• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Microsoft announcing their presentation for late July kind of solidifies for me that Nintendo is doing something this week or next because: 1. Nintendo virtually never does major presentations late in the month and 2. Microsoft and Nintendo are fairly buddy buddy and I sincerely doubt they'll have major presentations the same week.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Microsoft announcing their presentation for late July kind of solidifies for me that Nintendo is doing something this week or next because: 1. Nintendo virtually never does major presentations late in the month and 2. Microsoft and Nintendo are fairly buddy buddy and I sincerely doubt they'll have major presentations the same week.
I agree that they are not doing it the same week. I feel that having it on the 14th is most likely (last minute add for PMTOK)

MattX20

Smash Hero
Yep, that's about right

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Nintendo then SURPRISES EVERYONE WITH..........doing nothing and staying secretive with their stuff while Sony and Microsoft actually advertise their products.

Firox

Smash Master
And yet another thing people don't get about this is that this has been part of the JOY (yes, joy) of being part of the Geno fanbase. All of us know that odds were incredibly stacked and why this fanbase has pushed so damn hard for years to change that. The whole point of the Geno campaign is to push a character that normally wouldn't even be on the radar for playable in Smash into becoming playable and that's why this fanbase's story is so incredible. He got acknowledged by Sakurai as early as Brawl and then successfully avoided being an assist trophy when a lot of fan favorites were made into them. He was a costume in Smash 4 but is still MIA when the axe was "supposed" to fall almost a year ago. That's why so much of the Geno fanbase is so adamant right because, after years of disappointment, things are very likely to pan out and there's way too many people that can't comprehend that this is largely because the Geno fanbase didn't let being wrong or disappointed in the past totally murder their morale and kept pushing despite it.
Now that you mention it, I guess we really are a tenacious bunch. We've had over a decade to give up hope, but we just kept on chugging. How amazing to see that our devotion may finally be coming to fruition.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
I'ma throw this out there (heehee)

July 14th... 14 = 7 x 2... SMRPG actual sequel confirmed. Second coming of Geno. :eek::eek::eek::eek::2gud:

LUDICROUS! Indeed, but boy wouldn't that be a KICKER? :denzel:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I like to see the fan base laughing and pointing fun at themselves. Even as a Geno fan, we do all have to admit that this fan base has some... uh... moments. Seeing this, though, makes me wish even more that the anti-Geno folk were a little easier on our star boy's fans. We're just in it for a fun ride. C'mon.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I like to see the fan base laughing and pointing fun at themselves. Even as a Geno fan, we do all have to admit that this fan base has some... uh... moments. Seeing this, though, makes me wish even more that the anti-Geno folk were a little easier on our star boy's fans. We're just in it for a fun ride. C'mon.
It would be a better world if we all can poke fun at ourselves and not take things too seriously at times

Powerman293

Smash Ace
I watched a video recently that that perfectly summarized Geno's place since Ridley was revealed.

"Geno took the throne that Ridley once held. The realm of Ridicule."

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Y'know how it is Ovaltine, speculation is serious business, you can't stray from a 100% "perfectly" logical-yet-still-possibly-wrong path. Only delusional people who will rage and make the fanbase look bad (ironic) when they turn out to be wrong do that.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
From these theories in the past few days, I can't stop imagining Charlie from IASIP during his Pepe Silvia rant while wearing the Geno hat with the corkboard covered in Smash stuff.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
People, WHAT are you all doing!? Didn't you see it? A LESSON was taught to all about speculation and how important it is that we never speculate, even if its for goofy fun. You all are making a mockery of this LESSON!

Is there no shame and end to this Evil Genoness!?

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
Ahhhhh yeah. Super Mario RPG 2. Legend of the 14 Stars!!! :4pacman:
So, we're pulling a Jotho: after saving the Star Road of a new kingdom, we need to restore the one in the Mushroom Kingdom again and have a final post-game rematch with Smithy. (Not gonna lie, it sounds like a cool concept)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
From these theories in the past few days, I can't stop imagining Charlie from IASIP during his Pepe Silvia rant while wearing the Geno hat with the corkboard covered in Smash stuff.
You mean this?

(Also, this video's slightly out-of-date, since K. Rool did make it in)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
But, we can go even further beyond:

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the 7⁷ Stars
Next level: Super Mario RPG 2: Legend of the 777,777,777 Stars. :4pacman:

Given the ridicule the Geno fanbase has gotten in the past few years, Bestguyever's Geno video is going to be like 3 hours long.
Comic Book Guy: Best movie ever!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Given the ridicule the Geno fanbase has gotten in the past few years, Bestguyever's Geno video is going to be like 3 hours long.
I didn't know he was going to make a Geno video. Maybe I missed that in his recent Smash vid.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
I don't think there's enough copyright safe tracks on youtube that would be fitting for Geno to fill that length lol.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
*Sakurai planning all of these July 7th coincidences just to surprise us with nothing
Snapchat-287453406.jpg

(Except for the Super Mario RPG fans who know this is actually Sakurai's form of gamer morse code™ and there actually is a hint at Geno today. We just have to put on our tinfoil Geno hats and analyze where Sakurai hid it.)

(Don't worry gamers, the Geno thread is always three steps ahead of everyone else with our galaxy brains. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) )

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I didn't know he was going to make a Geno video. Maybe I missed that in his recent Smash vid.
It's been mentioned before, but he has:
Hinted at Geno being next after K. Rool (the triforce of Never evers)
Mentioned Geno in the description of his Banjo video
Superimposed Geno's silhouette on the screen while saying "that one character" in his "Why Smash Matters" video (not to mention the multiple references to SMRPG he made).

Bestguyever is going to go ape**** when Geno comes out and that's a fact.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Ok guys, hear me out
Smash has 5 letters. FP5 was Byleth. Byleth is from Fire Emblem. Fire Emblem has 8 fighters in the game. If you subtract 5 from 8, you get 3. Link is fighter number 3. Link debuted in the Legend of Zelda on the Famicom in 1986. The Statue of Liberty was also reopened to the public in 1986. The Statue of Liberty is in New York. The Bronx is part of New York, which is also where Little Mac is from. Little Mac's gloves are green. Green Greens is a stage that features Whispy Woods in the background. Whispy Woods is an old tree, having appeared in most mainline Kirby games since the first one. The oldest tree in the world is in California. San Diego is in California. San Diego is the setting of the hit Nickelodeon sitcom Drake and Josh. Drake and Josh had 4 seasons. The year also has 4 seasons. The year has 365 days normally. 3+6+5=14. The 14th most populous country in the world is Egypt. Egypt is centered around the Nile River. The Nile River is 6,650 kilometers long. Fighter 66 is Simon, 50 is Greninja. Simon is known for fighting demons, CacoDemon is also a Demon. Greninja is a frog, which Mallow believed he was early into SMRPG. Don't act like I don't notice the game you're playing here, Sakurai. CacoDemon and Mallow.

CACOMALLOW IS REAL

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
If I may change gears I'd like to talk about the potential stage for Geno. Now most people I talk to about this say that it's most likely going to be Forest Maze. Their reason is that's where you encounter Geno. But I'm not entirely convinced. If Geno gets in Smash he'll be representing Super Mario RPG as a whole. When we got Min Min we didn't get the Ramen Bowl (her home stage) we got Spring Stadium. This is because she a representative of ARMS the stage she comes with is the most iconic stage from ARMS.

So that got me thinking. What is the most iconic location in SMRPG? I believe it's Bowser's Castle. It's on the title screen and box! It's the first place you visit and one of the last places you visit. I personally believe that this is the most iconic location in SMRPG and that if Geno got in there's a good chance we'd get Bowser's Castle as the stage.

Thought?

Griselda

Smash Lord
If I may change gears I'd like to talk about the potential stage for Geno. Now most people I talk to about this say that it's most likely going to be Forest Maze. Their reason is that's where you encounter Geno. But I'm not entirely convinced. If Geno gets in Smash he'll be representing Super Mario RPG as a whole. When we got Min Min we didn't get the Ramen Bowl (her home stage) we got Spring Stadium. This is because she a representative of ARMS the stage she comes with is the most iconic stage from ARMS.

So that got me thinking. What is the most iconic location in SMRPG? I believe it's Bowser's Castle. It's on the title screen and box! It's the first place you visit and one of the last places you visit. I personally believe that this is the most iconic location in SMRPG and that if Geno got in there's a good chance we'd get Bowser's Castle as the stage.

Thought?
I've seen this mentioned many times, actually. My question is, though, if the stage is set outside (presumably on Vista Hill) in order to have the iconic silhouette of Exor embedded in Bowser's Castle in the background, what kind of elements would make up the actual stage? To avoid having it just be a plain platform with drop-offs.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I've seen this mentioned many times, actually. My question is, though, if the stage is set outside (presumably on Vista Hill) in order to have the iconic silhouette of Exor embedded in Bowser's Castle in the background, what kind of elements would make up the actual stage? To avoid having it just be a plain platform with drop-offs.
I was thinking it would just take place on top of the castle and Exor would come crashing down at some point. Anyone unfortunate enough to be underneath would take massive damage. Once Exor is there he becomes an aditional platform you can fight on. This was just my idea.

Another idea might be a traveling stage where you start off seeing Bowser's Castle in the distance on the vista then you lift up on a flying plaform and travel on top of the castle. Exor crashes down like stated above. The flying platform lifts off again and you return to the vista and see the castle with Exor in it.

Just some ideas. Who knows what it will actually be.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Does Nintendo do their Direct announcements based on JST sometimes? Because if not, pack it up for today boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom