• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
If I may change gears I'd like to talk about the potential stage for Geno. Now most people I talk to about this say that it's most likely going to be Forest Maze. Their reason is that's where you encounter Geno. But I'm not entirely convinced. If Geno gets in Smash he'll be representing Super Mario RPG as a whole. When we got Min Min we didn't get the Ramen Bowl (her home stage) we got Spring Stadium. This is because she a representative of ARMS the stage she comes with is the most iconic stage from ARMS.

So that got me thinking. What is the most iconic location in SMRPG? I believe it's Bowser's Castle. It's on the title screen and box! It's the first place you visit and one of the last places you visit. I personally believe that this is the most iconic location in SMRPG and that if Geno got in there's a good chance we'd get Bowser's Castle as the stage.

Thought?
Bowser is my favorite Mario character and it's always bothered me that he still lacks a Bowser's Castle stage. I'd love for him to finally get one! But mostly, I just want Geno and I'm good with anything from SMRPG being used for a stage.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Hovers down in a beam of light, duh. It's not hard to come up with an entrance for Geno. Geno haters must really be lacking creativity
Oh, no, I don't think they're lacking creativity, they probably just think using any on Geno is a waste.

But anyways, I'd say the light beam could encompass the unpossessed doll which will turn into Geno.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Oh, no, I don't think they're lacking creativity, they probably just think using any on Geno is a waste.
In my point of view, nothing is a waste when it comes to creativity, unless it were focused on anything bad, but still; Geno is not one of them.

Last edited:

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I hope that Sakurai goes all out in the concept of possessed doll / puppeteer (and why I think Ness would be a really good base for it), with things like:
- Stage Entrance being the doll being already collapsed on the ground, then the light beam appears and becomes alive (Think Smash 64's opening)
- Normal Attacks varying between Geno's arsenal from Mario RPG and psychic/puppet manuevers.
- The floaty jump from Ness (although I know this would be a point of contention for some people)
- Up B where the star exits the puppet body and a new one appears at the destination.
- A taunt where the star goes out of the body and swirls around before returning to it.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I hope that Sakurai goes all out in the concept of possessed doll / puppeteer (and why I think Ness would be a really good base for it), with things like:
- Stage Entrance being the doll being already collapsed on the ground, then the light beam appears and becomes alive (Think Smash 64's opening)
- Normal Attacks varying between Geno's arsenal from Mario RPG and psychic/puppet manuevers.
- The floaty jump from Ness (although I know this would be a point of contention for some people)
- Up B where the star exits the puppet body and a new one appears at the destination.
- A taunt where the star goes out of the body and swirls around before returning to it.
Seems like a very Sakurai thing to do. Though I feel that his true form should feel more prominent. I pretty much agree with the stage entrance idea, except that instead of the light beam, it's Geno's star form entering the doll.

Also people making condescending comments towards us. Like clockwork. God forbid you have fun in speculation right? Nah, srs business only.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Not a good one! And I’m someone that actually can find humor in btfo Geno images
Lemme tell ya, as someone who tried to stomach browsing that subreddit once or twice, r/SmashBrosUltimate is the epitome of unfunny memes and really crappy takes about Geno.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Apparently, Sabi did some lies in accusing someone for doing bad things to them and lying about beating his girlfriend. I would post the tweet, but it has cursing in it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
It's all over resetera and twitter, but yeah… karma is a ***** . Let's try to not make it a topic here anyway.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I think we should avoid subjects like that. The last week's given us enough **** anyways. I'm not excusing Sabi's actions. Just...yeah.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think we should avoid subjects like that. The last week's given us enough **** anyways. I'm not excusing Sabi's actions. Just...yeah.
I didn't mean to hijack conversation - this is a busy thread and I just wanted people to be aware.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Let's not focus on...that person, and instead focus on the supposed Direct date that might be confirmed relatively soon if the guy Pushdustin is willing to give a look into is accurate

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Let's not focus on...that person, and instead focus on the supposed Direct date that might be confirmed relatively soon if the guy Pushdustin is willing to give a look into is accurate
When do you personally think it might happen? This week? Next week?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Hahaha. I'm not even surprised. Sabi was a trash bag and I'm kind of stunned it took this long for stuff to get out. Also, now I see the word about how Paragon was treated is getting out, and oh, karma is delicious. I hope Sabi never finds the reach to hurt anyone ever again.

With that said, though, topic change: Check out these cats. They're adorable. Would Geno be a dog or a cat kind of person? I say neither. He is absolutely a bunny person, referencing the legends of bunnies on the moon, pounding mochi. Also, yeah, star bunnies and all, but those are references to the legend, too. Geno likes rabbits confirmed for canon.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Remember when I warned people that Sabi was a terrible person back in November and that led to several raids against this thread, me getting banned three times, basically getting ostracized from most threads on this site, regular harassment on Discord, and my parents getting doxxed? Haha, good times... good times...

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I am not trying to police people and tell them what to do, but we should probably not discuss certain leakers and the controversy surrounding them in here. (I'm just saying so before mods do.) We wouldn't want to get derailed by drama unless we want to have repeats of last time. (Gosh the thread got closed so many times in a row...)

WhenGenoThreadGetsDerailedByDrama.png

(God I'm so happy I can finally use this meme again. I've been waiting for a good moment to do so. Credit to MisterMike MisterMike for this magnum opus.)

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Ovaltine Ovaltine Geno is certainly a rabbit/bunny person! Now I want Geno with bunny ears on all the while playing with all the moon bunnies.

N3ON N3ON Thanks for sharing this with us. And yeah **** Sabi

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Remember when I warned people that Sabi was a terrible person back in November and that led to several raids against this thread, me getting banned three times, basically getting ostracized from most threads on this site, regular harassment on Discord, and my parents getting doxxed? Haha, good times... good times...

This isn't about you.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Hahaha. I'm not even surprised. Sabi was a trash bag and I'm kind of stunned it took this long for stuff to get out. Also, now I see the word about how Paragon was treated is getting out, and oh, karma is delicious. I hope Sabi never finds the reach to hurt anyone ever again.

With that said, though, topic change: Check out these cats. They're adorable. Would Geno be a dog or a cat kind of person? I say neither. He is absolutely a bunny person, referencing the legends of bunnies on the moon, pounding mochi. Also, yeah, star bunnies and all, but those are references to the legend, too. Geno likes rabbits confirmed for canon.
Given your avatar, what about ducks?

Lagguino

Smash Apprentice
On a cloud with some kid to defeat the Red Ribbon

Honestly that would be a perfect fit because in Super mario galaxy there are star bunnies
1249.png

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Censor dodging
>Reddit.

There's a reason why 4Chan don't even respect them, and i don't blame them.
Agreed.
-image removed-

I am not trying to police people and tell them what to do, but we should probably not discuss certain leakers and the controversy surrounding them in here. (I'm just saying so before mods do.) We wouldn't want to get derailed by drama unless we want to have repeats of last time. (Gosh the thread got closed so many times in a row...)

View attachment 277532

(God I'm so happy I can finally use this meme again. I've been waiting for a good moment to do so. Credit to MisterMike MisterMike for this magnum opus.)
Is this really my magnum opus? I'd like to think this is my magnum opus, personally. :ultpacman:
GenoFatty.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
This isn't about you.
No this is about whistle blowing on a terrible person, being called a liar with an agenda because of it, and STILL putting up with harassment for it to this day 8 months later. This was doing the right thing and having a good chunk of the community literally hate me for it. Yes, I'm kind of bitter.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Al

All I know is Geno is not a woodpecker kind of person.

vivala

Smash Journeyman

Geno strikes me as being weirdly pretentious about birds of prey

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Let us move on from this. It is good to get the word around. Whatever happens next, need not be in the Geno Support thread. Whether you were apart of it, or affected by it, PM and let's get back to Geno.

So...what kind of wood is Geno made of? Mahogany?

GolisoPower

Smash Master

He'd probably hate being around termites, that's for damn sure. Maybe he'd be alright with squirrels?

Let us move on from this. It is good to get the word around. Whatever happens next, need not be in the Geno Support thread. Whether you were apart of it, or affected by it, PM and let's get back to Geno.

So...what kind of wood is Geno made of? Mahogany?
It looks a little like pine to me.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Weird thing to say but I'm curious on how they'll handle Geno's eyes because he doesn't really have "real" eyes. Looking at his art, it's heavily implied they're carved and not painted on so his eyes would technically be a little sunken in and the animations would probably be sudden and jerky.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Weird thing to say but I'm curious on how they'll handle Geno's eyes because he doesn't really have "real" eyes. Looking at his art, it's heavily implied they're carved and not painted on so his eyes would technically be a little sunken in and the animations would probably be sudden and jerky.
Totally, like his eyes would be absolutely static unless he’s changing what he’s looking at, which feels kinda robotic the way I’m describing it. Little wooden Terminator

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Totally, like his eyes would be absolutely static unless he’s changing what he’s looking at, which feels kinda robotic the way I’m describing it. Little wooden Terminator
And if Geno doesn't make it into Ultimate, he'll still say, "I'll be back!".

GolisoPower

Smash Master
"I need youh powah-ups, youh capes, and youh go-kart."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom