• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I would like Geno sooner than later. Each fighter that passes, the overall Smash fanbase gets more and more on edge and tense since the amount of openings decrease. The speculation lead-up to 9 and 10 will not be as optimistic or friendly as it is to 7 and 8. Min Min would have been less received at 10 than at 6. Basically, unless your fan favorite character is a big name, having them in the second half of the pass is putting a massive backlash target on their back.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Did that Corrin Amiibo ever Re-Release with Byleth, Cause I'm not sure
No I believe Corrin is being held off for Byleth's Amiibo release. Going off this hypothesis, this is why I don't believe Corrin would be one of the characters getting a semi clone, along with the fact that we already have a billion Fire Emblem characters anyways. So let's break this down...

Luigi, DK, Peach, Yoshi, Diddy Kong, Kirby, Ness, Villager, Dark Pit, ROB, Mr. Game and Watch, Duck Hunt, the Miis, Falco, Lucas, Ryu, Palutena, Pit, and Corrin

The hypothesis is that the semi-clones would come from the same series. This in mind, it puts strong doubt on:

Yoshi, ROB, Mr. Game and Watch, Duck Hunt, the Miis, Ryu, and Corrin

This now makes our list look like this:

Luigi, DK, Peach, Diddy Kong, Kirby, Villager, Dark Pit, Falco, Ness, Lucas, Pit, Palutena

Now let's eliminate the characters that already have direct echoes or semi-clones or are an echo themselves:

Peach, Villager, Pit, Dark Pit, Ness

We are now left with:

Luigi, DK, Diddy Kong, Kirby, Falco, Lucas, Palutena

If this semi-clone theory is true, this is basically our "pool" on who the hypothetical bonus characters would be based on. Just some quick thoughts:

- I would personally take out Falco because we already have two semi clones specifically of Fox so a fourth Star Fox that would technically be yet another semi clone of Fox and that would be pretty weird.

-Coincidentally, if Lucas got a semi-clone it would basically be a Star Fox situation all over again.

-Kirby and DK are very interesting because they both not only have three characters but no echoes or semi-clones, making them the only franchises from the original Smash game with multiple reps that don't have this.

7NATOR

Smash Master
No I believe Corrin is being held off for Byleth's Amiibo release. Going off this hypothesis, this is why I don't believe Corrin would be one of the characters getting a semi clone, along with the fact that we already have a billion Fire Emblem characters anyways. So let's break this down...

Luigi, DK, Peach, Yoshi, Diddy Kong, Kirby, Ness, Villager, Dark Pit, ROB, Mr. Game and Watch, Duck Hunt, the Miis, Falco, Lucas, Ryu, Palutena, Pit, and Corrin

The hypothesis is that the semi-clones would come from the same series. This in mind, it puts strong doubt on:

Yoshi, ROB, Mr. Game and Watch, Duck Hunt, the Miis, Ryu, and Corrin

This now makes our list look like this:

Luigi, DK, Peach, Diddy Kong, Kirby, Villager, Dark Pit, Falco, Ness, Lucas, Pit, Palutena

Now let's eliminate the characters that already have direct echoes or semi-clones or are an echo themselves:

Peach, Villager, Pit, Dark Pit, Ness

We are now left with:

Luigi, DK, Diddy Kong, Kirby, Falco, Lucas, Palutena

Luigi is Re-releasing in September. So if this were a thing, Wouldn't that mean that if Geno is the FP7 Character, that if there are bonuses we also get Waluigi revealed?

If this semi-clone theory is true, this is basically our "pool" on who the hypothetical bonus characters would be based on. Just some quick thoughts:

- I would personally take out Falco because we already have two semi clones specifically of Fox so a fourth Star Fox that would technically be yet another semi clone of Fox and that would be pretty weird.

-Coincidentally, if Lucas got a semi-clone it would basically be a Star Fox situation all over again.

-Kirby and DK are very interesting because they both not only have three characters but no echoes or semi-clones, making them the only franchises from the original Smash game with multiple reps that don't have this.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Well, unless we get an announcement tomorrow, it's going to be a mini Direct.
The only potential alternative timeline I can see is that there was misinformation with insiders and the Direct announcement is on Monday, not the actual Direct.

Of course, just speculation.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I'm going to be honest. I don't know about Bandana Dee. The situation is that, if I'm not a total moron, these hypothetical bonus characters would be "semi-clones" of other characters. That's where things kind of get interesting. For example, Diddy to Dixie is pretty easy to imagine and why I've embraced the idea. For a hypothetical Kirby character, it seems to be implied that they would be based on Kirby himself. Kind of like the Amiibo thing I mentioned the other day, Mario, DK, Mother, Kid Icarus, and "Retro" are the biggest categories that strangely haven't had rereleases yet. Under this hypothesis, a third Mother character would be yet another semi clone of Ness and Kid Icarus would be based on Palutena. As I keep saying, it's a weird situation that hopefully gets straighten out soon.
So basically: Waluigi, Dixie Kong, Ninten and Medusa, eh? I'm down. Dixie and Medusa are no brainers when it comes to echoes, and Ninten could offer a unique take on the Ness/Lucas moveset.

View attachment 279033

So what's the the consensus, the announcement will be tomorrow right? They usually do direct announcements a day prior.

Also challenged Akinator, dude's good. Managed to figure out it was Geno in 20 questions
Akinator's AI tends to guess your character more easily the more popular said character is. But even then yeah, he's very good at what he does. I actually used him to figure out Moomin's name since I forgot it.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
And i want to remind that ALL the 1st party games which appeared in the mini direct in march were either alredy announced like Xenoblade or launched like Animal Crossing, Pokemon or Smash. Yeah i know, we don't know anything on Nintendo's schedule on 2020 and nintendo asked to the 3rd parties to make their game announcements in other ways but i think that if we get the direct it the game announcements will be like 4. My guesses are the Mario 3D Collection, Mario 3D World Deluxe, F Zero (It's incredible think that i expect a F Zero game) and pikmin 3. I can see they with other stuff like Kirby, Zelda, FE, Metroid or DK.

My predictions are:
-Mario 3D Collection. November (I now expect 3 ports at 60 dollars in a pack as the Holiday game)
-Mario 3D World. Like october
-F Zero. Sometime 2021
-DLC 7. Either September or October. (I doubt so much we also get DLC8)
-Another Omega boring pokemon dlc trailer. Q3
-Metroid 2D. 2021
-Maybe a BOTW 2 teaser. Q1 2021
-2D DK. 2021
-Pikmin 3. August
-Some 3rd party stuff (Very weak) and indies

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Looks like Gamexplain is going all in on this rumored Direct.
Jesus, they really are going all in on this. I despise the idea of them shadowdropping another mini but atleast this time I'll know to be up on time for it.

The idea of them doing another hint character is just insane though, just a massive **** move. But lets be fair about this, I don't see them doing it for a third party franchise at all personally, so if they DID, which first party one would it be?

• Instant Out :Star Fox, F-Zero, Wario, Pikmin, Kid Icarus, Punch Out, Wii Fit, Retro : Nintendo's two first party choices have shown us so far they are really only interested adding characters from Switch games, makes sense
  • Not Enough Competition : Yoshi, DK, Metroid, Earthbound, Animal Crossing, Splatoon, Xenoblade : Either a lack of obvious candidates or one character who it makes zero sense for them not to add over everyone else. Remember it seems Sakurai was only considering the whole ARMS roster because "there's no real main character"
So that leaves us with what, 4 franchises? Mario, Zelda, Kirby, and... Pokemon. Oh dear.

• Mario is a big enough franchise for them to pull this with but at the same time putting in anyone but Waluigi or Geno will cause riots in the streets. Plus I just really don't want infighting.
  • Zelda doesn't really make sense to me sense I figured if they wanted another Zelda character they would wait to add a character from BOTW 2, but that's just me.
  • Kirby actually makes a lot of sense. I mean, even the main gimmick of his Switch game is that every important character in the franchise is playable and have pretty strong moveset potential. You can argue Dee but knowing Sakurai he'd pick whoever (Marx) he wanted. But I also can't see Nintendo being too interested in promoting Kirby, I don't know something just feels off about that.
  • Pokemon makes a frightening amount of sense and it SCARES me. Big game released last year? Check. Consistently a franchise who gets characters promoted and decided on in Smash before anyone else to the point they get god damn placeholder slots in the roster? Check. A giant roster of potential Smash choices just in the Gen 8 dex? Check.
Look, I'm still not EXPECTING them to be this tone deaf and do another hint thing, and I'm not expecting 7 to be a Pokemon, but I'll just say this right now, Gen 8 Pokemon is quite literally the thing I've least wanted them to do since More DLC was announced. It's boring, safe, predictable, promoting a game I don't just not care for but actively dislike, and it feels like something that will cause more anger in the community than anything else.

Last edited:

Droodle

Smash Lord
Zell.png

Zell just came out and said it's a general, so it's (probably) not a mini for the people worried. Zell stopped reporting on things unless he knows a 100% they're happening in the near future, and is probably one of the most trustworthy insiders out there in terms of track records.

EDIT: Before people get too excited, it could technically still be a mini and he's specifically talking about it's not a game-specific direct. However, most people differentiate hard between "general" and "mini" directs, and he hasn't specified if it's mini even when asked, so I'm leaning towards a regular direct. But it's possible he only knows that it'll have a good chunk of announcements from different series, but not actually if it's mini or "regular".

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
MisterMike MisterMike Well, here's the dilemma. Under this theorycraft, these "bonus" characters would be done for strictly advertising purposes. They're not doing them "just because." They're doing them to promote upcoming games. Waluigi, for example, is pretty on the nose: 35th Super Mario anniversary. If Medusa is one of the hypothetical semi-clones, then this makes the argument that there's secretly a Kid Icarus game in the making. That's how this works. This said, it makes the argument that there's potentially secret projects from as many as four franchises that the public doesn't know about yet.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
And again SeanHicksArt SeanHicksArt save the day: https://twitter.com/SeanHicksART/status/1284391486474407938?s=20
Btw: pinshadow pinshadow if they make another series reveal (something i both don't want or expect) if is 3rd party i think is Zelda, Kirby or Xenoblade. I can also see a 3rd party long time series with many protagonist like Tales Of or companieslike Tecmo, Level 5, Bethesda, Namco or Capcom
The thing is the third-party would have to be ok with that, and it would be a change of plans anyway. I can't see them pulling the stunt for third party stuff.

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
At this point I've kind of dropped Sora just because the evidence of the hypothetical four being all first or second party has increased a decent amount. I think the four characters are going to either celebrate upcoming anniversaries or major games. Along with Dixie, I'm now putting more stock in a Kirby/HAL character because not only because of HAL's 40th anniversary but, like I showed the other day, there's been rumblings of a major Kirby project since last September that have picked up steam recently and it makes me wonder if we're approaching hearing about it soon, especially since Kirby games usually have two years of development time at most so the Kirby project landing sometime next Spring wouldn't surprise me.
When the subject is 1st or 2nd Party, I think they will go with a mix of fan request and promotion for the characters they choose, be it a pack in Pass 2 or a Bonus Character (no matter the amount on each category). I don't think promotion only relates to future releases like some of you think though, past releases should be taken into account as well: see ARMS. That being said, here's my stance on some of characters that I frequently see brought up for 1st party picks. DISCLAIMER: All of them are a possibility in my opinion and can happen, but I will try and put some context as to why my order is that, but don't treat it as gospel. I also am considering them not as Echo Fighters, so they would count as a new number in Ultimate terms.

(2) Waluigi: He's Schrodinger's Smash Character: a full paradox that would work well as a closer for the DLC cycle, but I can see it happening alongside the celebration + biggest fan demand out there. I think it's a wait and see on him, though...

(7) Paper Mario: A tear-ible idea (see what I did there... ), but for one single reason: every time someone grabs this character, they use the most recent incarnation mostly, which would make people more angry than happy. With this in mind, I don't see Paper Mario being able to offer something new that isn't already available in Ultimate already because of this.

(5) Bandana Waddle Dee / LoLoLo & LaLaLa: I see him lower on my list, because I don't see him higher on fan request than other characters + Kirby isn't really a franchise that would get the priority in the "promotional pick" department. Though, if the rumors about the Iwata tribute have weight, I could see that reason alone making one of them happen.

(1) Xenoblade Rep: Let me say this: I honestly will be surprised if we don't get another Xenoblade Rep until the end of DLC cycle, since it hits all of the checkboxes for a GOOD promotional and fan pick: Up and coming franchise? Check. Has a new game in last few years or coming up? Check for both. Would improve awareness overall? Check. Characters will still be relevant to the franchise in the future? Check. Can bring new content to the table? Check. Offers a new and unique play style? Check. Was one of the characters that people really wanted as character for base game? Check. Franchise is missing at least one Spirit Event? Check. Isn't competing with a Fire Emblem rep for the 4th time in a row? Check. But, which one? Let's go into specifics:
  • (1st) Rex and Pyra: For me, I consider them the most likely of the 2 because there's extra checkboxes they fill: Sakurai has expressed interest in including them? Check. Most recent new entry in the series? Check. Only got screwed over by bad timing? Check. The thing here is not about "Rex and Pyra deserves"a spot": I just see a lot of good arguments and strong evidence that could benefit them in the long run, just like how I think about Geno right now.
  • (2nd) Elma: On another hand, there's some uniques attributes that Elma can bring to the table as well: Can bring new content from a game with little content in Smash? Check. Dual Wielding Guns & Swords? Check. Brings diversity to Smash's roster? Check.
At the end of the day, it's up to two things: Which game is or will be the most recent in the series and does Sakurai's still wants Rex?

(4) Dixie Kong: I'm divided on her: on one side, fan request is one of the biggest out there and promotion is possible; on the other, I think there's characters that have a better combo than her right now on both fronts.
BOTW2 / Zelda Rep: I don't think it's happening because of the fact that the Ancient Gear was the bonus costume (same reason I didn't consider Rex for Pass 1), plus BOTW as a whole already got good representation in Smash. Wouldn't mind it, though.

(3) Isaac: Considering the rumors of Golden Sun receiving a HD remake, I think Isaac is a character that can really be a front runner if Nintendo has long-term plans for Golden Sun, since it would fill almost the same boxes as a Xenoblade rep + Isaac has been one huge fan request for a while, so he would really go a long way on both fronts. However, it all depends if the series gets a second chance...

(8) Any Pokémon: I don't have any personal attachment to any Pokémon post Gen 7. Considering TPC, they will always go for the newer ones, so it's nothing that gets me excited. Honestly, I think Pokémon is the second most unlikely of my list, because I think fan request is really smaller compared to others on the list + a promotional pick from them won't do anything of value right now (other than divide people once again).

(6) Ring Fit / New Character from unreleased game: Another odd one for me because it all depends if they want to push a new game or IP. That's also why I placed Ring Fit here, but they are the front runner in this category for me, since it also gained some decent fan following.

One thing is for sure: Monday will be a crazy day. Probably will try to wake up early to watch it when it drops and not be spoiled. I will laugh so hard if they pull the hint again, but it's the same chances as a Shiny Pokémon. not Pokémon, please: Smash Speculation would be dead by the time it comes out lol

View attachment 279037
Zell just came out and said it's a general, so it's (probably) not a mini for the people worried. Zell stopped reporting on things unless he knows a 100% they're happening in the near future, and is probably one of the most trustworthy insiders out there in terms of track records.
All praise the King! Jokes aside, if some of what's rumored comes true, I don't see it shadow dropping; I also don't see it later in the week because of Microsoft.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
View attachment 279037
YEAH FINALLY, GOOD NEWS.
The thing is the third-party would have to be ok with that, and it would be a change of plans anyway. I can't see them pulling the stunt for third party stuff.
Yeah, that makes. That Horribly treatment will Most Likely only happen with 1st Party characters

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
View attachment 279037

EDIT: Before people get too excited, it could technically still be a mini and he's specifically talking about it's not a game-specific direct. However, most people differentiate hard between "general" and "mini" directs, and he hasn't specified if it's mini even when asked, so I'm leaning towards a regular direct.
At the very least, there HAS to be something. Whether it's a regular or a mini, we're definitely getting some kind of news.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The interesting thing about King Zell is that, historically, his strongest connections are actually with Microsoft and, ironically, he usually only knows about Nintendo news if Microsoft is somehow involved... This is why I see this, fold my hands in my lap, look directly into the camera and say "folks, at least one of three long standing Nintendo/Microsoft rumors is probably going to come to pass this coming week."

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
The interesting thing about King Zell is that, historically, his strongest connections are actually with Microsoft and, ironically, he usually only knows about Nintendo news if Microsoft is somehow involved... This is why I see this, fold my hands in my lap, look directly into the camera and say "folks, at least one of three long standing Nintendo/Microsoft rumors is probably going to come to pass this coming week."
Oh sh-

Brace for impact

MattX20

Smash Hero
With the way the evidence is currently leaning with Square IPs in the last two spirit events, the DQ Hero and Cloud amiibos being released around the same time frame, along with many other things, I think it's leaning towards our celestial friend

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Question is, is it Halo on Switch, Banjo on Switch or is it Master Chief is Smash?

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Might as well get the bingo posted now.
a9hbz5.png
Can you tell I made this two days ago before we started thinking it was mini? But now apparently people are saying it's a general again? Whatever, the bingo more or less sums up what I think is on the cards going into this. Being blunt I just want something I'm actually interested in for once, seriously I haven't bought a single game released this year for Switch because I just don't care about what they're releasing. I'm almost convinced at this point I used up all of my Nintendo wish points on getting almost everything I wanted in Smash and making Odyssey literally everything I've ever wanted in a Mario game because otherwise it feels like it's been pretty slow for me in announcement territory.

It's not that I dislike or haven't been caring about what they've been doing over the past few years, but people act like Nintendo has had this giant change or something and it's like... no? They haven't released a single game since Odyssey (excluding Ultimate) that really felt like something they wouldn't have done in the Wii U generation. That's not a bad thing, really like Mario Maker 2 and Luigi's Mansion 3, but those are all games I EXPECTED. I haven't been legitimately surprised about a Nintendo announcement outside of Smash in years. I don't even mean a positive suprise or that it has to be something I care about, just any game that I wouldn't have expected them to make. I mean, I've only been active in Nintendo speculation for like 5 years at this point but I think back to where I was then and it's like "Oh, outside of Sandbox 3D Mario and them actually fixing Smash I haven't gotten a lot of stuff I was actually hoping for"
  • Donkey Kong? Nope.
  • New Metroid? Well Samus Returns was great, ok fair enough, but it's still not a NEW Metroid, it's not Metroid V.
  • A New Mario RPG? AHAHAHAHAHA
  • 3D/Bigger Budget Kirby? I mean I like Robobot and Star Allies but especially the latter feels really undercooked and not where I really want the franchise to go.
  • A return to form Mario Party? Kinda, but Super still has huge problems and if we consider it a classic I think it's still a worse game than any in 1-8 sans maybe 1.
  • I've had dead franchise revival on every bingo I've ever made for Nintendo and the only times it has ever been filled was for Third Party stuff, it's a running gag for me at this point. Wario Land, Advance Wars, Sin and Punishment, Custom Robo, just a few of the ones I care about, not even bringing up stuff like F-Zero or Golden Sun, hell even Kid Icarus and Punch-Out count now. JUST DO SOMETHING WITH ONE OF YOUR DEAD FRANCHISES NINTENDO I BEG YOU.
Again, it's not that I'm unhappy with the Switch or what direction Nintendo is going, but sometimes it just feels like I'm waiting for an announcement, ANY ANNOUNCEMENT, and it just never comes. Just something outside of Smash that really gets me to jump out of my seat a little. But that's just me, plenty of people love what Nintendo is doing right now and that's fine too.

Droodle

Smash Lord
I have no say in this, but along with that Microsoft also stated that they're proud of the Japanese games that they're going to be showing off in their event on the 23rd.

Now obviously it could be any company, but what if there are some Nintendo games getting ported to the Xbox too? I don't think it'll be anything new or super big but it would strengthen their relationship.

Also KingZell also hinted at the rumored Master Chief Collection on the Switch a while back, perhaps we're getting it announced in this direct? Master Chief/Minecraft Steve in Smash would also make sense for E3 announcements, but I'm not really assuming it has to be that.

D

Deleted member

Under this hypothesis, a third Mother character would be yet another semi clone of Ness and Kid Icarus would be based on Palutena.
Mother: Ninten (Semi-clone)

my friend @Zack 2 get's Ninten.
Hmm yes, this will work very nicely :ness:

Also man the thought of not getting another character for the rest of the year makes me shiver in the 100 degree heat. Pretty sure though that's not gonna be the case

pinshadow

Smash Lord
He also said this.

Nintendo Direct Speculation OT10 Bakugan with the Wind ResetEra.png

Look at what Letters are bolded. Oh yea, we in for some REAL DEAL stuff on Monday.

I have no say in this, but along with that Microsoft also stated that they're proud of the Japanese games that they're going to be showing off in their event on the 23rd.

Now obviously it could be any company, but what if there are some Nintendo games getting ported to the Xbox too? I don't think it'll be anything new or super big but it would strengthen their relationship.

Also KingZell also hinted at the rumored Master Chief Collection on the Switch a while back, perhaps we're getting it announced in this direct? Master Chief/Minecraft Steve in Smash would also make sense for E3 announcements, but I'm not really assuming it has to be that.
Zero, zip, nada, nope. Microsoft is only putting games on Switch in the first place since they don't seem to care about exclusivity at all anymore and are putting everything on PC/Steam anyway, why NOT also port old games to Switch at that point, it's not like they need to buy an Xbox to play them anyway.

MattX20

Smash Hero
So yeah, if King Zell is saying it's a general Direct, I'm guessing it's the time the MCC on the Switch is finally happening there. As for Master Chief in Smash, I'm thinking he would be after FP8, and saved to be revealed closer to the launch of Halo Infinite

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

As I've told this thread, King Zell was the one that broke the RARE Replay and Master Chief Collection rumor... Back in February 2019. He's hard stood by them eventually happening and even one of my guys backed this up back in January:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-2278#post-23789189

Master Chief is the other big, BIG Nintendo/Microsoft rumor and this goes back to December. Here's where I mentioned it for the first time in this thread:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-2137#post-23757449

Last edited:

Droodle

Smash Lord
He also said this.

View attachment 279041

Look at what Letters are bolded. Oh yea, we in for some REAL DEAL stuff on Monday.

Zero, zip, nada, nope. Microsoft is only putting games on Switch in the first place since they don't seem to care about exclusivity at all anymore and are putting everything on PC/Steam anyway, why NOT also port old games to Switch at that point, it's not like they need to buy an Xbox to play them anyway.
Its good to note that right around the time that Zell posted this, Mario Sports copyrights were found. So it could also hint at that as well.

And also I agree with you, I dont actually think we'll end up getting Nintendo games on Xbox; just more of a hypothetical scenario. Even if it was happening, it'd mostly be really old games that aren't in high demand. More likely that by Japanese games they likely mean more Tales of Arise and Elden Ring info.

Griselda

Smash Lord
So, I was just in GameStop, and maybe it's just my ears, but it seems like in the TOK promo, the line about 'When Geno was announced for Smash' has been cut out of the video. Any confirmation on this/has this been brought up already?

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Rare Replay still makes zero sense to me. It's far too reliant on using the 360 Backwards Compatability for a majority of it's library, including stuff like Banjo and Perfect Dark. There's a reason it hasn't come to PC yet. Potentially they could just release the Banjo games though.

Master Chief Collection on the other hand feels pretty tangible. They're all really just 360 games at most, sans maybe Halo 2 Anniversary and they've all been ported to PC anyway, why not get them on Switch at that point? It's not like Halo Infinite is going to be on Switch or anything.

MattX20

Smash Hero
As I've told this thread, King Zell was the one that broke the RARE Replay and Master Chief Collection rumor... Back in February 2018. He's hard stood by them eventually happening and even one of my guys backed this up back in January:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-2278#post-23789189

Master Chief is the other big, BIG Nintendo/Microsoft rumor and this goes back to December. Here's where I mentioned it for the first time in this thread:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-2137#post-23757449
That, and as I believe you mentioned before, the biggest reveals for the Fighter Pass tend to happen early on to the middle of the pass, so Master Chief being FP9 and a potential Game Awards reveal would be a phenomenal way to have one last major surprise reveal to get the Internet to go nuts

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Microsoft recently discontinued the Kinetic. So what if this Microsodt Nintendo thing is the Kinetic staff going to work on Nintendo stuff?

Master Chief being middle pass makes me pity whoever follows him, like how Cloud embarrassed Corn.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, I was just in GameStop, and maybe it's just my ears, but it seems like in the TOK promo, the line about 'When Geno was announced for Smash' has been cut out of the video. Any confirmation on this/has this been brought up already?
No, I checked the video and the line is still there

Droodle

Smash Lord
I still have it.

D

Deleted member

Y'all are saying Master Chief

But what if it's actually

Master Chef

AugustusB

Smash Champion
The video is still the same, but I am curious if they edited the ones in stores? That would be hilarious.

Heoj

Smash Ace
Ive seen some people scared that if we get a mario character reveal, theyd make it a hint thing so the fanbase would turn into a waluigi vs geno war, but if that were to happen, i feel like geno would objectively be a lock since it would feel realy random to have normal characters like waluigi kamek pauline etc, and then geno, u know, the square enix third party. I dont know, but i feel like we would be innan extremely good position if that were to happen.
But its obviously not going to happen anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom