• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray102396

Smash Apprentice
Here's the photo of the playlist, as you can it was updated 5 days ago: View attachment 279067
I'm confused... There's a video in that playlist that was streamed 9 hours ago, a tournament stream, shouldn't it say updated 9 hours ago? Or if you can put streams in playlists before they happen, couldn't it have just been them adding that stream to it? I want to believe it means a character, but it's not enough just by itself.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm confused... There's a video in that playlist that was streamed 9 hours ago, a tournament stream, shouldn't it say updated 9 hours ago? Or if you can put streams in playlists before they happen, couldn't it have just been them adding that stream to it? I want to believe it means a character, but it's not enough just by itself.
It's the Japanese playlist

Supirorguy

Smash Cadet
Unfortunately, the only official merch of Geno made was an obscure keychain. LSuperSonicQ did a real good hunt for an official Geno plush, but nothing was ever found. Nightram56 has documented the keychains and plush set very well.

Oh it's sooooooo cute, it is from that collection whichs Mario, Mallow, Boshi and a star, right?
Plop Twist: This plushie is the Geno's fighter spirit

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice With rumors of the Direct being labeled as a "Mini" (or it just being smaller length wise due to there being less 3rd party announcements possibly), do you still think #7 and #8 will be revealed? (I know you thought maybe #9 too, but I gotta be honest and say I think that's a pie in the sky idea.)

Personally, #7 being revealed is a no-brainer, but #8 too makes me unsure...

Also, when a Direct is officially revealed (or maybe like Sunday night) will you do a full predictions list for the Direct?

Last edited:

Supirorguy

Smash Cadet
Hmm, might have to sit down and collaborate with him some on a predictions list later tonight.

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice With rumors of the Direct being labeled as a "Mini" (or it just being smaller length wise due to there being less 3rd party announcements possibly), do you still think #7 and #8 will be revealed? (I know you thought maybe #9 too, but I gotta be honest and say I think that's a pie in the sky idea.)

Also, when a Direct is officially revealed (or maybe like Sunday night) will you do a full predictions list for the Direct?

CB Johnny

Smash Rookie
Okay, that commercial proposal made me sob. Holy ****. The Geno costume was a delightful touch but that whole store hit all the right beats and I broke down. I'm saving that on my 'emergency tearjerkers' grief list.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Oh wow this place passed 3000!!! Now the long (star) road to 9999...
Nah man, 7777 would be the most notable one.

Though we don't need that long anyway, because we'll have Geno in Smash long before then :)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

By "Mini" I think they mean it won't be longer than half an hour which is perfectly fine and allows plenty of announcements. As for a prediction list, I usually don't like doing them because people like to zero in on what I get wrong and then use it as justification to call me a fraud-conman-liar-communist-pigdog-ratfink-turd burglar-milksop-gringo-igit-DMV worker-metrosexual-Geno supporter.

NukeLaBelle

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nukenai
Speaking of Geno merch. I wanted to mention that the keychain isn't the ONLY official Geno merch that was made-- there's also a series of tiny, mono-color "eraser"-type figures of a LOT of the characters from SMRPG, including bosses. I managed to get my hands on the red figure of Geno. There's also a blue one in his standard arms-down blah pose, but I didn't have the money at the time for both and haven't seen it resurface other than in a lot of 20 of them for $500. :(

But here's my little red guy for reference, he's the tiniest part of my slightly wacky collection of Geno Stuff(tm)

Edit: he's about an inch tall in case you were wondering.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If geno is ever actually revealed, yours is the first reaction vid I wanna watch
When Geno get's revealed, I want to see this guy's reaction first:

Literally just his ass. :troll: "Yeah man, I'm a Mallow's Ass main. Best Mallow's Ass player in the tristate area."
I'M A ASS MAN!!! Scooby doo by doo! Da doo by doo!

Last edited:

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
Unrelated a bit, but I see a lot of people meme about how no one knows who Geno is, but to be honest I actually believe that Geno is the exact level of popularity of what to expect for a Fighter Pass character. The only Fighter Pass character up to this point with a universal presence in pop culture in all regions is Joker, and even then Persona isn't the most well known franchise out there. Banjo-Kazooie, Terry Bogard, Min Min, etc. are all known enough but they aren't like Steve from Minecraft or Master Chief or Sora levels of well known. I actually think Geno fits a lot more nicely into that level of relevance (high internet notoriety but maybe not the most well known character) than a lot of what people are expecting.

And since Min Min was the first character of this pass, who wasn't even a cover character from the one game she was in 3 years ago, I don't see why people are expecting the biggest gaming icons to be coming in now. Geno would fit perfectly. Not to say that these big characters don't stand a chance (since I definitely could see a big name slipping in) but the relevancy thing never made any sense to me personally.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of Geno merch. I wanted to mention that the keychain isn't the ONLY official Geno merch that was made-- there's also a series of tiny, mono-color "eraser"-type figures of a LOT of the characters from SMRPG, including bosses. I managed to get my hands on the red figure of Geno. There's also a blue one in his standard arms-down blah pose, but I didn't have the money at the time for both and haven't seen it resurface other than in a lot of 20 of them for $500. :(

But here's my little red guy for reference, he's the tiniest part of my slightly wacky collection of Geno Stuff(tm)

Edit: he's about an inch tall in case you were wondering.

I love little things like these. I think the only other SMRPG one I saw was of a Chained Kong. It was orange and in the same pose as the sprite/render of the enemy was.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
AdamBel731 AdamBel731 Plus it's a weird situation. Smash has averaged three reveals over the years and last year was only two so technically at least two is a basic expectation. Because of how strange this year has been, there's also nothing that says they all have to be revealed in the same presentation. There was a notable gap between the 2013 and 2014 reveals so for all we know "8" could be revealed later that day or even later that week. Beyond that, the next Direct isn't until probably October so I suppose they don't have to do a huge dump now but it's hard to say exactly.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Best Mallow's Ass player in the tristate area."
...Did you say the tristate area?

IMG_20191225_111349.jpg

AdamBel731 AdamBel731 Plus it's a weird situation. Smash has averaged three reveals over the years and last year was only two so technically at least two is a basic expectation. Because of how strange this year has been, there's also nothing that says they all have to be revealed in the same presentation. There was a notable gap between the 2013 and 2014 reveals so for all we know "8" could be revealed later that day or even later that week. Beyond that, the next Direct isn't until probably October so I suppose they don't have to do a huge dump now but it's hard to say exactly.
And yeah, I get that. I don't blame you for thinking there'll be more than one. I just am tempering my expectations since Nintendo have been all over the place this year. Shame you can't upload a predictions list with people jumping down your throat ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) but oh well, your thoughts are still interesting to hear no matter what form they take.

xNovaNebulax

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else here happen to see CuteMonsterProps' amazing Geno statue? Somehow I managed to snag one and it's gorgeous in person. I feel so lucky to have it. The guy is honestly very cool in general and I recommend checking out his other awesome statues and stuff.
do you mean like, the one where hes standing on one of those blue moon things on the star haven (i think thats the name

Supirorguy

Smash Cadet
I personally think it will just be Fighter 7. Which I think will most likely sting. Maybe some will hurt more than others.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Like I keep saying, your basic E3 reveal equation is at least one or two fan favorites and then a big third party icon. What I'm stuck on is the third party icon. Still going with Chief or Crash as the "big" reveals of Season 2 but I don't know if they would be ballsy enough to try both this week or they would save one (likely Crash) for the Fall Direct in October. This then begs the question of Lloyd's timing because technically he could be a December announcement since the 25th anniversary of Tales is that month but would it just be like Byleth's presentation or...?

pinshadow

Smash Lord
If it IS a mini, were only getting one character, plain and simple. If it is a full direct, which we will know by tommorrow morning, 2 is possible but still go in with low expectations.

Still though, with the new icon getting removed it really implies a full reveal, and if they do shadowdrop it, if they shadowdrop GENO, or anyone else big for that matter, Nintendo's marketing team has completely lost it. How hard is it to just announce a stream, even if it's a mini direct? Seriously Nintendo.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Like I keep saying, your basic E3 reveal equation is at least one or two fan favorites and then a big third party icon. What I'm stuck on is the third party icon. Still going with Chief or Crash as the "big" reveals of Season 2 but I don't know if they would be ballsy enough to try both this week or they would save one (likely Crash) for the Fall Direct in October. This then begs the question of Lloyd's timing because technically he could be a December announcement since the 25th anniversary of Tales is that month but would it just be like Byleth's presentation or...?
Any other time I'd say Chief in Smash is some kind of crazy stuff they'd save for the end, but this is a really interesting time in the world of Halo right now (Halo 3 PC released on the 14th, Halo Infinite gameplay for the first time on the 23rd). A joint Geno/Chief reveal would be mind boggling to say the least

Last edited:

xNovaNebulax

Smash Journeyman
i am trying SO hard to keep my hopes down about this, i want him to come but i dont wanna be dissapointed help meee ;w;

JoscarGamma

Smash Apprentice
Reading through the past few comments, if there are rumors for the Rare Replay and Master Chief Collection getting revealed during this upcoming direct, makes it sound like maybe Geno and Master Chief would have been revealed at E3, and would therefore be the next two announced. Then the remaining three would be Crash, Lloyd, and finally Capcom (since they were the last to cross the finish line)

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I really think you are shooting a bit high here mate, mostly because you seem to be really stuck on the idea that "well it's E3 so they have to do two reveals!". But it's not E3. It's just a normal direct, maybe not even that, maybe just a mini. We know development stalled a bit, we know release dates for characters have been shoved back, so don't you think it's a little rational to assume maybe they might try spreading out the reveals a bit? Do you really expect them to shadowdrop not one, but TWO Smash characters if it is indeed a mini direct?

xNovaNebulax

Smash Journeyman
I really think you are shooting a bit high here mate, mostly because you seem to be really stuck on the idea that "well it's E3 so they have to do two reveals!". But it's not E3. It's just a normal direct, maybe not even that, maybe just a mini. We know development stalled a bit, we know release dates for characters have been shoved back, so don't you think it's a little rational to assume maybe they might try spreading out the reveals a bit? Do you really expect them to shadowdrop not one, but TWO Smash characters if it is indeed a mini direct?
i was thinking it'd be only one too. itd be kinda silly to have 2 reveals in a mini direct. if that DID happen it would leave the rest of the reveals after abit.. lackluster? -shrug-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom