• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Going to be really cathartic when everyone realizes that the fact his costume didn't come back with Hero meant he was going to be in the game. With the very speculative assumption that he'll be shown on the 20th, it will have been year less 10 days since they very unsubtlely nodded to us that Geno is in Smash (Sakurai Presents: Hero was July 30th, 2019)

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
The one argument on this I've seen commonly brought up is that Square Enix would likely rather have another character in Smash that would be more "relevant" and "beneficial" for them, like 2B or Lara Croft... which falls flat on its face when you remember that Square Enix isn't in charge of picking the Fighters Pass characters.

Instead, according to Sakurai at least, Nintendo is doing the picking, and considering that they keep re-releasing Super Mario RPG (which essentially requires Square Enix's permission, and it also implies that they know the game is popular enough to justify doing so), as well as also picking the characters for the previous pass (meaning Joker, Banjo, and Terry were their choice, not Sakurai's or anyone else's), I think Geno getting in through Nintendo's choice isn't as far-fetched as some would believe.
Trying to view from neutral point... tbf, MS signaled okay for Banjo. (Actively encouraging it) so it wasn't just Nintendo that chose. We still don't know how much SE wants to push Geno.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Trying to view from neutral point... tbf, MS signaled okay for Banjo. (Actively encouraging it) so it wasn't just Nintendo that chose. We still don't know how much SE wants to push Geno.
It was, however, Sakurai's choice to get Cloud over any of the other FF protags that SE offered instead

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
To be fair, it's still Nintendo's decision in the end, and Banjo & Kazooie were backed up by fan demand (although Nintendo was surprised by the reaction to their reveal so idk). If they want Geno and aren't willing to settle for anyone else, I'm sure they'll get Geno, especially since Square already has two of their biggest franchises in the game and have no real reason to completely deny them.

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
I'm sure this is like preaching to the choir, here, but there's something innately magical about this song. Like, we all know that the Forest Maze isn't really all that big, but when coupled with this song it feels not exactly 'vast', but 'deep'. Like it's ever expanding inwards. If I listened to this for an hour straight and then someone told me that there was a whole extra town and dungeon hidden somewhere in there that just hasn't been found yet, I think I might actually believe it.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
I'm sure this is like preaching to the choir, here, but there's something innately magical about this song. Like, we all know that the Forest Maze isn't really all that big, but when coupled with this song it feels not exactly 'vast', but 'deep'. Like it's ever expanding inwards. If I listened to this for an hour straight and then someone told me that there was a whole extra town and dungeon hidden somewhere in there that just hasn't been found yet, I think I might actually believe it.
When I recently replayed the game, I was surprised how short it actually is. Like 20 hours, but it´s full fun filled 20 hours. All Killer, No Filler. And yet, there is a sense of grandeur to the whole thing.
Personally, I think it´s the black backgrounds on most of the game. It gives them a sense of theatricality, that the Paper franchise kept with.

Griselda

Smash Lord
When I recently replayed the game, I was surprised how short it actually is. Like 20 hours, but it´s full fun filled 20 hours. All Killer, No Filler. And yet, there is a sense of grandeur to the whole thing.
Personally, I think it´s the black backgrounds on most of the game. It gives them a sense of theatricality, that the Paper franchise kept with.
This is probably an odd thing, but for how many times I've played SMRPG, I've actually never beaten it. I've made it to Smithy like twice and just stopped. Sometimes I'll start it up again and get to Land's End and stop there, sometimes I only play up to Geno.

QQS

Smash Lord
This is probably an odd thing, but for how many times I've played SMRPG, I've actually never beaten it. I've made it to Smithy like twice and just stopped. Sometimes I'll start it up again and get to Land's End and stop there, sometimes I only play up to Geno.
We can replay it plenty of times very soon in the Switch library when Geno gets announced as a playable fighter :)

Griselda

Smash Lord
We can replay it plenty of times very soon in the Switch library when Geno gets announced as a playable fighter :)
To be honest, that's probably the only reason I'd even bother getting Switch Online.

QQS

Smash Lord
A0CAE797-85E6-40E6-8929-FCA2C5BBC50A.jpeg

Credits to artist please. I think it’s called FuraFura :)

GENO AWAKENS!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ah man, I just been hearing about the stuff going on in the smash community today. Some messed up crap. They got that Sky Williams guy practically doing the same thing as Final Fantasy House and all the while he's apparently using Geno's name on his twitter page.

D

Deleted member

Saw some flack in the Social thread. Let’s just say they probably think the thread is crazy and we hear only what we want to hear. Not gonna call any names, but I will say that is bull. Like the 7 theory and the SMRPG SNES online. We all know how 7 theory turned out and I realized the SNES online may not necessarily hint Geno but I see it as possibility for promotional material but unlikely we will see. I’ve been on this thread for over a week and you guys seem pretty chill. I’ve seen you guys disagree with something everyday from what I’ve seen regarding a hint or theory regarding Geno. The 7 theory we were talking about this for fun and I believe a lot of us were doubting it. When it comes to things being a reach, that’s part of speculation. It should be criticized but not disrespectfully. I remember people saying Dante might be 5 because of DMC announcements. Overwatch on Switch doesn’t mean Tracer is coming, Nintendo talking to Bethesda doesn’t make a Bethesda character confirmed, Rayman deconfirmed because he was in Brawlhala, etc. The rest of the Smash fanbase are no different from us from making some reaches and this is OK taking shots at us? I guess it’s not worth listening to some of these users. Anyway, I think Geno might be in. I don’t care what these guys think.

Last edited by a moderator:

TTF

Smash Journeyman
Ah man, I just been hearing about the stuff going on in the smash community today. Some messed up crap. They got that Sky Williams guy practically doing the same thing as Final Fantasy House and all the while he's apparently using Geno's name on his twitter page.
Oh jeez a Final Fantasy House situation now??
You know I never got the whole 'competitive Smash community' thing, after seeing and hearing everything going down glad my gut told me not to.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
My main concern with all this recent Competitive stuff is that I fear people are gonna be deleting historically important Major Tournaments and matches because it features these people.

D

Deleted member

Saw some flack in the Social thread. Let’s just say they probably think the thread is crazy and we hear only what we want to hear. Not gonna call any names, but I will say that is bull. Like the 7 theory and the SMRPG SNES online. We all know how 7 theory turned out and I realized the SNES online may not necessarily hint Geno but I see it as possibility for promotional material but unlikely we will see. I’ve been on this thread for over a week and you guys seem pretty chill. I’ve seen you you guys disagree with something everyday from what I’ve seen regarding a hint or theory regarding Geno. The 7 theory we were talking about this for fun and I believe a lot of us were doubting it. When it comes to things being a reach, that’s part of speculation. It should be criticized but not disrespectfully. I remember people saying Dante might be 5 because of DMC announcements. Overwatch on Switch doesn’t mean Tracer is coming, Nintendo talking to Bethesda doesn’t make a Bethesda character confirmed, Rayman deconfirmed because he was in Brawlhala, etc. The rest of the Smash fanbase are no different from us from making some reaches and this is OK taking shots at us? I guess it’s not worth listening to some of these users. Anyway, I think Geno might be in. I don’t care what these guys think.
Those people can be disgusting. And it's always the same people.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Don't think about it too hard man, I doubt the scandal would affect the dude's chances. There have been some other atrocious or really ****ty things that happened under the name of a [insert character here] for Smash supporter. It'll come and go and change nothing by the end of things.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
Why? Curse of the deleted saves?
It´s just weird to stop, but it does happen to me. Ocarina has that story with me. Always till the Ice level as adult link. Never finished it. That said, I love both OOT and SMRPG ending credits sequences

Griselda

Smash Lord
Why? Curse of the deleted saves?
It´s just weird to stop, but it does happen to me. Ocarina has that story with me. Always till the Ice level as adult link. Never finished it. That said, I love both OOT and SMRPG ending credits sequences
Other things come up and I get distracted, I start other games and forget, etc. Another part of it is that I have SMRPG on four-ish consoles. And also that whenever I stay away from an RPG too long it feels weird jumping back in, so I usually just start over.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
How long til we can expect people to ask him on Twitter about making a Down the Rabbit Hole on any of these Smash competitors?
He is probably already bombed about DMs about that. I know he said how his DMs were flooded after the Channel Awesome allegations, so I would be surprised if there will be nothing here.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Again, the competitive Smash scene only makes up a small portion of the playerbase, and a lot of people that wanted Geno weren't scummy like that. We shouldn't let that taint our enjoyment of the game or the character

Andwooooo

Smash Journeyman
Allegedly the 20th for the Direct, which sounds great because it gives us more time to hit 3000 pages, BUT! If we’re getting NSO announcements, why so soon after the other NSO announcement? Wouldn’t it be better just to lump them all together—especially with a heavy hitter like DKC?

The 14th would’ve made more sense so they could shadowdrop the other NSO games the following day, but I digress.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Saw some flack in the Social thread. Let’s just say they probably think the thread is crazy and we hear only what we want to hear. Not gonna call any names, but I will say that is bull. Like the 7 theory and the SMRPG SNES online. We all know how 7 theory turned out and I realized the SNES online may not necessarily hint Geno but I see it as possibility for promotional material but unlikely we will see. I’ve been on this thread for over a week and you guys seem pretty chill. I’ve seen you guys disagree with something everyday from what I’ve seen regarding a hint or theory regarding Geno. The 7 theory we were talking about this for fun and I believe a lot of us were doubting it. When it comes to things being a reach, that’s part of speculation. It should be criticized but not disrespectfully. I remember people saying Dante might be 5 because of DMC announcements. Overwatch on Switch doesn’t mean Tracer is coming, Nintendo talking to Bethesda doesn’t make a Bethesda character confirmed, Rayman deconfirmed because he was in Brawlhala, etc. The rest of the Smash fanbase are no different from us from making some reaches and this is OK taking shots at us? I guess it’s not worth listening to some of these users. Anyway, I think Geno might be in. I don’t care what these guys think.
Y'all only just now realizing how toxic the social boards are?

Needless to say, there's many reasons why I left this site for a long time, and this is one of them lol. Props to the people there who ARE shooting down people being up in arms because those damn Geno fans, look at them BREATHING, I HATE them.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
So, potential Direct on July 20th. Murmurs that character 7 is a potential Mario character. Origami King comes out three days before this. Some DLC has been used as tie-ins for games.

Is it possible?

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792
So, potential Direct on July 20th. Murmurs that character 7 is a potential Mario character. Origami King comes out three days before this. Some DLC has been used as tie-ins for games.

Is it possible?
“Paper Waluigi in a Blue Cape joins the battle!”

Also I’ve been awol for a few days - where’s this info about murmurs that character 7 is from Mario? I’m just gonna scroll back a few pages...

Last edited:

Andwooooo

Smash Journeyman

Is it possible?
PM Geno + Mallow DLC lookin more and more likely!

This Direct focusing exclusively on Mario stuff would explain why Nintendo told 3rd Parties not to send them anything until September.

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
PREACH! I posted my predictions in the newcomer thread to see what they had to think and as soon as I mentioned Geno in my predictions, EVERYONE started going at me saying that this stuff in Geno's favor means nothing and that he will never be in Smash. I just don't get why Tracer supporters are allowed to stretch by thinking an Overwatch Switch case meant something for Tracer being in Smash, or how Dante supporters were allowed to stretch by thinking several DMC announcements meant for sure that Dante is Fighter #5, but as soon as us Geno supporters make a stretching theory, it somehow isn't okay? I don't understand what the Smash community has against us. We haven't done anything to them to deserve getting treated this way. People also acted like this to Ridley supporters, K. Rool supporters and Banjo supporters and yet, they were the ones that came out victoriously. People wonder why this along with the Ridley, K. Rool and Banjo threads are as big as they are and that's because people make fun of us everywhere else on the website so this is like our "safe space", where Geno supporters can come together and speculate about Smash without some jerk saying our character will never happen.

I would just ignore them all together. I have learned that if the Smash community says a character will never happen, 10 times out of 10 that character will most likely happen.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I never understood why people are like that. Clearly not everyone has to want or like the same characters, but like, let the people that like them, like them. Unless I’m mistaken, there aren’t people from this thread that go into general threads and force people to want to like Geno (or any other character). There’s no harm from people like us wanting him in there, or any character, even impossible ones like Goku or whatever. It’s Nintendo’s choice in the end, it’s not like 50 people on a U.S. board of a niche website is going to make any difference at all. A little speculation, realistic or not (though I think the list of evidence and details is convincing enough personally that he has a shot), is doing no harm.

It’s like anything in life, if you don’t like it, don’t involve yourself. Don’t like hamburgers? Don’t go into a hamburger shop saying how bad or stupid hamburgers are. The internet is a weird place, haha.

Same thing happened with Banjo, yet here we are. I’m hoping Geno makes it, mostly for all of the fans here that want him, and whether his chances are good or not, they’re definitely not 0, and that was enough to hold onto for me with Banjo.

Hopefully the next direct gives us some good news.

MattX20

Smash Hero

Needless to say, there's many reasons why I left this site for a long time, and this is one of them lol. Props to the people there who ARE shooting down people being up in arms because those damn Geno fans, look at them BREATHING, I HATE them.
Yep, and there is going to be some toxicity when/if Geno is confirmed. Not Byleth levels, but it'll still be there

D

Deleted member

Best you can do is report them, and hope the mod team does something about it. Let's be honest, they probably won't, but it's worth a shot at least.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

tumblr_o6o2jg3fh81swrra1o1_1462388956_cover.jpg

>When the Geno fanbase is at it again and they drive you to drink.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Tell me about it. I actually made a PM between some members here who go to this Geno thread about Fatmanonice Fatmanonice . Basically, I said that the others from other threads say that we listen to Fatman because we want to hear what we want to hear. That said, I went on and said that that is just a facade, the outside appearance of things. Appearances can be deceiving. I was pretty sure what the others from other threads said was not the case, and there is more to why we listened to Fatman than they think. I then asked for the other reasons as to why. The ones I PMed gave good reasons, including that he puts time and thought into these theories of his and he is a good friend/good guy. It's the case that the outsiders who aren't a part of this thread don't seem to know us or Fatmanonice well.

This kind of generalization is uncivilized.

D

Deleted member

It does tend to be the same people.

Tell me about it. I actually made a PM between some members here who go to this Geno thread about Fatmanonice Fatmanonice . Basically, I said that the others from other threads say that we listen to Fatman because we want to hear what we want to hear. That said, I went on and said that that is just a facade, the outside appearance of things. Appearances can be deceiving. I was pretty sure what the others from other threads said was not the case, and there is more to why we listened to Fatman than they think. I then asked for the other reasons as to why. The ones I PMed gave good reasons, including that he puts time and thought into these theories of his and he is a good friend/good guy. It's the case that the outsiders who aren't a part of this thread don't seem to know us or Fatmanonice well.

This kind of generalization is uncivilized.
And the kind of generalization that is actively harming the fanbase. And the type of generalization that can even be encouraged.

You see anyone calling us a cult? I'd report that straight away. If I did that to the Sora fanbase, or Steve fanbase, people would be up in arms. And like I said, it's the same people.

Make it clear that this is *not* okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom