• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
*sigh*

I will put this in the nicest way possible: You can be a likable person but don’t try and say the entire reason people are here is for you, They’re here for Geno and as far as I know you’re not a bad*** wooden doll who can shoot lasers and other **** from their hands. You’re just a liar on the internet.

But that’s enough from me since after all I was chased off of the Geno Thread by all of your “fans” so I’ll just continue to be silent, one word of advice though, You should clean your act up cause you’re the embodiment of everything wrong with the Geno fanbase and give us a bad rep for nothing in return, You cloutchaser. Adios.
Yikes. And you wonder why you got chased out.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Yikes. And you wonder why you got chased out.
It's best to just ignore them. They've already been warned for flaming, and if they're in this thread to troll, then they want the attention.

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
Post yfw "and one more thing..." at the end of the ARMS character presentation.
1591381376472.png

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
It's best to just ignore them. They've already been warned for flaming, and if they're in this thread to troll, then they want the attention.
Will do. I do just want to say though, for anyone watching, as someone who has tended to be skeptical of Fatmanonice Fatmanonice theories and occasionally calls out the ones I think are reaching, he's absolutely not lying to us or chasing clout. He's sharing his thoughts and theories with us because he genuinely cares about this fanbase, and his posts are a big part of why we've been able to have almost 3000 pages of discussion.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Yeah, who knew theory crafting is a bad thing to do on a support thread.

I guess Smashboards is going to have to close a ton of threads and only allow threads about character/fighter strategies. Mods will have a lot easier job of maintaining the website, eh?

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Let's just remember that the haters don't even think anything's legitimately wrong with Geno. They hate him for the same reason they hated Ridley, K Rool, and Banjo. He's popular, and hating popular things makes you cool and interesting. After he gets in they'll just move on to the next target.
And despite how much even the name makes their blood boil, never forget: they are constantly watching this thread.

You know, you'd think having a thread on one site to keep tabs and rally against a thread on a completely different site would get alot more backlash or mockery than a fanbase who at their worse could be seen as obnoxious, but apparently not.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Indie's are out of the running, hasn't this been clear?
Sans and Cuphead likely would of been the only ones picked to be that Indie fighter due to them being popular around the world.
But that didn't happen.

That long list was likely songs that Sakurai and his team picked out and sent it over to Zun to pick one to remix.

23 songs getting remixed makes no sense, and a indie becoming fighter would of happened by now, so it likely wont for a very long time.
If Shovel Knight, Cuphead, and Undertale don't make it in, and Shantae doesn't either (is Shantae still "indie" at this point?), I think that pretty definitively kills indies for having a chance of getting in. A lot of their very popular reps are out already. Quote/Curly Brace (Cave Story) are like some of the last ones I can think of, but I think SK, Cuphead, and UT arre all more popular and well-known at this point than even Cave Story. There's The (Hollow) Knight, but I just don't see that happening.

Speaking of, here's my predictions for Premium Miis if we have one for each pack, in no specific order:
- The Knight (Hollow Knight)
- Cadence (Crypt of the Necrodancer)
- Quote (Cave Story)
- Kris (Deltarune)
- Reimu (Touhou)
- Madeline (Celeste)
That would be amazing if we actually got this for a Premium list fir the next 6, though I'd love to see Curly get her own costume alongside Quote.

Also (presumably), 4~6 days left, I just want it to happen already!

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
*Geno when he sees people hating on him despite already receiving the invite from Sakurai
IMG_20200214_155209.png

It is inevitable. Maybe not #7, but he'll be in Fighters Pass Vol. 2. I feel it in my bones. I don't need to make more arguments as to why I think it'll happen. You all know the reasons. As I've said before, just keep on believing lads and lassies, your boy will return from Star Road soon enough.

Also (since I repeat this almost as much as my boy Malo Mart Malo Mart does with Cacodemon), everyone, repeat after me...

"Spirits are PNGs and if Nintendo or another company really want that character in, they'll be in."

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Slender said he was going to make a bigass post about his Touhou findings so, in the meantime, I think we have a decent chance of 3 reveals at E3. I feel like this is the case because of how things lined up for Smash 4 DLC and the Fighter's Pass.

Smash 4: Mewtwo revealed in late October 2014.

-Mewtwo released in April 2015. Lucas announced. Roy and Ryu already found in the game's code.

-Lucas, Roy, and Ryu released in June.

Total time: Roughly 8 months; 4 character reveals, 4 releases.

Fighter's Pass: Plant revealed in early November 2018, Joker December 2018.

-Plant released February 2019, Joker April 2019.

-Hero and Banjo revealed June 2019.

Total time: Roughly 8 months; 4 character reveals, 2 releases.

Season 2: Technically announced early September 2019.

-Officially announced January 2020.

-6 slated to be announced June 2020.

Total time: Roughly 10 months. Technically 1 reveal, 0 releases. (Even if you factor in the Fighter's Pass, it's still only 2 reveals and 2 releases).

Honestly, it feels behind. Even if you fast-pass to the official Season 2 announcement, that's still 6 months with only a "half" reveal.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Slender said he was going to make a bigass post about his Touhou findings so, in the meantime, I think we have a decent chance of 3 reveals at E3. I feel like this is the case because of how things lined up for Smash 4 DLC and the Fighter's Pass.

Smash 4: Mewtwo revealed in late October 2014.

-Mewtwo released in April 2015. Lucas announced. Roy and Ryu already found in the game's code.

-Lucas, Roy, and Ryu released in June.

Total time: Roughly 8 months; 4 character reveals, 4 releases.

Fighter's Pass: Plant revealed in early November 2018, Joker December 2018.

-Plant released February 2019, Joker April 2019.

-Hero and Banjo revealed June 2019.

Total time: Roughly 8 months; 4 character reveals, 2 releases.

Season 2: Technically announced early September 2019.

-Officially announced January 2020.

-6 slated to be announced June 2020.

Total time: Roughly 10 months. Technically 1 reveal, 0 releases. (Even if you factor in the Fighter's Pass, it's still only 2 reveals and 2 releases).

Honestly, it feels behind. Even if you fast-pass to the official Season 2 announcement, that's still 6 months with only a "half" reveal.
Careful Fatman, if you speak too much you'll cause people to explode from their blood boiling too much.

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
But that just makes me even more concerned because they had a BIG list of songs. That would imply that Reimu is the fighter, and NOT Geno, right?
Yeah, I'm not sure about that theory either. If we're being honest, Geno's design is a lot simpler than Reimu's and would translate better to a premium costume than her's would.

Not that I think Geno would be a premium costume though. We've already had two Mii Gunners ones, we don't need a third.
This is gonna be a long one. Fatmanonice Fatmanonice summarized it, but I can elaborate. Before I begin, I'd like to say that this is all purely speculation. There is no 100% guarantee that this is happening. I do not have info, I am simply theorycrafting in this drought period. I was also planning to get this out a bit earlier, as seen by who I'm replying to, but my power has been cutting in and out, so this will have to do. I'm going to spoiler the setup for this theory to save space, so if you don't know what I'm talking about, please take a look at them to catch the scoop.

On October 19, 2019, Twitter user @ReimuForSmash tweets about a supposed list of songs leaked by a "gut in a Touhou doujin circle".
In the replies to this Tweet, a list of 23 songs is given, as well as some additional info:
- The leaker is one who has leaked things regarding Touhou and has been correct.
- The listed songs are getting remixes. We don't know if we'll get music beyond that from ZUN himself.
- The leaker went out and said it's for Smash.
- This has been something that has been building since April when rumors started going around when doujin circles are being called in to remix songs for Smash.

The supposed leaker is said to be one that predicted the announcement of Antimony of Common Flowers for Nintendo Switch about a week prior on 5ch.
Sometime in August, this is said by the same person in a DLC prediction thread. They are apparently linked by a poster ID of some kind, which is also the reasoning for the tie of these two instances and the song list. This came and went as simply something odd. This individual will be mentioned as the Doujin Leaker from here on.

On March 12, 2020, a group of posts on 5ch are highlighted in the Reimu SmashBoards thread. In these messages, talk of Reimu or Touhou content in Smash is struck once again, with Geno of all characters caught in the mix as well. Here is a link to the thread, and here are the posts in question (translation from Ayumi Tachibana on the Reimu thread):

Post 493
This is not a leak just me being delusional so don't be mad and listen.
To get straight to the point, it's gonna be Reimu and Geno.
And poor Marisa was Geno (doesn't make sense I know).
Come to think of it, they're all Square Enix related.

Post 498
So this is my last leak (fantasy).
For all I care ☆

Post 501
Laser beam and star danmaku show up and aim for Reimu in the mushroom forest.
This has to be a reference to Marisa right?

Post 504
That's it everything was my fantasy so if they came true then that's just because my intuition and ability to read atmosphere of the vicinity was good enough.

Post 512
If I'm being honest at last, was Reimu really that much of a character to join Smash?

Normally, this would not stand out in a thread like this, but Ayumi brings these messages up as those of the Doujin Leaker. This is based off of information they could gather from older posts, such as "interests and hangouts", as well as their claim of "fantasies", which was a common trend with this leaker's information about Touhou after the events of April. Again, interesting, but nothing too out of the ordinary in Smash spec.

https://live2.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv320962238
A niconico stream regarding Touhou, known as Touhou Station, holds it's 19th episode. Within this, "Unknown Sponsor X" is listed in their program banner. Guests on the stream then attempted to guess who it was, with answers including Sony, Takeshobo, Bank of Japan, and more. X would then be seen in subsequent episodes (Episode 20, Episode 21, and Episode 22), as well as the Touhou site Touhou Garakuta and a convention in China.
The identity of this sponsor is still unknown.

Alright, this is a lot, so let's dive into it. In this situation, we are assuming that the Doujin Leaker is hearing legitimate information regarding Touhou and Smash to some extent. Where do we even begin? Let's start with the second spoiler tab.

These messages set up the following ideas:
- Reimu and Geno are involved with Smash in some form.
- Marisa was Geno?
- Laser beams and star danmaku appear alongside Reimu in the "mushroom forest".
- Reimu, Marisa, and Geno are related to Square Enix.

With the information in the first tab, we also know this:
- In April of 2019, doujin circles apparently heard news of remixes of Touhou music for Smash.
- A list of 23 songs was leaked in October, with the list being potential remixes of Touhou tracks.

Now, here's where I sorta fly off the rails and give you my crazy theory on what could be happening. I believe that Geno will come as a playable character, with Reimu serving as his Deluxe Mii Costume for his pass. Furthermore, I believe that Unknown Sponsor X is Square Enix based off of this information.

"Why would Reimu be the Mii Costume and Geno the character? Couldn't it be the other way around?"
There is always the possibility that this could be the case, but here is why I think that Reimu will be the costume. In the Doujin Leaker's posts, they mention Marisa being Geno, as well as Reimu fighting in the "mushroom forest". Believe it or not, there is a lot in common between the two. Marisa Kirisame of the Touhou franchise is a light and heat magician (and friendly rival of Reimu), who lives in the Forest of Magic. Another resident of the Forest of Magic, Alice Margatroid, is a, get this, "doll-controlling magician". We certainly know of a doll famous for walking around mushroom forests, now don't we? It seems that Geno could be a spiritual (haha) replacement for Marisa in a scene within a Forest. Now, we have no forest stages in Smash at the moment, but we sure know someone who could come with one. EDIT: Is Distant Planet in a forest? If so, that maybe counts.

To me, this sounds like what they'd do to reveal the Reimu costume. Little nods throughout the reveal of a Deluxe Costume are already a thing, like Sans' costume being on stages like Pictochat and Balloon Fight to represent the look of Undertale, and both the intro and run 'n gun lookalike within Cuphead's reveal. In my head, I see Geno using Geno Beam towards a Reimu Mii with items and projectiles to reference the chaos of bullet hell games like Touhou.

One more tidbit that strikes me as odd is the leaker's last message. "If I'm being honest at last, was Reimu really that much of a character to join Smash?" This stands out as very weird to me, as the entirety of the messages beforehand make you believe he's talking about Reimu as a character. This wavering thought is very interesting, but I can't make much of it unless I strain some muscles from reaching too hard. (Ironic, yea?)

"What about the 26 supposed remixes? They would not bring 26 tracks with one costume!"
You're right, they wouldn't, but would they bring 26 remixes with a DLC character? Terry came with a whopping 50 tracks, and this came at the immense surprise of Sakurai and his dev team. Within those 50 tracks, 19 of them are new arrangements. This leads me to believe that not every song on this leaked list will actually be made into a new arrangement. In fact, I think that only one of them will. With what we have talked about, this to me looks like a list of songs that were picked by the dev team and sent to ZUN and supporting artists with the instruction to choose one to remix.

"Why would Square Enix be Unknown Sponsor X?"
I came to the conclusion that Square could be X based off of a few things. First, the Doujin Leaker makes the statement "Come to think of it, they're all Square Enix related.", with the "they're" being Reimu, Marisa, and Geno. We obviously know how Geno is related, but what about the Touhou content? Well, others have brought this up, but a child company of Square Enix known as Taito has been involved with Touhou content, including Touhou Spell Bubble, a game that is considered non-canon, but still officially licensed. Another fun fact to throw into the ring is that ZUN, the creator of the Touhou Project, used to work at Taito. He was an employee of Taito from 1999 to 2007, where he then left to focus on Touhou. Word around also says that Taito tried to buy the rights to the franchise from ZUN while he was still working with them, so Taito and by extention Square could still be interested.

Some little additions
- Having Reimu as a Mii Costume would continue the trend of indie characters receiving special treatment, with this being further dug in by Touhou's music being such an important factor to the game franchise.
- This does not clash with Fatman's Mii Costume rumors, but actually adds to them.
- This could also all be for nothing, but who cares?

Aaaaaaaaand that's it! Hopefully you enjoyed reading this short novel explaining something that may not even exist. It has certainly been a dry spell, so I thought I'd dive deep into this and pick some brains out there. I am not well-versed at all on Touhou content, so if there's anything I missed or incorrectly mentioned, please let me know!

Last edited:

axel_

Smash Journeyman
I don't think he's lying; iirc some other people he's talked to have come out in support of what he's shared, even at least one dude who didn't trust him at first nor even liked Geno (or at least not this thread in particular, and the dude seemed a bit edgy towards us and another character's fans). He's also claimed nothing for 100%, just speculating based on some info he thinks is happening but has the potential to be wrong, some info of which others have backed up iirc (I guess basically what I said in the first sentence). Iirc everything people accused him of lying about were also just things that were speculation with the info it was based on not being called out as fake.

And, people bashing Geno fans wouldn't be any better anyway. May as well blame them too for generalizing us and being toxic.

Really, though, I don't get why people bash Fatman. There's no proof he's lied, he seems cool, so meh. No, Geno thread isn't a cult, no, we don't 100% agree with everything he says; no one needs to save the poor, delusional Geno fans from a serial liar.
I've seen people talk about it with better translations. He's definitely not lying, it's just that it's hard to separate his actual leaks from his wishes because of the language barrier and he never specifies which is which.

QQS

Smash Lord
We all be shocked (in a good way) with tears of joy when Geno gets announced. I would be amazed and appreciating it every second. Feeling and living the moment.

But Pooper would probably have a heart attack. Love this guy reaction. Would pay to see his reaction when Geno gets announced. Hope he films it hahaha

GENO SQUARES UP INTO SMASH!

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I'm not going to give the post a reply but I still think the most baffling thing people say about Fatman is calling him a clout chaser. Like, dude, the only place he publicly posts stuff is this thread, which has like, what, 70-80 people in it right now, which is already above average? This B-Tier Internet Forum is REALLY the place he'd go to gain clout instead of dozens of more popular sites? Really? Do you think there's some crazy underground system where he extorts money from the thread or something?

I'm saying this as someone who really doesn't even fully believe or stand by anything he's said. I like him as a person, we tend to agree on a lot of fundamental stuff, but do I take his word as gospel? God no, I just treat what he says as just speculation, stuff that might happen, Nobody is expecting you to fully believe what he claims, he's even said before he doesn't mind that people will tend to disagree or not believe him on certain points. If you really think he's a complete lying fraud, then just ignore him, it's not like he posts outside of here, it really isn't hard.
  • BUT SOMEONE KEEPS BRINGING HIM UP IN MY GAMEFAQS THREEAAAAAD
Again, just ignore it if you don't believe him. I've personally never seen him ever even get brought up outside of this thread (though I browse pretty much everywhere that isn't named GameFaqs). If people in this thread do keep bringing him up outside of here, sorry? That doesn't mean you need to come here and dump on this thread. And if anyone in this thread is actually bringing him up on other sites, why? It consistently attracts trolls here and does nothing good for the thread.

Last edited:

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
Hello everyone its been a while. Glad to see things are going well. I justed wanted to come back really quick to say nice to see all of you again. Here is to geno for smash
Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 8.53.35 PM.png

Griselda

Smash Lord
blood boiling
*Ashina flashbacks*

..Wait... A cool, calm and quiet warrior who has sworn to serve someone important... goes on a quest to collect an arbitrary number of divine objects... has lots of weapons built into his arm...

geno sekiro meme.PNG

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I've seen people talk about it with better translations. He's definitely not lying, it's just that it's hard to separate his actual leaks from his wishes because of the language barrier and he never specifies which is which.
Oh, I was talking about Fatman, as a reply to Shotostar. I know the doujin leaker has some fantasies and stuff, but I understand some of what he's said has come true and whatnot.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Hmm...how long have the physical cards for the second fighter pass been out for again? I know it's been over 4 months since the second Fighter Pass has been out

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Heyo fellers! Apologies for being absent in the thread lately, I just haven't had the motivation to peruse it much. I'll just say it now in case I don't get back here in the foreseeable future: I really, REALLY think this is our time, we're right in the same time of the year as the Banjo reveal trailer on E3 2019, so at worst, the fabled Geno unveiling can't be much further. And I'm glad I'm not alone in this thought, I can see the community, here, on Discord and everywhere else, brimming with hope and optimism. Just take a look at the amount of interactions in this tweet featuring the little list of the evidence stacked on our boy's favor I compiled:

LET'S ****ING GOOOOOOOOO!

Great to see the Geno spirit (pun not intended) alive and kicking. Let's keep it up!

Post yfw "and one more thing..." at the end of the ARMS character presentation.
View attachment 273894
well, what else...

Geno_Hyper.png

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
*Geno when he sees people hating on him despite already receiving the invite from Sakurai
View attachment 273898

It is inevitable. Maybe not #7, but he'll be in Fighters Pass Vol. 2. I feel it in my bones. I don't need to make more arguments as to why I think it'll happen. You all know the reasons. As I've said before, just keep on believing lads and lassies, your boy will return from Star Road soon enough.

Also (since I repeat this almost as much as my boy Malo Mart Malo Mart does with Cacodemon), everyone, repeat after me...

"Spirits are PNGs and if Nintendo or another company really want that character in, they'll be in."
It's honestly surprising how much they hate us even though we've never done any harm to anyone.
PicsArt_06-05-09.03.41-1.jpg

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
I do wanna say something about Fatman and this thread, because while Fatman has in some sense become a leader figure for this thread, people seem to forget that this thread’s growth can largely be contributed to so many other people as well.
I like Fatman as much as the next guy. The theories, information, and speculation he brings to the table usually gives us a ton of food for thought, especially in times of drought. It also helps that he’s an overall nice guy with a knack for witty writing. It’s easy to see why people consider him one of the forefront members of the Geno for Smash movement.

I also immensely respect Fatman for pretty much accepting and embracing this role of leader, and thus taking a lot of the beatings people try to throw at Geno fans. The man’s family got doxxed for talking about Smash rumors, and yet he still shows up every day in this thread despite that. If that’s not commitment I dunno what is.

But enough doing the exact thing I’m about to criticize. The point I wanted to make was that Geno is not at the forefront of Smash speculation because of one or two important people, he’s there because of everyone else.

Sure, people like Fatman, PapaGenos, and Slender organize large scale events and speculation, but without everyone else these ideas would go nowhere. It’s people like you, the person reading this thread, and just anyone who likes Geno who got him here in the first place.

Whenever I see some bitter user come into this thread and spew vitriol and accuse everyone of just following Fatman, I always sigh. People come here because they want Geno to join Smash, and they stick around for the fellow users, discussions, and speculation. I doubt a single person here 100% agrees with Fatman and every thing he says, because we’re all smart enough to know that he isn’t an all knowing god, and that he isn’t all there is to Smash speculation and Geno.
Anyways those are just my two cents on the matter. Geno is only where he is today because of everyone supporting him. I hope none of you feel like you’re not contributing enough, because you wanting Geno in Smash is plenty.

Let’s get this show on the road Genobros!

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
>This thread, after Geno is revealed and the discussion thread becomes an official character thread along with all the Fighters Pass 1 characters like Hero, Banjo, and Terry

Screenshot (232).png

"GOOD MORNING, MY NEIGHBORS!"

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
From Delzethin's video, boy oh boy would I'd be SUPER overjoyed if the Fighters Pass Vol. 2 ended up being:

• ARMS (Springman or Min Min would be fine)
  • Geno
  • Rayman
  • Crash
  • Doom Slayer
  • Quote (SURPRISE!!!)

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Quote (SURPRISE!!!)
As much as I love Cave Story, I just don't think it deserves to have the first playable indie fighter. Also, does the original creator even own the game anymore? Wasn't there that whole issue with Nicalis? If there still is, I doubt Sakurai/Nintendo would want to deal with that; Nicalis has been extra ****** in the last while; the final Binding of Isaac expansion is likely gonna be their last bit of work in the indie scene.

But yeah, I just don't think it should go to Quote. Honestly, I don't think any indie is gonna be playable in Ultimate. Smash 6? Maybe, but if UT, SK, and Cuphead all got Costumed or AT'd, I just don't see it (even if Spring Man becomes playable, I still don't think SK will become playable).

<snipped the Spoiler> I hope none of you feel like you’re not contributing enough, because you wanting Geno in Smash is plenty.
Jesus, what did I miss over the last few pages?

Last edited:

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Jesus, what did I miss over the last few pages?
Haha, you didn’t miss anything serious. Someone came onto the thread again and pretty much said “Fatman sucks and his goons chased me out”. They got flagged and we moved on, making that pretty much the end of it. It got me thinking though and I wanted to share my thoughts on how this thread operates, and why Fatman isn’t some mob boss we all unconditionally believe.
It was also just some catharsis. For all we know, we could be in the endgame. I wanted to just let everyone know that if Geno does get in, they have themselves and eachother to thank.

Oops, there I go again, rambling on. This Smash presentation needs to happen before I start spilling even more of my guts out...

Powerman293

Smash Ace
I've been playing the FF7 Remake recently and it makes me think what a Super Mario RPG remake in that style would look like. It obviously would not be as detailed as FF7R being on the PS4. But imagine an ultra high quality official HD model of Geno from Nintendo or Square.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
I didn't say people were here because of me, I said people like me because they like me as a person. Clean up my act, eh? Okay, here's another $150 to the Operation Starfall Starlight Children's Foundation fundraiser. Golly, I'm such a sociopath.

https://donate.starlight.org/fundraiser/2686290
I just want to say that even if we don't get Geno , the fact that we helped Starlight so much means a lot to me. I sadly can't give money , but as far as I'm aware , we're one of the only "Character4Smash" community who did that. Not saying we're "better than the other" , but stuff like that just make me happy to be in that community.

---

Also , I changed my mind , betting on CP7 getting revealed with ARMS fighter.
It's a bit dumb to forget that but... ARMS already got the spotlight for 2 months , everyone played the free trial and speculated and stuff. ARMS got the spotlight for a while , so imo , even if CP7 overshadow the ARMS rep , they did get their push for ARMS and that's probably what mattered the most for them.

Still confident in Geno , here's hoping for the best.
Also yeah , one of his costumes has to be one of the most influencial character in gaming.
This mad lad.png

D

Deleted member

I just want to say that even if we don't get Geno , the fact that we helped Starlight so much means a lot to me. I sadly can't give money , but as far as I'm aware , we're one of the only "Character4Smash" community who did that. Not saying we're "better than the other" , but stuff like that just make me happy to be in that community.

---

Also , I changed my mind , betting on CP7 getting revealed with ARMS fighter.
It's a bit dumb to forget that but... ARMS already got the spotlight for 2 months , everyone played the free trial and speculated and stuff. ARMS got the spotlight for a while , so imo , even if CP7 overshadow the ARMS rep , they did get their push for ARMS and that's probably what mattered the most for them.

Still confident in Geno , here's hoping for the best.
Also yeah , one of his costumes has to be one of the most influencial character in gaming.
I was about to like your post but then I saw Gex.

Just joking, have a like.

HudU

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4165 4708 0120
*Ashina flashbacks*

..Wait... A cool, calm and quiet warrior who has sworn to serve someone important... goes on a quest to collect an arbitrary number of divine objects... has lots of weapons built into his arm...

View attachment 273903
Nice edit!
Heyo fellers! Apologies for being absent in the thread lately, I just haven't had the motivation to peruse it much. I'll just say it now in case I don't get back here in the foreseeable future: I really, REALLY think this is our time, we're right in the same time of the year as the Banjo reveal trailer on E3 2019, so at worst, the fabled Geno unveiling can't be much further. And I'm glad I'm not alone in this thought, I can see the community, here, on Discord and everywhere else, brimming with hope and optimism. Just take a look at the amount of interactions in this tweet featuring the little list of the evidence stacked on our boy's favor I compiled:

LET'S ****ING GOOOOOOOOO!

Great to see the Geno spirit (pun not intended) alive and kicking. Let's keep it up!

well, what else...

View attachment 273906
Its crazy that after all this time he could be revealed as a character very soon. I maybe considered relatively new compared to the people wanting Geno for over a decade at this point, but regardless, all this talk and speculation over the years could lead to something in mere days. Im really hoping for his inclusion, and I have high hopes for Geno in pass 2.

I saw a post the other day about how people perceive the Geno smash community, and I forget where I saw the post, but I think it sums it up perfectly. To paraphrase, it said that all the person had seen out of the Geno community is positivity, and the only negative thing that has come from this was people complaining against Geno in a negative way, and I agree with this 100 percent. All Ive seen is positivity, with only a few ups and downs, (which in my opinion weren't even that bad because they weren't really "downs" more so just not very optimistic moments).

I know some people may lose hope if the arms character isn't a spirit, or gain hope if the arms character is a spirit, but I think its important to keep 2 things in mind. Have hope and be positive throughout all these situations. Also Cacomallow is real. https://aidn.jp/wowa/54712633

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've been considering doing a movie night thing when Geno gets in at the Star Road server.

Currently thinking which movies we could see. Disney's Aladdin seems like a plausible choice due to the theming about wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom