• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I am noticing Reimu is being discussed a lot here so I guess I have to say something about it, seeing that tohou has already crossovered with Kirby it wouldn’t be a surprise to see Sakurai would reference Tohou is some way such as being mii costume or spirit.
But what I am not sure about if Sakurai would give team Shanghai Alice a rep before contacting other large company franchises, for example SNK is representing more than just fatal fury when Terry was added in.
I think if Reimu really had a huge fan demands it can cause a change just like Banjo.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Everyone is talking about Reimu? Okay I guess I will give my two cents on her chances. Usually I would say that indie characters probably have no shot seeing how three of the most popular indie characters, Sans, Cuphead and Shovel Knight got turned down, BUT I think Reimu is an exception. Touhou is ridiculously popular in Japan and its clear as day that ZUN is really trying to push this franchise. I also think ZUN is friends with Sakurai so it wouldn't be too far fetched to think Reimu could be a real possibility for being an actual playable character. Either way, I do expect some sort of Touhou content in the near future.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I'm getting so sick of articles and videos about the coming soon Amiibo thing popping up in my suggestions. Even Papagenos just uploaded a video about it today. When will people figure out it's just Squirtle?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm getting so sick of articles and videos about the coming soon Amiibo thing popping up in my suggestions. Even Papagenos just uploaded a video about it today. When will people figure out it's just Squirtle?
In PapaGenos' video, he brings up that it could be Squirtle around the 9 minute mark. However, it works well for getting people to watch, since people have been waiting months for any kind of Smash news.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Indie's are out of the running, hasn't this been clear?
Sans and Cuphead likely would of been the only ones picked to be that Indie fighter due to them being popular around the world.
But that didn't happen.

That long list was likely songs that Sakurai and his team picked out and sent it over to Zun to pick one to remix.

23 songs getting remixed makes no sense, and a indie becoming fighter would of happened by now, so it likely wont for a very long time.
Sans an CUphead both have a lack of moveset potential, Cuphead is just a jump and shoot character with none of the sheer variety like say Megaman and Sans's moves in Undertale would be difficult to translate into Smash.

Dont equate their populairty as the sole factor for an indie's chances. Shantae has a wealth of potential and got in the base game, we've yet to see if spirits are out and ARMS might break the rule.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
While updating the original post (since a user asked me to put their username in the supporters list), I noticed that my username was absent. I've added it, but has anyone else been overlooked, or does anyone else want their username in the supporters list? (I have to leave shortly, so I might not be able to get to it right away)

EDIT: to be clear, I'll like the responses to this when I've seen them and added the people who request it, so I don't have to reply to every single one saying that I've added their name to the list.

Last edited:

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
While updating the original post (since a user asked me to put their username in the supporters list), I noticed that my username was absent. I've added it, but has anyone else been overlooked, or does anyone else want their username in the supporters list? (I have to leave shortly, so I might not be able to get to it right away)
I would like my name to be included please.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
I would like to be added please!

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
I would like it too!

RedMachine123

Smash Apprentice
Could I be added too please?

Lagguino

Smash Apprentice
On a cloud with some kid to defeat the Red Ribbon

EDIT: to be clear, I'll like the responses to this when I've seen them and added the people who request it, so I don't have to reply to every single one saying that I've added their name to the list.
Just checked it. Im also not there. Would loved to be added please.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey! Add me please!

Last edited by a moderator:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Geno's ultimate fate is needed soon so a group connected to him can finally gain closure and move on with their lives, and more and more it appears that this group that obsesses over his status isn't the Geno fanbase.

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman

Please add me to the list too!

GodzillaGuy64

Smash Apprentice

Add me in too, please!

6eyondthegrave

Smash Apprentice
If Geno's stage wasn't the Forest Maze, what would you want it to be?

...though thinking about it, maybe I should rule out Bowser's Keep, since that seems like an obvious second choice since it's on the cover and title screen of the game. (seriously, how have we not gotten a proper Bowser's Castle stage yet?)
I definitely want Bower’s Keep with all the RPG bosses as stage hazards.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Geno's ultimate fate is needed soon so a group connected to him can finally gain closure and move on with their lives, and more and more it appears that this group that obsesses over his status isn't the Geno fanbase.
LOL this. Geno isn't in my top most-wanteds but I would generally like to see him in, and from my perspective the people who bring him up for no reason or in completely out of context discussions are the Geno haters.

Heoj

Smash Ace
i just took a look at the supporter list and its honestly amazing to see so many users with the geno hat in their profile pic(as well as pictures of geno). It would be interesting to know just how many supporters actually have it, tho that would be kind of a pain to actually count.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Lots of Touhou stuff was shown at the 2020 Indie Live Expo event... Pretty interesting timing considering what we were talking about yesterday, if ya get what I’m putting down.

5D136563-AD7D-45D8-BCDA-A416AE6BD696.jpeg

(obviously game announcements don’t automatically correlate to smash, and there’s no guarantee touhou and smrpg smash content are linked anyways. but screw the disclaimers, i wanna believe dangit!)

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792

I’d like to be added too please! I haven’t been here long but trust me when I say I’ve been supporting Geno since Brawl (mostly in my small Ontario town).

But hey, that just goes to show that if there are people like me who quietly rooted for Geno in my small town, there’s probably others like me around the world as well doing the same!

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Lots of Touhou stuff was shown at the 2020 Indie Live Expo event... Pretty interesting timing considering what we were talking about yesterday, if ya get what I’m putting down.

View attachment 273986
(obviously game announcements don’t automatically correlate to smash, and there’s no guarantee touhou and smrpg smash content are linked anyways. but screw the disclaimers, i wanna believe dangit!)
Watching the Indie Live Expo 2020 upload now and just saw ZUN at around the 3:25:00 mark. Indeed, all this Touhou love really makes you think (taking into consideration what's been discussed on this thread recently concerning Touhou and Geno).

MattX20

Smash Hero
The next few days will be very tense for a lot of fandoms and not just the Geno fans should it turn out we get the Smash presentation/direct on or before the 11th. If the ARMS fighter breaks one of those "rules", it will be one of great excitement

MisterMike

Smash Champion

I'm pretty sure I'm already on the list, but juuuust to make sure... add me to the list!

The next few days will be very tense for a lot of fandoms and not just the Geno fans should it turn out we get the Smash presentation/direct on or before the 11th.
I know that there's a good chance it'll be dropping on or around the 11th, but why is everyone so damn certain of that date all of a sudden? For all we know they could be taking it to the end of the line... that is to say, later in the month.

If the ARMS fighter breaks one of those "rules", it will be one of great excitement!
I think it's extremely likely that it'll happen. Given that one third of ARMS' fighters, coincidentally their most popular 5 characters, are already included as Spirits, there's a great chance that the ARMS Fighter will be one of those guys.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
The next few days will be very tense for a lot of fandoms and not just the Geno fans should it turn out we get the Smash presentation/direct on or before the 11th. If the ARMS fighter breaks one of those "rules", it will be one of great excitement
In terms of speculation:

If the ARMs character is a promotion, all hell will break loose.

If the ARMs character is a new character, all hell will break loose.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
i just took a look at the supporter list and its honestly amazing to see so many users with the geno hat in their profile pic(as well as pictures of geno). It would be interesting to know just how many supporters actually have it, tho that would be kind of a pain to actually count.
i havent payed attention about it before but its amazing now that i saw it!
also one of those supporters is Shorts Shorts rest in peace ;-;

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure I'm already on the list, but juuuust to make sure... add me to the list!

I know that there's a good chance it'll be dropping on or around the 11th, but why is everyone so damn certain of that date all of a sudden? For all we know they could be taking it to the end of the line... that is to say, later in the month.

I think it's extremely likely that it'll happen. Given that one third of ARMS' fighters, coincidentally their most popular 5 characters, are already included as Spirits, there's a great chance that the ARMS Fighter will be one of those guys.
Because of the fact that even if the release of FP6 is pushed a week or two later, the reveals need to be done soon if there are multiple reveals and 3rd party reveals likely have a date set in stone of when they must be done.

axel_

Smash Journeyman
But what I am not sure about if Sakurai would give team Shanghai Alice a rep before contacting other large company franchises, for example SNK is representing more than just fatal fury when Terry was added in.
>Team Shanghai Alice
>a large company

In truth it's really just ZUN and a few of his friends.
1591462249404.png

Last edited:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Okay guys, so if we're getting the smash info next week:

Sunday announcement for Monday?
Sunday announcement for Tuesday?
Monday announcement for Tuesday?
Tuesday morning (EST) announcement for Tuesday afternoon (EST)?
Tuesday shadowdrop announcement?
Tuesday announcement for Thursday?
Wednesday announcement for Thursday?
Thursday morning (EST) announcement for Thursday afternoon (EST)?
Thursday shadowdrop announcement?

Bremy

Smash Apprentice
Was just thinking. Geno getting at least announced next to an arms fighter makes a lot of sense since he can shoot his arms out similar to the arms characters.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Okay guys, so if we're getting the smash info next week:

Sunday announcement for Monday?
Sunday announcement for Tuesday?

Monday announcement for Tuesday?
Tuesday morning (EST) announcement for Tuesday afternoon (EST)?
Tuesday shadowdrop announcement?

Tuesday announcement for Thursday?
Wednesday announcement for Thursday?
Thursday morning (EST) announcement for Thursday afternoon (EST)?
Thursday shadowdrop announcement?
I've went ahead and Strikethroughed everything that I super-doubt.
- Nintendo very likely won't announce anything on a Sunday.
- They likely won't shadowdrop Smash news, especially reveals.
- They likely won't announce something in the AM for a PM reveal the same day.

We will either get:
- A Monday announcement for Tuesday or Wednesday
- A Tuesday announcement for Wednesday or Thursday, or
- A Wednesday announcement for Thursday

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I've been seeing posts where people are planning to do community things in the event Geno gets revealed/confirmed for Smash Bros.

We will begin our Thank You letter sign up efforts as soon as we hear anything regarding Geno/SMRPG so I will be sure to push that hard so it spreads like wild fire. Taking a note from our fellow K.Rool fans. I feel like it would be a really great way to cap off our efforts.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I've went ahead and Strikethroughed everything that I super-doubt.
- Nintendo very likely won't announce anything on a Sunday.
- They likely won't shadowdrop Smash news, especially reveals.
- They likely won't announce something in the AM for a PM reveal the same day.

We will either get:
- A Monday announcement for Tuesday or Wednesday
- A Tuesday announcement for Wednesday or Thursday, or
- A Wednesday announcement for Thursday
My guess would be Wednesday or Thursday, as I see Monday as the least likely.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
My guess would be Wednesday or Thursday, as I see Monday as the least likely.
I think Tuesday is still a good possibility for the Smash reveals, which is why I left Monday for the announcement. There won't be anything *on* Monday but the possibility of an announcement.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I think Tuesday is still a good possibility for the Smash reveals, which is why I left Monday for the announcement. There won't be anything *on* Monday but the possibility of an announcement.
It's possible, but history with Smash direct or presentation announcements favored Tuesday and Wednesday more

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman

Add me please!

Polarthief

Smash Lord
It's possible, but history with Smash direct or presentation announcements favored Tuesday and Wednesday more
Actually, Byleth's Sakurai/reveal video was on a Thursday, Terry and Banjo's Sakurai videos were on Wednesdays, and Hero's Sakurai video, E3, and the April Smash News videos were all on Tuesdays. Past that, the final pre-launch Direct (November) was on a Thursday, and the August Direct was on a Wednesday. In its entirety, that'd 3 Tuedays, 3 Thursdays, and 2 Wednesdays, so there's no favortism, except Wednesday is slightly behind, though this is just the entire history of Ultimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom