• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedMachine123

Smash Apprentice
Well, It seems that I'm late but I guess it's better to say It now than never:

HAPPY 3000 PAGES!!!

It has been a long ride for some people here, right?

W̶h̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶g̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶f̶a̶s̶t̶?̶

So, one of the insiders is now saying it's a Mini

View attachment 278961

And the guy who always shows up on RE when a Direct is about to happen backs that up

View attachment 278962

And... the nightmare scenario, another guessing game

View attachment 278964

Ahahahahahaha END ME
Another mini Direct?

Man, Nintendo is going to bring out the big guns this year. :ultpacman:

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
Length matters a lot less than quality.

Nintendo's 2017 E3 was historically short, and I think everyone can agree it was way better than 2015 and god forbid 2008.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
Seeing as the email registered for the F-Zero twitter account is the exact same email as the one for Splatoon, Nintendo Versus, and the Mario 35th Anniversary accounts, ending in @nintendo.co.jp, I'm gonna say it's 100% real
View attachment 278989
The Pikmin 4 account doesn't have a recovery email associated with it, so it's probably fake.
Interesting, do you think they are developing themselves or did some other developer did it?

MattX20

Smash Hero
If it is another Direct Mini, it would make a little sense since they told third parties to hold off until September

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I guess I can kinda understand people may not agree that Geno is e3 material but tend to forget:

Geno has been highly requested, acknowledged by the Smash creator himself.

His Mii costume in 4 was a big highlight, no other costume treated like it.

Banjo, an “irrelevant” character from a series that died off was an e3 presentation.

Nintendo directs are watched by Nintendo fans ... so the idea that “casuals wouldn’t consider Geno as E3 Nintendo direct material” doesn’t make sense since the major fans watch these, not just your “average” Nintendo player that just buys Nintendo games like Mario since they know the brand.

I feel like people are thinking to highly of E3 reveals. Heck, mii fighters were an E3 reveal and that’s considered “worthy?”
also his spirit battle is one of the more difficult and memorable.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Bomber57

Smash Cadet
Wow, I wake up to see us past 3000 already. Congratulations everyone! Wish I still didn't have to worry about leakers teasing and dropping hints like this though, as well as no direct announcement this close to the 20th.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Palutena was an E3 Direct reveal over Pac-Man, Geno is definitely E3 material.
But Pac-man was a closed door reveal at E3. Aka where developer used to show to the most exciting stuff to news outlet so they can relay on this, the last time a dev did this was Square with FFVIIR showing the whole bombing mission in closed door to journalists outlets at E3.
Palutena wasnt an E3 reveal over Pac-man.
Palutena was the reveal ALONGSIDE Pac-Man.

MattX20

Smash Hero
If we don't get any Direct announcements this weekend, it's likely going to be a Direct Mini. The fact so many credible names are still backing it tells me that it's still happening soon

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I’m not too concerned with Zippo, still waiting on that second February Direct. Like Nate Drake said, just relax and enjoy the weekend. News is coming.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
If we don't get any Direct announcements this weekend, it's likely going to be a Direct Mini. The fact so many credible names are still backing it tells me that it's still happening soon
What, an actual, general Direct?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So, one of the insiders is now saying it's a Mini

View attachment 278961

And the guy who always shows up on RE when a Direct is about to happen backs that up

View attachment 278962

And... the nightmare scenario, another guessing game

View attachment 278964

Ahahahahahaha END ME
I never would have guessed in a million years that Ron Paul would be part of the Smash leaking scene lol!

Palutena was an E3 Direct reveal over Pac-Man, Geno is definitely E3 material.
That's what I was trying to tell Icewolff92 Icewolff92 and CannonStreak CannonStreak several days ago. If Palutena can be a E3 reveal than so can Geno.

Ridley had at least five threads, two of which were private.

Ridley threads kept getting locked, mods were stricter on them compared to this one.

Combining them would probably take the page count up to at least 5000 or 6000 pages.
DAMN!!! I didn't know about that. I remember looking through the Brawl archive and the owner of the Krystal thread making a new one and saying they ditched the old thread because it got too big and it had over 600 pages. I wonder if that was true.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I have a feeling that as Nintendo continues to be pointlessly secretive, when this Direct finally happens, it will either not meet any of the expectation levels or be completely disappointing in every aspect. I can see them avoiding to discuss the big name franchises, hyping up and going into extended detail on Day One Walmart Bargain Bin Games, and just saying that character 7 'is coming someday.' Basically, Nintendo has lost my confidence that they can market properly.

Yea, I'm a bit jaded, in combination with how this year is literally striving to ruin everything and with Nintendo being frustratingly silent.

Heoj

Smash Ace
If we get a direct announcement its most likely going to be announced tomorrow aka monday morning in japan time.

Or its a shadowdroped mini direct

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Congratulations on 3000! Yep, I missed it because I passed out on the couch.

Y'all ready for some real tinfoil ****? What if... All the Smash events since March were related to upcoming announcements? :troll: I just think it's funny that we got a spaceship tournament and then F-Zero of all things potentially gets leaked. There's other stuff too that I've seen people comment on like the DK vs Kirby tournament awhile back. I don't think Nintendo would be THIS cheeky but it's something fun while we wait for the Direct announcement.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Congratulations on 3000! Yep, I missed it because I passed out on the couch.

Y'all ready for some real tinfoil ****? What if... All the Smash events since March were related to upcoming announcements? :troll: I just think it's funny that we got a spaceship tournament and then F-Zero of all things potentially gets leaked. There's other stuff too that I've seen people comment on like the DK vs Kirby tournament awhile back. I don't think Nintendo would be THIS cheeky but it's something fun while we wait for the Direct announcement.
You passed out on the couch? What were you drinking? :troll: :p

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Fair enough on that regard, but the whole notion of that he has to be seven because of the "Seven Star" in SMRPG tittle, is still just ridiculous. He can be the last one as far as we know
Character 11 position is essentially a death sentence to about 95% of the gaming roster. Its THE last spot, the end to the biggest Smash game ever that will probably never to met in future games. This is it. Only a very few characters can fill that spot without the Smash base ready to violently eat each other and Nintendo alive.

I'd rather Geno not be in that spot. It needs to be a big name popular 'never-ever' character, like Master Chief.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
*Nintendo finally tweets announcing a Nintendo Direct due on July 20th*

Be sure to tune in on Monday, July 20th at 1 PM PT for about two hours of news on games, focusing on Super Mario's 35th Anniversary as well as other upcoming games.

"I have a dream..." :2gud:

Last edited:

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
Fair enough on that regard, but the whole notion of that he has to be seven because of the "Seven Star" in SMRPG tittle, is still just ridiculous. He can be the last one as far as we know
At the risk of speaking for others, I'm pretty sure absolutely no one here stated worry if he's not soon because of those theories. It's usually more on the fact that a lot our current speculation (and previous speculation too) is very time sensitive, rumored leaks in particular usually have expiration dates.

The seven stars thing is more of a "hey that's neat" and pretty much that.

Character 11 position is essentially a death sentence to about 95% of the gaming roster. Its THE last spot, the end to the biggest Smash game ever that will probably never to met in future games. This is it. Only a very few characters can fill that spot without the Smash base ready to violently eat each other and Nintendo al.
Thank Fire Emblem for taking that bullet again :ultpacman:

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I woke up to like 7-8 new pages and I thought there was another leak lol. 3000 pages huh? way to go geno gang you never cease to impress

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I don't think Nintendo would be THIS cheeky but it's something fun while we wait for the Direct announcement.
The only cheekiness thing Nintendo has done in the past year has been mooning people asking for news.

People are theorizing that Nintendo is doing big brain David Xanatos 4D chess level of planning, and I'm just here asking Nintendo to not be stupid.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Character 11 position is essentially a death sentence to about 95% of the gaming roster. Its THE last spot, the end to the biggest Smash game ever that will probably never to met in future games. This is it. Only a very few characters can fill that spot without the Smash base ready to violently eat each other and Nintendo alive.

I'd rather Geno not be in that spot. It needs to be a big name popular 'never-ever' character, like Master Chief.
I agree. I believe the last newcomer for this game absolutely has to be either Master Chief, Sora, or Waluigi. And yes, there is room for both Geno and Sora to both be in FP2. The assumption only one fighter per 3rd party company can be in a Pass is just a fan rule that doesn't mean anything.

Last edited:

Nicnac

Smash Ace
The only cheekiness thing Nintendo has done in the past year has been mooning people asking for news.

People are theorizing that Nintendo is doing big brain David Xanatos 4D chess level of planning, and I'm just here asking Nintendo to not be stupid.
We think they're playing chess when really they can't open the packaging of a game of UNO.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
At the risk of speaking for others, I'm pretty sure absolutely no one here stated worry if he's not soon because of those theories. It's usually more on the fact that a lot our current speculation (and previous speculation too) is very time sensitive, rumored leaks in particular usually have expiration dates.

The seven stars thing is more of a "hey that's neat" and pretty much that.

Thank Fire Emblem for taking that bullet again :ultpacman:
I have seen way more then one saying "if he isn´t fighter 7 or 8. then its time to worry".... and that is just facepalm worthy for me

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
I have seen way more then one saying "if he isn´t fighter 7 or 8. then its time to worry".... and that is just facepalm worthy for me
It's not cause of the seven stars thing though. It has everything thing to do with many rumors supporting Geno being fairly time sensitive, as most of those are.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Looks like Gamexplain is going all in on this rumored Direct.
I really can't stand it when they do super long videos of them just talking. I'm a white dude and I kind of agree that the white dude podcast stereotype is in full force in videos like this. White dudes? With opinions? On the INTERNET?!? Who WOULDN'T want to listen to that for an hour?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Work has sucked this week. Masks are now mandatory in my city and I mostly do physical labor. Yesterday the heat index was 105 so it's tiring in its own right.
Yeah, I figured. I was just kidding around with you on the drinking part.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Looks like Gamexplain is going all in on this rumored Direct.
Pretty interesting how GameXplain is going hard on this Direct. I haven't watched the video yet, but I would pay close attention to who they predict for CP7.

Just saying, I'm not trying to treat them like they know 100% for sure who CP7 is, but they WERE like the only ones predicting a Fire Emblem: Three Houses rep for CP5 and that turned out accurate. Hopefully they have some sort of information on who CP7 is.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So Fatman, I've heard people been saying that Sakurai said the FP2 fighters are our last newcomers for Ultimate and FP2 is the end of the long hard working road that they started all the way back during the beginning of Smash 4's development in 2012 all the way to 2021. Any thoughts if true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom