• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
The sudden change in atmosphere here gave me enough whiplash to snap my neck. It went from 'Geno's in and ARMs is coming soon!' to 'Things are going to get delayed so curb back your hope.' in 24 hours.
This happens every day. I think the morning posters are in general more jaded than the late evening posters.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Anybody know what happened to that Mephiles guy who was in here ages ago?
Last time Wynn posted here was... when the ARMS character got revealed I think? He hasn't really posted much at all since Byleth but he seemed a lot more chill last time he was here. Pretty sure he didn't get banned or anything, just decided to stop posting, take a break from all this, probably a good call. I honestly think he made good points when he wasn't being such a consistent cynic, and the high potential of the ARMS rep being an upgrade likely made him rethink his whole stance on "no upgrades because Nintendo hates us" thing he constantly pushed.

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Trolling
I see a bunch of posts replying to someone who is posting off-topic or anti-Geno posts

I don't even need to click "See ignored posts" to know who that is.

For me, it's Geno. I chose him because he looked the strongest out of all the dolls.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I see a bunch of posts replying to someone who is posting off-topic or anti-Geno posts

I don't even need to click "See ignored posts" to know who that is.

For me, it's Geno. I chose him because he looked the strongest out of all the dolls.
Holy cow, they say that in the game! How'd you know that? Aren't all Geno fans just memelords who've never played the game before and are just bandwagonners? :ultpacman:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Anybody know what happened to that Mephiles guy who was in here ages ago?
He's been banned via warnings. Last post was on the 23rd of April. No idea if it's permanent or just a very long ban, but yeah I'd say he's not coming back anytime soon. He's still active on twitter, though, same username as his (former?) Smashboards account.

Last edited:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
So what’s the next step when we get Geno in smash. I’m assuming from there we try and get square to give the rights back to Nintendo.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Gamefaqs is more obsessed with Geno than we are. They've helped a great deal keeping his name relevant.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
So what’s the next step when we get Geno in smash. I’m assuming from there we try and get square to give the rights back to Nintendo.
I will definitely be rooting for that too. In terms of Smash, I won't be done yet with characters I will be hoping for as I am still hoping for Crash And Waluigi

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
For me, the next step would be waiting for Geno to come out and then playing as him. I doubt that fans, no matter how dedicated, could encourage a company to give up rights to a character.

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792
I think the next step is to hopefully have Square and Nintendo collaborate on a new Mario game in the future and have Geno be a part of that game.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
They'd have to give up more than Geno anyway for it to be worth it to Nintendo. All the SMRPG contents that are specific to it so Nintendo can easily re-release the game with as little licensing problems as possible(might at most be music), but it also depends how much is strictly owned by Square-Enix. A lot of times, things like character designs, music, and rarely things in coding can be owned by someone else. SE generally has ownership divided among the employees, after all.

So it'd be great, if Nintendo were to buy the whole thing. But buying Geno alone more or less serves no purpose. It doesn't magically allow for instance re-releases of SMRPG, which is actually the most important thing of all. Cause that would get them the most money. If they aren't making money off of a character, what would buying it do for them? They're a business first.

I'd love it if Geno was 1st party, but things aren't simple.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
No one:
Not a single soul:

SmashFAQs:

View attachment 273871
I mean this website has a hate boner for Geno. Iv'e spend quite some time here to see new opinions and shtick and... Yeah , they have a... Special relationship with that character , to say the least.
People often tell us that we're an echo chamber , but the stuff Iv'e read on this website made me realize they're pretty much the opposite echo chamber lol.

You have users over there that will try to argue that Sakurai lied about his stance on Geno , that his moveset potential is fake , and that his popularity is only a "vocal minority" within the Smash fanbase. And sadly , quite a lot of them aren't open to much dialogue. I don't like to antagonize userbases , because I met quite some pleasent people there , but the part of this userbase that hate Geno like he broke a glass during a family dinner is something else.

And yeah , as other people said , they talk so much about Geno that I actually wonder if they talk more about the character than us. Either case , it's a win , we keep relevancy :4pacman:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'd like to think that most of you keep coming back not only because you like me as a person but because you like this fanbase but according to SmashFAQs that's literally impossible. "Being likeable to other people? WTF is that supposed to mean?!?"

Polarthief

Smash Lord
No one:
Not a single soul:

SmashFAQs:

View attachment 273871
****ing, lol. I probs won't be around here post-Geno, but I'll still exist and be pro-Geno, of course.

I doubt they'd ever do that, but the next step would be to push Nintendo/Square to make games that have Geno in them: Put him in Mario Kart, Mario Party, the sports games, etc spin-offs.

If we see any new BK stuff coming, that would be proof that mass fan-requesting can absolutely bring what you want.

Heoj

Smash Ace
Yeh i visit Gamefaqs every now and then and rarely 4chan(like maybe once a month), literally every time geno is brought up its always negative. On gamefaqs its mostly just people generally disliking and hating the character as well as hating the fanbase, however 4chan is on a whole nother level. Its some kind of toxic ****storm of mocking the character and fanbase and its just straight up disturbing what goes down there.

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
Yeh i visit Gamefaqs every now and then and rarely 4chan(like maybe once a month), literally every time geno is brought up its always negative. On gamefaqs its mostly just people generally disliking and hating the character as well as hating the fanbase, however 4chan is on a whole nother level. Its some kind of toxic ****storm of mocking the character and fanbase and its just straight up disturbing what goes down there.
They do this with a lot of fan favorites.
Just don't give it any attention, that is mostly what they're doing it for anyways.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I mean this website has a hate boner for Geno. Iv'e spend quite some time here to see new opinions and shtick and... Yeah , they have a... Special relationship with that character , to say the least.
People often tell us that we're an echo chamber , but the stuff Iv'e read on this website made me realize they're pretty much the opposite echo chamber lol.

You have users over there that will try to argue that Sakurai lied about his stance on Geno , that his moveset potential is fake , and that his popularity is only a "vocal minority" within the Smash fanbase. And sadly , quite a lot of them aren't open to much dialogue. I don't like to antagonize userbases , because I met quite some pleasent people there , but the part of this userbase that hate Geno like he broke a glass during a family dinner is something else.

And yeah , as other people said , they talk so much about Geno that I actually wonder if they talk more about the character than us. Either case , it's a win , we keep relevancy :4pacman:
Yeah true lol. Sometimes I feel people don't even come to this board and they just judge based on the number of pages. If they actually took the time to see what goes on here, then they would realize its an actual chill place.
I've learned the hard way that GameFAQ's and especially 4Chan users are nothing more then trolls that try to get under the community's skin. GameFAQ's hates characters for the sake of hating, and every 4Chan user has some obsession with spewing vulgar or offensive terms to make them sound "cool" or something.

Last edited:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
*Me and the Geno homies when we see yet another post on GameFaqs on how Geno sucks and his fans are toxic
IMG_20200401_132717.jpg

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
If Geno's stage wasn't the Forest Maze, what would you want it to be?

...though thinking about it, maybe I should rule out Bowser's Keep, since that seems like an obvious second choice since it's on the cover and title screen of the game. (seriously, how have we not gotten a proper Bowser's Castle stage yet?)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, thanks to cross-checking info with Slender Slender , we may have come to some really big conclusions on E3 Eve concerning Geno. He messaged me asking if the Secret, Butt Fun Square Mii costume was supposed to be Reimu and I told him no. He then presented to me a ton of stuff that's honestly a game changer. I'll try to summarize his findings:

-As you all know, there was a Touhou music leak in the fall that basically said a number of their composers had been contacted to make music for Smash. Obviously, there was a pretty big split on what this meant. Some interpreted it as Reimu as playable while others, like myself, just took it at face value as Touhou composers being involved in Smash for some reason. Slap fights issued and the lines were drawn.

-In December 2019, I was introduced to the "rejected character list" from Mii Costume Guy and his in-betweens. This included a Square Enix character. Add it to Geno, Mallow, Smithy, and Chocobo and we have 5 Square related Mii costumes. As you all know, 6 is currently the max capacity for Mii costumes in a pack so this missing piece was incredibly frustrating.

-Fast forward to 2020, per Slender's findings, insiders in the Touhou community were often hearing about Geno and Reimu together. Weird... Or is it? Touhou is a Japanese indie franchise but apparently has had some help from Square/Taito in the past. What could this mean? It heavily suggests that Reimu could very well be Geno's premium costume!

Here's why this is a really big deal:

-Gives us a full set of 6 for a Square Enix pack: Geno, Mallow, Smithy, Chocobo, Secret Butt Fun, and Reimu (premium)

-Adds more evidence to the pile that premium costumes will likely continue to be from indie companies, further crippling the argument that Geno "will just be a premium costume."

-Support from outside my network that, yes, Geno is likely coming.

Fun stuff.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
4Chan: "Haha, we're so cool, we have such thick skin and nothing ever offends us or gets us upset at all."

Literally anyone: "Blue Puppet"

4Chan:
1591388743205.png

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Aren't you guys forgetting about something very important that's about to go down today?
(jokes aside, any spicy developments?)
PicsArt_06-05-05.23.58.png

T2by4

Smash Lord
So, thanks to cross-checking info with Slender Slender , we may have come to some really big conclusions on E3 Eve concerning Geno. He messaged me asking if the Secret, Butt Fun Square Mii costume was supposed to be Reimu and I told him no. He then presented to me a ton of stuff that's honestly a game changer. I'll try to summarize his findings:

-As you all know, there was a Touhou music leak in the fall that basically said a number of their composers had been contacted to make music for Smash. Obviously, there was a pretty big split on what this meant. Some interpreted it as Reimu as playable while others, like myself, just took it at face value as Touhou composers being involved in Smash for some reason. Slap fights issued and the lines were drawn.

-In December 2019, I was introduced to the "rejected character list" from Mii Costume Guy and his in-betweens. This included a Square Enix character. Add it to Geno, Mallow, Smithy, and Chocobo and we have 5 Square related Mii costumes. As you all know, 6 is currently the max capacity for Mii costumes in a pack so this missing piece was incredibly frustrating.

-Fast forward to 2020, per Slender's findings, insiders in the Touhou community were often hearing about Geno and Reimu together. Weird... Or is it? Touhou is a Japanese indie franchise but apparently has had some help from Square/Taito in the past. What could this mean? It heavily suggests that Reimu could very well be Geno's premium costume!

-Gives us a full set of 6 for a Square Enix pack: Geno, Mallow, Smithy, Chocobo, Secret Butt Fun, and Reimu (premium)

-Adds more evidence to the pile that premium costumes will likely continue to be from indie companies, further crippling the argument that Geno "will just be a premium costume."

Fun stuff.
But that just makes me even more concerned because they had a BIG list of songs. That would imply that Reimu is the fighter, and NOT Geno, right?

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
But that just makes me even more concerned because they had a BIG list of songs. That would imply that Reimu is the fighter, and NOT Geno, right?
Yeah, I'm not sure about that theory either. If we're being honest, Geno's design is a lot simpler than Reimu's and would translate better to a premium costume than her's would.

Not that I think Geno would be a premium costume though. We've already had two Mii Gunners ones, we don't need a third.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If Geno's stage wasn't the Forest Maze, what would you want it to be?

...though thinking about it, maybe I should rule out Bowser's Keep, since that seems like an obvious second choice since it's on the cover and title screen of the game. (seriously, how have we not gotten a proper Bowser's Castle stage yet?)
Bowser's Castle.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
What if they’re both fighters, revealed together or one after the other?

Mii costume packs have just come with 5 before...

Last edited:

GodzillaGuy64

Smash Apprentice

Fun stuff.
I think I know that mystery SE costume. And I only have one thing to say...it's tail time.
Gex_tv.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom