• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Gonna make my version of Geno's challenger pack!

Challenger Pack 7: Super Mario RPG: The Legend of the Seven Stars

Fighter: Geno

Stage: Bowser's Castle

Music:
1. Happy Adventure, Delightful Adventure (Remix)
2. Koopa Castle (Remix)
3. Fight Against Monsters (Remix)
4. Fight Against an Armed Boss (Remix)
5. Beware the Forest's Mushrooms (Remix)
6. Rose Town (Remix)
7. Let's Race
8. The Axem Rangers Drop In
9. Weapons Factory
10. Fight Against Smithy (Remix)

Spirits:
1. Mallow
2. Boshi
3. Gaz
4. Bowyer
5. Axem Rangers
6. Exor
7. Smithy
8. Smithy (Final Form)

Mii Costumes: Mallow Mii Hat, Smithy Mii Costume, Geno Mii Costume, Chocobo Mii Hat, 2B Mii Costume

Tell me your thoughts on this?
I find your lack of Booster's Theme disturbing. Also, as cool as a proper Bowser's Castle level would be, I don't feel it really fits Geno all that well. But aside from that, really good concept.

So I was working on a post to destroy Enigma735 Enigma735 and his silly post but then the Smash website just broke.

You know, broke, as in very similar if not exactly the way it has times before when we got new characters shortly before?

Big Thonk time boys.
Way ahead of you, mate.
GenoBigThunk.png

D

Deleted member

Looks like nothing tomorrow unless it gets shadow-dropped (doubt it though).

However I'm pretty sure we're getting at least 7 revealed this month, and I think we may even get something as soon as this week.

There is still the lengthy maintenance today after all (plus the smash site being down is interesting, maybe its been updated for CP7 coming soon).

axel_

Smash Journeyman
>No More Heroes 3 is getting advertised big-time by Nintendo
>One of the few Nintendo trailers to show up at TGA 2019
>Suda got his own bit during the Switch reveal event announcing NMH's return, alongside heavy hitters like BotW and Mario Odyssey
>Now the original games are coming to the latest system

I know it's been said before by lots of people but this is the same treatment that Bayonetta got leading up to 2.
If this is going where I think it's going, I think Geno and Terry aren't the only most wanted characters I'm going to get in Smash...

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
Hmm, the ps5 and XXSX haven´t revealed their price. what if nintendo is also waiting with something to pull the trigger??

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I'm predicting we're going to get a No More Heroes info blowout in the partner presents for this month like we got for Shin Megami Tensei last month

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Just woke up because my cats are being assholes but, yeah, there was a Taiwan leak earlier this year for the Bioshock collection and Saints Row 72 or whatever for Switch. As for the Mini, I think there's a couple of options:

-it's not happening anymore because of how everyone hated the first one.

-it was postponed because of the invisible **** you hand that seems to be in charge of scheduling at Nintendo this year.

-it's going to be a real shadowdrop because whoever thought midnight announcements was a good idea to begin with needs to be taken out back and shot.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Just woke up because my cats are being assholes but, yeah, there was a Taiwan leak earlier this year for the Bioshock collection and Saints Row 72 or whatever for Switch. As for the Mini, I think there's a couple of options:

-it's not happening anymore because of how everyone hated the first one.

-it was postponed because of the invisible **** you hand that seems to be in charge of scheduling at Nintendo this year.

-it's going to be a real shadowdrop because whoever thought midnight announcements was a good idea to begin with needs to be taken out back and shot.
Who said it had to happen today? Given how well patterns like "Nintendo doesn't do directs in the latter half of the month!" and "they never do presentations on Mondays!" have CLEARLY held up this year, it's obvious they are just dropping stuff whenever at this point. Besides, the stuff that got leaked through ratings earlier this year like Catherine, Bioshock, and Xcom were all rated MONTHS before their reveals.

Last edited:

Plank08

Smash Lord
At this point im kind of done trusting leakers, we get there when we get there, which is a shame but leakers seem to be in the dark about certain things too.

J. Bond

Smash Journeyman
Revisiting King Zell's hint now that we are sure of there being no Direct today:

I have arranged a complete, exact list of all the non-joke guesses made (before the "some got it right" comment), including the number of people that guessed them. (in chronological order, using the same wording as the original comments)

>1) Another Short partner Direct is happening (4-5) soon (explicitly 2-3)
>2) it refers to a second Twitter drop announcement ala PM:TOK (2)
>3) Two directs in August(4). Partners first half, general second half (explicitly 1)
>4) mini direct in august same date as july. (1)
>5) Monday partners (2(-3?))
>6) 2 breaks in August before the main event (2)
>7) Partner Mini Direct on Monday and General on Thursday (1)

(7 guesses, anyone? :120:)

5) and 7) are now deconfirmed.
2) is in my opinion unlikely because he stated not to know anything in regards to Twitter announcements.
As a reminder he also said there will be another "stop before the main event" and that there will not be a Partner Showcase in the second half of August and no General Direct in the first half of September.

Either way we should be getting something soon, I think.

DeltaCrow

Smash Cadet
Knowing Nintendo it has to be the most annoying possible outcome.

So my money is on (1) another short partner direct coming soon followed by the "main event" (a mini direct) shadow-dropped in the second half of September/October.

Jokes aside, things are starting to look hopeful for August at least.

millsfan

Smash Apprentice
Since New amiibo release in October, I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t get a direct for another month. I’m not getting my hopes up

MattX20

Smash Hero
Since New amiibo release in October, I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t get a direct for another month. I’m not getting my hopes up
That's only for North America, the next two amiibos release everywhere else in September

Last edited:

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
As people here know, I've locked in Chief as a second Microsoft rep, with signs pointing very heavily to him being pack 8 at the moment. On the upside, I think the remaining third party packs will probably be more open ended, like they were for Terry. For example, with Chief, signs point to him and obviously a Halo stage but there's suggestions that the Microsoft content coming with him will be pretty diverse. Johanna Dark is someone I've heard since December as a highly probable Mii costume. Other people have heard Ori, Hollow Knight, and Steve? as potential Microsoft related Mii costumes. This said, I think the remaining third party packs will have decent consolation prizes and I wouldn't be surprised if they took things a step further by including things like more RARE music and things like Minecraft music.
What are the things that are heavily pointing him to be pack 8 and to be included over steve too?

Last edited:

*Verrix*

Smash Apprentice
At this point I expect nothing from Nintendo. We might get something this month but I can't do this thing where I wait on baited breath every day hoping for news. It's exhausting. Nintendo needs to up their ****, they're demoralizing their fan base at this point.

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, from what I noticed from the FE community (speaking as someone that is a hardcore fan), the majority seems to be pretty much agreed upon that if the fandom where able to switch them out, it would be Black Knight and Lyn (two characters that of what I´ve seen, the Smash fanbase would even be okay with based on what I´ve seen in the mod community)... Hell, I main Byleth, and I laughed out loud when I saw that he got in because I called it, but I much rather have had a fan favorite than marketing material
I know this is three pages back and off the topic of Geno, but I couldn't agree more. I don't think the problem is too many FE characters because the series is pretty big now. The problem is that half of those characters feel like a Marth expy. I think Roy and Chrom should go, and also Lucina stops being an echo (did anyone else notice she became less unique b/w Sm4sh and Ult?). Corrin is up in the air whether they stay or not, but the default should be the female version as it should also be for Byleth. Swole Ike becomes the default. Robin is unchanged. Lyn and Black Knight get added with movesets similar to popular Smash mods (BK having a helmetless alt). Last rep is toss up bw Anna as a speedy thief character, Fjorm as an ice magic casting spear wielder, or Celica as a Robin semi clone.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Another possibility is that there's nothing today and this supposed Mini is another day. I feel like that there's too much smoke at this point and "something" is happening this week. If Zell's Intel is right, I feel like his "lightning strikes twice" comment is about two presentations in the same week at the very least; why? Because two presentations in the same month is not rare at all. Thanks to Minis, individual game Directs, and Indie Directs, it's pretty common. Multiple Directs in the same week is much more rare and, when this happens, there's typically a day gap between the two. For example, a presentation on Monday and a presentation on Wednesday. Even rarer is two presentations in the same DAY but it has happened. The most recent example is the fall Direct last year where we got a General Direct followed by a "Sakurai Presents (your new stepdad) Banjo." This all said, don't fret; this week is far from over and let's just see how things unfold.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Another possibility is that there's nothing today and this supposed Mini is another day. I feel like that there's too much smoke at this point and "something" is happening this week. If Zell's Intel is right, I feel like his "lightning strikes twice" comment is about two presentations in the same week at the very least; why? Because two presentations in the same month is not rare at all. Thanks to Minis, individual game Directs, and Indie Directs, it's pretty common. Multiple Directs in the same week is much more rare and, when this happens, there's typically a day gap between the two. For example, a presentation on Monday and a presentation on Wednesday. Even rarer is two presentations in the same DAY but it has happened. The most recent example is the fall Direct last year where we got a General Direct followed by a "Sakurai Presents (your new stepdad) Banjo." This all said, don't fret; this week is far from over and let's just see how things unfold.
Not to mention August has only just started in general so it's way too early to call it quits on anything

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
At this point I expect nothing from Nintendo. We might get something this month but I can't do this thing where I wait on baited breath every day hoping for news. It's exhausting. Nintendo needs to up their ****, they're demoralizing their fan base at this point.
Like Fatmanonice Fatmanonice said, it's hard to think all those E3 plans they had cooking Dec/Jan went up in smoke. But I agree: at this point, Nintendo could really just sit back and take their time to reveal stuff. They're still making money doing nothing. Why would they ever need to appease the fans when casuals just discovered the Switch and its library of games at the start of quarantine? Maybe Smash DLC for 1 more fighter and a few ports to tide us over, but I don't even think the Pokemon DLC will get released this year. Japan doesn't do crunch and they definitely can't handle working from home. For once, I kind of wish NOA was Nintendo HQ. It clearly worked in Sony's favor they moved their HQ to the US from Japan.

D

Deleted member

There was a problem fetching the tweet
I follow this guy because he has useful insight on technical data for Smash - the kind of stuff that often goes unmentioned like unlisted patch changes, differences in Omega/BF stages, etc. To save you the time of hitting "translate" on these moon characters, he mentions here that it's strange that Min Min has a T-pose glitch that has gone unaddressed for a month when Terry had his glitches addressed in a week. I suppose one could argue that the Smash team doesn't have the time/luxury to work on anything but the next characters while working from home, but I think it's a valid thing to point out. It really ties into a theory that I had that we would see CP7 very soon after Min Min, because it feels like she shipped with a remarkable amount of bugs for a Smash character, especially one that had development delays to begin with, and it just makes it more surprising to think that the bugs she has are seemingly simple failures to update her state in specific circumstances. If the Smash team's plan had been to address these simple issues as soon as they shipped CP7, that would explain it, and as I've mentioned before, I think that Sakurai and his team ship these characters at a very reasonable pace, and Nintendo holds off on them until they decide the time is right to release them, an inference I've drawn from the way Sakurai talked in Banjo's

If it helps the morale of this thread any, even with the insiders apparently incorrect about this August 3 direct, I still have a lot of faith we'll see a reveal and release of CP7 this month. It's a valid take that, especially in the US, new adoption of the Switch due to the pandemic has likely lead to an increase in sales of already released games, but I think the business minds up at Nintendo, as well as their investors, know this will only last but for so long. We'll have our boy extremely soon.

J. Bond

Smash Journeyman

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
>No More Heroes 3 is getting advertised big-time by Nintendo
>One of the few Nintendo trailers to show up at TGA 2019
>Suda got his own bit during the Switch reveal event announcing NMH's return, alongside heavy hitters like BotW and Mario Odyssey
>Now the original games are coming to the latest system

I know it's been said before by lots of people but this is the same treatment that Bayonetta got leading up to 2.
If this is going where I think it's going, I think Geno and Terry aren't the only most wanted characters I'm going to get in Smash...
I find all these stuff with Travis VERY similar to Shantae. I've yet to play NMH yet but now with it coming to the Switch I can finally get down to doing that.

J. Bond

Smash Journeyman
I follow this guy because he has useful insight on technical data for Smash - the kind of stuff that often goes unmentioned like unlisted patch changes, differences in Omega/BF stages, etc. To save you the time of hitting "translate" on these moon characters, he mentions here that it's strange that Min Min has a T-pose glitch that has gone unaddressed for a month when Terry had his glitches addressed in a week. I suppose one could argue that the Smash team doesn't have the time/luxury to work on anything but the next characters while working from home, but I think it's a valid thing to point out. It really ties into a theory that I had that we would see CP7 very soon after Min Min, because it feels like she shipped with a remarkable amount of bugs for a Smash character, especially one that had development delays to begin with, and it just makes it more surprising to think that the bugs she has are seemingly simple failures to update her state in specific circumstances. If the Smash team's plan had been to address these simple issues as soon as they shipped CP7, that would explain it, and as I've mentioned before, I think that Sakurai and his team ship these characters at a very reasonable pace, and Nintendo holds off on them until they decide the time is right to release them, an inference I've drawn from the way Sakurai talked in Banjo's

If it helps the morale of this thread any, even with the insiders apparently incorrect about this August 3 direct, I still have a lot of faith we'll see a reveal and release of CP7 this month. It's a valid take that, especially in the US, new adoption of the Switch due to the pandemic has likely lead to an increase in sales of already released games, but I think the business minds up at Nintendo, as well as their investors, know this will only last but for so long. We'll have our boy extremely soon.
Interesting but it really doesn't have to mean anything about the next fighter's reveal/release date IMO. Work from home and all.

MattX20

Smash Hero

Interesting

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If the Mini was tomorrow and a General was on Thursday that would make more sense especially when you look at presentation history. For example, off the top of my head, the Nindies presentation last December was on a Tuesday and the VGAs was on a Thursday. What we're currently looking at is that tomorrow is the real kill switch for a double presentation week and, even if the Mini doesn't pan out (the last one wasn't that long ago anyways), there's nothing stopping something from happening on Wednesday or Thursday. Brass tacks: if nothing is announced by Wednesday afternoon, we're pretty much ****ed until late August at the earliest given Nintendo's presentation history.

Add in:

According to GameXplain, No More Heroes was rated for the Switch last night too so I may be onto something about the Mini being later this week or even this month.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Realized I forgot to say this too but happy birthday to Masahiro Sakurai!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I would like to say happy birthday to Sakurai, too, even if it’s late. I bet his wish was for fans to never ask him for anything ever again.

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Sooo...with a Sony State of Play presentation being announced for this week, that probably deconfirms a Direct/Smash presentation this week right?
https://mobile.twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1290271360862662656
I doubt it, especially with Sony outright saying it has nothing to do with the PS5. It also sounds like it's mostly going to be an update on previously announced games so, if anything, Nintendo probably would want to do a presentation on the same day for the sake of an "easy win."

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Something I'd like to point out is that, last week there was a livestream of some of the fighting video game devs of Japan (including Harada himself) in which they announced new seasons/characters coming for:
  • Soul Calibur VI (new character + more)
  • Tekken 7 (Season IV, enhanced online gameplay, new character tease)
  • Guilty Gear Strive (two new character reveals)
And just an hour ago, the official Street Fighter twitter announced that on August 5th at 10AM, they'll be showing what's coming up on Season V (new characters + more?)

I bring this up because as it has already been acknowledge, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is considered by many to be a fighting game as well. With other current fighting games getting update announcements, besides the fact that Nintendo's been radio silent on their IPs, they can't fall behind on this front as well.

Nintendo's stock price went up a bit today, perhaps influenced by investor expectations of the rumored announcements for August 8th, or the first week of August to pan out. If no Direct or relevant news get announced by Wednesday, the stock price might start dipping again.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I am personally starting to think there is no second Partners Showcase Mini Direct anytime soon. Maybe there will be a General Direct instead?

MattX20

Smash Hero
Something I'd like to point out is that, last week there was a livestream of some of the fighting video game devs of Japan (including Harada himself) in which they announced new seasons/characters coming for:
  • Soul Calibur VI (new character + more)
  • Tekken 7 (Season IV, enhanced online gameplay, new character tease)
  • Guilty Gear Strive (two new character reveals)
And just an hour ago, the official Street Fighter twitter announced that on August 5th at 10AM, they'll be showing what's coming up on Season V (new characters + more?)

I bring this up because as it has already been acknowledge, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is considered by many to be a fighting game as well. With other current fighting games getting update announcements, besides the fact that Nintendo's been radio silent on their IPs, they can't fall behind on this front as well.

Nintendo's stock price went up a bit today, perhaps influenced by investor expectations of the rumored announcements for August 8th, or the first week of August to pan out. If no Direct or relevant news get announced by Wednesday, the stock price might start dipping again.
That, and Smash Ultimate is the best selling fighting game of all time as of right now, so they need to get the next DLC reveal out as soon as possible

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Sooo...with a Sony State of Play presentation being announced for this week, that probably deconfirms a Direct/Smash presentation this week right?
https://mobile.twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1290271360862662656
At a certain point we need to stop making excuses for why Nintendo won't have a direct. Sony and Microsoft have been pumping out quality video content every other week so at this point it doesn't make sense for Nintendo to be "waiting for them to be done" because it's just looking worse and worse for them.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I am personally starting to think there is no second Partners Showcase Mini Direct anytime soon. Maybe there will be a General Direct instead?
Either or, honestly. I could see the double presentation week panning out but it really doesn't have to. There was already a ton of smoke on Thursday as this post shows:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-3117#post-24037563

As Matt reminded us, the big ass online updates are today too so we had seven coincidences before the weekend even began. From there, even more got added to the pile:

-King Zell's hints.

-Shinobi making a rare appearance for a cryptic tease.

-No More Heroes 1 and 3 ratings leaked over the weekend.

-Apparently the Smash site went down for a notable amount of time last night.

-10 brand new Amiibo slots appearing on the official Amiibo site as of last night:

https://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/line-up/

-Not sure if it's really a sign but a lot of people have pointed out that the official NoA Twitter has been ****posting pretty hard since Wednesday.

So... Yeah... Lots of smoke so expecting something to happen this week is not at all odd.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Either or, honestly. I could see the double presentation week panning out but it really doesn't have to. There was already a ton of smoke on Thursday as this post shows:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-3117#post-24037563

As Matt reminded us, the big ass online updates are today too so we had seven coincidences before the weekend even began. From there, even more got added to the pile:

-King Zell's hints.

-Shinobi making a rare appearance for a cryptic tease.

-No More Heroes 1 and 3 ratings leaked over the weekend.

-Apparently the Smash site went down for a notable amount of time last night.

-10 brand new Amiibo slots appearing on the official Amiibo site as of last night:

https://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/line-up/

-Not sure if it's really a sign but a lot of people have pointed out that the official NoA Twitter has been ****posting pretty hard since Wednesday.

So... Yeah... Lots of smoke so expecting something to happen this week is not at all odd.
All this smoke but where the hell is the fire?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom