• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So Fatman, with the 20th rapidly approaching as well as potentially the reveal for FP7, how confident are you in Geno's chances in these last two days?
Extremely. Some of my thoughts from last November:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-1702#post-23650646

And some of my thoughts from early September last year:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-1370#post-23525257

As I've said in the past, it's been a lifelong lesson for me to trust my own intuition. It took Nintendo a whopping 8 years for them to confirm my theorycrafting in the Brawl days that not only was Sakurai interested in Geno but there was an attempt to get him. The last year and a half that I have had access to insider info and networks, this is one topic I do not feel like I've been misled on.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
I can’t particularly imagine Rare Replay particularly working on Switch, to be honest. It relies too much on 360 backwards compatibility even for the Banjo games, that actually getting the later games on Switch would require more work than even the MCC for significantly less return.

It was already getting weird when Dragon Quests characters got added, because people wanted Goku and that was the closest we'll ever get.
Those are still game characters, though, in an entirely separate series unrelated to the anime. A very different situation to Donald and Goofy.

Vitaa

Smash Rookie
Hello! sorry to derail the topic but is anyone here good at digging through the internet? I have an image and I don't know where its source is? It is related to Geno, I had it on my phone since 5/13/2018 and I remember I found it on google, though I haven't been able to find it nowadays, thanks in advance! Also, it won't let me send images here so if you can help then dm me at my discord: Vitaa#2482 and ill send it to you there

MattX20

Smash Hero
Hello! sorry to derail the topic but is anyone here good at digging through the internet? I have an image and I don't know where its source is? It is related to Geno, I had it on my phone since 5/13/2018 and I remember I found it on google, though I haven't been able to find it nowadays, thanks in advance! Also, it won't let me send images here so if you can help then dm me at my discord: Vitaa#2482 and ill send it to you there
You can attach the image file here

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
You can post images by hitting the image button on the toolbar. Hope that helps.

D

Deleted member

I had a daydream Geno was revealed and one of his Mii costumes was a premium Mii Swordfighter costume of Hat Kid from A Hat in Time.

Geno and Hat Kid kept being grouped together in YouTube thumbnails.

It was all great but then I woke up.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Extremely. Some of my thoughts from last November:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-1702#post-23650646

And some of my thoughts from early September last year:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-1370#post-23525257

As I've said in the past, it's been a lifelong lesson for me to trust my own intuition. It took Nintendo a whopping 8 years for them to confirm my theorycrafting in the Brawl days that not only was Sakurai interested in Geno but there was an attempt to get him. The last year and a half that I have had access to insider info and networks, this is one topic I do not feel like I've been misled on.
Let us hope when the 20th day dawns, the Direct will finally grant the long waited wish for Geno to be in Smash

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
I had a daydream Geno was revealed and one of his Mii costumes was a premium Mii Swordfighter costume of Hat Kid from A Hat in Time.

That's one thing I really like about double reveals, seeing fanart and content with both characters that wouldn't appear otherwise. I remember loving all the BK and DQ fanart that spawned after Hero and Banjo & Kazooie were revealed last E3, it was pretty funny, because it would be quite the unlikely pair otherwise. It's understandable if we get single reveals from here on out though.

Musubi

Smash Apprentice
So I'm a giant Kingdom Hearts fan, and Sora would be my #1 character wish over Geno if it wasn't for the fact that Smash is the only way for Nintendo to acknowledge SMRPG. There is plenty of non-Disney content for Sora to come with. I would actually prefer if Sora didn't come with anything Disney, but also wouldn't mind if he did. It's frustrating when I see people claiming that Sora has to come with Donald and Goofy and wouldn't be represented well without them because it's just seems like gatekeeping like what people do to say Geno can't be in Smash.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

I would absolutely love a Hat Kid Mii costume. I love Hat In Time. That game was one of the best 3D platformers I played in years.

Vitaa

Smash Rookie
Guess it will remain a mystery then. What is it anyways?
it's a custom plush of Geno that seems to have disappeared from the internet, though I still have it I was hoping to find the source and possibly commission another one like it, again if you got discord I could send you the image there

Last edited:

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
A few months ago we watched a Nintendo Switch ad in class (like a week before the world shut down). I found it interesting because the ad featured a kid dressed up as Geno. Doesn’t prove anything towards smash directly, but definitely proves Nintendo is aware of and acknowledges people’s love and nostalgia for the character.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
As I said in the general thread, I think this direct will have main focus on september/october games, just like march direct had focus on may/june stuff. Here is my expectation of headlines:

- Starts with Mario 35th anniversary trailer, revealing 3 new games; 3D Collection, 3D World DX and a new Sports games (that includes various games like that 3DS game).
- Fallout 3 and 4 coming to Switch later this year
- No Man's Sky coming to Switch
- Star Wars KOTOR ports
- New Super Monkey Ball
- new indie collaboration (think Good Job!)
- 3 old ports from Square-Enix (FF Tactics TWOTL, Chrono Trigger mobile ports and a localization fo Live a Live)
- Doom Eternal release date
- Bravely Default II release date
- Pikmin 3 DX
- Animal Crossing new update
- Ring Fit Adventure update
- Something cool for NSO users.
- Something from one of the pokemon projects (New Snap, Unite, Sword/Shield DLC" or Detective Pikachu)
- Third party sizzle reel (7-8 third party highlights, some known stuff like Crysis, FFCC or NBA, some new one like last gen ports, for example, DMC4 SE or Klonoa remake)
- Ends with Smash Ultimate Challenger Pack #7

16 headlines in total similar to others mini directs.

For the japanese direct, you can add footage from Rune Factory 5 and Famicom Detective Clubs remakes

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
A few months ago we watched a Nintendo Switch ad in class (like a week before the world shut down). I found it interesting because the ad featured a kid dressed up as Geno. Doesn’t prove anything towards smash directly, but definitely proves Nintendo is aware of and acknowledges people’s love and nostalgia for the character.
Are you talking about this ad?
It’s very good, but unfortunately it isn’t official; the guy made it in hopes Nintendo would accept it.

However, NoA did tweet “Team Mallow or Team Geno?” on SMRPG’s anniversary in 2018, and of course some other Geno stuff like him in a quiz Nintendo sponsored (in an app during the 2018 Game Awards) and the Smash stuff.

Last edited:

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Do you have a link-photo?
Pd: Nevermind, TheCJBrine TheCJBrine alredy posted it

Last edited:

GodzillaGuy64

Smash Apprentice
I’m pretty sure that was a fanmade one.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
Are you talking about this ad?
It’s very good, but unfortunately it isn’t official; the guy made it in hopes Nintendo would accept it.
Ah yes that’s it! Pretty sure it fooled the teacher of our Psychology of Advertising class. It’s so well done!! A shame it’s not real, I did find it odd Nintendo acknowledged Geno’s existence so suddenly.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I will said it: This goes to your face, Jon Cartwright. Btw you were the one who make me be sure that we are getting CP7's reveal this monday. 5 characters in a year. What was that man saying?
Also, can you get a screencap of it to confirm it for those doubting it?

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Hello Genobros! Since its a very likely possibility we are getting a Direct this month, I decided that now is the absolute perfect time to predict what I think could possibly be shown off at this Direct. These are the predictions I currently find the most likely and I think this will be an overall solid presentation, based on the predictions I have compiled. I am aware some of these predictions probably won't come in to fruition, but I still think its fun to talk about the possibility of these things happening.

With that out of the way, here are my predictions!

1. Direct starts out with an announcement of the long-rumored 3D Mario collection, titled, "Super Mario All-Stars 3D". The game comes with Super Mario 64, Sunshine and the two Galaxy games. This is planned to come to the Switch on September 25. To coincide with this announcement, a port of Super Mario 3D World will be available a month earlier on August 21, and this port will not only be a port of 3D World, but it will also remake all of 3D Land's levels and they will be made available in this port.

2. We then get in to some Metroid-related announcements. We finally get the new 2D Metroid shown off, and this game is scheduled to get a release sometime in November. We also get an update on Metroid Prime 4. They don't show any trailer or gameplay, but they just talk about it on how development is going smoothly. To coincide with that announcement, Nintendo FINALLY brings over the Metroid Prime Trilogy, but the release date is unknown as of right now.

3. We get the announcement of a Pikmin 3 port, and it is scheduled to release on October 9.

4. No More Heroes III is next and we get to see more gameplay. The release date is scheduled to be on October 2.

5. Bravely Default II gets a new trailer and a release date of August 28.

6. A Tomb Raider Collection is coming to the Switch, just like Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest.

7. We get some gameplay of the new Pokemon DLC, the Crown Tundra. This DLC gets a vague release window of "Winter 2020".

8. Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time is revealed to be coming to the Switch and the release will be a week after this game releases on other platforms.

9. Rare Replay and Master Chief Collection are coming to the Switch. These are definitely my more out their predictions, but given how Banjo is in Smash, I'm sure the rumors of Rare Replay coming to the Switch will be true, and as for the Master Chief Collection, insiders have implied a huge third party is coming to the Switch, and it will almost feel like an equivalent to Mario on a PlayStation console. As such, I actually do believe these are real possibilities, especially given Nintendo and Microsoft's relationship.

10. We get an indie and third-party showcase like we usually do.

And now we got two last things before they end off the presentation. You do need to remember, this most likely would have been Nintendo's E3 Direct, so I am sure Nintendo would have saved two big final things for the end of this Direct. Last year's E3 Direct was Banjo in Smash and the reveal of BOTW 2. As for this Direct, these are the last two things:

11. The one EVERYONE on this thread has been waiting for. As part of Challenger Pack 7, Geno from Super Mario RPG is revealed for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. We get a trailer and we see some gameplay. We get a vague release window of September 2020.

12. BOTW 2 is finally shown to the public and we finally get some gameplay. It is revealed that their will be a playable Zelda and it shows a bit of the story of this game. The sequel is known as, "The Legend Of Zelda: Death Of The Wild" and we get a release window of Spring 2021.

So these are my predictions! All of these things would be pretty amazing to see and these are the predictions I am currently betting on! What are your guy's predictions for this upcoming Direct? I would love to hear it!
I predict we may hear news of F-Zero (given the twitter account that was discovered), and Golden Sun (given the trademark situation indicating that they're using it for far more then just protecting old games).

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Are we sure this actually guarantees a reveal. If it confirms anything it will gladly not entail the God forbidden 'the next fighter is from Pokemon, tune in October to find out more' type bs they pulled with ARMS. Either way I hope it does but would like to know.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
only a Sith deals in absolutes
(nothing is guaranteed)
Can I just say that I really don't like the "Only siths deal in absolute" line, because using only in this context is an absolute, making it really hypocritical, especialy for jedis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom