• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattX20

Smash Hero
If there were more complicated issues regarding the ARMS rep, I think Sakurai would probably have mentioned it in the Famitsu columns.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I don't see how this remotely applies to Pass 2 as any official statement. None of this is relevant to it. I can't find his original statement, but it's clear he meant Pass 1 by design. There was no Pass 2 when the statement was clearly made. So why should it apply to Pass 2 beyond precedent? That's literally the only thing going for it right now within your core argument.
Yeah, it's precedent, yeah it's the pass is virtually the same, with new stages/music/fighters per pack. It's also the price. They're not gonna sell an echo for the same price as a full fighter.

It depends how much music there is too. 6 dollars for all the work they do on the stages, characters, animations, and licensing music? 6 dollars is actually not unfair either.
Incorrect, considering Terry. 50 tracks, brand new fighter, brand new stage, still the same price. Obviously an outlier with SNK, but they could have easily charged more for the songs if they wanted, but they didn't.

Cool. I don't either. I see no actual evidence to support it either.
So why are we even still talking about this? XD

I judt don't see them revealing 3 at once, I just can't. 2 if we're REALLY lucky, but I genuinely think Sakurai is going to take his time and not show off characters that aren't fully ready. I think we'll get the ARMS rep and MAYBE one other character, three is just far too much for one showing.
Eh, 2 is a given, not "if we're lucky". They'd want to space out the later reveals to not leave them as such a big deal in 2021 (over 2 years after the game released already!), so I see them frontloading the pass than backloading it. Later DLC may also need more time due to corona, but we wouldn't actually know if it was delayed or not. Sakurai's also said that the early characters won't be delayed, so... yeah. ARMS+1 minimum in the next 2 weeks. Also, read below, because it's relevant.

Ah. So the Nintendo Direct.
"This fighter's a bit unusual, thanks to those extendable arms, so we'll have to extend our development time too. Please stay tuned for just a bit... longer."
^ word-for-word what they said in the mini direct. The fact that they said "we'll have to extend our development time" means the character needs a bit more time than expected.

T2by4 T2by4 Honestly I think 7 is all ready to go, but ARMS needed a bit more time. 7's probably "too big" to reveal at a random crappy Q1 mini direct, which is why they left #6 as ARMS. #8 may not be ready, but may also be too big, again why it wasn't swapped. Especially if 7 and/or 8 are promotions, ARMS is definitely the best fit for #6. 9-11 probably have very little done on them already, which is why they couldn't be swapped in. So... yeah. I do not see anything less than ARMS+1 being shown off; there's no way we won't see #7 within 2 weeks, and #8 or a third (bonus?) would be the "if we're lucky" part. Honestly, I just can't see just ARMS after waiting months after hearing "we need more time for the ARMS rep". #7 should be releasing around late Summer (August?)/early Fall (September?). When would they be able to reveal #7 if not at the would-have-been E3 direct?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, it's precedent, yeah it's the pass is virtually the same, with new stages/music/fighters per pack. It's also the price. They're not gonna sell an echo for the same price as a full fighter.
The only advertisement is Character, Stage, Songs. There's nothing to suggest remotely no Echoes are possible. The statement was done only in context with Pass 1. I don't nor ever will buy precedent as a solid argument.

Incorrect, considering Terry. 50 tracks, brand new fighter, brand new stage, still the same price. Obviously an outlier with SNK, but they could have easily charged more for the songs if they wanted, but they didn't.
Then that only shows prices are the same anyway, as long as they have music, stage, and a character. An echo wouldn't necessarily change that precedent-wise either. So it doesn't really help to note that either. The prices were consistent regardless of uniqueness. The only character with a lower price was because of no songs or a stage, and that was literally about a dollar difference(when it wasn't free).

That said, I still need the actual statement about Echoes, as there's no strict criteria statement ever made for Pass 2(well, besides Nintendo picking the characters, but that's... actually it). We have the site advertisement at best, and he only noted at most within the original announcement of "Character, Stage, Music" and that's it. So I don't see any real context pertaining to changes in Pass 2, or for that matter, where context actually tells if anything is not changed in Pass 2. It goes both ways. Lack of a statement does not mean it'll be identical. We had no idea about Echoes in Pass 1 until Sakurai made a clear statement on it. If he didn't, it would've been reasonable to guess it could happen. It's no different here.

Last edited:

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
I don't think the Splatoon push is something to worry about in terms of another 1st party pick right now: they've been teasing a new game since the start of 2020 (with the "Save our Salmons" message). Octoling can be really unique from Inkling, just with the weapon pool that still isn't used. I just don't think it's time is now.
As for echoes in the Fighter Pass, Sakurai is someone who is really honest about unknowns:
- Advised to only buy both Fighter Pass if you felt confident in the value.
- Doesn't like to sell something without the consumer knowing the exact contents that the pack has.
- Calmed expectations seconds before revealing the last character of Pass 1, being Byleth.
- The focus of the DLC is introducing new mechanics never seen before in Smash.
If we were to get an echo, he would not be part of the fighter pass or Sakurai would have told us already.

Last edited:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
First Paper Mario and now what, Octoling? Give me a break! Not everything equals Smash, pull yourselves together!

Between the paranoia of Paper Mario (Nintendo doesn't decide the moveset, Sakurai does and he sure as heck isn't going to not include partners, even if PM does come) and Splatoon (you're saying that Nintendo decided to kick someone out of the pass because they somehow foresaw Splatoon 2's popularity during a pandemic over six months in advance? What a load of ****! They should've warned us about the beer problem if they had that kind of foresight!), it's sad. I'm willing to bet that neither of those scenarios are going to happen and you guys are getting worked up over mere coincidence. If Nintendo had said that a controller was going to be the tournament rewards, would you guys have said "I guess Pro Controller is going to be the next Smash Fighter! Geno can't possibly happen now!"? We're better than this, Genolads!

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Yet another thing I've realized about third party announcements is that they've only been done in presentations or events that Nintendo is either entirely in control of or totally neutral meaning that Microsoft and Sony have a big presence too. This explains why almost all the third party reveals have been at big events like E3 or Smash Directs and why, for example, we've never seen a Smash reveal at something like thr Tokyo Game Show or a individual company presentation. For example, roughly 15% of the Banjo fanbase died of utter despair when Banjo didn't show up in Microsoft's E3 conference last year. I personally fell for the trap of expecting Hero during the numerous Dragon Quest events that happened before E3. Why is this important? It's because, while third parties probably do have some say in when their characters get revealed, they likely don't have a say in where. For example, Activision probably wouldn't be allowed to do a Crash Bandicoot presentation and then close it out with "OH ****, HE'S COMIN' TO SMASH, BRUH!"

I think on this because I think about how Cloud and Terry were treated being revealed in regular ass Directs and all. Like I noted, Cloud was a precursor to the Final Smash 4 DLC and Terry was a precursor to the Season 2 announcement. Beyond that, the Direct that Cloud was in had a good amount of Square Enix content and, like I noted in an earlier post, Terry got the longest Smash presentation ever and it was basically Sakurai gushing about SNK the entire time. If a third party character has missed out on a Smash Direct or a major event, Nintendo's arguably made up for it. Like I've shown though, this seems to be because the Smash E3 show program for that year was already stuffed to the gills. *turns into a lobster* Observe:

E3 2015 could have been Lucas, Roy, Ryu, AND Cloud but that's definitely overkill.

E3 2018 could have "Everyone is Here", Daisy, Ridley AND Simon/Richter and/or K. Rool and I'm pretty sure everyone would have spontaneously died.

E3 2019 could have had Hero, Banjo, and Terry but two original third party characters at one E3 was already envelope pushing enough.

For E3 2020, the basic expectation is one first party character that's half revealed and one third party character. In my opinion, that's definitely low balling things especially in the light of E3s past. Again, observe:

E3 2001: 4 first party characters
E3 2006: 4 first party characters and 1 third
E3 2013: 2 first party characters and 1 third
E3 2014: 5 first party characters and 1 third
E3 2015: 1 half revealed first party, 1 first party, and 1 third
E3 2018: every Smash fighter ever, 1 half revealed first party and 2 first parties
E3 2019: 2 third party

E3 2020 is already starting off on a weak foot by having a character half revealed like Lucas and Inkling. Even by raw numbers, 2020 would be the weakest E3 Smash showing EVER if it was ARMs and one third party character. Keep in mind that Nintendo still has to convince people to buy Season 2 to begin with.

Now, if we look at Smash history, half revealed characters tend to come with two in tow. Lucas brought Roy and Ryu and Inkling brought Daisy and Ridley. Under these parameters, 3 is not unrealistic at all, quite the opposite. As you can see, we're currently 2 for 2 for getting 3 at E3 (that's fun to say) when a character is half revealed in the Spring Direct.

MattX20

Smash Hero

Yet another thing I've realized about third party announcements is that they've only been done in presentations or events that Nintendo is either entirely in control of or totally neutral meaning that Microsoft and Sony have a big presence too. This explains why almost all the third party reveals have been at big events like E3 or Smash Directs and why, for example, we've never seen a Smash reveal at something like thr Tokyo Game Show or a individual company presentation. For example, roughly 15% of the Banjo fanbase died of utter despair when Banjo didn't show up in Microsoft's E3 conference last year. I personally fell for the trap of expecting Hero during the numerous Dragon Quest events that happened before E3. Why is this important? It's because, while third parties probably do have some say in when their characters get revealed, they likely don't have a say in where. For example, Activision probably wouldn't be allowed to do a Crash Bandicoot presentation and then close it out with "OH ****, HE'S COMIN' TO SMASH, BRUH!"

I think on this because I think about how Cloud and Terry were treated being revealed in regular ass Directs and all. Like I noted, Cloud was a precursor to the Final Smash 4 DLC and Terry was a precursor to the Season 2 announcement. Beyond that, the Direct that Cloud was in had a good amount of Square Enix content and, like I noted in an earlier post, Terry got the longest Smash presentation ever and it was basically Sakurai gushing about SNK the entire time. If a third party character has missed out on a Smash Direct or a major event, Nintendo's arguably made up for it. Like I've shown though, this seems to be because the Smash E3 show program for that year was already stuffed to the gills. *turns into a lobster* Observe:

E3 2015 could have been Lucas, Roy, Ryu, AND Cloud but that's definitely overkill.

E3 2018 could have "Everyone is Here", Daisy, Ridley AND Simon/Richter and/or K. Rool and I'm pretty sure everyone would have spontaneously died.

E3 2019 could have had Hero, Banjo, and Terry but two original third party characters at one E3 was already envelope pushing enough.

For E3 2020, the basic expectation is one first party character that's half revealed and one third party character. In my opinion, that's definitely low balling things especially in the light of E3s past. Again, observe:

E3 2001: 4 first party characters
E3 2006: 4 first party characters and 1 third
E3 2013: 2 first party characters and 1 third
E3 2014: 5 first party characters and 1 third
E3 2015: 1 half revealed first party, 1 first party, and 1 third
E3 2018: every Smash fighter ever, 1 half revealed first party and 2 first parties
E3 2019: 2 third party

E3 2020 is already starting off on a weak foot by having a character half revealed like Lucas and Inkling. Even by raw numbers, 2020 would be the weakest E3 Smash showing EVER if it was ARMs and one third party character. Keep in mind that Nintendo still has to convince people to buy Season 2 to begin with.

Now, if we look at Smash history, half revealed characters tend to come with two in tow. Lucas brought Roy and Ryu and Inkling brought Daisy and Ridley. Under these parameters, 3 is not unrealistic at all, quite the opposite. As you can see, we're currently 2 for 2 for getting 3 at E3 (that's fun to say) when a character is half revealed in the Spring Direct.
The only way we'll know for sure is when the Smash presentation or Direct occurs

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Alright , I usually don't do them... But I know everyone here pretty well , so might as well share my predicition for FP2. Once again , I'm not Sakurai , I'm just some random K.Rool/Olimar main from Normandy lol
View attachment 272918
ARMS : Well , we're getting an ARMS fighter. And honestly , while this choice is controversial , I'm betting on a hero situation with them. It would also be easier for advertising , you represent a complete franchise in a way. I feel like it's easier to sell the name "ARMS" than it is to sell "Min-Min" or "Max Brass" , but that's just me.

Geno : Check the list by PolarThieft + The insane fan demand.

Rayman : Ubisoft has been very weird with Smash as of late , and Rayman has been a favorite for Smash , on top of having a good history with Nintendo. I feel like it could finally be time for my limbless boy.

Isaac : I don't know if people are aware , but there's been some really weird stuff going behind the scenes with trademarks and stuff concerning GS. I'm fairly confident we could get some GS Duology remaster , and Isaac would come to promote it , and he would be fairly well recieved.

Lloyd : Obligatory Bamco rep , it's weird these guys got nothing after working on Smash for long. Heihachi could also work.

Waluigi : Yeah , I already putted Geno here. But I have the gut feeling that Waluigi is just going to be the final reveal. It would be an internet breaking reveal imo , and while Smash doesn't end on good final reveals... I simply have this gut feeling that Sakurai will say "*sigh*... It's really because I love my job. Have your lanky plumber."
I've given up on wah happening unless they just drop him after but otherwise this is basically my own prediction list. The golden sun stuff has been hard slept on outside its thread and even though were not guaranteed anything besides a switch release of some kind(much less smash dlc) if they are truly serious about trying to revive golden sun then it makes perfect sense to stick Isaac in smash just like arms, and it certain helps that is already a highly requested item anyway. There isn't any direct evidence it will happen but until the announcement and release comes and goes I'll have my fingers crossed that Isaac will be joining geno sometime in the next 12 months.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
What if we didn't get Geno in Smash Ultimate, but instead we got Dr. Geno in Dr. Mario World?
Why not both?

(And for those who didn't notice, Moptimus Prime was my old name. I do have it set so you can see my previous names up till the boards were redone, anyway).

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
Hey all! So I had a thought last night that really stuck with me about this entire pass and what it could mean for Geno.

As we all know by now, Geno's Mii Costume did not show up with Hero's pack, which is giving us some hope that he may be coming as a fighter in the future. Here's a list of what costumes came with each pass, listing whether or not they were new:

Joker: 4 new, 2 returning
Hero: 4 new
Banjo: 3 new, 2 returning
Terry: 3 new, 2 returning
Byleth: 3 new, 2 returning

It's a little weird, yes? There's a very obvious gap that could have been filled by the only 2 Square costumes that could have been seen as returning (Geno Costume & Chocobo Hat), but they're seemingly MIA. We have already talked about this for the most part, but I thought about this gap for a bit last night and suddenly, this piece of audio from the FP2 reveal came into my mind.

"As I stated, we'll continue to release more DLC fighters down the line. I had thought that one or two might suffice, but, well.... have a look."

This can be taken as Sakurai cracking a joke, but the possibility of this being a development fact stands as well. If this is meant to be taken seriously, this confirms that Sakurai had initially planned for one or two "extra" characters after this pass, but eventually enough concepts were accepted that the development of an entirely separate Fighters Pass came to be. If we take into consideration that FP2 is said to have started negotiations and development in the Summer of 2019, during which Hero was revealed and released....

Could Geno have been one of those one or two extra DLC fighters that were first negotiated? If this is true, then Geno sitting in an earlier spot (#77 or #78) would have even more reasoning behind it.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
AND ANOTHER ONE GONE
AND ANOTHER ONE GONE
ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST
YEAH
HEY
THEY'RE GONNA BAN YOU TOO
ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST

What if we didn't get Geno in Smash Ultimate, but instead we got Dr. Geno in Dr. Mario World?
We've gotten Dr. Stack O. Goombas, I believe anything's possible at this point. Personally I'm hoping for Dr. Wart.

Hey all! So I had a thought last night that really stuck with me about this entire pass and what it could mean for Geno.

As we all know by now, Geno's Mii Costume did not show up with Hero's pack, which is giving us some hope that he may be coming as a fighter in the future. Here's a list of what costumes came with each pass, listing whether or not they were new:

It's a little weird, yes? There's a very obvious gap that could have been filled by the only 2 Square costumes that could have been seen as returning (Geno Costume & Chocobo Hat), but they're seemingly MIA. We have already talked about this for the most part, but I thought about this gap for a bit last night and suddenly, this piece of audio from the FP2 reveal came into my mind.

"As I stated, we'll continue to release more DLC fighters down the line. I had thought that one or two might suffice, but, well.... have a look."

This can be taken as Sakurai cracking a joke, but the possibility of this being a development fact stands as well. If this is meant to be taken seriously, this confirms that Sakurai had initially planned for one or two "extra" characters after this pass, but eventually enough concepts were accepted that the development of an entirely separate Fighters Pass came to be. If we take into consideration that FP2 is said to have started negotiations and development in the Summer of 2019, during which Hero was revealed and released....

Could Geno have been one of those one or two extra DLC fighters that were first negotiated? If this is true, then Geno sitting in an earlier spot (#77 or #78) would have even more reasoning behind it.
An interesteing hypothesis. Wouldn't be suprised if that were the case.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Going back to this storyboard for a hypothetical Skull Kid/Geno trailer

It's like, god damn dude. That would have been so cool

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

This just ties into a lot of things we've talked about and have been supported by mountains of coincidences since 2018:

-Decent evidence that Sakurai was already considering "extra" characters when the Fighter's Pass was first announced.

-Decent evidence that he already had several in mind, Geno included, before Ultimate even released.

-Decent evidence that 6 and 7 would be Nintendo or from companies already in Smash due to ease of access and useable assets.

Makes you think, don't it?

206-2065677_view-samegoogleiqdbsaucenao-smug-mario-pepe-the-frog-black.jpg

QQS

Smash Lord
197EFBE6-3CA6-44D5-B04D-05FEB4B4E000.jpeg

who made this photo? Just wanna credit before posting on social media. Thanks

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I'm sure development for the ARMS rep is going about the same as Joker was after his reveal, honestly.

In that they're likely making very strong headway on the next two fighters while working on them, and we won't likely be waiting too long afterwards for them. It's even taking about the same amount of time as Joker did (in regards to the announcement of Fighter Pass 2, I mean, not to the ARMS "reveal") since they likely started from near-scratch after the announcement, again, like what was clarified to be the case with Joker.

So any "extra" time they joked about needing for the ARMs rep likely just means, to me, that they want to make decent headway on the next few before showing off the ARMS rep.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm sure development for the ARMS rep is going about the same as Joker was after his reveal, honestly.

In that they're likely making very strong headway on the next two fighters while working on them, and we won't likely be waiting too long afterwards for them. It's even taking about the same amount of time as Joker did (in regards to the announcement of Fighter Pass 2, I mean, not to the ARMS "reveal") since they likely started from near-scratch after the announcement, again, like what was clarified to be the case with Joker.

So any "extra" time they joked about needing for the ARMs rep likely just means, to me, that they want to make decent headway on the next few before showing off the ARMS rep.
That, and with E3 cancelled, they have a decent excuse to have multiple character reveals/turn the presentation into a full Smash Direct

QQS

Smash Lord
64103977-4B0B-4E44-B12C-19AE93C1FE72.jpeg

Just a quick reminder I made of Geno evolution in Smash Bros series. Probably will look like this after Geno gets revealed soon as our next Master Fan Request like Ridley, KKR & B-K.

Credits to NibrocRock on the last picture!

papagenos papagenos TerminalMontage TerminalMontage Fatmanonice Fatmanonice

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

I do think Sakurai was being genuine when he said that ARMS was being delayed for balancing reasons but, at the same time, I think you're right too in that they're probably wanting to announce or even release a couple of characters together or at least in very close proximity.

JoscarGamma

Smash Apprentice
It would be worth the wait if they revealed 6,7, and 8 together, and then announce that 6 would be released the same day, 7 the month after, and 8 the month after that.

QQS

Smash Lord
Im waiting Arms character to be revealed as “Available Later Today” and then we see #77 trailer (with or without gameplay, hopefully Geno) available a month later (probably with the release of Origami + SMRPG added to the library).

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I do think Sakurai was being genuine when he said that ARMS was being delayed for balancing reasons but, at the same time, I think you're right too in that they're probably wanting to announce or even release a couple of characters together or at least in very close proximity.
"I'm sorry that the contents of FP2 have been unknown for about 4.5 months now, so I'm going to reveal half of the pass right now." *reveals 6-8*

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
Actually, it may be the opposite: since they've delayed the ARMS character, it just so happens that #7 is already done with #8 being very close to completion. I was looking at some data and, assuming that the 3 characters are done in parallel and they don't affect one another, we would have 3 DLC groups being made in this order:

Group A: Plant -> Banjo -> ARMS -> #9.
Group B: Joker -> Terry -> #7 -> #10.
Group C: Hero -> Byleth -> #8 -> #11.

Then I started using the 7 month timeframe for characters and the 2 week release preparation (as shown by Byleth), and reached interesting results:
  • If Geno is #7, it would have began development after Terry was finished around October. Add 7 months with no delays and you get May. Not only that, but #8 would be done sometime in July, meaning that it would be in the "polishing" stage and could already be shown. By using the 7 month timeframe, you also get that #6 would've been done (not released) by February or March with no delays.
  • If we assume that Terry was finished 2 weeks before his release and Geno started soon afterwards, it would place Cacomallow at the very beginning of Geno's pack development, meaning that Mii Costumes were being made at the very beginning of the pack which, in turn if this applies to all packs, would mean that Cacodemon hat is either part of Geno's or ARMS' pack. Most likely the latter, but a interesting proposition, nonetheless...

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
"I'm sorry that the contents of FP2 have been unknown for about 4.5 months now, so I'm going to reveal half of the pass right now." *reveals 6-8*
I mean... By the numbers, they revealed 40% of the Fighter's Pass at last year's E3 so, in an Ackchyually sort of way, revealing half of the Season 2 at E3 would Ackchyually only be only a 10% increase in the grand scheme of things. In comparison, 2 characters would actually be about a 7% decrease from last year. To be an even bigger smart ass, E3 2015 showed off about 43% of Smash 4's character DLC. :troll:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Anyone noticed on YouTube (if you're subbed to Nintendo's official channel) that they seemed to have uploaded a trailer for Five Nights at Freddy's: Help Wanted about three (3) hours ago yet, when checking it out, the video is no longer available.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Anyone noticed on YouTube (if you're subbed to Nintendo's official channel) that they seemed to have uploaded a trailer for Five Nights at Freddy's: Help Wanted about three (3) hours ago yet, when checking it out, the video is no longer available.
Maybe it wasn't supposed to be uploaded just yet? Sometimes employees make mistakes.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I mean... By the numbers, they revealed 40% of the Fighter's Pass at last year's E3 so, in an Ackchyually sort of way, revealing half of the Season 2 at E3 would Ackchyually only be only a 10% increase in the grand scheme of things. In comparison, 2 characters would actually be about a 7% decrease from last year. To be an even bigger smart ass, E3 2015 showed off about 43% of Smash 4's character DLC. :troll:
AKSHULLY, they already revealed 20% before E3 last year, so while E3 did reveal 40%, that would still be 60% revealed in totality, with only 50% after this upcoming presentation (and honestly, we already have 0.5/6 revealed, so do the math on 2.5/6 because I'm on my phone and getting food atm so I can't, lol, but that's what this presentation would show instead of 50%)

But uh yeah.

FOXY SWIGGITY SWOOTIES FOR YOUR BOOTIES.

I super-doubt it means anything and I doubt FNAF getting a rep even more. THAT would be another prime candidate for a deluxe costume.

T2by4

Smash Lord
AKSHULLY, they already revealed 20% before E3 last year, so while E3 did reveal 40%, that would still be 60% revealed in totality, with only 50% after this upcoming presentation (and honestly, we already have 0.5/6 revealed, so do the math on 2.5/6 because I'm on my phone and getting food atm so I can't, lol, but that's what this presentation would show instead of 50%)

But uh yeah.

FOXY SWIGGITY SWOOTIES FOR YOUR BOOTIES.

I super-doubt it means anything and I doubt FNAF getting a rep even more. THAT would be another prime candidate for a deluxe costume.
Honestly the three BIG indie reps for me personally are Undertale/Deltarune, Cuphead, and FNAF. I feel like FNAF will be one of the deluxe costumes, it made a huge impact back in the day, would be nice to see. Although it isn't really known for it's music (excluding fan music from youtube), I do wonder what song they could possibly use for it.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Honestly the three BIG indie reps for me personally are Undertale/Deltarune, Cuphead, and FNAF. I feel like FNAF will be one of the deluxe costumes, it made a huge impact back in the day, would be nice to see. Although it isn't really known for it's music (excluding fan music from youtube), I do wonder what song they could possibly use for it.
The easiest choice would be from the controversial FNAF World. I like to think Stone Cold would be the ideal song, though there are other more likely songs throughout the series.

Last edited:

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
Another thing I'd like to bring up is the notion that 3 characters are on the development line at a time. If we look at this tweet from PushDustIn PushDustIn all the way back in May of 2019, it gives us some subtle information on how the dev team handles this.

This would turn out to be Joker, Hero, Banjo, and the Stage Builder. For the development cycle, let's cut it into three sections: Concept/Planning, Modeling/Animation, and Debugging/Balacing. Imagine this as a conveyor, with each fighter running through each section. Once Joker exits the Concept/Planning phase, he would move to Modeling/Animation, while Hero is put into Concept/Planning. Once the final fighter in a batch has passed Concept/Planning, the next batch begins and so on and so on. This makes sense, but why would they be in batches of 3?

Well, besides the tweet above, Smash 4's DLC cycle is pretty telling: Lucas, Roy, and Ryu were practically bound together in that June 2015 Direct, with Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta all releasing within 2 months of each other as well. Mewtwo is the only outlier here, as he was developed right after the game went gold, before Smash 3DS or Wii U were released.

Assuming that Piranha Plant is not truly considered part of the batch cycle like Mewtwo, the lineup looks like this:
First Batch: Joker, Hero, Banjo
Second Batch: Terry, Byleth, ARMS rep
Third Batch: FP7, FP8, FP9
Fourth Batch: FP10, FP11, ???

With the release date of "June" given to us for the ARMS rep, it's safe to say that the ARMS rep is either nearing the end of the Debugging/Balancing phase or completely finished. This would mean that both FP7 and FP8 are already currently being developed. Specifically, FP7 would be just about wrapping up modeling and animation. This means that FP7 has a good chance of seeing the light of day soon! As for that Fourth Batch, who knows what could be in that last spot? Maybe that's just the end and once FP11 has gone through the motions, they're done. Maybe a bonus character will fill that empty space. At this point, we don't know.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Another thing I'd like to bring up is the notion that 3 characters are on the development line at a time. If we look at this tweet from PushDustIn PushDustIn all the way back in May of 2019, it gives us some subtle information on how the dev team handles this.

This would turn out to be Joker, Hero, Banjo, and the Stage Builder. For the development cycle, let's cut it into three sections: Concept/Planning, Modeling/Animation, and Debugging/Balacing. Imagine this as a conveyor, with each fighter running through each section. Once Joker exits the Concept/Planning phase, he would move to Modeling/Animation, while Hero is put into Concept/Planning. Once the final fighter in a batch has passed Concept/Planning, the next batch begins and so on and so on. This makes sense, but why would they be in batches of 3?

Well, besides the tweet above, Smash 4's DLC cycle is pretty telling: Lucas, Roy, and Ryu were practically bound together in that June 2015 Direct, with Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta all releasing within 2 months of each other as well. Mewtwo is the only outlier here, as he was developed right after the game went gold, before Smash 3DS or Wii U were released.

Assuming that Piranha Plant is not truly considered part of the batch cycle like Mewtwo, the lineup looks like this:
First Batch: Joker, Hero, Banjo
Second Batch: Terry, Byleth, ARMS rep
Third Batch: FP7, FP8, FP9
Fourth Batch: FP10, FP11, ???

With the release date of "June" given to us for the ARMS rep, it's safe to say that the ARMS rep is either nearing the end of the Debugging/Balancing phase or completely finished. This would mean that both FP7 and FP8 are already currently being developed. Specifically, FP7 would be just about wrapping up modeling and animation. This means that FP7 has a good chance of seeing the light of day soon! As for that Fourth Batch, who knows what could be in that last spot? Maybe that's just the end and once FP11 has gone through the motions, they're done. Maybe a bonus character will fill that empty space. At this point, we don't know.
These are some great observations. I also read your post about how its very possible Geno could be CP7 which makes me even more hype for June.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
The ball's just rolling downhill at this point. Everything's lining up very nicely. There's just way too many coincidences.
<insert the overused-in-this-thread "Oh yeah, it's all coming together" gif here>

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I was going to bring up the Fighter Pass one PushDustin tweet but I figured I had beaten that dead horse enough to not bring it up again.

Also, you'd still technically count Piranha Plant since that means Sakurai and the team can work on up to 4 fighters simultaneously for DLC. Sure, it doesn't line up with "batch theory," but it absolutely proves that the team is more than capable on working with a huge character workload all at once, much less 3 DLC fighters that likely started work last year at some point.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
[]

It all really is. Brb, about to bet 10 bucks on my friend that Geno is FP7...
JUST to be safe, I'd place the bet on "7 or 8". There's absolutely the possibility of another E3 pick like Crash being #7 and then Geno showing up at the end of "E3". Seriously though, it's looking really good. If Geno somehow, SOMEHOW isn't in FP2, I will never, ever, understand how so many coincidences can fall flat, ever. Even the word "coincidences" would haunt me for the rest of my life, lol.

(Obviously using E3 as that was the original plan but you know what I mean, similar to Hero being the first shown followed by Banjo being at the end of last year's)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom