• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
The more I think about it the more I think Geno can't not be in. People complain about shills and marketing, but Ultimate has been primarily about fanservice. We already got Ridley, K Rool, and Banjo. This is the game where the never evers get their chance. Geno wasn't even the least likely of the 4 going in. Sakurai straight up said Ridley wouldn't work and Banjo was owned by a competitor. Compared to that kind of stuff, Geno's hurdles seem miniscule. I just really have a hard time believing Sakurai would go to such great lengths to add Ridley, K Rool, and Banjo, purely due to fan demand, and then just say "nah" to Geno for some reason. It's the exact same situation as those three and they need a fanservice character for FP2. He's coming.
Thats what I've been saying. I find it entertaining how detractors will go to great lengths to "prove" Geno will never get included. I have no doubt in my mind that FP2 will have at least one long time requested character and I can't really think of any better character that would fit that other then Geno.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How is everyone doing?

ddxij7r-83f31d2f-0cb0-4d2c-b81a-604e3bc735a4.gif
ddypzwc-9529ea44-80df-4e13-b3b0-a608b16782d4.gif
Crabalmostdone.gif

I like to pretend I can make art.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
>Jon posts stuff about Arms and Rayman.

You're really pushing it, Jon. You better get someone to screencap this and send it your way so they can make fun of us Geno fans some more. :ultpacman:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Super Mario RPG - Legend of the Seven Stars (USA)-200604-213253.png
Screw it, Mario Time. I was originally just going to wait until it got put onto SNES Online since that's how I'd prefer to play it (Hori Split Pad Pro turns the Switch from a "handheld" with awful sticks, "triggers" and no D-Pad into my preferred way to play a lot of games) but I've realized that it probably isn't getting on there until 2024 at this rate, Geno might be getting in soon, and I'm just in the mood for it.

And yea, I'm emulating. I do actually own the game on my Wii, but I transferred it to my Wii U, I don't own a classic controller, I don't want to spend the 2$/hack it on to play it on the Wii U, my Pro Controllers Y button is jammed anyway, and I don't feel like getting out my Wii U just for it. Haven't played it since my first time in 2011-12ish, so let's see how it holds up! (AND PUT IT ON SWITCH ALREADY)

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
Yeah, it's a great feeling to see long-time fan requests getting fulfilled. Going back to older threads, you can see the exact point in the Direct where a character was revealed at the end, and it paints a picture of how happy people are to see them in action after so many years of support:

https://smashboards.com/threads/banjo-kazooie-social-thread-project-dream-come-true.446558/page-643
https://smashboards.com/threads/lower-norfair.446392/page-86
https://smashboards.com/threads/kin...roats-this-is-our-finest-hour.446401/page-169

I can't wait for the Geno thread to have that moment.
this will happen next week! Our: OMG HE IS IN MOMENT! Just wait and see :D

QQS

Smash Lord
Probably the only question on Earth that I haven’t see on this thread (probably it has been asked but I just haven’t see it).

Will Geno has wall jump? Love that technique! My mains are Mega Man, Toon Link and Pac Man, I like it

QQS

Smash Lord
BAA9F75E-A8F2-4FEC-A64A-815A4AE5E99A.jpeg

This is happening next week my friends! Geno is going to awake after the long 24 years of sleeping. Probably Tuesday 9th June or Thursday 11th June. Also this last date it’s where Banjo-Kazooie will turn one year after it was announced in Smash!

My guess:

76: if it’s only one, Min Min. If not, 4 or even 8 reps! 8 reps as I think Sakurai wanted for the Hero. Now it’s easier cause he had more time and it’s Nintendo character. Also they can perfectly have some unique moves for each.

77: best thing ever happened to Smash. This eternal wish coming to reality. I can’t believe it will be 24 years between I first played SMRPG and finally playing as Geno in Smash. From a 6-7 years old KID to a 30 years ADULT now.

And yes, I would be totally devastated if he isn’t coming cause I’m “All In” since a while ago. Also I think it’s not the end of the world if he isn’t 77 cause that’s just our personal guess to fit the number 7. He can perfectly be even between 78 or 81, or even in FP3. The only thing that will destroy Geno for me it’s: returning of his costume or premium costume; or maybe another Square rep instead of him.

BUT, that’s isn’t happening cause you have to be blind to don’t believe in Geno appearing playable now. It would be a crime to return his costume or make a premium one at this point. There is too much evidence, too much demand and too many wishes granted already. This guy also FITS perfectly (as Sakurai stated) in Smash, not only with his moveset, also with his beautiful design. I know 100% he is coming playable. That trailer, design and moveset will be magic. Just see how the team made Banjo-Kazooie and you will realize how Geno will be translated to Smash.

Credits on the photo to iwannadrawgood on Deviant Art!

GENO AWAKENS! (Another personal favorite splash tag line)

*I will be so happy when this dream finally concretes. I think I will see the trailer alone without seeing this thread on those 30 previous minutes until the presentation ends. Even if we don’t know each other, I would feel all your vibes also.

All the vibes from Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , TerminalMontage TerminalMontage , papagenos papagenos , Lord Woomy Lord Woomy , Enigma735 Enigma735 , Firox Firox , Vector Victor Vector Victor , MisterMike MisterMike , SpiritOfRuin SpiritOfRuin , Polarthief Polarthief , Malo Mart Malo Mart , OffBi OffBi , NintendoKnight NintendoKnight , TheCJBrine TheCJBrine , Glitch-EGamer Glitch-EGamer , @JDCabrera, MattX20 MattX20 PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate and ALL the Geno lovers, sorry if I didn’t tag all but there are the ones I remember. Also all my friends know Geno through me and some other random online friends apart of this forum. It will be a mega celebration all over the seas just like Ridley, KKR and Banjo. Hope the other guys also fulfill their dreams with Crash, Rayman (which I think are happening, indeed), and Sora + Isaac.

I know im talking if it’s were a reality already but trust me; this is f*ing happening! I have read Essay + The List a lot of times and it all makes sense for me. Mostly the missing costume and all the time that has happened still. This will be an epic win after so many time and years.

Greetings from your fellow friend from Chile! I’m done when Geno joins the party! I would consider myself “retired” in wishing/asking anything ever in gaming.

Thanks to all the amazing fans out there and let’s wait these final days together.

Wanna know why I love Geno so much? Of course I love the game and everything. But, He makes me teleport to when I was 6 years old in a second, with his design, sounds, quotes and mostly, music. And that era, feel that era at 30 years old is pure magic. It’s amazing that an old (but not forgotten) character made us feel this way. He is a big part of my childhood and I just wanna revive that feel in the gut with his inclusion in Smash.

Chances of having your favorite character in your favorite game the next coming days? That’s insane, bro.

D

Deleted member

Holy ****!!!! Someone tagged me and It wasn't for Fantastic Four shenanigans and actually for something really exciting involving Smash!

QQS QQS thank you so much!

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
This is not directed at you specifically but at the people who say this in general.

Can we stop with the victim mentality over the hoes mad thing? Fire emblem fans were the ones getting **** on, to the point that cosplayers were getting publicly harassed and voice actors were receiving threats. Ya'll have no idea what it's like to have a character you want get in, for a good number of people their most wanted, and for the entire internet to throw a hissy fit and **** on you everywhere you go for weeks straight. You literally could not watch a video about Byleth, make a comment about Byleth, or post on social media about Byleth without a giant swarm of haters coming in and attacking you. Even if you politely ignored the topic it was brought up constantly in every last thread. There was no safe haven. Most of us like myself were simply boo'd off the internet for a while, and those that remained just overposted a dumb meme. I think the reaction was incredibly mature compared to what it could have been. Fire emblem fans didn't spew vitrol like the rest of the fanbase. Just memes. Ya'll better not complain if the same thing happens when Geno gets in considering how you still characterize the Byleth fiasco.
And I agree with you. My comment was more about the fact that we shouldn't hate each other for character inclusions in a fighting game.

I wasn't there during the Byleth reveal (I think I left a bit after the Joker reveal , and came back 1 month after Byleth's reveal ?) , so I can't tell anything about the reaction of this thread toward Byleth. I was simply indiferrent at the reveal , at most I was a bit annoyed because I knew that the Smash fanbase was going to god damn implode because of that , so I left it for a bit.

I will also say that my experience with Hoes Mad was with Hero , not Byleth. And while I just prefered to ignore it most of the time , let's say that almost a year of "Hero Chad vs Geno Virgin" talk slowly made me lose my patience toward a specific demographic. (Not DQ fans , the one I met on Smashboards were super chill dudes and dudettes , more so some specific smash fans)
Hence why I over all kept a bad image of that dumb meme , even if it's just a meme.

Otherwise I agree with you , the smash fanbase can get a bit... Extreme , to say the least. That's sadly the side effect of having such a huge and wide fan base , opinions can get strong , and spread like fire quickly , to the point where it can degenerate into witch hunting and other lovely stuff. While passion would be nothing without emotions , some people just take it way too god damn far and should take a step back and calm down.

Sadly , this community has a serious problem in general. Even in competitive , while I mostly had a pleasant experience , the social media aspect in particular can get ugly real fast , but it's another subject. I'll just drop a video ESAM made about it in a spoiler tag if anyone is interested.

---

Probably the only question on Earth that I haven’t see on this thread (probably it has been asked but I just haven’t see it).

Will Geno has wall jump? Love that technique! My mains are Mega Man, Toon Link and Pac Man, I like it
I would love it if Geno had a wall jump ! Wall jumps just allow for so much more expression in general , be it from a defensive perspective , or an offensive perspective. While we don't exactly know what Geno's moveset would be , but if he had his big canon launcher from his PM Mod... Oh boy , I would totally wall jump into this move lol.
geno rocket launcher.jpg

Also , I would love it if Geno whirl could bounce out of walls. Can you imagine the possibilties with that ? I love characters who can snip people off stage , and sending a mini destructo disk like that would be lowkey one of the most satisfying thing in Smash.

HudU

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4165 4708 0120

Waiting and waiting and waiting....the waiting around is what's driving me crazy....

Tomorrow? Saturday? Sunday? Or next week?
I really hope the announcement comes soon.
View attachment 273808

This is happening next week my friends! Geno is going to awake after the long 24 years of sleeping. Probably Tuesday 9th June or Thursday 11th June. Also this last date it’s where Banjo-Kazooie will turn one year after it was announced in Smash!

My guess:

76: if it’s only one, Min Min. If not, 4 or even 8 reps! 8 reps as I think Sakurai wanted for the Hero. Now it’s easier cause he had more time and it’s Nintendo character. Also they can perfectly have some unique moves for each.

77: best thing ever happened to Smash. This eternal wish coming to reality. I can’t believe it will be 24 years between I first played SMRPG and finally playing as Geno in Smash. From a 6-7 years old KID to a 30 years ADULT now.

And yes, I would be totally devastated if he isn’t coming cause I’m “All In” since a while ago. Also I think it’s not the end of the world if he isn’t 77 cause that’s just our personal guess to fit the number 7. He can perfectly be even between 78 or 81, or even in FP3. The only thing that will destroy Geno for me it’s: returning of his costume or premium costume; or maybe another Square rep instead of him.

BUT, that’s isn’t happening cause you have to be blind to don’t believe in Geno appearing playable now. It would be a crime to return his costume or make a premium one at this point. There is too much evidence, too much demand and too many wishes granted already. This guy also FITS perfectly (as Sakurai stated) in Smash, not only with his moveset, also with his beautiful design. I know 100% he is coming playable. That trailer, design and moveset will be magic. Just see how the team made Banjo-Kazooie and you will realize how Geno will be translated to Smash.

Credits on the photo to iwannadrawgood on Deviant Art!

GENO AWAKENS! (Another personal favorite splash tag line)

*I will be so happy when this dream finally concretes. I think I will see the trailer alone without seeing this thread on those 30 previous minutes until the presentation ends. Even if we don’t know each other, I would feel all your vibes also.

All the vibes from Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , TerminalMontage TerminalMontage , papagenos papagenos , Lord Woomy Lord Woomy , Enigma735 Enigma735 , Firox Firox , Vector Victor Vector Victor , MisterMike MisterMike , SpiritOfRuin SpiritOfRuin , Polarthief Polarthief , Malo Mart Malo Mart , OffBi OffBi , NintendoKnight NintendoKnight , TheCJBrine TheCJBrine , Glitch-EGamer Glitch-EGamer , @JDCabrera, MattX20 MattX20 PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate and ALL the Geno lovers, sorry if I didn’t tag all but there are the ones I remember. Also all my friends know Geno through me and some other random online friends apart of this forum. It will be a mega celebration all over the seas just like Ridley, KKR and Banjo. Hope the other guys also fulfill their dreams with Crash, Rayman (which I think are happening, indeed), and Sora + Isaac.

I know im talking if it’s were a reality already but trust me; this is f*ing happening! I have read Essay + The List a lot of times and it all makes sense for me. Mostly the missing costume and all the time that has happened still. This will be an epic win after so many time and years.

Greetings from your fellow friend from Chile! I’m done when Geno joins the party! I would consider myself “retired” in wishing/asking anything ever in gaming.

Thanks to all the amazing fans out there and let’s wait these final days together.

Wanna know why I love Geno so much? Of course I love the game and everything. But, He makes me teleport to when I was 6 years old in a second, with his design, sounds, quotes and mostly, music. And that era, feel that era at 30 years old is pure magic. It’s amazing that an old (but not forgotten) character made us feel this way. He is a big part of my childhood and I just wanna revive that feel in the gut with his inclusion in Smash.

Chances of having your favorite character in your favorite game the next coming days? That’s insane, bro.
Could we really be in the endgame here and not even realize it? Heres to hope! : )

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
And I agree with you. My comment was more about the fact that we shouldn't hate each other for character inclusions in a fighting game.

I wasn't there during the Byleth reveal (I think I left a bit after the Joker reveal , and came back 1 month after Byleth's reveal ?) , so I can't tell anything about the reaction of this thread toward Byleth. I was simply indiferrent at the reveal , at most I was a bit annoyed because I knew that the Smash fanbase was going to god damn implode because of that , so I left it for a bit.

I will also say that my experience with Hoes Mad was with Hero , not Byleth. And while I just prefered to ignore it most of the time , let's say that almost a year of "Hero Chad vs Geno Virgin" talk slowly made me lose my patience toward a specific demographic. (Not DQ fans , the one I met on Smashboards were super chill dudes and dudettes , more so some specific smash fans)
Hence why I over all kept a bad image of that dumb meme , even if it's just a meme.

Otherwise I agree with you , the smash fanbase can get a bit... Extreme , to say the least. That's sadly the side effect of having such a huge and wide fan base , opinions can get strong , and spread like fire quickly , to the point where it can degenerate into witch hunting and other lovely stuff. While passion would be nothing without emotions , some people just take it way too god damn far and should take a step back and calm down.

Sadly , this community has a serious problem in general. Even in competitive , while I mostly had a pleasant experience , the social media aspect in particular can get ugly real fast , but it's another subject. I'll just drop a video ESAM made about it in a spoiler tag if anyone is interested.

---

I would love it if Geno had a wall jump ! Wall jumps just allow for so much more expression in general , be it from a defensive perspective , or an offensive perspective. While we don't exactly know what Geno's moveset would be , but if he had his big canon launcher from his PM Mod... Oh boy , I would totally wall jump into this move lol.
View attachment 273811
Also , I would love it if Geno whirl could bounce out of walls. Can you imagine the possibilties with that ? I love characters who can snip people off stage , and sending a mini destructo disk like that would be lowkey one of the most satisfying thing in Smash.
With the Hero situation it was used more aggressively. With Byleth it was just sort of a shield against the onslaught of haters. The funny thing is people didn't complain nearly as much about hoes mad with Hero as they did with Byleth. Between that and people here literally claiming Byleth fans are behind the Banjo hate because they're jealous that he was better received, it just seems like people are reaching to try and make FE fans these agressors, when in reality we're the ones who have been attacked. Sorry if I jumped to conclusions that you were referring to Byleth with that, though my point still stands to those that do say it about Byleth.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Geno's trailer will reenact his awakening scene but instead of dolls its 4 Miis in costumes sitting on the floor, one being the Geno costume. Then a star hovers over it, screens goes white and then

'Geno Beams Down!'
I feel like if Geno gets in then his trailer will be a sequel to hero’s because it takes place in the Forrest. You’ll have mario, bowser and peach and probably link with hero In the forest and then Geno will show up to save the day.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I am going to say this one thing. If by some odd chance, this ARMS rep isn't an assist trophy or Spirit upgrade, that is when I will be of the opinion that Spirits and assist trophies deconfirm, and I will instantly lose all hope in Geno. I find it highly unlikely Sakurai would specifically turn down Spirits because of a PNG, but their is always that 1% chance that it could happen. BUT, if this ARMS rep IS one that is an assist trophy or Spirit upgrade, then I will be 99% confident that Geno is in at that point. My thoughts on Geno's chances in the future will all be determined by who this ARMS rep is, and I am hoping we do get a Spirit or assist trophy upgrade because I don't wanna go through the disappointment of no Geno in base roster when I initially thought he was a lock.

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I am going to say this one thing. If by some odd chance, this ARMS rep isn't an assist trophy or Spirit upgrade, that is when I will be of the opinion that Spirits and assist trophies deconfirm, and I will instantly lose all hope in Geno. I find it highly unlikely Sakurai would specifically turn down Spirits because of a PNG, but their is always that 1% chance that it could happen. BUT, if this ARMS rep IS one that is an assist trophy or Spirit upgrade, then I will be 99% confident that Geno is in at that point. My thoughts on Geno's chances in the future will all be determined by who this ARMS rep is, and I am hoping we do get a Spirit or assist trophy upgrade because I don't wanna go through the disappointment of no Geno in base roster when I initially thought he was a lock.
Unless they choose a non-spirit that is important such as Max Brass or Dr. Coyle, yeah it doesn't look great. If they choose a nobody like Misango, then FP2 won't be about fanservice. I really don't think they would be that dumb with the ARMS rep though.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Lots of things to think about this morning:

-Geno's basically become the Library of Alexandria of Smash coincidences. Keep in mind that Banjo only had about half a year's worth of stuff and Hero had about ten months. Geno is bordering on two years worth of stuff that has popped up in close proximity, especially the last two months. Outside of the worst case of Murphy's Law, I'm pretty confident we're going to see him by the end of the summer.

-Luigi's Mansion 3 and Undertale spirit events are still MIA, putting us dangerously close to Mii Costume Guy's extensive Mii costume list getting a huge boon. Of his list, Cuphead is the only one that's been confirmed so far but if he's right about Gooigi, Mallow, and Kris, he's probably right about the others too. The crazy thing about this is that, even in the worst case scenario of just getting 6, at least three of his Mii costumes could be confirmed. If Geno happens, he's likely getting 5 correct Mii costumes added to the board. Like I shared back in December, of the four Mii costumes on his list that I've been asked to keep secret, one is heavily associated with Nintendo, one Square, one Microsoft, and one... Sony. Yep. This next week could be a game changer.

-On the topic of Sony, I've noticed that third party characters heavily associated with them usually have major announcements around the time of their Smash inclusion, whether it's with Nintendo or not. Snake had MGS4, Joker had Persona 5 R, Cloud had the first gameplay footage of FF VII R in December 2015, and Ryu had Street Fighter V trailers all throughout 2015 including at E3. As you all know, a certain "woah" exclaiming marsupial has already been promised a couple of 2020 announcements and is very heavily rumored to be a big part of Sony's PS5 showcase. Seems like if Crash is meant to Smash, the time of his hypothetical announcement is rapidly approaching.

MattX20

Smash Hero

-Geno's basically become the Library of Alexandria of Smash coincidences. Keep in mind that Banjo only had about half a year's worth of stuff and Hero had about ten months. Geno is bordering on two years worth of stuff that has popped up in close proximity, especially the last two months. Outside of the worst case of Murphy's Law, I'm pretty confident we're going to see him by the end of the summer.

-Luigi's Mansion 3 and Undertale spirit events are still MIA, putting us dangerously close to Mii Costume Guy's extensive Mii costume list getting a huge boon. Of his list, Cuphead is the only one that's been confirmed so far but if he's right about Gooigi, Mallow, and Kris, he's probably right about the others too. The crazy thing about this is that, even in the worst case scenario of just getting 6, at least three of his Mii costumes could be confirmed. If Geno happens, he's likely getting 5 correct Mii costumes added to the board. Like I shared back in December, of the four Mii costumes on his list that I've been asked to keep secret, one is heavily associated with Nintendo, one Square, one Microsoft, and one... Sony. Yep. This next week could be a game changer.

-On the topic of Sony, I've noticed that third party characters heavily associated with them usually have major announcements around the time of their Smash inclusion, whether it's with Nintendo or not. Snake had MGS4, Joker had Persona 5 R, Cloud had the first gameplay footage of FF VII R in December 2015, and Ryu had Street Fighter V trailers all throughout 2015 including at E3. As you all know, a certain "woah" exclaiming marsupial has already been promised a couple of 2020 announcements and is very heavily rumored to be a big part of Sony's PS5 showcase. Seems like if Crash is meant to Smash, the time of his hypothetical announcement is rapidly approaching.
If there are any major announcements, next week would be a good time to see them potentially

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace

Oh yeah, that is to say that geno and crash increased chances, but was that mii of sony the one that you said you did not want to spoil? I assumed it although something from Sony is together with a character 4th party my 2 biggest nightmares in terms of smash characters but since you left it as the greatest thing in the history of smash it was the only thing that came to mind, but you think that sony mii is coming with Geno?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Oh yeah, that is to say that geno and crash increased chances, but was that mii of sony the one that you said you did not want to spoil? I assumed it although something from Sony is together with a character 4th party my 2 biggest nightmares in terms of smash characters but since you left it as the greatest thing in the history of smash it was the only thing that came to mind, but you think that sony mii is coming with Geno?
Yes, the Sony one is the one I've been super vague about because it's an enormous surprise if true. I honestly think this one would come with Crash and, given my last statement about Sony's PS5 showcase, it would actually make a ton of sense to have Crash at this year's E3.

D

Deleted member

Enjoyed the Pokémon Sword and Shield Expansion pass stuff, the new Gigantamax forms, Galarian Legendary birds, and new items and such make it great the Pokémon Sword and Shield Expansion should be interesting.

Things looking good for Geno which is a good ting boy.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569

I agree. I think Geno is going to get included and he will definitely be revealed very soon. :4pacman:

TriggerX

Smash Ace
I haven't seen this shared around yet so I thought I could be the first to do so. papagenos papagenos just uploaded a new video:

While I see where papagenos is coming from with the font, and the spacing being different, that may have been done on purpose because of the name.

When you have text like ”MINMIN” too close together it becomes harder to read because of all the vertical lines causing some letters to blend together.
Anyways I wouldn’t be surprised if they spaced them out a tad to help distinguish each letter a bit.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
While I see where papagenos is coming from with the font, and the spacing being different, that may have been done on purpose because of the name.

When you have text like ”MINMIN” too close together it becomes harder to read because of all the vertical lines causing some letters to blend together.
Anyways I wouldn’t be surprised if they spaced them out a tad to help distinguish each letter a bit.
Doesn’t explain why the text isn’t as bolded as most other characters’ victory screens though

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792
So basically if we get a Mii Costume reveal of Gooigi, Mallow, or Kris, then we are REALLY in business? Because if Googi or Kris are revealed, then it’s likely that Mallow is true, which means it’s likely that Geno is playable.

Am I correctly following that logic?

Audioplasma

Smash Cadet
I love coming to this thread because it makes me feel more better of geno being in with everyone’s confidence

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I just hope you're all not setting yourselves up with this "Geno reveal soon" stuff. I do genuinely believe he's a part of this Pass, but this is far from the first time I've seen people here believe his time is coming soon when there genuinely doesn't feel like much reason to think so/the reasons are things that happened months upon months ago.

Keep hope, but keep it realistic. If nothing else I have nothing but confidence he's happening eventually.

I love coming to this thread because it makes me feel more better of geno being in with everyone’s confidence
Welp, I guess I just broke that trend then, haha.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I just hope you're all not setting yourselves up with this "Geno reveal soon" stuff. I do genuinely believe he's a part of this Pass, but this is far from the first time I've seen people here believe his time is coming soon when there genuinely doesn't feel like much reason to think so/the reasons are things that happened months upon months ago.

Keep hope, but keep it realistic. If nothing else I have nothing but confidence he's happening eventually.

Welp, I guess I just broke that trend then, haha.
We're expecting him no later than FP8. Nintendo knows they need to sell the pass as it's been out for over 4 months and they need either a major fan request and or a massive 3rd party pic to sell it as ARMS alone isn't enough

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
So basically if we get a Mii Costume reveal of Gooigi, Mallow, or Kris, then we are REALLY in business? Because if Googi or Kris are revealed, then it’s likely that Mallow is true, which means it’s likely that Geno is playable.

Am I correctly following that logic?
It already got all of Banjo's costumes correct, and those were in the same message as the Mallow and Smithy ones.
We're already in business.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Now, these are 100% costumes, correct? There is no error with translation or something going on here?
Pretty confident they are based on who they are. Just as a recap, starting last fall, people who interact with Mii Costume Guy and his in-betweens started to put together a list of characters they had heard from them in their own talks. These were compiled together in early December 2019 and, at a glance, it was a really weird list. Most were made public because nobody knew why the names had come up and some, like Elecman, seemed like troll attempts or bad info. For a time, it was agreed upon to call it a "Rejected character list" and the theory was that these were characters that Sakurai and his team may have entertained for playable spots but turned down for one reason or another. It wasn't until Cuphead was confirmed in January that people looked at the list again and thought, "oh ****, this might actually be most of the new Mii costumes for Season 2."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom