• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTF

Smash Journeyman
The site on my phone is working just fine, my laptop however is taking it's sweet time buffering & not loading anything.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Did a quick search of the board, apparently the site went down like this about a week before Terry came out last year. Clearly this is Smash specific site maintenance since all the other Nintendo websites seem fine. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Not working on my phone or laptop...well this is hopefully good news if they are updating things.

vivala

Smash Journeyman
While we're talking about the Smash website being broken, I wanted to point out something that literally means nothing but I thought was kinda interesting. For a while, if you tried to go to the url for a fighter that hadn't been revealed yet (or any number, I tried up to the 100s), it would just redirect you to the home page, but at some point (I think around the time the game came out), it started throwing what was essentially a 404 instead. Like I said, meaningless, but a strange change.

Andwooooo

Smash Journeyman
Loaded just fine for me.

It’s almost midnight. What’s the over/under on a new announcement?

vivala

Smash Journeyman
It's not loading on desktop for me.

Edit: finally loaded after 2+ minutes. My internet isn't the best, but it's definitely not that bad.

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
I hope this means something good for us, Smash news-wise - that we'll get Geno in the next few days. ...And that if we don't get him, we can still have the band-aid finally ripped off already.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
So No More Heroes for Switch has been age-rated in Taiwan. Ain´t stuff like these sign for a direct or am I mistaken?
https://www.gematsu.com/2020/08/no-more-heroes-rated-for-switch-in-taiwan
This is indeed a good sign. I cannot remember off the top of my head what game it was, but it there was an instance similar to this.
Last time this happened, it ended with Crash Bandicoot 4 being revealed. It likely means something like a Direct or Partner Showcase featuring No More Heroes III is coming.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
So No More Heroes for Switch has been age-rated in Taiwan. Ain´t stuff like these sign for a direct or am I mistaken?
https://www.gematsu.com/2020/08/no-more-heroes-rated-for-switch-in-taiwan
VERY good sign. Buuuuuuut this could also point to another partner direct, I have a pretty strong feeling No More Heroes 3 is getting delayed HARD so the port is meant to hold people over.

EDIT: Screw it, using this as a point to rant since it's related. For how much of a meme it is, isn't the Switch GREAT as a port machine? Seriously, as much it gets dumped on for it it's nice that with the way the hardware is, developers have gone ham with it port wise, especially in regards to retro titles and arcade games, I love it for that stuff. Except for one little company named NINTENDO. HOW HAS THE SWITCH BEEN ON THE MARKET FOR 3 AND A HALF YEARS AND I CAN'T EVEN PLAY GAMEBOY GAMES ON IT YET? YOU HAVE AN EMULATOR, HOW MUCH EFFORT WOULD IT POSSIBLY TAKE TO DO? AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ON STUFF LIKE GAMECUBE, MARIO SUNSHINE HASN'T BEEN RERELEASED ONCE SINCE 2002. IT CAN'T BE THAT HARD NINTENDO, IF DOLPHIN IS AS GOOD AS IT IS I KNOW YOU CAN MAKE SOMETHING EASILY OFFICIALLY. ARE THEY SERIOUSLY JUST REFUSING TO RERELEASE THEM BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE ANALOG TRIGGERS ON THEIR NEW CONTROLLERS? IS THAT IT?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Main page is now loading fine for me. So clearly they updated something, but that's over and done with.
Min Min herself still has New by her name, so it's hard to say just what was updated. Must not be something visible then.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Last time this happened, it ended with Crash Bandicoot 4 being revealed. It likely means something like a Direct or Partner Showcase featuring No More Heroes III is coming.
VERY good sign. Buuuuuuut this could also point to another partner direct, I have a pretty strong feeling No More Heroes 3 is getting delayed HARD so the port is meant to hold people over.
I mean.... just because it could be a partner showcase doesn´t mean it always be bad.

QQS

Smash Lord
It's been a long time!

Be a member for a year!

I have been awarded! Today August 3 marks one year exactly since QQS joined the battle in SmashBoards. But remember this is only being active on this Forum cause I was lucky enough to play SMRPG with 6 years old back in the good old days.

It’s happening guys, Geno is joining the party.
Always so sure. Always confident. He is here. If someone denies Geno’s chances after all what we know and after all the demand and after all that’s has been happening (specially No Mii costume yet, songs copyrighted, MinMin upgrade and mostly, Sakurai’s acknowledge), that someone is purely blind.

Wait a little more and see how Geno falls down to Smash!

EDIT: I just realice my anniversary in SmashBoards is the same as The Boss birthday. It’s clear, Geno joins the battle! :3

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I mean.... just because it could be a partner showcase doesn´t mean it always be bad.
If we have another Partner Showcase coming, and Nintendo wants it to not be hated by 90% of the audience, it should have at least two games like Shin Megami Tensei V: big third party games that people have been waiting to see for a while. No More Heroes III, Bayonetta 3, Bravely Default II, the Doom Eternal Switch port, maybe Smash DLC if it's a third-party character... any two or three of those could be included, and as long as the smaller announcements surrounding them aren't "Direct filler" tier, I think people will walk away mostly satisfied.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
The last one wasn't even bad, it was exactly what I expected. What I hate is Nintendo's refusal to just be blunt and tell us what is coming out this year from them. I don't care if stuff got delayed, I get it, but just tell us that instead of shoving third party stuff in our faces when that's really not what we are worried about.

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
The last one wasn't even bad, it was exactly what I expected. What I hate is Nintendo's refusal to just be blunt and tell us what is coming out this year from them. I don't care if stuff got delayed, I get it, but just tell us that instead of shoving third party stuff in our faces when that's really not what we are worried about.
You are obviously too naive to think Nintendo wants to be honest or at least let us know their plans are. Talk about egg on the face...

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Someone pointed out that a similar thing happened with Ryza 2 right before the Partner Direct. So another partner soon as a shadow drop?
They won't shadowdrop it, not when they felt the need to announce the last one at Midnight. But it does point to something SOON. As in this week. Huh.

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
552ACAA7-72ED-41AD-9F42-C6A75DCED567.jpeg

Found this on internet. Please credits to artist.

These are the guys for sure! The most wanted right now. Geno easily deserves the #1 spot, then Isaac, and many more like Skull Kid, Lloyd, Sora, Crash, Krystal, Bandana, Dixie, Rayman.

After Ridley, KKR and B-K made it; there is Geno and there is the rest. This is my view. Geno is a MUST in all terms and I know he will be playable.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
They won't shadowdrop it, not when they felt the need to announce the last one at Midnight. But it does point to something SOON. As in this week. Huh.
Not banking on a shadow drop, but I wouldn't put it completely out of the question. We know there will be multiple of these things, roughly around the same length. I could see them shadow dropping a couple of them

But yeah regardless, it does look like we'll get something pretty soon

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Honest to God just waiting for Geno to be announced so I can reintegrate myself with the rest of the forums I used to be active on. I can brush off all the Geno hate much easier knowing he's actually in the game.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Hopefully something does get announced soon, we're all picking up on little hints here and there that it looks like something may happen this week.

Imagine they announce a mini direct. The direct itself only shows "Super Smash Bros Ultimate X the stock image of Geno." Then Sakurai says "that is all" and it's over.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom