• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
One topic i mentioned in the newcomer thread is how the whole "this character is an NPC therefore it can't be DLC" seems to be an issue ONLY to the Smash Community and development team. Any other fighting game that i have seen doesn't seem to have this issue.

Dragon Ball FighterZ? Android 17 was part of 18's moveset as an Assist, still made it into DLC anyway down the line. Croagnurk was a support Pokémon in Pokken, yet he became DLC later. Don't even get me started when it comes to Stage Cameos in other fighting games.

I don't think any of those game communites see NPC roles as major obstacles against the a character's inclusion when it comes to DLC. Imagine if somone said "oh man Chris can't be DLC in KOF XV because he appears in the Chile stage" that is just bull****, but if you said something similar in the context of Smash people would see this as a major argument. I know, Apples and Oranges, but it seems weird to me that Smash, a franchise that is not scared of breaking trends that other fighting games still kept (Guest Fighters in Smash are the only ones who return after their debuts, while in other fighting games it's almost ALWAYS a one-off deal) this is the one that Smash limits itself to while other fighting games have no real issue with this.

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
C76EB53A-D6AC-4959-A34D-52CB28591670.jpeg

Geno collage I made of his most pretty renders imo.

PLEASE CREDITS to all the amazing artists behind them and all the people who helped in their creation and collaboration. It’s amazing all the content of Geno Fan-Art you can see in drawing, music, videos, animations, mods, clothes, dolls, etc. Thank to all of them for their amazing art, passion and support!

100% confident in Geno joining this party...

GENO FALLS DOWN TO SMASH!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
protoblues protoblues I understand that but some things to consider:

-Ultimate has already been at two E3s and this will be the third. Things would have to be log jammed pretty hard for Ultimate to make it to a fourth E3, especially with 6 being announced and released in June. Smash 4 released 7 characters in about 10 months and the Fighter's Pass released 6 in a little less than a year. Something to keep in mind is that Byleth's presentation was recorded in November so technically was already in a workable state. The fact that was close to the one year anniversary of the Fighter's Pass being announced probably wasn't a coincidence and they likely planned out this timeframe.

-Work on Season 2 began last E3. Back in January, it was confirmed that work on Banjo began at E3 2018 and he was the third character, giving you an idea of timeframe for the Fighter's Pass. Based on this, Joker and Hero probably started in March or April 2018. Keep in mind that 6 was originally supposed to come out in April, like Mewtwo and Joker, and Sakurai has noted that they typically work on several characters at a time. In this sense, only 6 was delayed and 7 and 8 are on schedule based on this.

-Based on these two things, there's a very high chance that this will be the last Smash E3 in a long time and, for a game like Ultimate, that's a big deal. They're likely aware of this and they're going to try to make it count.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
-Based on these two things, there's a very high chance that this will be the last Smash E3 in a long time and, for a game like Ultimate, that's a big deal. They're likely aware of this and they're going to try to make it count.
I can't help but feel like E3 2021 will show off #11, but it probs won't be as big of a deal. Based on the timeframe, even if we get 6, 7, and 8 revealed at "E3" 2020, 9 would be in Septemberish, 10 would be Q1 2021, and 11 would be E3. That's also a wishful assumption we get ARMS+2 reveals of the FP in a week or two. If we only get ARMS+1, then it's practically guaranteed just based on the timeframe.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Honestly a triple reveal is imo a long shot. Triple reveals through previous E3s/June is different as a lot has changed from now in comparison to then so expecting to make a comparison to how many reveals Brawl had at E3 in comparison to Ultimate isn't going to stick especially as this is the second wave of a completely new smash game with Nintendo at the helm. Using Banjo and Hero as a reason isn't an apt comparison at all either as then, we went half a year without a reveal. A double just made sense. With this character we don't even know their full on identity. The only double reveal which could hypothetically happen is 6 and 7 but 8 I think is safe to say won't happen.

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Honestly a triple reveal is imo a long shot. Triple reveals through previous E3s/June is different as a lot has changed from now in comparison to then so expecting to make a comparison to how many reveals Brawl had at E3 in comparison to Ultimate isn't going to stick especially as this is the second wave of a completely new smash game with Nintendo at the helm. Using Banjo and Hero as a reason isn't an apt comparison at all either as then, we went half a year without a reveal. A double just made sense. With this character we don't even know their full on identity. The only double reveal which could hypothetically happen is 6 and 7 but 8 I think is safe to say won't happen.
Yeah I'm not expecting 3 reveals, and even if they do 3, it still leads to #11 being shown at E3 next year, unless they're gonna smush them in somewhere else, maybe VGA? I just don't see 5 out of 6 FP2 reveals this year, there's no way. They don't have to make a big deal out of the E3 2021 reveal, but I don't see the odds being too good showing E3 next year not having a reveal.

Basically, this would mean:
- E3 2020: ARMS+2 (6, 7, 8)
- Q3/4 Direct 2020: 1 (9)
- VGA 2020: 1 (10)
- Q1 2021: 1 (11)
I just don't see that happening. (Edit) Even moreso when you consider that Fatman's been still riding the bonus characters thing; how can we have bonuses and NOT have any reveals left for E3 2021, y'know? If there's any bonuses, that makes the timeframe even worse for the "no E3 2021 reveals" mentality.

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
I bet for a 100% double reveal. Don’t see happening 3 at once. Also, I see 100% Geno, but of course I can’t be sure if he is #77 or later. He can be of course #81, but I hope he can be the earlier ones cause we just wanna play him!

My FP2 prediction changes a lot but right now it’s maybe:

Nintendo: Min Min (or maybe 4 reps)
Square Enix: Geno
Activision: Crash
Ubisoft: Rayman
Bandai Namco: Heihachi or Lloyd
Nintendo: Waluigi, Dixie or Bandana

I know I have left Capcom (which could be Hunter or Dante). But I can see happening more the others. I wish also we can see another Sonic rep (Tails or Eggman) + another Zelda (Skull Kid, Midna, a Champion or another from Breath 2). But maybe this isn’t happening :( (Sadly cause Zelda it’s my favorite franchise).

Anyway, give us Geno and I’m 100% happy.

Droodle

Smash Lord
I think that there's a potential case to be made that we will only get 1 reveal (ARMS Character), and the 2nd reveal will be later into Summer.

With how much Corona hurt the animation industry, especially in Japan I don't know that they even managed to complete the reveal trailer for the ARMS character. It's totally possible that they did, but it's also possible that the next presentation goes straight into the fighter, rather then a CG trailer.

It's pretty likely that character 7's CG Trailer isn't anyone near finished/wasn't even started before Japan went into lockdown. Character 7 will likely be a 3rd party of some sort due to E3 and all that, so I doubt Nintendo would give up on a reveal trailer. They may decide to delay that reveal further into summer in order to allow the CG to finish.

Character 8 definitely doesn't have a proper trailer even started at this point. There's no way they're getting revealed anytime soon.

MattX20

Smash Hero
At the latest, FP8 will be a fall reveal. FP9 would probably be the last Game Awards reveal if there is one

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
You would think that Nintendo just makes trailers last minute like a kid who has a project due the next day. I assure you, there's probably already been a trailer for months.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I think that there's a potential case to be made that we will only get 1 reveal (ARMS Character), and the 2nd reveal will be later into Summer.

With how much Corona hurt the animation industry, especially in Japan I don't know that they even managed to complete the reveal trailer for the ARMS character. It's totally possible that they did, but it's also possible that the next presentation goes straight into the fighter, rather then a CG trailer.

It's pretty likely that character 7's CG Trailer isn't anyone near finished/wasn't even started before Japan went into lockdown. Character 7 will likely be a 3rd party of some sort due to E3 and all that, so I doubt Nintendo would give up on a reveal trailer. They may decide to delay that reveal further into summer in order to allow the CG to finish.

Character 8 definitely doesn't have a proper trailer even started at this point. There's no way they're getting revealed anytime soon.
I really think this is blowing it out of proportion. Think about it this way, we haven't even gotten a CG trailer since LAST E3. The Arms character was already delayed once to June, and that was for gameplay reasons it seems, the animated portion of the trailer was almost certainly completed already. I can't even seem to find anything as to whether Digital Frontier, the CG company who handles the trailers, has actually closed. Either way I think doomposting about this is a little irrational.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
No. 6 was already delayed. 4.5 months to reveal *ONE* character is really, really dumb. They'd want to frontload their reveals, not backload them, especially when the latter half may be impacted depending on how long Corona lasts for.

Unless you want to call Sakurai a liar, he's already said stuff won't be delayed. While latter-half stuff could be impacted, 6-8 I do not see being delayed.

I wouldn't be surprised if the trailer was done for a bit already. That's not something that needs constant tweaking (and even updating after it's finished) as you design it like the actual character does.

Character 8 definitely doesn't have a proper trailer even started at this point.
How do you know? You're saying this like it's a guaranteed fact, but in truth, you have no idea how soon they finish their trailers, and it's totally possible another character can get a Terry, Byleth, or Joker-like trailer, which I can't imagine taking nearly as long as, say, Hero taking. You're basing this off nothing but your own assumptions.

There's no way they're getting revealed anytime soon.
Again, you have no idea. While I'm not confident in seeing #8 revealed, I am in #7, but there's more than a 0% chance of seeing #8.

I really think this is blowing it out of proportion. Think about it this way, we haven't even gotten a CG trailer since LAST E3. The Arms character was already delayed once to June, and that was for gameplay reasons it seems, the animated portion of the trailer was almost certainly completed already. I can't even seem to find anything as to whether Digital Frontier, the CG company who handles the trailers, has actually closed. Either way I think doomposting about this is a little irrational.
Exactly, not to mention we could very well get 0 CG trailers this time around. Where does it say that we even need CG trailers? Everyone loves em, sure, but there's nothing stating that they're a requirement for character reveals, especially when 3 out of 5 FP1 characters didn't get even a big fatty CG trailer, and 1 of those 2 that did got a heavily-reused assets one.

Last edited:

Droodle

Smash Lord
You would think that Nintendo just makes trailers last minute like a kid who has a project due the next day. I assure you, there's probably already been a trailer for months.
Except thats not what I'm stating at all? Most of these trailers are outsourced, I presume and with work being harder for animators and security being lower than ever; it's probably hard to work on creating these trailers while making sure that any security measures are being followed.

Chances are that ARMS was delayed. So it's completely possible that an ARMS trailer was near finished/finished by the time it got revealed.

Character 7's trailer likely was underdeveloped when the COVID measures took place. Who knows by how much though. It could have been early in development or late. A global pandemic is a good excuse to not get everything done by the planned date.

Its still possible we see CG reveals for ARMS and Charcter 7, but suggesting that Nintendo outsources trailers so far in advance that they have 8 done is pretty unlikely.

a random user

Smash Journeyman
nintiendo- here is what is in may, for animal crossing.... may has 6 days left, what are the odds this video was intended for earlier this month?

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
I don't think we will get to E3 2021 with Ultimate character reveals, unless we get 2 bonus fighters or Season 3 somehow happens.
As a sidenote: Did we ever got a possible timeframe for when a trailer is made before reveal and how much time it takes to make one? Because if we don't, we can't be using that as a possible argument. Another detail: Terry's reveal wasn't the full trailer, and even then it had all of the "outsourced" animation done. We didn't get anything in terms of gameplay from that trailer, but it aired in September with the Direct, not delayed until November, when we saw it in full. At the very least, we have got two months. The only possible evidence around trailers that I can remember is a leak that called the Ken & Incineroar trailer in full, and even then it's hard to tell.
Something else to think about: Joker's breakdown was totally different from the other fighters, even with the participation of voice actors from the game. Hero's breakdown was probably recorded at the end of June, but Season 2 was already in consideration as early as January 2019. Why not change the breakdown to a Sakurai presents and save the money for the fighters... unless it was already well underway. At the very least, these things are done 3 months or more beforehand for something like this to happen.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
One correction though, I'm pretty sure that even though Rare developed DKC, Nintendo fully owns everything in DKC.
Phil Spencer said something about letting Nintendo port DKC or whatever, though maybe he actually meant DK64 because of Rare's Jetpac game. Idk if their logo appearing in the game matters tbh since it's the only thing I can think of as to why Nintendo would have to talk to Rare and Microsoft for DK ports, unless Rare still has some licensing deal or something with them on the old games.

This is where I found what he said:
https://kotaku.com/xbox-boss-phil-spencer-says-banjo-in-smash-was-an-easy-1835418742

Last edited:

a random user

Smash Journeyman
I don't think we will get to E3 2021 with Ultimate character reveals, unless we get 2 bonus fighters or Season 3 somehow happens.
As a sidenote: Did we ever got a possible timeframe for when a trailer is made before reveal and how much time it takes to make one? Because if we don't, we can't be using that as a possible argument. Another detail: Terry's reveal wasn't the full trailer, and even then it had all of the "outsourced" animation done. We didn't get anything in terms of gameplay from that trailer, but it aired in September with the Direct, not delayed until November, when we saw it in full. At the very least, we have got two months. The only possible evidence around trailers that I can remember is a leak that called the Ken & Incineroar trailer in full, and even then it's hard to tell.
Something else to think about: Joker's breakdown was totally different from the other fighters, even with the participation of voice actors from the game. Hero's breakdown was probably recorded at the end of June, but Season 2 was already in consideration as early as January 2019. Why not change the breakdown to a Sakurai presents and save the money for the fighters... unless it was already well underway. At the very least, these things are done 3 months or more beforehand for something like this to happen.
the byleth trailer was made around the time terry came out

MattX20

Smash Hero
Going by the timeline we have so far, even if FP8 is revealed in the fall, we would still likely see the remaining half revealed before June of next year.

Droodle

Smash Lord
No. 6 was already delayed. 4.5 months to reveal *ONE* character is really, really dumb. They'd want to frontload their reveals, not backload them, especially when the latter half may be impacted depending on how long Corona lasts for.

Unless you want to call Sakurai a liar, he's already said stuff won't be delayed. While latter-half stuff could be impacted, 6-8 I do not see being delayed.

I wouldn't be surprised if the trailer was done for a bit already. That's not something that needs constant tweaking (and even updating after it's finished) as you design it like the actual character does.

How do you know? You're saying this like it's a guaranteed fact, but in truth, you have no idea how soon they finish their trailers, and it's totally possible another character can get a Terry, Byleth, or Joker-like trailer, which I can't imagine taking nearly as long as, say, Hero taking. You're basing this off nothing but your own assumptions.

Again, you have no idea. While I'm not confident in seeing #8 revealed, I am in #7, but there's more than a 0% chance of seeing #8.

Exactly, not to mention we could very well get 0 CG trailers this time around. Where does it say that we even need CG trailers? Everyone loves em, sure, but there's nothing stating that they're a requirement for character reveals, especially when 3 out of 5 FP1 characters didn't get even a big fatty CG trailer, and 1 of those 2 that did got a heavily-reused assets one.
First of all I'm not suggesting that they'll delay the reveal of character 7 by that long. In fact, I'm not even suggesting it's likely that they'll delay the character 7, but it's just a scenario that considers some thought with the current situation of the world. Besides reveal does not equal release. For example, lets say character 7 is planned for a late July or August release, and lets say in a hypothetical scenario the trailer is 80-90% done by the time the ARMS presentation is scheduled, then in that scenario it's completely fair to suggest delaying the reveal of 7 from the original ARMS presentation to a separate day before release. You don't delay the release of the fighter, just the reveal; and a month at most.

I'm pretty sure Sakurai stated that development is going smoothly for the Smash team. I also remember reading a interview where Sakurai stated that deciding the reveal dates/release of the DLC is more on the shoulders of Nintendo. I never remember reading "stuff won't be delayed", but I may be mistaken.

I wouldn't be surprised if a potential ARMS trailer was done/near done by the time March mini rolled around. For whoever character 7 is, I wouldn't be surprised if that trailer was being worked on while the pandemic was taking place; I have 0 clue how much of them was done %-wise, but that doesn't change the fact that chances are development did slow down on that trailer, I still think they'll have it done by ARMS presentation but it's a possibility that they may need 1-2 weeks after the original planned completion date due to the Coronavirus messing up their plans. I admit that I was too harsh by stating things like Character 8 trailer is guaranteed to not have started development, because the better word is still unlikely. Most people here expect character 8 to be a fall release, and even I can't picture it coming earlier than September in terms of release. Usually, there has always been a September direct (but obviously who knows this year), so it was likely that 8 would be revealed there; with how secretive Smash is, my thoughts are that they do these trailers not too far in advance (to reduce any unwanted leaks) but that's just my theory.

On top of that a ton of professional voice acting studios in Japan have been closed from April and they've recently started opening back up again. So if 7 or 8 have a good amount of voice acting in their trailers, then they would have to be recorded well in advance or after the professional studios reopen (unless they can do it from home).

TL;DR: I'm not suggesting any character will be delayed. I'm suggesting some reveals may be delayed, but the releases of the character should still be on time. Obviously, I still think ARMS and 7 are being revealed on the same day (but not 8, I don't agree with anyone who thinks 8 will be revealed with them), just that we should keep an open mind that there is a literal pandemic going on and 7 may not get shown off the exact same day.

It's not super unlikely either.

Remember how when the Terry presentation got revealed and it was 50mins, people thought we'd see character 5 with him. And then Nintendo had to clarify it's just Terry.
Remember how a ton of people were willing to bet on a TGA reveal, but then nothing happened. Even then I stated here that people should go in with the expectation that nothing might get revealed.
And then they dropped the Byleth presentation in the middle of January and people (including me) swore that we'd see character 5 and a character 6 revealed, and then nothing happened.

Weirder things have happened.

the byleth trailer was made around the time terry came out
The presentation was recorded at that time, but there's no guarantee that the trailer was done beforehand. It may have finished afterwards, and just edited in, in post. That said, I'm a firm believer that Byleth was originally going to be revealed at the Game Awards, but Nintendo decided to delay him (which was the right decision) to his own reveal day, so it wouldn't surprise me if the trailer was done by the time the presentation took place. Generally speaking, I personally think that trailers are finished 1-2 months before the reveal, but that's just my thoughts. I have 0 ways to back it up.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Honestly, with how animation works, most of the trailers are probably done and were "ordered" some time in the fall of 2019. Animation for advertising is typically done as a package and sent back to the buyer all at the same time. It's like animation for TV and there's usually several episodes being made at the same time. If anything, probably the first 3 or 4 trailers were done by February if 6 was originally going to be shown in April so Covid-19 likely didn't affect the first half of Season 2. Beyond this, we don't know if they used the same animation studio for all of them and, given how the Fighter's Pass turned, they probably didn't meaning it's even less of an issue.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
protoblues protoblues -Work on Season 2 began last E3. Back in January, it was confirmed that work on Banjo began at E3 2018 and he was the third character, giving you an idea of timeframe for the Fighter's Pass. Based on this, Joker and Hero probably started in March or April 2018. Keep in mind that 6 was originally supposed to come out in April, like Mewtwo and Joker, and Sakurai has noted that they typically work on several characters at a time. In this sense, only 6 was delayed and 7 and 8 are on schedule based on this.
On this note, if there was/is a linear progression of time between the start of development on the DLC characters, then right now, right this second, which FP fighter would be the most recent to have begun development? 10?

If we were hypothetically getting 1-3 echoes alongside whichever ARMs character is the main one, and/or a bonus out-of-FP2 fighter like Waluigi that are being developed alongside 6/7/8 (which could somewhat explain the delay if they were working on extra stuff that they either hadn't planned for originally or they decided to save to reveal all at once), how would that affect the pipeline timeline if the extra workload dragged out the development by a month of two?

Polarthief

Smash Lord
TL;DR: I'm not suggesting any character will be delayed. I'm suggesting some reveals may be delayed, but the releases of the character should still be on time.
But... why? Why delay the reveal and not the release? That makes almost no sense. You can always reveal a character early and release them later if they need more time (basically what happened with Terry); delaying the reveal doesn't do anything but annoy people.

Byleth was the only delay from FP1, and I don't know why it happened, but it happened for some reason, I assume because DLC 6 was taking too long and they had to space out the reveals better so we wouldn't be going from (early) December all the way to June without a single reveal? Idk.

Remember how when the Terry presentation got revealed and it was 50mins, people thought we'd see character 5 with him. And then Nintendo had to clarify it's just Terry.
No, I don't remember that in the slightest, nor did I see anyone expecting that (I definitely wasn't). You saying this is the first mention I've ever seen about this.

Remember how a ton of people were willing to bet on a TGA reveal, but then nothing happened. Even then I stated here that people should go in with the expectation that nothing might get revealed.
This however I do remember, though we were expecting it because Nintendo was talking about VGA, and we had Joker last year. Of course we're gonna expect something.

And then they dropped the Byleth presentation in the middle of January and people (including me) swore that we'd see character 5 and a character 6 revealed, and then nothing happened.
Again you lose me. I don't remember anyone swearing or expecting anything. I could be ignorant, but I really don't remember these things you're talking about (besides VGA 2019 being a massive disappointment).

Last edited:

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Sakurai said no delays so I get the feeling that whatever was going to be announced at E3 is probably still going to be announced, especially in the light that ARMS was already delayed two months. This is yet another reason why I think we could get 6, 7, and 8 in June because I seriously doubt the original plans for E3 were just 7. Nintendo's never done a singular Smash character announcement for E3, it's always been at least double. I mean, ****, Ridley and Banjo were doubles and almost everyone agrees it will be super hard to top them (giggity) and that they were two of the most wanted characters ever. If those two weren't "big enough" to reveal by themselves, who is? This point is highlighted even more the further you go back. Ryu, Mr Fighting Games? Not good enough. Pac-Man, basically the oldest successful third party character? Not good enough. Megaman, probably the second most wanted third party character ever in Smash? Not good enough. Snake, the first third party character in Smash ever? Not good enough. Not even Peach or Bowser were revealed at E3 2001 alone and they're some of the most important Nintendo characters, period. This all said, for 7 to be revealed by themselves would be a hell of a statement if Bowser and Peach didn't even get this treatment, especially for E ****in' 3 2020 when Microsoft AND Sony have new consoles coming up. 7 would have to be a Mickey Mouse or Goku level announcement to warrant being revealed alone if they couldn't justify this for Megaman or Ridley and I don't see that happening.
When did sakurai said they isn't going to be delays?
Pd: Mickey Mouse! BUYS THE WORLD and Goku! Hype Over 9000
I wouldn't mind seeing a Sephiroth Mii costume if it came with One Winged Angel, like how the Sans or Cuphead costumes came with songs. They could even base it on an in-game model!

Obviously, it's not ideal, but if it's the only way to get more Final Fantasy music in Smash, I'd gladly get Mii costumes.
Maaaaany people, (including me) think that is going to happen, just look rogerbase video ober the same theme

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman

Its still possible we see CG reveals for ARMS and Charcter 7, but suggesting that Nintendo outsources trailers so far in advance that they have 8 done is pretty unlikely.
Disagree. The animated trailers are very likely created far in advance. No way they wait till the last minute on these things. Remember that Terry's animated trailer was completely finished 2 months minimum before the gameplay itself was ready. Seeing how directs do take some time to set up, I can bet the animation for that trailer was probably done for some time. Sakurai in a Famitsu column even said that he sees everything regarding Smash Ultimate and that work is progressing smoothly. I'm sure the trailers fall into this as well

With this in mind, I think it's very likely the ARMS trailer and 7 are already finished and 8 is pretty far in

Last edited:

a random user

Smash Journeyman
just a thought, spirits are added to the files, then you can get them latter when the server tells the game you can(during the spirit event). it is likely the reason there have been no new spirits in the last few events because the ones planed have already been released, with new spirits intended to be added when we get the arms dlc, so despite what they say,(likely to look good to stockholders) the arms dlc was definitely intended to release a few months ago, so they are behind schedule, maybe not on the arms fighter themselves, but on latter ones, and arms was pushed back to buy time, making the gap between 6/7 not as long, don't expect the next fighter or 2 to release for a while even if they are shown soon

MisterMike

Smash Champion
So I was just idly watch TerminalMontage TerminalMontage 's Something About Donkey Kong Country and I found a SMRPG reference I missed!
- SMRPG cameo at 1:52, in the background to the right a group of Shysters (Shy Guys on pogo sticks featured in SMRPG) can be seen.
TMGeno017a.png
If I've missed any cameos from these videos, feel free to let me know.
The search continues...

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I am expecting 6 and 7 to get revealed in June, but I don't think its time for 8 yet. Revealing who this ARMS rep is I feel kinda counts as a new character reveal since they never really specified who it is, and I think after that, we could see a video right after the presentation where they reveal 7. With the virus going on, I just can't see Sakurai being able to already reveal who 6, 7 and 8 are

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice something that's feeling off to me about your theory of the 2-3 characters planned before Fighters Pass 2 was decided on is Lloyd. You keep saying how he, Geno, and Waluigi were heard from early on and how they were probably intended to be bonus characters with no extra content with them. Except Tales of would be an entirely new series to Smash; you could make the argument Waluigi and Geno work as standalone characters since Mario is heavily represented already, but for Tales of to be excluded of a stage and even music? When it's a third party no less? I can't see that happening. The only time a new character-represented series went without any kind of stage representation is Fire Emblem in Melee, and even then it at least got a song.

And R.O.B. too. Why do we have like seven Yoshi stages but can't get a stage based on Gyromite...

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
I keep drifting back to wondering what Geno's trailer would be, and I can't rule out the possibility that Sakurai might pull another "fakeout" like Banjo and K.rool.

(everyone's discussed this before but ima bring it up again....have a habit of doing that lately...ARGH we need some news....)

I feel like with the arms character reveal, they're gonna reveal the geno mii again....and it'll be a similar trailer as the one in 4, but the difference is, as the Geno mii is walking by, we see a round fast disc hit them followed by the iconic sound from smrpg.

it then goes into an actual Geno trailer. Maybe he makes some comment about "fakes/clones" from Belome if Sakurai really wants to throw a reference in there that only SMRPG fans would get.

a random user

Smash Journeyman
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice something that's feeling off to me about your theory of the 2-3 characters planned before Fighters Pass 2 was decided on is Lloyd. You keep saying how he, Geno, and Waluigi were heard from early on and how they were probably intended to be bonus characters with no extra content with them. Except Tales of would be an entirely new series to Smash; you could make the argument Waluigi and Geno work as standalone characters since Mario is heavily represented already, but for Tales of to be excluded of a stage and even music? When it's a third party no less? I can't see that happening. The only time a new character-represented series went without any kind of stage representation is Fire Emblem in Melee, and even then it at least got a song.

And R.O.B. too. Why do we have like seven Yoshi stages but can't get a stage based on Gyromite...
also f-zero/ mother in smash 64, if you count the first game

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace

My personal theory is Arms was initially planned to be a bonus or individual fighter (planned since before Crash Bash) but was added to FP2 after they green lit it, which explains why FP2 has 6 spots instead of FP1's 5. I think what happened was Sakurai wanted to add another individual fighter after Arms, which probably was Geno, but Nintendo told him if he wanted to add any more, it had to be a whole 'nother pass. This explains why Sakurai has said before "I thought 1 or 2 bonus fighters would've been enough" He initially planned on 1-2 bonus fighters but Nintendo had other ideas.

G0nard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
G0nard
Switch FC
SW-0192-8472-4336
Oh, whoops, ooh! I dropped our monster list that I use for our magnum evidence.

Besides the June 12th Amiibo restock and the September restock on Cloud+Mario Amiibo (and others), nothing really. Still looking good though. Many losing faith cuz of the Paper Mario tOK reveal but I'm not worried.
People are losing faith BECAUSE of PM:OK?? I thought it would increase. I've actually been saying on the Geno Discord that Geno would be the promotional character to the new paper mario game. Since this PM is meant to be "True to Form"

Polarthief

Smash Lord
People are losing faith BECAUSE of PM:OK?? I thought it would increase. I've actually been saying on the Geno Discord that Geno would be the promotional character to the new paper mario game. Since this PM is meant to be "True to Form"
Yeah, that was happening just a few days ago, and I can see why when Nintendo's been extra Nintendo-like lately. I'm still confident in Geno's chances, but that small bit of paranoia I have keeps saying stuff like "Ninty gonna Ninty it up with Paper Mario, and he's gonna have the awful white outline and be based on modern PM games".

G0nard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
G0nard
Switch FC
SW-0192-8472-4336
Yeah, that was happening just a few days ago, and I can see why when Nintendo's been extra Nintendo-like lately. I'm still confident in Geno's chances, but that small bit of paranoia I have keeps saying stuff like "Ninty gonna Ninty it up with Paper Mario, and he's gonna have the awful white outline and be based on modern PM games".
You and me both. Nintendo still can tend to mess SOMETHING up with there games, Mario maker 2 is generally the biggest example of "This is nintendo they'll screw it up somehow" and they did with no friend lobbies online (at first) , shadow dropped major updates and DID NOT include extra games and left 3D world by itself. Like I said in prior posts I still believe in Geno but a nagging feeling left within me is telling me otherwise with another first party rep

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Sakurai wouldn't butcher him, regardless of Nintendo's say.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
You know how people like to imagine all of the Smash roster hanging out in some decked out mansion? Well what about the characters once they get an invite? What do the invited characters do until then? Like don't they have to prepare themselves? What if they get delayed? What if the character hasn't been up to much in recent years? (Sorry my Geno homies.)

Like let's bring up Geno who already has his invite (sorry haters), is he just waiting in the Smash mansion's lobby waiting to be officially announced? Like we saw Villager get an invite and then immediately left, but wouldn't he need to get ready? (Though maybe he just left with the things from his inventory on hand.) I like the idea of Master Hand handing out invites but then the characters who get the invites have to train for months on end until they're ready.

Or they just wait in agony until they're shown off to the world finally.
536.jpg

*Geno waiting to be officially announced and prove the haters wrong (despite us all knowing he already received an invite)

(Sorry Sakurai, the Geno thread has already got you figured out. After all, you've already been caught due to a certain Mallow and Cacodemon leak... ain't that right Malo Mart Malo Mart ?)

Last edited:

_Fun.Tendo_

Smash Cadet
Decided to return here following looking at a few threads, can't tell you how frequently I will be on here, but I'll try my best to be active.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom