• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I’m gonna be honest, speculating based on amiibo restocks of all things is...filmsy....but we don’t have anything better to do.
That's just part of the equation. If it was just that then the restocks wouldn't mean much but they tie into bigger pieces of information that have been floating around awhile. For example, the DK Amiibo not being rereleased yet ties into rumors and big pieces of information that have come out since November and the DK series has kind of reach a boiling point where at least one major announcement concerning the series is coming soon and I definitely entertain the possibility that one of them could be Smash related.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I still stand by the idea that expecting bonus characters is extremely wishful thinking. I figured at this point we'd have learned to trust what Sakurai says? "We kind of hope you aren't expecting too many new challengers", yet people didn't listen and ended up expecting them to reveal 4-5 new characters and 2 echoes in the final Smash direct due to the Grinch leak, which regardless of what surrounded it, didn't add up based on what Sakurai said. Now he and Nintendo seem to be making it crystal clear that "Yep, these 6 are it, these are all we are working on right now, nothing else, once they are done Smash Ultimate will be complete" and yet here we are with people speculating over bonus characters. I'll admit, the extra stage row is kinda convincing but at the same time it feels way to early to gleam anything from it.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I still stand by the idea that expecting bonus characters is extremely wishful thinking. I figured at this point we'd have learned to trust what Sakurai says? "We kind of hope you aren't expecting too many new challengers", yet people didn't listen and ended up expecting them to reveal 4-5 new characters and 2 echoes in the final Smash direct due to the Grinch leak, which regardless of what surrounded it, didn't add up based on what Sakurai said. Now he and Nintendo seem to be making it crystal clear that "Yep, these 6 are it, these are all we are working on right now, nothing else, once they are done Smash Ultimate will be complete" and yet here we are with people speculating over bonus characters. I'll admit, the extra stage row is kinda convincing but at the same time it feels way to early to gleam anything from it.
I mean, to be honest a Fighter's Pass 2 was kind of wishful thinking before they announced it. We were so uncertain if Fighter's Pass 1 was the end of the DLC or not until they announced Terry and more DLC.

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
I'll stick in the camp that "Bonus Characters" is basically gonna be Fighter's Pass 3 characters and not sold separately unless you decide you want that character in the pack.

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman

July 20th, there should be some type of Nintendo Direct or presentation.
If you don't know who Kelios is, they're a French Twitter account with a good source who said there'll be a AC direct in February, and a Direct on March 26th.
(I should state these claims were made BEFORE Jeff Grubb said anything)

NateDrake has been backing this rumor, but NOW, Nate seems to be hearing about this presentation now.

It's happening.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

July 20th, there should be some type of Nintendo Direct or presentation.
If you don't know who Kelios is, they're a French Twitter account with a good source who said there'll be a AC direct in February, and a Direct on March 26th.
(I should state these claims were made BEFORE Jeff Grubb said anything)

NateDrake has been backing this rumor, but NOW, Nate seems to be hearing about this presentation now.

It's happening.
Here we go boys! It could be Geno time!

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I mean, to be honest a Fighter's Pass 2 was kind of wishful thinking before they announced it. We were so uncertain if Fighter's Pass 1 was the end of the DLC or not until they announced Terry and more DLC.
Not really? Uncertain, sure, but they never acted like Fighter Pass 1 was meant to be this big final thing. I always assumed they would do more DLC, the game sold gangbusters and so did the Pass, pretty much every fighting game under the sun does Season 2 these days, why wouldn't Nintendo? I think theres a big difference between that and expecting bonus characters to come alongside Fighters Pass 2.

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I'm of the opinion that a Fighters Pass 3 or some individual "bonus" DLC is not guaranteed, but still possible. Nintendo and the developers likely went into Fighters Pass 2 thinking this will be it for Ultimate... and that might very well be the case, but there's also the chance that they'll change their minds partway through. Maybe Fighters Pass 2 will sell well enough to justify another one, or maybe the developers feel like there's still some missing characters they need to add in, or maybe there's an upcoming Switch release and Nintendo wants a character from said release to be Smash DLC...

Regardless, if we're getting any additional DLC after Fighters Pass 2, we're likely not gonna find out until around Fighter 9's reveal.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Not really? Uncertain, sure, but they never acted like Fighter Pass one was meant to be this big final thing. I always assumed they would do more DLC, the game sold gangbusters and so did the Pass, pretty much every fighting game under the sun does Season 2 these days, why wouldn't Nintendo? I think theres a big difference between that and expecting bonus characters to come alongside the Fighters Pass.
I knew we were probably getting another Season, but a lot of people thought Season 1 was it before Terry. And honestly, there isn't a big difference between Season Passes and bonus DLC. Sure, Plant was definitely going to be in base game but didn't make due to time constraints, but if we got 1 bonus DLC character already, it isn't impossible for us to get more between or after FP2.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
People can take my theorycrafting however they want but I wanted to put it out there. When I say stuff or speculate, I try to map out why to the best of my abilities because everybody resents the "dude, just trust me" angle that often comes with insider stuff. I try to be open and honest with my line of thinking plus I like having other people involved to ask questions or even question it because, as you all have seen, I rarely get things 100% right and there's always cravats of some kind. If you take absolutely everything I say at face value, you're entirely missing the point of speculation to begin with.

Antho

Smash Apprentice
I think we’re at least getting one bonus character. They’d be perfect to bring back past stages if they do it, and I don’t think the “Individual DLC” section of the Smash website would only have Piranha Plant... then again, this is the same company that put the words “Extra Game Styles” in SMM2 and then only had one style in the form of SM3DW.

Last edited:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
People can take my theorycrafting however they want but I wanted to put it out there. When I say stuff or speculate, I try to map out why to the best of my abilities because everybody resents the "dude, just trust me" angle that often comes with insider stuff. I try to be open and honest with my line of thinking plus I like having other people involved to ask questions or even question it because, as you all have seen, I rarely get things 100% right and there's always cravats of some kind. If you take absolutely everything I say at face value, you're entirely missing the point of speculation to begin with.
So at the moment you're predicting Geno, Waluigi, Lloyd Irving, Dixie Kong, a Capcom character, and what else? Dixie Kong seems to be a newer one for you that I don't recall you talking about much in the past. If she got in, I'd be stoked because honestly she's overdue.

(Also can you please link the post you make in the Dixie Kong thread in here once you make it?)

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I knew we were probably getting another Season, but a lot of people thought Season 1 was it before Terry. And honestly, there isn't a big difference between Season Passes and bonus DLC. Sure, Plant was definitely going to be in base game but didn't make due to time constraints, but if we got 1 bonus DLC character already, it isn't impossible for us to get more between or after FP2.
After Fighter Pass 2 is one thing, but the way the theory is being presented assumes the characters will come alongside Pass 2, which still really doesn't add up to me. Everything Nintendo and Sakurai have said and done present the idea that they only have Six Characters planned right now. Six Challenger Packs, all avaliable to purchase right now and numbered in order to 11, so they aren't just going to release another one in the middle. Six empty DLC slots on the website from the moment they announced Pass 2, along with the stage page with Six empty stage slots (infact inspecting the images has them all labeled to their respective Challenger Packs 6-11, just like Pass 1's stages are, so they really don't seem to be planning to add any other stages before Pass 2 is done.) Sakurai even saying in the Min Min presentation they promise to get "5 more fighters", seriously I don't understand where this high confidence in bonus characters/packs coinciding with Pass 2 is coming from.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I think we’re at least getting one bonus character. They’d be perfect to bring back past stages if they do it, and I don’t think the “Individual DLC” section of the Smash website would only have Piranha Plant... then again, this is the same company that put the words “Extra Game Styles” in SMM2 and then only had one style in the form of SM3DW.
Mario Maker 2 is essentially a port with some extra addition. So it makes sense that they have SM3DW in the "extra setting"... And the reason it´s only that is that the game underperformed. That´s why they haven´t been that "hyped" towards giving it more content throughout time. Had the game done as well or better they expected, maybe we could have gotten an N64, Galaxy or Sunshine set. Granted, they could add them on in order to hype the trilogy port pack (if its true that is) but I highly doubt that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm feeling FP7 being Geno or Rayman and FP8 being a SEGA rep (praying for Sakura Amamiya).

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
It seems like a game of speculation telephone. Amiibo links in with characters, WoL slots link with bonus packs and more characters heard links to more characters but saying “There will be bonus packs with amiibo-related characters” isn‘t a cohesive theory aside from it linking individual ideas to eachother.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So at the moment you're predicting Geno, Waluigi, Lloyd Irving, Dixie Kong, a Capcom character, and what else?

(Also can you please link the post you make in the Dixie Kong thread in here once you make it?)
Here's where I've been since January:

Waluigi (was my prediction for 6 but now I think he's a bonus), Geno, Lloyd, Crash, Dante, Master Chief, Retro Nintendo Bonus (current theory is Lolo)

Here's what I've added thanks to recent developments:

Dixie (bonus)

Here's what I've been stuck on forever because of conflicting information from different sources:

Sora (bonus) or another first party character (bonus)

D

Deleted member

I never played Sakurai Wars, but Amamiya looks like a cool character. I would be up for her in Smash.
I would give anything just to have this song in Smash through any form:

Extra points if she comes with an Alex Kidd Mii costume.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace

Waluigi (was my prediction for 6 but now I think he's a bonus), Geno, Lloyd, Crash, Dante, Master Chief, Retro Nintendo Bonus (current theory is Lolo)

Dixie (bonus)

Here's what I've been stuck on forever because of conflicting information from different sources:

I see. While I do think you're being a little overambitious, it is just theory-crafting, as you said above! I would love a lot of those choices, but I remain skeptical.

I do, however, have to disagree with your idea of Sora being a bonus character. Even if he had a poultry amount of content, I truly don't think Sora would appear without a stage and a few music tracks.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Yeah and I'll do a full analysis in the Dixie thread later. In my opinion, under this theory and recent events, Waluigi and Dixie are the big winners. As Imran Khan said, promoting first party characters is a smart move because these are characters that can easily be used for future Smash games and promote Nintendo owned IPs. As we've seen, Nintendo is not above advertising and they've done it three times now with Fire Emblem. Why not their other IPs? Let's say, oh, I don't know, Donkey Kong is getting a big announcement soon for a game this fall. Why NOT have another DK character in Smash to promote it?
Bandana Waddle Dee shouldn't be overlooked either. Kirby's HUGE in Japan, and is still one of the most heavily requested fighters from Smash 4 that has yet to be playable and one that would be very easy to get in

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Dixie (bonus)

I'm assuming the other Nintendo rep besides Waluigi, Dixie, and a Retro rep is probably a Xenoblade rep like Elma or Rex & Pyra.

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792
I'm assuming the other Nintendo rep besides Waluigi, Dixie, and a Retro rep is probably a Xenoblade rep like Elma or Rex & Pyra.
Yeah I think they are really trying to establish Xenoblade as another major franchise...with mixed results. Adding in another Xenoblade character would be a smart move.

it’s crazy to think that there could be a Geno announcement on July 20. Or at least another case like Arms where they announce the next DLC character is coming from the Super Mario series. “Super Smash Bros Ultimate X Super Mario”

I love hearing this Dixie chatter

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
There's where I'm hung up because I'm not super confident in a fourth Kid Icarus or third Mother rep if we were using the Amiibo rereleases as a sole predictor. Kirby is possible but my hang up is that, if Lolo happens, I don't see them doing Bandana Dee and vice versa. Waluigi and Geno works a pretty nice loophole because Geno's a Mario character but owned by Square while Bandana Dee and Lolo are both owned by HAL. It's also kind of head scratcher because Kirby hasn't been rereleased yet but Dedede and Metaknight have. I suppose they could just "DO IT AGAIN" but then it calls into question why they waited on others like the Kid Icarus characters.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
There's where I'm hung up because I'm not super confident in a fourth Kid Icarus or third Mother rep if we were using the Amiibo rereleases as a sole predictor. Kirby is possible but my hang up is that, if Lolo happens, I don't see them doing Bandana Dee and vice versa. Waluigi and Geno works a pretty nice loophole because Geno's a Mario character but owned by Square while Bandana Dee and Lolo are both owned by HAL. It's also kind of head scratcher because Kirby hasn't been rereleased yet but Dedede and Metaknight have. I suppose they could just "DO IT AGAIN" but then it calls into question why they waited on others like the Kid Icarus characters.
Maybe KI and Mother share characteristics that could have them rereleased at the same time together with a new character, like you suggest Falco to release with Banjo like “haha birb”

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Regardless if Mother and Kid Icarus are likely to get more reps or not, I'm still holding out a tiny bit of hope for Porky and Medusa.

TTF

Smash Journeyman

Dixie (bonus)

Forgive my ignorance, but who is Lolo?

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I'm not gonna get my hopes up for bonus DLC. It could happen, and will be awesome if it does. But I think the best thing to do is just take Sakurai's statement at face value: we are getting 5 more DLC characters. I think it's reasonable to think these 5 could be all we're getting. They'll have been making DLC for Ultimate for three years once Fighter's Pass 2 is over. That's a long time, and I could see their next move after that be taking a break, then beginning development on the next Smash game (considering that'll probably need 2-3 years of development time as it is). I think we could all see the extra character and stage slots going unused, would hardly be the first time a video game skipped over using extra data slots that it could have.

In the meantime, I greatly appreciate Fatman's speculation. It's good food for thought; I just think we should keep expectations in check. Be prepared for the strong possibility that these are our last 5 characters, unless Sakurai says otherwise

TTF

Smash Journeyman
And one of Hal Laboratory's first games I believe. I know it was Iwata's first Hal project or at least one of his earliest.
OH, ok! I remember them named as Fololo & Falala from the Kirby anime
Retro game protag that immigrated to the Kirby series as a boss.
View attachment 277732
And one of Hal Laboratory's first games I believe. I know it was Iwata's first Hal project or at least one of his earliest.
OH ok! I have always known them as Fololo & Falala from the Kirby anime, didn't know they were around before Kirby.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Mii Costume Guy is the codename for an insider that had been in contact with Papageno's network since about last spring. They got the name because their first (public) act was correctly naming Banjo's Mii costumes two months in advance. Later, he would correctly leak Terry's spirit board, again, two months in advance. Finally, he correctly leaked Byleth's ALTs and stage... In October. Very impressive resume.

Now, in November and December, me and a number of others collected names that they had heard from him or his in-betweens and put them together. At first, we thought it was a "rejected character list" until one of the characters was confirmed in January, Cuphead. These are the Mii costumes that Mii Costume Guy supports that haven't come true yet:

Nintendo: Gooigi, one asked to be kept secret
Capcom: Elecman
Namco- KOS-MOS, Nightmare, Ms. Pac-Man
SEGA: Arle
Square: Mallow, Smithy, Chocobo, one asked to be kept secret
Microsoft: asked to be kept secret
Sony related: asked to be kept secret
Indies: Kris (Deltarune),Knight (Hollow Knight)
I might sound dumb asking this but what do you mean by “one asked to be quiet” do you mean like a premium costume or a huge fan favourite. If so is there a possibility the one for square is Geno or have you been specifically told it’s not Geno.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I might sound dumb asking this but what do you mean by “one asked to be quiet” do you mean like a premium costume or a huge fan favourite. If so is there a possibility the one for square is Geno or have you been specifically told it’s not Geno.
If Geno were one of the costumes, Fatman would've let us know about this months ago. He's one of the biggest Geno supporters around, and I've a hard time believing he would keep our hopes up like this if Geno were just going to be a costume again

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
I try not to doubt about Mii costume guy but he didn’t leak any costumes that came with Min Min, that makes me doubt a bit about everything he said.

There is 25 mii costumes left and supposedly he already leaked 14 of them + 3/4 from Smash 4 that are left to return (MH armours and N-B costumes). That would add 17/18 mii costumes that we should get in the next Challangers Packs. Its around a 70% and I doubted somebody has a lot of information but who knows, we shall wait a bit.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
He said that Neither of that mii costumes will be a Fan demand, so no

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom