• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Can we take a second to appreciate where we're at in smash Bros. That Master Chief and Sora are considered reasonable requests? It's crazy how far we've come.
I remember when the possibility of Cloud beign in Smash was laughed at and his thread was locked, or when "ONE CHARACTER PER COMPANY" was seen as an ubreakable rule.

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
The Direct could be Thursday. An announcement is possible as soon as Monday.
They do tend to announce generals more than one day out. I think we've had a week to wait before, but just going off my fuzzy memory I think it's around 2 days or so usually? Long story short, if we don't hear something by Wednesday next week, IMO, the direct isn't happening until September.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
Chances are if the general direct/general direct mini happens next week, the last milestone we'll reach is 3200 pages before then
Next week or the week after that.
But if it ain't next week, this thread is about to explode.
Sorry. Got a bit over my head there. Now where were we?
Ah yes, reasonable cool takes.
Super Mario Bros 3 is a weak title in the series.
I disagree.
Jsmb2/ lost levels is a weak title. World is a weak title(my first mario,and possibly the most nostalgic). But smb3?
Nope. Lots of things cut here ended up in world and it's the one mario title that was near pushing the nes to it's limits. It's the one title that solidified the mario aesthetic.
Not a linear platformer in it's world levels. Brings back the tunnels as a flute.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
The success of the Trials of Mana remake has me thinking again about what a Mario RPG re-imagining would look like. While I've consistently believed that the format would ideally be in the form of a HD-2D presentation ala Octopath Traveler, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit intrigued at the notion of a Mario RPG in full three dimensions. Given the great visual direction the 3D Mario titles (especially Odyssey) seeing the likes of Nimbus Land or Star Hill in that form? That might make the entire game worth it right there.

Rural_Juror

Smash Apprentice
The success of the Trials of Mana remake has me thinking again about what a Mario RPG re-imagining would look like. While I've consistently believed that the format would ideally be in the form of a HD-2D presentation ala Octopath Traveler, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit intrigued at the notion of a Mario RPG in full three dimensions. Given the great visual direction the 3D Mario titles (especially Odyssey) seeing the likes of Nimbus Land or Star Hill in that form? That might make the entire game worth it right there.
Honestly one of the reasons I couldn't get into it was because of the isometric style with SNES controls. Really annoying. I'd definitely think about giving it another shot if it was in a 3D space...

...and if they added cameos for characters like Daisy, Wario and Rosalina.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
In some news, Walmart is really happy about how PapaGenos mention their Geno tweet in his past video: https://twitter.com/WalmartCAGaming/status/1296808922179936257?s=20
This very particular brand account, for whatever reason, is the one that kind of weirds me out the most out of a lot of others I've seen on social media. Who at the top of Walmart is okay with how they operate this social media channel? There's nothing wrong with someone posting stuff like this, but an official Brand™ leaning into a specific character like Geno on multiple occasions, and then responding oh so casually to one of our own in regards to said character -- the whole thing strikes me as odd. I'm rather surprised that the people at Walmart are so laid back about someone using their account for this seemingly personal stuff.

Additional edit: Thinking about it, I guess it makes sense because of the fact they are for Walmart Gaming, but, it still seems pretty casual behavior when I'd expect they'd just be tweeting about special deals on their inventory or whatever.

Last edited:

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Alright, so silliest Geno question ever:

If Geno got in but instead of Beware the Forest's Mushrooms, one of his tracks was Rawest Forest, how would you feel? xP
A little cringe. I love that video but... it’s not exactly sung professionally like say the DK rap. I remember when it first came out I saw it a million times though.

I would love just about any Mario rpg music. It would be a dream if we got more than 2... besides forest, Booster’s Castle would be fun, the battle theme would be fun. And

Smithy’s first form music..... omg I would be in heaven. That organ intro? If I hear that in smash- it’s over.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
So I just realize, with the DLC fighters coming out in a close range from the Amiibo waves, if Geno is the next fighter we could very well be playing with him within a month's time.
Yep, the next fighter is expected to release next month to go alongside the next amiibo wave, and the wave after that will tie into FP8, probably a November or December release at the latest

QQS

Smash Lord
Im so happy September is almost here!

SuperMario35
Nintendo131
Amiibo waves
Potential double reveal of E3 (Geno-Crash)
Mega reveals like Breath 2 and more

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
Generally a combination of school starting back up and lack of news I'd assume. Think of it as the calm before the storm.
Yeah, next week I have to go back to work. Not very excited about it! And I'm sure a lot of you guys are going back to school, or at least some shadow of what it used to be. Really hoping the announcements start coming soon though, before I get into the routine of work.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
All this time, the anguish of awaiting mind blowing news from Nintendo, when in fact they've been running around the overworld, completing side quests, leveling up, and acquiring all legendary class gear in order to enter The Direct.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Twitter ‘’leaker’’ claiming info about the upcoming direct. People called them out, he hid their replies.
I've realized at this point that being a "leaker" has nothing to do with actually having sources and is just 100% about acting like an overconfident jackass. No matter how wrong you continuously are, you'll still get the support of people who are half paying attention and idiots who believe everything they read.

Rural_Juror

Smash Apprentice
I've realized at this point that being a "leaker" has nothing to do with actually having sources and is just 100% about acting like an overconfident jackass. No matter how wrong you continuously are, you'll still get the support of people who are half paying attention and idiots who believe everything they read.
Without me getting too public about it, yeah, if you have sensitive gaming information, you typically don't go on Twitter and drop absolutely everything you know. The employment of you/your colleagues is more important than internet points for most decent people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom