• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
If Master Chief is coming to smash, it certainly makes more sense in the middle than at the end since Smash in known for ending on the low note ... for whater reason. A Pokemon Rep would fit perfectly for that, since it is inevitable. Or another FE fighter. Oh wait ... what if they merge the two into some abomination ... like Ursafu with blue hair (water type to fit) and Sword. Oh god. Emblem-mon.

Griselda

Smash Lord
The video is still the same, but I am curious if they edited the ones in stores? That would be hilarious.
Yeah, it was the one they have playing on loop in the store that I was wondering about. But then again, maybe I just legitimately missed it or something. It really feels like either they leaked Geno and they're trying to cover it up, or they made a genuine(and weird and dumb) error and they have no idea how to not make themselves look super suspicious.

Either way, join us next time for "Griselda gets her ears examined, starring Dr. Geno".

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
If Master Chief is coming to smash, it certainly makes more sense in the middle than at the end since Smash in known for ending on the low note ... for whater reason. A Pokemon Rep would fit perfectly for that, since it is inevitable. Or another FE fighter. Oh wait ... what if they merge the two into some abomination ... like Ursafu with blue hair (water type to fit) and Sword. Oh god. Emblem-mon.
That sounds like a Digimon with a really crappy name. Can't wait for Emblem-mon, our second Bandai Namco rep!

MattX20

Smash Hero
Currently, these are my guesses to the identity of the remaining Fighter Pass characters yet to be revealed:
FP7-Geno
FP8-Crash
FP9-Master Chief
FP10-Lloyd Irving
FP11-one more first party Nintendo rep

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well, on the topic of RARE Replay, there are the rumors of "something" Banjo coming soon and there was that weird "leak" last year where some 20 something year old was bragging about being involved with the music of a Banjo project (I think on Instagram) that led to a huge "OH ****" moment when they realized what they did. Surely someone remembers what I'm talking about? I remember it was a big deal on Forest Maze and people were personally messaging them to say "dude, you're going to get your ass fired if that's true; you HAVE to take that down!"

Griselda

Smash Lord
...This has probably been brought up before, but is Mack the knife, or the red guy riding the knife? Or both? I'm gonna go with both. The knife would fit with the weapon theme, and it has the 'normal' eyes between the two, but the red guy's head leans in when he attacks, and said red guy is also never seen getting off of the knife.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Woah, these are really good! Not sure why they're not properly scaled, though. You'd think if you were showcasing your sick pixel art you'd want to keep it at a proper scale like 2x2, 4x4, etc.
GenoSHRender.png
MallowSHRender.png

See? Looks so much cleaner.

The interesting thing about King Zell is that, historically, his strongest connections are actually with Microsoft and, ironically, he usually only knows about Nintendo news if Microsoft is somehow involved... This is why I see this, fold my hands in my lap, look directly into the camera and say "folks, at least one of three long standing Nintendo/Microsoft rumors is probably going to come to pass this coming week."
OH ****! STEVE MINECRAFT MII COSTUME CONFIRMED?!

...This has probably been brought up before, but is Mack the knife, or the red guy riding the knife? Or both? I'm gonna go with both. The knife would fit with the weapon theme, and it has the 'normal' eyes between the two, but the red guy's head leans in when he attacks, and said red guy is also never seen getting off of the knife.
Given how every other Smithy Ganger is a living weapon, Mack being the knife rather than the weird little red guy riding on him would make much more sense.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Well, on the topic of RARE Replay, there are the rumors of "something" Banjo coming soon and there was that weird "leak" last year where some 20 something year old was bragging about being involved with the music of a Banjo project (I think on Instagram) that led to a huge "OH ****" moment when they realized what they did. Surely someone remembers what I'm talking about? I remember it was a big deal on Forest Maze and people were personally messaging them to say "dude, you're going to get your ass fired if that's true; you HAVE to take that down!"
I remember that! It was really big when it came up, but I guess it got swept under the rug after some time.

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
I'm reading about Nintendo and Microsoft potential announcements inbound in the rumored July 20th Nintendo Direct?

Ah yes, it is all coming together now; full circle. Ya'll remember this?

pinshadow

Smash Lord
See, but they wouldn't need new music for something like Rare Replay/Banjo ports. And if they are doing something like a Kazooie/Tooie remaster I don't see Microsoft throwing that on Switch. (I also can't see anyone but Grant doing the music but who knows) And Banjo Threeie? Get outta here with that.

Last edited:

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Literally the only feasible* character that I want more than Geno at this point is Chief, so if both of them actually happen in this one pass then I’ll never need another character again.

*I use the term “feasible” because “Sora with proper Disney representation that lets him use Donald and Goofy’s assists in his moveset” will literally never happen, and without that he moves down a significant amount of slots in my personal character list.

They referred to it as a “new Banjo game”, didn’t they? Can’t be for Replay.

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
I'm reading about Nintendo and Microsoft potential announcements inbound in the rumored July 20th Nintendo Direct?

Ah yes, it is all coming together now; full circle. Ya'll remember this?
I know what this is meant to imply, but I looked at it and just thought 'Christmas?'

D

Deleted member

See, but they wouldn't need new music for something like Rare Replay. And if they are doing something like a Kazooie/Tooie remaster I don't see Microsoft throwing that on Switch. (I also can't see anyone but Grant doing the music but who knows) And Banjo Threeie? Get outta here with that.
Maybe instead of Banjo Threeie it'll be

Banjo Freeie

Andwooooo

Smash Journeyman
RE: Fight Pass 2 predictions, because I'm that bored again:

7 - Geno, because *duh*. I'm not ready to rule out Ms. Horton's video not going through enough quality control. She's too much of a professional to glorify Geno's inclusion like that if she was only talking about his Mii fighter costume, and GameStop's too dumb of a company to not verify the information in the video was accurate before letting it go public.

8 - Lloyd Irving. I'm moving him up because I think it'd be good to see him revealed during or around the Tales of 25th Anniversary. Given how delayed the second pass is lately, I think they'd FP8 back in favor of him. He also won't take a lot of time to work on, because his moveset is already in the game thanks to Mii Swordfighter basically grabbing all of his moves from Tales of Symphonia.

9 - Don't think we'll get any other Smash reveals until E3 next year, so we're going big. Master Chief is FP9, possibly to coincide with the rumored release of the Master Chief Collection on Switch.

10 - Dixie Kong. Not really sure how to justify her inclusion. Just feels right.

11 - Rex and Pyra. I think, to differentiate Rex from his Mii fighter costume, they're going to give him his blade partner. I'm not entirely sure how it would work--maybe a swap system or an Ice Climbers situation.

Bonus Pack

I don't at all anticipate us getting a bonus fighter after the second pass is finished--especially since COVID basically neutered Nintendo, it looks like. But if we get Sora whatsoever, I have a hunch that Disney's going to want a lot more money than the other third parties. They wouldn't want to share proceeds of the pack with everyone else, so they'd encourage Sakurai to give us a standalone Fighter Pass. He'd probably cost the same as the other individual passes too, but the revenue would favor Disney a bit more.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Literally the only feasible* character that I want more than Geno at this point is Chief, so if both of them actually happen in this one pass then I’ll never need another character again.

*I use the term “feasible” because “Sora with proper Disney representation that lets him use Donald and Goofy’s assists in his moveset” will literally never happen, and without that he moves down a significant amount of slots in my personal character list.
Maybe it's more a sign of the Kingdom Hearts player I am but I don't mind Doanld and Goofy being absent since the most compelling Kingdom Hearts content (Data bosses) don't allow them anyways.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
If you look at Exor you will see his face is not at the top which looks like a skull I would assume this would be the Same case with Mack knowing they were both made by Smithy and he designed them this Way, however the top part may contain the soul of it and during the fight with Exor we find out that the skull part is the main place in order to kill Exor

Last edited:

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Maybe it's more a sign of the Kingdom Hearts player I am but I don't mind Doanld and Goofy being absent since the most compelling Kingdom Hearts content (Data bosses) don't allow them anyways.
I like the KH games well enough, however for me it’s less the KH fan talking and more the general Disney fan wanting to see the fourth-party rules be bent in the only time they feasibly could be.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Wether the fighter reveal is Geno or not, I hope to God we don't get another "They're from this series and you'll have to wait to find out who"

That just completely kills speculation, man. It wasn't fun for ARMS, especially since it ended up being the most likely/around the most likely pick anyway.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Wether the fighter reveal is Geno or not, I hope to God we don't get another "They're from this series and you'll have to wait to find out who"

That just completely kills speculation, man. It wasn't fun for ARMS, especially since it ended up being the most likely/around the most likely pick anyway.
As noted in a page or two back, it's extremely unlikely they'll pull that stunt again.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice you said that whenever King Zell appears has been something Microsoft related but the biggest lesk of king zell all the February 2019 direct: Mario Maker, Boxboy and a 2D zelda (Which is link's awakening but in that direct the only microsoft related announcement was Hellblade

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Don't worry. That was a different case for the ARMS fighter, Min Min, as they needed more time on her. I can say that probably won't be the case with whoever this fighter is.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
See, but they wouldn't need new music for something like Rare Replay/Banjo ports. And if they are doing something like a Kazooie/Tooie remaster I don't see Microsoft throwing that on Switch. (I also can't see anyone but Grant doing the music but who knows) And Banjo Threeie? Get outta here with that.
This doesn't necessarily involve the Switch either. I could see RARE Replay for Switch and then one of the bigass reveals at the MS presentation being Banjo and Kazooie: Bait and Tackle Shop or whatever.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I like the KH games well enough, however for me it’s less the KH fan talking and more the general Disney fan wanting to see the fourth-party rules be bent in the only time they feasibly could be.
Eh, I'm sure the fourth-party rules could be bent. After all, Smash already has an Avengers character...

MisterMike

Smash Champion

I sort of have to disagree. It was fun for a while, especially with the possibility that this character will most likely be a Spirit upgrade. What made it start to suck was just how long they kept the mystery going. If they decide to do this same thing again, but it's only 1-2 months as opposed to the 3+ months we had for Min Min, then I think it could work out much better.

Furthermore, who says they have to play this game with a specific series? Maybe they could do this for a specific company. For example:
"The next DLC Fighter coming to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will be... a character from SquareEnix!"
Plenty of fighters to choose from, not a single clear frontrunner. It could happen.

MattX20

Smash Hero
So Fatman, with the 20th rapidly approaching as well as potentially the reveal for FP7, how confident are you in Geno's chances in these last two days?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Eh, I'm sure the fourth-party rules could be bent. After all, Smash already has an Avengers character...
-Snip-
OKay, who is the wise guy who made that? And Batman is no Avengers character. This is bootleg or whatever material.

Last edited:

Powerman293

Smash Ace
It was already getting weird when Dragon Quests characters got added, because people wanted Goku and that was the closest we'll ever get.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
OKay, who is the wise guy who made that? And Batman is no Avengers character. This is bootleg or whatever material.
I don't know who the original taker of that photo is, but I got it from this tweet... and yeah, definitely a bootleg... though since I brought this up in the Geno thread, might as well ask if any Geno bootleg merchandise exists, and if there's any particularly funny ones.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I would like Geno sooner than later. Each fighter that passes, the overall Smash fanbase gets more and more on edge and tense since the amount of openings decrease. The speculation lead-up to 9 and 10 will not be as optimistic or friendly as it is to 7 and 8. Min Min would have been less received at 10 than at 6. Basically, unless your fan favorite character is a big name, having them in the second half of the pass is putting a massive backlash target on their back.
Things are going to get intense in the community when we reach the later half of the Pass. It's going to be big ****show.

I know each Smash game has kind of ended in a low note, but I could see Ultimate being the exception to this. Ultimate has literally been more about fan service than any Smash game in the series. This game was the pipedream Smash and Sakurai made it into a reality. I think we are going to end on a high note for this game.

I just want Shinobi to say "I serve a higher authority"
Or imagine Shinobi saying: "It looks like Nintendo is shooting for the stars. It's going to be a Smashing good time."

Last edited:

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord

God imagine if they did that with Pokémon.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord

Worse when its stupidly pointless. -Ridley Shadow-

StarLight42

Smash Lord

Absolutely, if they did something like “This fighter is from Pokemon Sword and Shield!” I would leave speculation. That’d be such a killer.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Hello Genobros! Since its a very likely possibility we are getting a Direct this month, I decided that now is the absolute perfect time to predict what I think could possibly be shown off at this Direct. These are the predictions I currently find the most likely and I think this will be an overall solid presentation, based on the predictions I have compiled. I am aware some of these predictions probably won't come in to fruition, but I still think its fun to talk about the possibility of these things happening.

With that out of the way, here are my predictions!

1. Direct starts out with an announcement of the long-rumored 3D Mario collection, titled, "Super Mario All-Stars 3D". The game comes with Super Mario 64, Sunshine and the two Galaxy games. This is planned to come to the Switch on September 25. To coincide with this announcement, a port of Super Mario 3D World will be available a month earlier on August 21, and this port will not only be a port of 3D World, but it will also remake all of 3D Land's levels and they will be made available in this port.

2. We then get in to some Metroid-related announcements. We finally get the new 2D Metroid shown off, and this game is scheduled to get a release sometime in November. We also get an update on Metroid Prime 4. They don't show any trailer or gameplay, but they just talk about it on how development is going smoothly. To coincide with that announcement, Nintendo FINALLY brings over the Metroid Prime Trilogy, but the release date is unknown as of right now.

3. We get the announcement of a Pikmin 3 port, and it is scheduled to release on October 9.

4. No More Heroes III is next and we get to see more gameplay. The release date is scheduled to be on October 2.

5. Bravely Default II gets a new trailer and a release date of August 28.

6. A Tomb Raider Collection is coming to the Switch, just like Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest.

7. We get some gameplay of the new Pokemon DLC, the Crown Tundra. This DLC gets a vague release window of "Winter 2020".

8. Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time is revealed to be coming to the Switch and the release will be a week after this game releases on other platforms.

9. Rare Replay and Master Chief Collection are coming to the Switch. These are definitely my more out their predictions, but given how Banjo is in Smash, I'm sure the rumors of Rare Replay coming to the Switch will be true, and as for the Master Chief Collection, insiders have implied a huge third party is coming to the Switch, and it will almost feel like an equivalent to Mario on a PlayStation console. As such, I actually do believe these are real possibilities, especially given Nintendo and Microsoft's relationship.

10. We get an indie and third-party showcase like we usually do.

And now we got two last things before they end off the presentation. You do need to remember, this most likely would have been Nintendo's E3 Direct, so I am sure Nintendo would have saved two big final things for the end of this Direct. Last year's E3 Direct was Banjo in Smash and the reveal of BOTW 2. As for this Direct, these are the last two things:

11. The one EVERYONE on this thread has been waiting for. As part of Challenger Pack 7, Geno from Super Mario RPG is revealed for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. We get a trailer and we see some gameplay. We get a vague release window of September 2020.

12. BOTW 2 is finally shown to the public and we finally get some gameplay. It is revealed that their will be a playable Zelda and it shows a bit of the story of this game. The sequel is known as, "The Legend Of Zelda: Death Of The Wild" and we get a release window of Spring 2021.

So these are my predictions! All of these things would be pretty amazing to see and these are the predictions I am currently betting on! What are your guy's predictions for this upcoming Direct? I would love to hear it!

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Absolutely, if they did something like “This fighter is from Pokemon Sword and Shield!” I would leave speculation. That’d be such a killer.
Basically me if a Sword & Shield rep is announced and they don't reveal which Pokemon it is:

Fun fact: I was there at Wrestlemania 25. I was in the crowd at this event.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Also, what is the point? Its not like this is a placeholder announcement THEN they work on the character so they are unable to say who it is. The character is basically done. So what do they gain by just stopping at telling us who it is? To build hype? Then don't even say the series if they want hype. The mystery behind ARMs was whether or not the spirit or AT fanrule was finally defeated. It wasn't about how the character looked, moveset or stuff like that. Heck, some of it involved if it was sequel tie-in.

Funny enough, speculation during the ARMs lead-up was never about the ARMS CHARACTER but rather about Smash itself and what non-ARM content would be impacted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom