freddy aren't at their peak popularity anymore, and Reimu's popularity is mostly in different circles than the Western Smash fanbase. As a result, it's easy to lean towards Shantae.
He’s not a big request in the Smash community, but Hollow Knight was a much bigger game than any of Shantae’s games. Hollow Knight crossed 2.8 million sales in early 2019, which means it’s probably at 3 million now. That’s as much as the entire Shantae series.

It’s okay to want Shantae & be passionate about her. But her fanbase reeeeeally overrates how important she is. Just because she’s an older character, doesn’t mean she’s important. Being important isn’t that big of a deal either. If you guys are loud & passionate enough, she can get in one day without being a huge character.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I hope all of this talk about him ends up being more like his (adopted) brother, Banjo, instead of his FPS pal, Doom Slayer. I’m really not sure which one it feels more like.

He’s not a big request in the Smash community, but Hollow Knight was a much bigger game than any of Shantae’s games. Hollow Knight crossed 2.8 million sales in early 2019, which means it’s probably at 3 million now. That’s as much as the entire Shantae series.

It’s okay to want Shantae & be passionate about her. But her fanbase reeeeeally overrates how important she is. Just because she’s an older character, doesn’t mean she’s important. Being important isn’t that big of a deal either. If you guys are loud & passionate enough, she can get in one day without being a huge character.
It's an interesting situation, because Shantae's had a longer history and is close to Nintendo, but Shovel Knight and the Knight are modern successes. In addition, SK is pretty much an icon of the modern indie boom and is also close to Nintendo, so if it weren't for the AT, I'd imagine he'd be speculated a lot more. Then again, I'm the guy who insists Isaac will be FP2's darkhorse, so unless he comes with a massacre in his Miis I think SK may make a comeback.

But without getting too off-topic, Shantae's main advantage seems to be her history. She was a cult classic back in the GBC days, making her among the oldest indies, and she had the advantage of being close to Nintendo as well. The problem is, she only has five games across her 18-year history, and only started picking up around 2014. She's a major indie, yes, but she isn't as major as some other series. Anyone who's known me here for a while knows that I'm the guy who insists Reimu is going to be the indie rep, on the basis that she's been around since the 90's, has been huge since the early 2000's, and has far more games than any other indie. I'd say Touhou outclasses any available indie by a good margin.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
In other good news, apparently Trials of Mana crushed sales expectations so expect more major projects from Nintendo and Square going forward:

I'd love for this to mean further localisations of other 16 bit JRG's (Live a Live perhaps?) and maybe even further remakes. VI getting a 3D remake (or even a detailed 2D one ala Octopath) would be very interesting to see.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 282909

Well? Do you?

This is great because even the Geno haters will give us Geno.

(I hate so many characters I can't tell you who my least wanted is, actually.) Sora I guess? I only hate him because he's a threat to Geno.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
View attachment 282909

Well? Do you?

"Least wanted" means I still want them, so yes :troll:

(In all seriousness, if I don't want a character, I usually don't care if they get in since there's none I hate, so I'd take a neutral stance anyway and may even like their moveset, and at least the people who care about them are happy; besides, I'd still get a character I love anyway, so saying no feels petty)

Last edited:

axel_

Smash Journeyman
Please don't hate me for asking a question like this on this board, but are there any Square characters that you guys would accept if they made it in over Geno? Now, I really want Geno for all of you guys, and I really loved SMRPG, so I mean no ill will by asking.
Definitely Crono.

Firox

Smash Master
View attachment 282909

Well? Do you?

Mathematically speaking, we've got 5 remaining slots with 1 I'm guaranteed to love and 1 I couldn't care less about. Since this is highly likely to actually happen, of course I'd take the deal. On the upside, I'd still have three more slots to roll something good, so no worries...

GENO FOREVER, BABY!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom