• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

K. Rool, Banjo, and Ridley, characters that were deemed irrelevant/too big/legal issues somehow got in. They should learn from that and accept that Geno could definitely get in. People say that Square would never let Geno playable because he is not profitable. It’s possible, however, given that Geno was in an official list of potential characters alongside DQ, Sora, and Sephiroth, they saw him reasonable enough to put him on there. In fact, why let an obscure Mario character of all things as a Mii costume instead of someone more well known and represent the Square brand better? Geno may obviously not be on Square’s priority list, but I don’t think they would be against him. All Nintendo would have to do is to express desire to use him and pay a lot of money and Square would probably be okay with that.

Last edited by a moderator:

QQS

Smash Lord
I hope one day we know the Ballot Wii U results official + how well did Geno costume in Wii U sell. Of course we know some candidates but I mean it would be nice to see the top 50 on that list.

Also, I’m sure Geno Challenger Pack will sell very perfectly. It’s perfect business for Nintendo and Square. Just like how I imagine Banjo-Kazooie Pack did sell. I think it’s a lot of money.

Just for fun I always say to my friends I would pay easily 300USD just for a Challenger Pack of Geno hahaha, no kidding by the way.

Back on topic, hope to see a date soon so we can wait patiently and see Geno joining the Party :) it will be such a beautiful day.

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
Name one character as polarizing that's still out there besides Geno. Asise from maybe Steve, who cam they honestly be universally against next?
It doesn't really matter who - people will find someone else to hate, just because that's the way this works.

QQS

Smash Lord
Ugh. The newcomer spec thread is STILL saying Geno has no chance...STILL! After K. Rool AND Banjo!

Why can't people just wish us luck?!
I made a happy post there recently. Geno focused but also the characters which I think have the best shots to made it in. It’s funny cause I never post or see in the Newcomer Thread, 95% of the time just in Geno Topic (sometimes my other wanted which is Skull Kid).

But I found weird people are saying that Geno has no chances. Omg are they blind? Geno is a 100% for me. So I just made a Happy Geno Post there to see if someone’s feels angry about my enthusiasm. Though I don’t care what the haters think, by the way. Just spreading Geno love everywhere. And always with respect.

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
Name one character as polarizing that's still out there besides Geno. Aside from maybe Steve, who can they honestly be universally against next?
Waluigi.
As much as it pains me to say it, but Waluigi is as polarizing as he is popular.

But I think the hate bandwagon against Geno is bigger now because it infuriates them that he has a chance (and a good one at that) of becoming playable.
The belief that "AT promotion is impossible" is why Waluigi is thought of as a joke that no one takes seriously compared to someone like Geno, especially now after Min Min was promoted.

I personally believe that if Nintendo wanted Geno or Waluigi, then no Spirit or AT will stop them from adding one or both as playable characters.

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
As long as people are clamoring for newcomers to smash there will be someone the internet will screech about and someone else will have been rooting for the whole time

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
At least after Geno, they will FINALLY have no char to unite against.
Let me see, there is:

Isaac
Waluigi
Sora
Shantae
Bandana Dee
Dixie Kong
Rex & Pyra
Shovel Knight
Skull Kid
Ashley

There is a lot of characters that are next in line for them go harass and **** on after Geno get's in. It's a cycle that never ends.

I hope one day we know the Ballot Wii U results official + how well did Geno costume in Wii U sell. Of course we know some candidates but I mean it would be nice to see the top 50 on that list.

Also, I’m sure Geno Challenger Pack will sell very perfectly. It’s perfect business for Nintendo and Square. Just like how I imagine Banjo-Kazooie Pack did sell. I think it’s a lot of money.

Just for fun I always say to my friends I would pay easily 300USD just for a Challenger Pack of Geno hahaha, no kidding by the way.

Back on topic, hope to see a date soon so we can wait patiently and see Geno joining the Party :) it will be such a beautiful day.
It would be a bad idea for Nintendo to reveal the Smash Ballot results as it would piss more people off than make more people happy as "Said character did better than my most wanted so that isn't fair!". It would be a **** all across the Smash community if they revealed the Ballot results and harassment would be spreading towards all character fanbases.

Last edited:

Shadow Star DX

Smash Cadet
I'd be interested in seeing any ideas you come up with. I'm not sure about species, myself - foxes or bears, maybe? That'd set them apart even further from Mario and Luigi, and could play into a toybox sort of theme, with "Geno" taking the role of a doll, they could represent stuffed animals. Though it'd just be a theme, they'd still be fleshy.

I'm thinking about how to 'un-Geno' Geno, while still having him be the same sort of character. A different color scheme would be a good start. Maybe actual hair instead of a hat with ribbons.
Well okay, I won't hold back on my ideas then. I could see a fox and bear working for their designs. A fox would probably be fitting for the sister, since she'd have a sneaky/sinister aura about her. We'd have to make sure she isn't too similar to Tails though, and have her focus more on chemistry/alchemy rather than gadgets. Hmmm, so much to think about...

I like the toy box theme, since there are quite a few different types of toys that can be referenced, but I worry about the theme making Not-Geno seem less unique. Geno always stood out to me in contrast to the other Mario characters and stuck with me; I would want to make sure Not-Geno has that same impact. I dunno, just my 2 cents on the matter. Still gonna keep the toy box theme in mind tho.

As for how to "un-Geno" Geno, I definitely agree with giving him hair, but maybe also a different kind of hat. Probably a slightly longer cape and more clothing in general, but still showing enough that you can tell he's a doll/puppet (Then again, maybe Geno being as naked as he is, was for the purpose of making it easier to transform his body for attacks, in which case less clothes makes more sense). As for the color scheme, we should still work some blue into his design, but a slightly different shade of blue; maybe with some silver or white in his clothing, to empathize how he's a divine being. Alternatively maybe teal as the base color, instead of blue. In the occasions we see his spirit-form, I imagine him having a glowing teal body that vaguely resembles a humanoid form.

Also as I was writing this, I thought of a new gimmick for Not-Geno when considering his spirit-form. What if his spirit-form gains the option to inhabit different doll/puppet bodies throughout the game? Each one having it's own strengths and weaknesses to suit different battle scenarios, that you can switch between at will at certain points. Basically like class-changing but he's the only character that can do it because of what he is. Or maybe his doll body is just super customizable, and you can equip him with accessories that alters how he fights, rather than just increasing his stats; giving the player the option to mix and match parts for all sorts of crazy effects (like the badges from Paper Mario). I tell ya people, there's so much you can do with a possessed doll. Nintendo is insane for not doing more with this.

I haven't even touched upon the gameplay and how we could evolve and build upon the timed attack mechanics. But if I don't stop rambling on, I'll never get to bed. That'll be all for now folks; I'll ramble more later if y'all are still interested.

HanSoloIndie

Smash Cadet
Someone said King Z. stated we have "One more stop before the main event" on resetera

I need a drink.
Just out of curiosity who is this guy, is he/she/they usually credible, and do you have a source for this? Because if it's legit, it adds further to the pile of hints that we will getting something worthwhile soon.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
with Nintendo taking forever to post news on upcoming games now might be time for me to say.....

Nintendo where’s the Layton trilogy. It’s been like 2 years since it was stated on the website it was coming to the switch. NINTENDO

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
New Super Mario RPG question:

Is playing it on the SNES classic as authentic of an experience as the original game was for you?

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
K. Rool, Banjo, and Ridley, characters that were deemed irrelevant/too big/legal issues somehow got in. They should learn from that and accept that Geno could definitely get in. People say that Square would never let Geno playable because he is not profitable. It’s possible, however, given that Geno was in an official list of potential characters alongside DQ, Sora, and Sephiroth, they saw him reasonable enough to put him on there. In fact, why let an obscure Mario character of all things as a Mii costume instead of someone more well known and represent the Square brand better? Geno may obviously not be on Square’s priority list, but I don’t think they would be against him. All Nintendo would have to do is to express desire to use him and pay a lot of money and Square would probably be okay with that.
Besides, people forget that Square is going to make bank no matter who they include. If Square allowed Nintendo to have Geno cameo in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga and to have a Mii Outfit in Sm4sh, then why would they say no to having playable Geno?

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Let me see, there is:

Isaac
Waluigi
Sora
Shantae
Bandana Dee
Dixie Kong
Rex & Pyra
Shovel Knight
Skull Kid
Ashley

There is a lot of characters that are next in line for them go harass and **** on after Geno get's in. It's a cycle that never ends.
>Geno detractors when Geno finally gets in and they see another character they can call "irrelevant"

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Welp, you can strike through the idea of there being a direct this coming week *sigh*

9E8F23CF-5093-4C60-9F9B-7C516B32EA83.jpeg

(Mother 3 thing is a joke)

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
So with the latest info, Nintendo's thinking of calling it close with a potential news dump on August 3rd (or first week of August)? They're gonna cut it real close to that meeting. Again, we'll just have to wait and see.

Dunno if it's been mentioned before but, thinking once again on Geno's potential reveal trailer, it'd be interesting if it were a continuation to Rosalina's reveal from Smash 4.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
I mean, "L is real" is cool and all, but when will G be real? My inner TerminalMontage wants to believe there's a hidden prophecy within the Smash games up till now, that predicts Geno's return in Ultimate, and Sakurai has been masterminding it all along.

Going back to this topic again, all this talk of a fanmade RPG is really getting my mind running with ideas. Like I mentioned before, I really like the idea of following SMRPG's premise with there being a "Mortal World" the heroes live in and a "Celestial Realm" that acts an unseen, higher authority with a supernatural/omnipotent influence to protect and/or assist the "Mortal World" in various ways (Gonna use "Mortal Realm" and "Celestial Realm" as placeholders until they get a proper name).

I think the first thing we would need establish to move this idea forward, is an overall theme for the "Mortal World" in question; something to give it an identity. Toby Fox built Deltarune solely on the premise of making a world themed around playing cards and board games, so it can be something as simple as that. Unfortunately I'm drawing a blank on what we could do in that regard, but maybe someone else has some ideas?

The only thing I can think of at the moment, is an idea for the main character. I figure we could pay homage to Mario being a plumber, by making the main character a mechanic of sorts, so he can use hammers, wrenches and screwdrivers as his default weapons. His tools could even function as puzzle-solving mechanics in the overworld.

Anyway, my apologies for rambling on. If anyone is getting bothered by me pushing this topic, I'll stop, since I know it's not entirely Geno related. If there's a better place for this to be discussed, please direct me and anyone who is interested to said place. Otherwise, please feel free in pitching ideas to this topic. We might actually come up with a good concept here.
Maybe we can create a big private message for everyone interested in this subject. I will try to put my mind to some different "mortal world" theme ideas. I'm already swarming with ideas for a Pokemon region my friend and I are creating but I'm sure I can multitask! Also I like the idea of a mechanic. Reminds me of Isaac Clarke who I think takes the idea of mechanic to a whole new level with all his gadgets maybe we can come up with some creative technology as well. Maybe the mechanic can work in a factory that creates these little robot toys that end up being what Gepetto possesses. Idk I'm just spitballing I know you guys already got some concepts down and I don't want to mess with that much if y'all like what you have.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Welp, you can strike through the idea of there being a direct this coming week *sigh*

View attachment 280213
(Mother 3 thing is a joke)
The Bad News: yet another week of waiting for a news dump.

The Good News: instead of splitting the final bits of information in half, it sounds like it's going to be a bigass presentation and an honest to God Direct on exactly the 11th month absence of one.

People are implying something tomorrow and I'm kind of wondering what it is at this point...

vivala

Smash Journeyman
At least we know for sure that something good is coming and we have a vague sense of when. This is so much better than people talking about how there had to be a direct, but giving absolutely no indication of if/when we could expect the big one. Not blaming anyone of course - people can only share what they know when they know it and when it's safe, but I'm glad to see we've reached a better place.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
First Covid-19 robbed us of a potential 6/9/2020 Geno reveal and now it's robbed us of character 77 in July. Will the atrocities never cease? Also I'm okay with the presentation being next Monday if true because this means I have enough time to ask off work.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
The Bad News: yet another week of waiting for a news dump.

The Good News: instead of splitting the final bits of information in half, it sounds like it's going to be a bigass presentation and an honest to God Direct on exactly the 11th month absence of one.

People are implying something tomorrow and I'm kind of wondering what it is at this point...
Wait, so we're not getting a Direct of some sort until August 3rd, yet we're still getting something tomorrow?

vivala

Smash Journeyman
Also, note how he said "nothing for the rest of the month." To me, that says we're not even getting a partner direct on monday. The most we can hope for is a twitter shadowdrop that isn't a direct. However, assuming we're indeed getting the big one in August, there's probably no reason for them to announce anything noteworthy (then again, why announce something as big as SMTV and Nocturne in the partner direct if this was coming the whole time?).

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Also, note how he said "nothing for the rest of the month." To me, that says we're not even getting a partner direct on monday. The most we can hope for is a twitter shadowdrop that isn't a direct. However, assuming we're indeed getting the big one in August, there's probably no reason for them to announce anything noteworthy (then again, why announce something as big as SMTV and Nocturne in the partner direct if this was coming the whole time?).
Assuming we don't get it shadowdropped, this means we're looking at:
- Nothing this week (last week of August)
- (Garbage) Partner Direct next week: 3rd-7th
- The stuff we actually gaf about: 11th-13th
- The above dates are assuming *BEST* CASE SCENARIO. They could drag their heels til the absolute end of August if they wanted to.

So... yay for more waiting...

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Wait, so we're not getting a Direct of some sort until August 3rd, yet we're still getting something tomorrow?
People are teasing "something" tomorrow, even if it winds up being a single game announcement. Also, I'll say it again, King Zell reporting this is very, very good news because, like I talked about in the past, his strongest connections are with Microsoft and if he's confident in a Direct in August, ****'s about to go down in the best of ways.

MattX20

Smash Hero
People are teasing "something" tomorrow, even if it winds up being a single game announcement. Also, I'll say it again, King Zell reporting this is very, very good news because, like I talked about in the past, his strongest connections are with Microsoft and if he's confident in a Direct in August, ****'s about to go down in the best of ways.
Nintendo getting one final Direct in before the investor's meeting makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom