• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
just because Nintendo doesnt tske down a "leak" doesnt mean thr leak is real. It could be fake and nintendo just doesnt give a care. And I say the with respect, hopefully its real for yalls sanity because you guys are putting a lot of chips on the thing
Because it hasn't been disproven yet. Most video/image leaks don't survive anywhere near this long under the microscope, yet Cacomallow has gone months now without a conclusive verdict. It's really a coinflip at this point IMO, and we'll just have to wait and see what the next announcement holds.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
just because Nintendo doesnt tske down a "leak" doesnt mean thr leak is real. It could be fake and nintendo just doesnt give a care. And I say the with respect, hopefully its real for yalls sanity because you guys are putting a lot of chips on the thing
Yay, Fatman's essay is finally here!

*Mere Moments Later*

Nerds who are anti-puppet and wanna hate for no reason other than they got nothing else going on:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
That’s like the opposite of what we’re saying. If leaks are real Nintendo usually takes them down, so them not taking this one down is the only real point against it right now, which is why we theorycraft to figure out a scenario where it could be real without getting taken down.

D

Deleted member

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
To add on to the Geno's Longevity section of the essay, there's the fact that Geno and Samus both made background cameos in an official (albeit online only) Transformers comic. Of all the possible background characters to add they picked GENO

1578263664807.png

Even to the point of Geno's incomprehnsible name being acknowledged in an in-character ask column too

1578263859407.png

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
To add on to the Geno's Longevity section of the essay, there's the fact that Geno and Samus both made background cameos in an official (albeit online only) Transformers comic. Of all the possible background characters to add they picked GENO

Even to the point of Geno's incomprehnsible name being acknowledged in an in-character ask column too

View attachment 255868
#SidewaysForSmash

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Today was a day that will go down in history. The fabled Geno essay, bible, whatever you may call it.

Great work Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , this was truly worth the wait! Gave me something to read on this lazy Sunday, and it was loaded with tons of interesting info!

Ray102396

Smash Apprentice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WQDSRg0fxs

So they talk a bit about Geno here and two of them think he could be #5. They also say the direct might not be until Feb.
I wouldn't trust it too much. They know people know that they've "predicted" things right in the past, so it's very possible they're saying that just to throw those people off. Or they just actually don't know for sure now and they actually are just predicting. That said, if Geno really is #5? That would be pretty great.

link2702

Smash Champion
Don’t they usually announce a day before a direct at least when it happens?

Since they didn’t announce anything today I’m skeptical of it being tomorrow....

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Don’t they usually announce a day before a direct at least when it happens?

Since they didn’t announce anything today I’m skeptical of it being tomorrow....
If I recall right, the announcement for Joker's presentation came randomly at like 8pm one night.

I mean it's super unlikely but it could happen. But I'm betting Wednesday right now

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Today was a day that will go down in history. The fabled Geno essay, bible, whatever you may call it.

Great work Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , this was truly worth the wait! Gave me something to read on this lazy Sunday, and it was loaded with tons of interesting info!
I'll call it a bible from now on to really make justice to it.

So, if the Direct is this week, what day would you guys bet it being on?
I'm betting Wednesday, or maybe Tuesday. Just seem like the right time to me

link2702

Smash Champion
If I recall right, the announcement for Joker's presentation came randomly at like 8pm one night.

I mean it's super unlikely but it could happen. But I'm betting Wednesday right now
Joker was announced at the game awards though, so while it wasn’t a direct, it also wasn’t really “random” seeing how it was at a big game event the night right before smash’s release. People were expecting Nintendo to say SOMETHING smash related there.

On a different topic though....does fp5 even have a codename? Most others had one, but we never heard anything about 5’s

D

Deleted member

Can someone explain me why this is, (condersing how Elder Scrolls is popular in Japan compared to DOOM)

Other then the "leak" and "I just personally care for DOOM more"
I like how you already just assume my reaction by adding the "other than" part to it. Real cute, but truth is I don't care about leaks. Leaks damn near destroyed Smash speculation for me and kinda put me off Smash for a while so I don't like referring to them. I also think that leak culture had turned into a cancer in this community which is why I hate getting involved with them. And I don't care about DOOM either. I just... don't. Never got too deep into the games. They're fun, I just never gave them as much time as I would have liked too.

It's just a hunch really. I do genuinely feel the character DOOM Marine has a lot more going on for him than Dovahkiin. There's a lot of very simple facts, really:

1) The history DOOM has with Nintendo being on a Nintendo consoles since 1995. Spin-offs like DOOM 64 were Nintendo exclusive until very very recently.

2) DOOM Eternal is a game many people look forward too. It's coming up soon. It's a release that'll come a lot sooner than ES6 obv. ES6 doesn't even have a release date yet and given how "ambitious" Todd Howard the guys at Bethesda have been, it still might be a while before we find out and I doubt it'll coexist with the Smash DLC unlike DOOM Eternal.

3) DOOM is a pioneer in the FPS franchise. I think it'd be nice to have more FPS representation. With all due respect to ES and Dovahkiin, we got a lotta RPG reps and a lotta swordsman already.

4)If DOOM Marine was chosen, it'd refreshing to see a newcomer that's a gunner. We haven't gotten a newcomer in Ultimate yet that fits the "gunner" criteria unless you count Inkling maybe. Plus the DLC would have a swordsman in Hero, a fighter in Terry, a duo in BK, a... Joker in Joker I guess, and a gunner in Marine, assuming DOOM Marine is #5.

That's pretty much as unbiased as I can get.

T2by4

Smash Lord
A bit skeptical about it being tuesday or wednesday. Usually we would hear even the smallest amount of leaks of whats coming by now... Unless Nintendo REALLY kept things on lock this time around.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Joker was announced at the game awards though, so while it wasn’t a direct, it also wasn’t really “random” seeing how it was at a big game event the night right before smash’s release. People were expecting Nintendo to say SOMETHING smash related there.

On a different topic though....does fp5 even have a codename? Most others had one, but we never heard anything about 5’s
No, you misunderstood me.

I'm talking about in April when we were going through the big info drought. Out of nowhere one night they just dropped on Twitter that Joker's overview presentation would be the next day

StarLight42

Smash Lord
A bit skeptical about it being tuesday or wednesday. Usually we would hear even the smallest amount of leaks of whats coming by now... Unless Nintendo REALLY kept things on lock this time around.
I think you're overreacting. Wait until their twitter updates before losing hope.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
NoA ambassador and VRPlant have more or less "retired" from insider stuff so we're back to flying blind on Direct dates.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
NoA ambassador and VRPlant have more or less "retired" from insider stuff so we're back to flying blind on Direct dates.
I thought that only the NoA ambassador retired from insider stuff, doesn't VRPlant only speak when he knows things are happening for sure or did he got tired about that stuff too?

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice I've read your essay and enjoyed it thoroughly, easy to see how much effort and love you put into it.

We are at the endgame ... or at least sitting on our hands sweating and agonizing about DLC 2.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
So the essay it's finally out? Nice. I got to read it and it was very concise with the topics about what most members of the forum known if they have been a part of the thread for so long.

Props for it coming out and sharing your views with the rest of the world. The key of it was that it was all speculation and because of it being speculation doesn't necessarily give it baggage or bad word on not meaning anything else. The last couple of pages got real.

Courage can certainly be an emotion that can be something to gain from oneself views and acts, and that it takes a lot to admit rights and wrongs. To keep going no matter what...

That hit close.

Props Fatmanonice Fatmanonice for the essay. It was a good read, honestly. Hopefully in the event that Geno DOES come to Ultimate, you make another one or share a word like that again.

:bowser::starman:.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
You know, I'm curious to hear what ChronoBound ChronoBound has to say about Geno after he get's in. I would like to hear his long essay about Geno if he has one for him. The dude always has long, in depth, interesting essays he writes about characters especially after they get in.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I thought that only the NoA ambassador retired from insider stuff, doesn't VRPlant only speak when he knows things are happening for sure or did he got tired about that stuff too?
A good number of people are still in contact with VRPlant but, based on their job, I don't think they feel comfortable doing it anymore. VRPlant knew very, very specific info and I think that put a lot of heat on them, arguably making it easier to deduce who they were than most involved in official Nintendo stuff. In short, it was kind of encouraged for them to "quit" the insider stuff so they wouldn't risk their job.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom