• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
If only more people thought like you... but alas, I think the hate is too insurmountable. Toxicity flows everywhere in larger fan bases like Smash's. There's not much you can do but encourage positivity and be a beacon of it yourself.
Thank you very much, the truth is that it is exhausting to enter posts about smash and always find toxic people that spread negativity with their typical "that will never happen" or "are no longer relevant" and makes you want to answer them but most of them do not know how to argue and always repeat the same thing as parrots

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Thank you very much, the truth is that it is exhausting to enter posts about smash and always find toxic people that spread negativity with their typical "that will never happen" or "are no longer relevant" and makes you want to answer them but most of them do not know how to argue and always repeat the same thing as parrots
It's kind of why this, or other characters I like, Threads are a safe haven. Great to take a break from the constant negativity against your favorite character. It won't change, which is kind of the sad truth of it all. However, if the majority of people can discuss and learn to see the two sides of the same coin...then that would be enough.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
It's kind of why this, or other characters I like, Threads are a safe haven. Great to take a break from the constant negativity against your favorite character. It won't change, which is kind of the sad truth of it all. However, if the majority of people can discuss and learn to see the two sides of the same coin...then that would be enough.
I agree, this site is a paradise compared to other sites I've seen

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
No news of a Terry reveal tomorrow or anything of the sort, guess we'll have to wait a bit more. I'm betting next week on Tuesday or Wednesday is when we're getting something, we'll see.
What I wonder is this: What do y'all plan on doing if Geno doesn't make it?
Aw man, I'd be bummed if that was the case. I'd probably move on quickly though, and I'd still bee optimistic because so far I only got disappointed about Geno twice: once with the Grinch fiasco (back when I didn't even actively want him) and once when I just accepted Spirits wouldn't come as DLC which I don't even believe in anymore. So I'm not as burned out as others seem to be.

The worst part about that would be that I wouldn't have many characters to root for because everyone else I want is either a png or stuck in snowglobe hell (I love this analogy by the way lmao). Game's dope as is though, so I'd have no reason to stop playing.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
That makes me wonder, is there more hatred than love in the world, especially as far as fanbases go?
Not to get overly political or philisophical, but that unfortunately seems to usually be the case with the loudest and the people in charge, wherever youre looking. I think if you boil down a person to their core (metaphorically lol), the vast majority of us are good-hearted people who just want the best for ourselves, our loved ones, and usually the larger society around them. Its always the loudest ones who show anger and hatred the most, and the rest of us usually get drowned out whether we resist or not.

Ugh sorry about that lol I try not to get that deep on a videogame forum

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Welp, looks like Terry's not dropping tomorrow, but I guess he's still likely within the week DURING the Spirit Event's run.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Well it's certainly been a long time since I've posted. Had to take a long break after getting BTFO'd hardcore heh. A lot of life events also took place during this time and I just sorta stopped going hardcore into Smash speculation as it certainly was having an effect on my mental health. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm not dead I guess? Sorry if I worried anyone. I also haven't played Smash since Banjo dropped as well so I've been kinda out of the loop obviously lmao. Just praying my pfp is a bonus fighter at this point.

Though things are looking amazing for Geno! I haven't felt this confident about a character in a long time. Hopefully that wish will be granted soon.

Also female Terry plz.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Well it's certainly been a long time since I've posted. Had to take a long break after getting BTFO'd hardcore heh. A lot of life events also took place during this time and I just sorta stopped going hardcore into Smash speculation as it certainly was having an effect on my mental health. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm not dead I guess? Sorry if I worried anyone. I also haven't played Smash since Banjo dropped as well so I've been kinda out of the loop obviously lmao. Just praying my pfp is a bonus fighter at this point.

Though things are looking amazing for Geno! I haven't felt this confident about a character in a long time. Hopefully that wish will be granted soon.

Also female Terry plz.
ANI!!! I'm SO happy to see you around again! How have you been, buddy?! Hopefully getting better and looking to a brighter future! I've missed seeing you around, chica! :drflip:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Also, did someone find something about the Smash DLC webpage I overlooked? I saw a lot of people posting about the character slots being added when I was pretty certain that's not the case.
I couldn’t find the extra slots, either, not even in the original ResetEra poster’s images. I don’t understand where people are getting this from.

AugustusB

Smash Champion

Also female Terry plz.
Glad you are doing well! It is great to see you back. Taking time away from speculation is always good. Honestly, with new fighters past the pass, the doors have been open wide for characters. Here's hoping for our boys!

D

Deleted member

https://twitter.com/Ruben_dal/status/1190135979656527873?s=20

Hmmmm.. Very interesting seems like he might happen on the 6th.

Also female Terry plz.
Oh! Hey Ani! long time no see. Hopefully everything is going well! As you can see Geno seems to be in a very good spot for post-FP DLC and hopefully if the opportunity arises Ninten could be in a good spot too.

Anyways glad to see you're doing well. Taking time off of speculation is always a good thing I might do that too someday as it can get really stressful and bad for your mental health like you said.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
This is why im pretty sure FP 5 and the final FINAL DLC character will be disappointments

The characters in between are what we should look out for
I understand what you're saying and somewhat agree. I think my boy @Serenade01 said this before, but he said something along the lines of Incineroar being "disappointing" is pretty subjective and is just taking into account our "Smash Bubble" (as Eric calls it). I don't remember what Serenade said exactly (sorry if I misquoted you dude), but that was the gist of it.

Sure, the Grinch Hoax got people's hopes up, but even putting aside that, Sakurai already revealed so many fan favorites (all past characters returning, Daisy, Ridley, the Belmonts, Chrom, Dark Samus, King K. Rool, Isabelle) so hardcore Smash fans were already hooked. Incineroar is much more broader in terms of appeal since he is from the most profitable media franchise. Incineroar wasn't a "shill pick," he just appeals to a lot of people (namely younger people and Pokémon fans). So to a large sect of people, Incineroar is exciting (and I think his fun and unique moveset definitely wooed over hardcore players too, despite him not being the most "competitively viable" character out there). So you could even argue a new Pokémon is technically a fan request as well (though I think people wanted Decidueye more).

But I don't disagree with you, typically Sakurai likes to just give the fan favorites up front first or in the middle. Yeah, I'd definitely prefer to have a fan favorite near the end too, but I guess having any at all is good.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
To those of you saying this is Geno's last chance, remember that's what most of us in the Ridley thread said in smash 4, and look what happened there. Support for Geno is higher than ever. Don't count him out of smash 6 if he doesn't make it in this time.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
To those of you saying this is Geno's last chance, remember that's what most of us in the Ridley thread said in smash 4, and look what happened there. Support for Geno is higher than ever. Don't count him out of smash 6 if he doesn't make it in this time.
Pretty much this, no matter who your supporting, vocal demand does wonders for a characters consideration. Geno's demand is what gotten him this far and if he doesn't make it this game you guys keep at it, not even necessarily Smash but for Geno and Super Mario RPG as well. Sakurai, Nintendo and Square will cave in eventually

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's funny how a question that Ovaltine asked - consistently the most positive person in this thread - has sparked almost two pages worth of posts that feel kind of dejected.

This entire week has seen huge positivity for Geno, no reason to end it on such a low note. We'll have our boy soon enough, all the signs point to it, and if I'm wrong... Well, no better hill to die on than Star Hill.

I did get to thinking last night, though, that if they intend to give us Fighter 5 with Terry's information trailer, they're not going to drop it on us out of the blue like with Joker. It's been pretty obvious for a while that if there's going to be a new character reveal, they don't want it to be spoiled for anyone, so they've made sure to only show characters off during presentations that have been announced.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It's been 1 whole year since that disappointing Smash Direct which crushed so many peoples' dreams and 1 year since this idiot went on his imaginary victory rant:

If you don't know who this moron is, he is the fool who burned 100 Rosalina Amiibos, made a video show casing him burning them, and during it just so the fans couldn't get their hands on them.

I'm fairly certain they said that it was just speculation
I know Fatmanonice Fatmanonice did say it was probably just speculation, it's just I REALLY trust the dude and think he's really awesome. When I hear him say something, I almost take it all as facts even when it has nothing to do with Sabi's NOA source.

D

Deleted member

It's been 1 whole year since that disappointing Smash Direct which crushed so many peoples' dreams and 1 year since this idiot went on his imaginary victory rant:

If you don't know who this moron is, he is the fool who burned 100 Rosalina Amiibos, made a video show casing him burning them, and during it just so the fans couldn't get their hands on them.
I still believe that this beautiful individual is the mastermind behind the Grinch leak.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I doubt it lol!
Yeah, this guy is the trolliest troll to ever troll, but he's... not a very intelligent guy. I doubt he'd have the know-how and connections to make something like this possible. He's just having a merry old time taking 'credit' for it.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, this guy is the trolliest troll to ever troll, but he's... not a very intelligent guy. I doubt he'd have the know-how and connections to make something like this possible. He's just having a merry old time taking 'credit' for it.
Pretending to be an idiot is what escalates good trolls to great trolls.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
So it looks like they pulled a "summer showcase" on us and reversed the Terry page. I'd say that about seals the deal we should be ready any day now.

Geno is in we're getting so close now I can feel it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Lol! Maybe so. But I highly doubt mariotehplumber is a master mind.
Maybe. We'll never know, I don't think, but he's definitely the most likely candidate in my book. One of the only candidates, really.

He made the thumbnail for the video, I assume, so why did he put a ? over Banjo while putting an X on everyone else?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So it looks like they pulled a "summer showcase" on us and reversed the Terry page. I'd say that about seals the deal we should be ready any day now.

Geno is in we're getting so close I can feel it.
I'M REALLY FEELING IT!!!

Maybe. We'll never know, I don't think, but he's definitely the most likely candidate in my book. One of the only candidates, really.

He made the thumbnail for the video, I assume, so why did he put a ? over Banjo while putting an X on everyone else?
He just did that to give himself some elbow room since almost everyone at the time knew Banjo & Kazooie wasn't out of the race and were strong candidates to get in as DLC.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Where does Level 5 fit into this if I may ask?
It's simple. Level 5 has very close ties to Nintendo, and the creators of Layton expressed interest in Smash in the official artbooks and interviews. With both Activision and Koei Tecmo out of the Fighter Pass, Bandai Namco and Level 5 are by far the most likely contenders for the end of the Fighter Pass.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It's simple. Level 5 has very close ties to Nintendo, and the creators of Layton expressed interest in Smash in the official artbooks and interviews. With both Activision and Koei Tecmo out of the Fighter Pass, Bandai Namco and Level 5 are by far the most likely contenders for the end of the Fighter Pass.
But that still doesn't mean a Bandai-Namco rep or a Level 5 rep are locks. Likely? Yes, but not locks.

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Regardless of leaks or not, last year Direct was pretty bad.

"It's time for the last announcement for Smash Bros Ultimate. Time to end this news cycle of giving great announcement and making dreams coming true with an obligation to the Pokemon Company & crushing more dreams with a wet fart of a Direct. Here's a whole system that you're not going to pay attention to and just going to let the game pick for you what to use since that's more efficient, rewards from these battle are basically meaningless. Here's some characters that you'll never get to play as in Smash Bros ever. Here's an ugly Rex Mii Costume so you can totally feel like you're playing as. This game can't be called Smash Bros Ultimate without Piranha Plant inclusion. And here's the only cutscene worth anything from World of Light, get your expectations up thinking you'll get something cool."

Smash Bros Ultimate felt like it went downhill hard after that Direct and only picked up after showing Joker. But then that picked it up in a different direction of "we'll only getting third party characters that can literally be anybody so there's no reason to hope for any particular character and that Smash Ballot is going to be an after thought on which character was chosen." Guarantee that whoever the fifth fighter is they're going to be on the same level as Joker & Terry, not requested at all and you never thought that character would happen (bonus points if it's from a series that Sakurai really loves like Persona 5, Dragon Quest, and Fatal Fury/King of Fighters)

D

Deleted member

He just did that to give himself some elbow room since almost everyone at the time knew Banjo & Kazooie wasn't out of the race and were strong candidates to get in as DLC.
Maybe. That combined with how accurate the Ken artwork in the Grinch Leak was compared with the one that made it into the real banner just really raises my eyebrows. This guy claimed to work for Nintendo at one point, too.

Hell, maybe I'm being trolled still. Definitely the mark of a good troll, to troll someone without even trying.

MattX20

Smash Hero
But that still doesn't mean a Bandai-Namco rep or a Level 5 rep are locks. Likely? Yes, but not locks.
I never said they were locks, I just said they were the most likely candidates going forward from the news we've recieved

Firox

Smash Master
That makes me wonder, is there more hatred than love in the world, especially as far as fanbases go?
Well, I've always been of the following belief:

A) The internet demonstrates peoples' true nature because anonymity shields them from social recourse. That said, a huge portion of the internet is flooded with trolls and people spewing irrational hatred for virtually anything you can imagine. Which leads me to my next conclusion...

B) Human nature is inherently selfish and apathetic, hence we more often than not only care about things that benefit or pertain to ourselves. It's scientifically proven that most people feel at least a tiny amount of joy when they see someone besides themselves get screwed over at something, so you could say that sadism is in our nature as well. Not to say we can't or shouldn't fight these impulses, but the sad truth is that humans are pretty miserable creatures in general. That's why it's so important that we as individuals strive to turn the status quo.

C) Hate and love are not binary, but rather on a spectrum. Too much of either can be unhealthy. For example, the far extreme of love is blind adoration that refuses to see or address issues that can or should be corrected. No matter how crappy something is, an extreme love will delude itself into thinking that that same thing is perfect. On the opposite end of the spectrum we have pure hatred, which of course will despise anything and everything without need for logic or reason. It's an utterly destructive force that serves only the purpose of bringing pain and misery to everything around it. That said, our PERCEPTION of this spectrum can be skewed by our own bias, which brings me to my last point....

D) "Hate" can be genuine, but it can also be a misdiagnosis for criticism or disagreement which is NOT necessarily unwarranted. Some things deserve "hate" in the sense that a bad choice or behavior needs correction, but often times people only see the negative aspect of criticism. Case in point, Smash Ultimate is an EXCELLENT game in so many ways, but it is in no way flawless. Some of the flaws (like the online play/modes) are objective and easy for the fanbase to agree on while others (like the roster picks, mechanics, etc.) are totally subjective and are very debatable depending on a person's personal preferences. Unfortunately, as long as there is free will and differing views, you will always have some degree of love and hate in the world. The upside of this is that conflict and disagreements are how we learn and grow, being forced to see something from a different angle (maybe even learn that on rare occasion, we can actually be wrong).

In short, we should try to discourage things like spite and maliciousness, but accept that others are free to NOT like something as much as we might LIKE it. Or in other words, people are free to think that a given character's chances of getting in are bad, but let's please not be a bunch of bitter ***** to each other if we're proven right.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Maybe. That combined with how accurate the Ken artwork in the Grinch Leak was compared with the one that made it into the real banner just really raises my eyebrows. This guy claimed to work for Nintendo at one point, too.

Hell, maybe I'm being trolled still. Definitely the mark of a good troll, to troll someone without even trying.
Lol! Imagine Nintendo allowing that guy to work for them, he would leak everything his eyes got in contect with lmao! :joyful:

I never said they were locks, I just said they were the most likely candidates going forward from the news we've recieved
I know, it's just if you spread the word often, a lot of people might assume they're locks without a doubt.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord

Also female Terry plz.
OMG for the LOVE OF GOD ANI IS BACK?!

Both you and my Lucas-pfp-weilding friendo have stopped by during the end of the FP speculation cycle...I think it's a sign! o.o

Also, not to be a jerk to you first coming back, but we have to have Mark of the Wolves/Wild Wolf Terry over female Terry.

I say this because, if we want to properly represent Terry (and we ALL know Sakurai does), if he were to have an alternate it would be MotW outfit. I mean, it's the first time he has Buster Wolf in his moveset, it represents an important point in the lore of the Fatal Fury/KoF universe, and both costumes are popular even if regular Terry is more iconic. Female Terry just feels like a weird fanfiction excuse to include the face of SNK in their all-female fighting game.

Also, female Terry kinda already existed with Blue Mary, and I think there may be another character in KoF14 that is to Terry as Sakurai is to Ryu. Don't quote me on that though.

Regardless, good to see you back friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom