• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedMachine123

Smash Apprentice
No one:
Not a single soul:

SmashFAQs:

View attachment 273871
Ah yes, although they are who are harrasing and mocking an entire fanbase for liking a character we are the bad ones. But if they really think that we are the problem and that the Smash fanbase will stop being toxic once Geno gets in, then they are just not stupid, they are blind. I perfectly know what will happen:

Once Geno gets in and everyone stops talking about it they will move onto the next popular request, probably Waluigi, and when he gets in, they will target another one, maybe Bandana Waddle Dee, and when he gets in they will go after another one, and when that one gets in, they will go to hate another one and another one and another one and It will continue like that until Nintendo stops making DLC characters for Ultimate.

And when the next Smash game gets announced, they will proceed to hate the characters who didn't get in Ultimate again, and those characters who were popular in Ultimate will suddenly become irrelevant and hated for no reason. And the cycle will repeat again, because the problem with the Smash fanbase isn't the people that ask for their most wanted characters to be in Smash, the problem is the people who sistematically hate other people wanted characters, but they will never realize that, they will still think that constantly hating a character will decrease its chances.

I really hope that all that innocent people who peacefully ask for a character finds Smashboards like I did to logically discuss their wanted characters chances of getting in instead of dealing with lame and useless excuses about why their opinion is wrong and their wanted characters can't get in.

I wonder, was the Smash fanbase always this toxic?

Hopefully Geno will get announced soon and we can stop dealing with things like that. Sorry for the rant, and I want everyone in this thread to know that I'm really glad to finally sharing my opinions on Geno not only with people who wants him in Smash, but also with people who played and enjoyed SMRPG. And again, sorry for the rant.

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
But that just makes me even more concerned because they had a BIG list of songs. That would imply that Reimu is the fighter, and NOT Geno, right?
Indie's are out of the running, hasn't this been clear?
Sans and Cuphead likely would of been the only ones picked to be that Indie fighter due to them being popular around the world.
But that didn't happen.

That long list was likely songs that Sakurai and his team picked out and sent it over to Zun to pick one to remix.

23 songs getting remixed makes no sense, and a indie becoming fighter would of happened by now, so it likely wont for a very long time.

T2by4

Smash Lord
What if they’re both fighters, revealed together or one after the other?

Mii costume packs have just come with 5 before...
I mean it's possible, but like I said if we're going based off Fatman's theory it seems more likely that Reimu would actually be the fighter considering that massive list of songs, and not Geno.

Indie's are out of the running, hasn't this been clear?
Sans and Cuphead likely would of been the only ones picked to be that Indie fighter due to them being popular around the world.
But that didn't happen.

That long list was likely songs that Sakurai and his team picked out and sent it over to Zun to pick one to remix.

23 songs getting remixed makes no sense, and a indie becoming fighter would of happened by now, so it likely wont for a very long time.
But that's an assumption, just like spirits are out of the running. We have 2 indie premiums, sure, but we shouldn't assume all of them are like that.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Constantly hating a character and their fans will never decrease the character’s chances of getting in. Look at Ridley, Banjo and Kazooie and King K. Rool. Did hating on those characters stop them from getting in?

Some just never learn.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Probably - it depends on where you look, but back in the Smash 4 days, Too Bigots roamed the land, relevancy was clearly the most important factor for whether or not a character made it in, and the ballot was clearly rigged since Bayonetta was chosen instead of [insert user's favourite character here].

Every fanbase is going to have toxic elements - https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WhyFandomCantHaveNiceThings - and people seem to like targeting popular characters because they want other characters instead. Smash bringing together tons of different fanbases and having a very limited amount of spots for DLC just makes the issue worse.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
But that just makes me even more concerned because they had a BIG list of songs. That would imply that Reimu is the fighter, and NOT Geno, right?
Not necessarily. I think of it like the Seven Squares leak: obviously Smash Ultimate wasn't going to have 7 brand new and separate Square characters. It was very heavily implied to be a list that Square itself was most interested in working with. I feel like the music list maybe similar. Some other things to consider:

-Implied multiple SMRPG costumes and the fact the costume pack is super heavy handed towards Square, not Touhou.

-Both premium costumes so far being indie with heavy emphasis on their music.

-No Japanese indie representation of any kind yet, not even spirits.

D

Deleted member

I highly doubt Reimu would come with 5 Square Enix characters especially 3 from SMRPG. Since Reimu is an indie, she can get a costume based off her and a music track.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
This isn't a assumption, this has been told to multiple people including Fatman himself.
Sans would of been the indie, and if Sans wasn't going to be playable, no Indie would be.
I don’t recall Fatman saying indies were 100% not gonna happen based on stuff people have said, just he doesn’t see it as likely. I don’t remember anyone else saying they were doomed, either.

I‘m not sure how big Touhou is exactly, but I think it has the potential to get a fighter. It’s been getting games on the Switch, English included, and it could be what Nintendo chooses to appeal to doujin/indie people.

Although, it being mostly obscure outside of Japan could hinder it, tbh, but let’s not jump the gun. If Reimu does get in, I think it wouldn’t be with Geno as a costume, but rather both are fighters.

Last edited:

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
I don’t recall Fatman saying indies were 100% not gonna happen based on stuff people have said, just he doesn’t see it as likely. I don’t remember anyone else saying they were doomed, either.

I‘m not sure how big Touhou is exactly, but I think it has the potential to get a fighter. It’s been getting games on the Switch, English included, and it could be what Nintendo chooses to appeal to doujin/indie people.

Although, it being mostly obscure outside of Japan could hinder it, tbh, but let’s not jump the gun. If Reimu does get in, I think it wouldn’t be with Geno as a costume, but rather both are fighters.
I recall him saying in a post on discord that he was told Indies weren't happening, if I'm remembering wrong, I apologize.

TouHou is big enough in Japan to get representation, but, not as a full blown fighter, Lucas was atleast well known to westerners because of the "haha funny mother 3 when?" meme.

Nintendo also seem to not be ready to make a indie fighter yet..
-Shovel Knight AT
-Sans and Cuphead Miis
-Indie spirits
They aren't really sure on how well Indies will do by the seem of things, but they do want them to be included, somehow.

Mostly my thoughts.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Ah yes, although they are who are harrasing and mocking an entire fanbase for liking a character we are the bad ones. But if they really think that we are the problem and that the Smash fanbase will stop being toxic once Geno gets in, then they are just not stupid, they are blind. I perfectly know what will happen:

Once Geno gets in and everyone stops talking about it they will move onto the next popular request, probably Waluigi, and when he gets in, they will target another one, maybe Bandana Waddle Dee, and when he gets in they will go after another one, and when that one gets in, they will go to hate another one and another one and another one and It will continue like that until Nintendo stops making DLC characters for Ultimate.

And when the next Smash game gets announced, they will proceed to hate the characters who didn't get in Ultimate again, and those characters who were popular in Ultimate will suddenly become irrelevant and hated for no reason. And the cycle will repeat again, because the problem with the Smash fanbase isn't the people that ask for their most wanted characters to be in Smash, the problem is the people who sistematically hate other people wanted characters, but they will never realize that, they will still think that constantly hating a character will decrease its chances.

I really hope that all that innocent people who peacefully ask for a character finds Smashboards like I did to logically discuss their wanted characters chances of getting in instead of dealing with lame and useless excuses about why their opinion is wrong and their wanted characters can't get in.

Hopefully Geno will get announced soon and we can stop dealing with things like that. Sorry for the rant, and I want everyone in this thread to know that I'm really glad to finally sharing my opinions on Geno not only with people who wants him in Smash, but also with people who played and enjoyed SMRPG. And again, sorry for the rant.
No need to apologize. I and I am pretty sure everyone else here completely understands your frustration. That is another reason why I want Geno to get included, so it can shut the detractors up for once.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
About GameFAQs and hating on characters, I say Sakurai listens to two groups mainly: The people who want a character and the people who don't say anything about a character, or not by so much. If not much is said about a character by fans, they aren't wanted and Sakurai may not add them. However, compared to those who want a character, Sakurai may not listen to the haters who don't want a character if, but possibly not limited to the fan demand for such characters being bigger than the hate, or big enough. I'd say the haters are wasting their time.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Why are we paying attention to GameFAQs still, they've got the collective IQ of a walnut

Ironically their constant flaming on Geno helps spread awareness of the character

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
If we get Reimu, and there’s ruminatinga about Kris from Deltarune also being a premium costume, it seems like premium costumes are going to be saved for indies rather than big stars like Doomguy or secondary characters from already-repped non-indie series (like Geno)

I personally would love this, as it gives characters like Shantae, Quote, Hornet/Knight, Celeste, etc. (give me more examples!) a chance to show up as premium costumes later and at least give them some representation. Shovel Knight would have also been an obvious choice had he not already made it in as an AT, but I don’t know if that puts his status in limbo or not. Regardless, we could be getting a bunch of really cool characters in the game, even if not as their own full characters.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
So, thanks to cross-checking info with @Slender , we may have come to some really big conclusions on E3 Eve concerning Geno. He messaged me asking if the Secret, Butt Fun Square Mii costume was supposed to be Reimu and I told him no. He then presented to me a ton of stuff that's honestly a game changer. I'll try to summarize his findings:

-As you all know, there was a Touhou music leak in the fall that basically said a number of their composers had been contacted to make music for Smash. Obviously, there was a pretty big split on what this meant. Some interpreted it as Reimu as playable while others, like myself, just took it at face value as Touhou composers being involved in Smash for some reason. Slap fights issued and the lines were drawn.

-In December 2019, I was introduced to the "rejected character list" from Mii Costume Guy and his in-betweens. This included a Square Enix character. Add it to Geno, Mallow, Smithy, and Chocobo and we have 5 Square related Mii costumes. As you all know, 6 is currently the max capacity for Mii costumes in a pack so this missing piece was incredibly frustrating.

-Fast forward to 2020, per Slender's findings, insiders in the Touhou community were often hearing about Geno and Reimu together. Weird... Or is it? Touhou is a Japanese indie franchise but apparently has had some help from Square/Taito in the past. What could this mean? It heavily suggests that Reimu could very well be Geno's premium costume!

Here's why this is a really big deal:

-Gives us a full set of 6 for a Square Enix pack: Geno, Mallow, Smithy, Chocobo, Secret Butt Fun, and Reimu (premium)

-Adds more evidence to the pile that premium costumes will likely continue to be from indie companies, further crippling the argument that Geno "will just be a premium costume."

-Support from outside my network that, yes, Geno is likely coming.

Fun stuff.
Since I'm pretty big on Reimu and Touhou as a whole, allow me to correct some of those.

-the one time a leaker said something about both Reimu and Geno was with the Doujin Leak Guy. One of his fantasies (him saying stuff that he would like related to Touhou n Smash) was that Reimu's reveal trailer would involve Geno, in reference to Marisa Kirisame, the deuteragonist of Touhou, who shoots stars as one of her main projectiles. It's however only a fantasy, something that he would like.

-the thing about Touhou and Taito. So, Touhou's creator is ZUN, who's real name is Jun'ya Ota, and he was an employee for Taito for some years, before retiring due to hmi just not liking his work, and prefering to just work on Touhou, which became sucessfull enough for him to live off of that at the time
https://www.mobygames.com/developer/junya-ota/credits/developerId,123230/
Here is some infos that includes his work at Taito, and also Touhou of course.

-Touhou became so succssfull in Japan that big companies started using Touhou in their products. Taito made the fangame Touhou Spell Bubble (which is one of the greatest irony in gaming history), meanwhile, Reimu and Yuyuko (the final boss of Touhou 7) apeared as guests in Lord of Vermillion, a game that Square Enix distributes
https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/LORD_of_VERMILION

-however, something to note is that Touhou has a sponsor since recently, and one of the possibility is Square Enix (other possibilitis include Nntendo and Tecent).

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It's probably not a great idea to generalize all users of particular websites, and if you think that a website is a wretched hive of scum and villainy or whatever other Star Wars reference you'd like to make, it's probably best to avoid it rather than going there and actively looking for negative reactions to characters that you support.

I'd prefer it if we dropped the GameFAQs topic, since bringing that up seems like kicking a hornet's nest after you've already been stung.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It's probably not a great idea to generalize all users of particular websites, and if you think that a website is a wretched hive of scum and villainy or what have you, it's probably best to avoid it rather than going there and actively looking for negative reactions to characters that you support.
Fair enough, though for the most part, I was talking about haters in general, well, there are some exceptions, but I don't think I was talking about GameFAQs much as much as I mentioned the haters. At least I think that is what happened. Still, sorry if I did, as if I was talking about GameFAQs, I would have mentioned them more...

And talking about a whole site like that like they were all bad, that is not really my thing.

EDIT: And I did not mean to generalize all haters, either. It's kinda hard to avoid generalization, plus, I may have gotten off the mark there with what I said, if you know what I mean.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
As long as the reveals occur next week, even a week or two for the release of FP6 and hopefully FP7 at bare minimum will be tolerable

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I recall him saying in a post on discord that he was told Indies weren't happening, if I'm remembering wrong, I apologize.

TouHou is big enough in Japan to get representation, but, not as a full blown fighter, Lucas was atleast well known to westerners because of the "haha funny mother 3 when?" meme.

Nintendo also seem to not be ready to make a indie fighter yet..
-Shovel Knight AT
-Sans and Cuphead Miis
-Indie spirits
They aren't really sure on how well Indies will do by the seem of things, but they do want them to be included, somehow.

Mostly my thoughts.
Tbh I could be forgetting, and I don't really get on discord despite downloading it. I did pop in every now and then to see what people are saying, but meh, if Fatman and others were told indies aren't happening 100% and they weren't just speculating, okay. I remember some discord posts of his were shared here, but I just didn't remember indies being completely off the table, I dunno.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I only have one last thing to say about detractors. I just find it funny how people think the Geno support community is just an echo chamber or a vocal minority even though the support for this character literally caught the attention of Sakurai himself lol

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Since I'm pretty big on Reimu and Touhou as a whole, allow me to correct some of those.

-the one time a leaker said something about both Reimu and Geno was with the Doujin Leak Guy. One of his fantasies (him saying stuff that he would like related to Touhou n Smash) was that Reimu's reveal trailer would involve Geno, in reference to Marisa Kirisame, the deuteragonist of Touhou, who shoots stars as one of her main projectiles. It's however only a fantasy, something that he would like.

-the thing about Touhou and Taito. So, Touhou's creator is ZUN, who's real name is Jun'ya Ota, and he was an employee for Taito for some years, before retiring due to hmi just not liking his work, and prefering to just work on Touhou, which became sucessfull enough for him to live off of that at the time
https://www.mobygames.com/developer/junya-ota/credits/developerId,123230/
Here is some infos that includes his work at Taito, and also Touhou of course.

-Touhou became so succssfull in Japan that big companies started using Touhou in their products. Taito made the fangame Touhou Spell Bubble (which is one of the greatest irony in gaming history), meanwhile, Reimu and Yuyuko (the final boss of Touhou 7) apeared as guests in Lord of Vermillion, a game that Square Enix distributes
https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/LORD_of_VERMILION

-however, something to note is that Touhou has a sponsor since recently, and one of the possibility is Square Enix (other possibilitis include Nntendo and Tecent).
So I guess the Geno/Reimu thing was more of an anecdote more than anything else but the really strong connections to Square and Taito definitely caught my attention. Part of the reason why this caught my interest is that a good number of indie Mii costumes have been suggested by Mii Costume Guy: Kris (Deltarune), Knight (Hollow Knight), and one other (there's others that are arguably indie but those three are agreed on to be indie). The Indies that have come up tend to have strong connections with the company of their implied pack. One with Nintendo, Knight has a pretty strong connection with Microsoft, and we now have the prospect of Reimu with Square. Of course, like Sans and Cuphead showed, some indies can go anywhere so Kris may be the premium of either the hypothetical Capcom pack or the "Western" pack (Mii Costume Guy supported 6 Namco costumes, making it the only pack that fills 6 without outside help).

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
If Geno's stage wasn't the Forest Maze, what would you want it to be?

...though thinking about it, maybe I should rule out Bowser's Keep, since that seems like an obvious second choice since it's on the cover and title screen of the game. (seriously, how have we not gotten a proper Bowser's Castle stage yet?)
Gah you predicted my answer XD Okay then I’ll say Booster’s Tower

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

...though thinking about it, maybe I should rule out Bowser's Keep, since that seems like an obvious second choice since it's on the cover and title screen of the game. (seriously, how have we not gotten a proper Bowser's Castle stage yet?)
Marrymore, or inside the Factory Area with the purple mist. (Just joking about Marrymore, of course).

D

Deleted member

Knight has a pretty strong connection with Microsoft
Don't take this the wrong way when I ask, but...

huh?!

Didn't Hollow Knight get backed on kickstarter and release for just about every console under the sun? I hardly think starting out on the PC means you have a strong connection to Microsoft, tragic as it is that they dominate the PC market.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
So I guess the Geno/Reimu thing was more of an anecdote more than anything else but the really strong connections to Square and Taito definitely caught my attention. Part of the reason why this caught my interest is that a good number of indie Mii costumes have been suggested by Mii Costume Guy: Kris (Deltarune), Knight (Hollow Knight), and one other (there's others that are arguably indie but those three are agreed on to be indie). The Indies that have come up tend to have strong connections with the company of their implied pack. One with Nintendo, Knight has a pretty strong connection with Microsoft, and we now have the prospect of Reimu with Square. Of course, like Sans and Cuphead showed, some indies can go anywhere so Kris may be the premium of either the hypothetical Capcom pack or the "Western" pack (Mii Costume Guy supported 6 Namco costumes, making it the only pack that fills 6 without outside help).
  • Knight has a pretty strong connection with Microsoft
What are you even talking about? Are you thinking of Ori or something? It got put on Switch BEFORE the Xbone. I think it's a good idea to get this mii stuff out now before stuff happens but at the same time I think it's a better idea to just sit on it for now and wait to see what actually gets revealed rather than trying to piece it all together when we don't even know if any of this stuff will even happen at all.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Touhou seems to be recognized by other companies as well; Reimu and Marisa were in a game or something from SEGA (I think?) I believe with Hatsune Miku and other characters (if not by SEGA, a google search showed me some Touhou figures come from them at least), as well as that Taiko no Tatsujin game by Namco.

Hollow Knight came out on Microsoft Windows first before other platforms by about a month and a half:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollow_Knight
I'm not sure that gives it a strong connection to Microsoft tbh, it's not like they made a deal with the company. Nintendo seems to have recognized it more.

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Hollow Knight came out on Microsoft Windows first before other platforms by about a month and a half:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollow_Knight
Ok? It came to PC first. So did Undertale, does that mean it has "microsoft" correlation? Of course not, that's ridiculous straw reaching, most indie games come out on PC first because it's just the cheapest and easiest because Valve lets basically anything on Steam.

Last edited:

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo and Hollow Knight are seemingly more linked these days. It was Nintendo who suggested to have Hollow Knight shadow-drop on Switch during E3 2018, and Nintendo has been nothing but supportive during the entire dev cycle, featuring it on their E3 2019 showfloor and even highlighting it on their list of upcoming titles. It's the strong support to Team Cherry that Nintendo gives that has a lot of people predicting a Hollow Knight costume in the first place.

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569

Honestly I think Geno's stage will be Vista Hill because I feel if they were to choose Forest Maze, I feel that would moreso represent Geno then the actual game itself, whereas Vista Hill could represent the entire game.

D

Deleted member

Flaming/harassment
I'd like to think that most of you keep coming back not only because you like me as a person but because you like this fanbase but according to SmashFAQs that's literally impossible. "Being likeable to other people? WTF is that supposed to mean?!?"
*sigh*

I will put this in the nicest way possible: You can be a likable person but don’t try and say the entire reason people are here is for you, They’re here for Geno and as far as I know you’re not a bad*** wooden doll who can shoot lasers and other **** from their hands. You’re just a liar on the internet.

But that’s enough from me since after all I was chased off of the Geno Thread by all of your “fans” so I’ll just continue to be silent, one word of advice though, You should clean your act up cause you’re the embodiment of everything wrong with the Geno fanbase and give us a bad rep for nothing in return, You cloutchaser. Adios.

axel_

Smash Journeyman
Regarding Reimu, from someone that actually understands Touhou:

If there's any reason that Reimu would show up as a "le super special commemoration prize even though it isn't actually the character represented properly" Mii Costume it would be because Taito (whose parent company is Square Enix) has been handling a good chunk of Touhou merchandise and crossover material.
While it would be easy for me to pass this off as a reaffirmation that Reimu is gonna be a Mii Costume I'm still not gonna completely shut down any indie's chance of being playable, especially Reimu, like some people are.

It's hard for me to explain on my own but this post proves that ZUN is definitely pushing towards making Touhou Project a legitimate franchise. Many of the doujin leaker guy's actual leaks (which aren't speculation) end up being true, such as the Rakugaki crossover and the Vtuber collaboration, and they prove this. It's likely from Ruw-san's words that Nintendo is aware of Touhou and its popularity in Japan (and the West, the audience absolutely exists and is big enough, shut up).

Something with Touhou is absolutely going to happen with Smash.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, we are only three days until the first weekday of next week. Not the weekend. What days do you think anything Smash related will be announced and revealed, respectively?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
*sigh*

I will put this in the nicest way possible: You can be a likable person but don’t try and say the entire reason people are here is for you, They’re here for Geno and as far as I know you’re not a bad*** wooden doll who can shoot lasers and other **** from their hands. You’re just a liar on the internet.

But that’s enough from me since after all I was chased off of the Geno Thread by all of your “fans” so I’ll just continue to be silent, one word of advice though, You should clean your act up cause you’re the embodiment of everything wrong with the Geno fanbase and give us a bad rep for nothing in return, You cloutchaser. Adios.
I don't think he's lying; iirc some other people he's talked to have come out in support of what he's shared, even at least one dude who didn't trust him at first nor even liked Geno (or at least not this thread in particular, and the dude seemed a bit edgy towards us and another character's fans). He's also claimed nothing for 100%, just speculating based on some info he thinks is happening but has the potential to be wrong, some info of which others have backed up iirc (I guess basically what I said in the first sentence). Iirc everything people accused him of lying about were also just things that were speculation with the info it was based on not being called out as fake.

And, people bashing Geno fans wouldn't be any better anyway. May as well blame them too for generalizing us and being toxic.

Really, though, I don't get why people bash Fatman. There's no proof he's lied, he seems cool, so meh. No, Geno thread isn't a cult, no, we don't 100% agree with everything he says; no one needs to save the poor, delusional Geno fans from a serial liar.

Regarding Reimu, from someone that actually understands Touhou:

If there's any reason that Reimu would show up as a "le super special commemoration prize even though it isn't actually the character represented properly" Mii Costume it would be because Taito (whose parent company is Square Enix) has been handling a good chunk of Touhou merchandise and crossover material.
While it would be easy for me to pass this off as a reaffirmation that Reimu is gonna be a Mii Costume I'm still not gonna completely shut down any indie's chance of being playable, especially Reimu, like some people are.

It's hard for me to explain on my own but this post proves that ZUN is definitely pushing towards making Touhou Project a legitimate franchise. Many of the doujin leaker guy's actual leaks (which aren't speculation) end up being true, such as the Rakugaki crossover and the Vtuber collaboration, and they prove this. It's likely from Ruw-san's words that Nintendo is aware of Touhou and its popularity in Japan (and the West, the audience absolutely exists and is big enough, shut up).

Something with Touhou is absolutely going to happen with Smash.
Didn't realize Taito was owned by Square-Enix, heh. My bad, in my previous post I figured Touhou had similar connections with other companies :p

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I mean this website has a hate boner for Geno. Iv'e spend quite some time here to see new opinions and shtick and... Yeah , they have a... Special relationship with that character , to say the least.
People often tell us that we're an echo chamber , but the stuff Iv'e read on this website made me realize they're pretty much the opposite echo chamber lol.

You have users over there that will try to argue that Sakurai lied about his stance on Geno , that his moveset potential is fake , and that his popularity is only a "vocal minority" within the Smash fanbase. And sadly , quite a lot of them aren't open to much dialogue. I don't like to antagonize userbases , because I met quite some pleasent people there , but the part of this userbase that hate Geno like he broke a glass during a family dinner is something else.

And yeah , as other people said , they talk so much about Geno that I actually wonder if they talk more about the character than us. Either case , it's a win , we keep relevancy :4pacman:
Let's just remember that the haters don't even think anything's legitimately wrong with Geno. They hate him for the same reason they hated Ridley, K Rool, and Banjo. He's popular, and hating popular things makes you cool and interesting. After he gets in they'll just move on to the next target.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
*sigh*

I didn't say people were here because of me, I said people like me because they like me as a person. Clean up my act, eh? Okay, here's another $150 to the Operation Starfall Starlight Children's Foundation fundraiser. Golly, I'm such a sociopath.

https://donate.starlight.org/fundraiser/2686290

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
Ok? It came to PC first. So did Undertale, does that mean it has "microsoft" correlation? Of course not, that's ridiculous straw reaching, most indie games come out on PC first because it's just the cheapest and easiest because Valve lets basically anything on Steam.
Not only that, but also the fact that Cuphead came in a pack alongside Byleth of all characters when they could've swapped and waited for the next Microsoft character seems to me that this isn't a good criteria to define when each premium costume will arrive.

Speaking of, here's my predictions for Premium Miis if we have one for each pack, in no specific order:
- The Knight (Hollow Knight)
- Cadence (Crypt of the Necrodancer)
- Quote (Cave Story)
- Kris (Deltarune)
- Reimu (Touhou)
- Madeline (Celeste)

Another thing: if all characters speculated to be Mii Costumes turn out to be true (and considering that upgrades wouldn't bring the costume back with them), there would only be 9 Mii Costumes that we don't know about. Since the next pack is bound to be either a mix of grab bag with some Nintendo costume(s), we will probably get some confirmation of the list plus 1 or 2 of the remaining 9 possible slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom