• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
What I wonder is this: What do y'all plan on doing if Geno doesn't make it?

I think I will focus on seeing if Nintendo or Square would be willing to work on a new Mario RPG, personally, one with Geno actually involved in some way. Considering how well they're getting on again, with Square even willing to make exclusives for them, I could see it happen. I also feel like fan projects would be a great way to keep Geno (and better yet, Mallow, as well!) alive.

I think he's likely to make it this time, but just in case he doesn't, I'm brainstorming what kinda stuff might happen afterward. I'm still very satisfied with Ultimate itself, given I got 3/4 of my most wanteds, of course... but I hope Geno comes back somehow, some way. :drflip:
Mostly I'd cry.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord

I think I will focus on seeing if Nintendo or Square would be willing to work on a new Mario RPG, personally, one with Geno actually involved in some way. Considering how well they're getting on again, with Square even willing to make exclusives for them, I could see it happen. I also feel like fan projects would be a great way to keep Geno (and better yet, Mallow, as well!) alive.

I think he's likely to make it this time, but just in case he doesn't, I'm brainstorming what kinda stuff might happen afterward. I'm still very satisfied with Ultimate itself, given I got 3/4 of my most wanteds, of course... but I hope Geno comes back somehow, some way. :drflip:
Wait for someone to invent a time machine to be able to travel to a timeline where Geno is playable

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I'll be trapped with this stupid profile pic for all eternity.

In all seriousness probably just play some vidya and try and put this all behind me, until the next one is on the horizon so I can get hurt all over again :)

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion

Same thing I did when Isaac was deconfirmed: I'd be disappointed for a bit, then I'd move on to posting in some other character's thread. Such is the fate of someone who's already gotten all they've wanted.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Also, all the Geno haters would say "I told you so" and the Geno supporters will probably be the laughing stock of the Smash community so... there's that.
Yeah I dread this more than missing out on geno, probably gonna have to lie low for a bit, on site and off. Good thing this thread likely won't disappear so I'll have somewhere to hide while it all blows over for the rest of the cycle.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings

For me, I just give up on wanting Geno. If Geno doesn't make it in then I think it's clear that they just don't want him.
He didn't make it in Brawl, Smash 4 base roster, Smash 4 DLC, Ultimate base roster, and Fighters Pass. This next wave of DLC is his sixth chance, if he doesn't make then I doubt the seventh time is the charm.

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608

Well...If Geno doesn’t make it in I’ll simply move on to my other list of characters to support, but honestly I believe this thread will have a meltdown if he doesn’t make it in.

Last edited:

Latyon

Smash Cadet

I'd be sad, but Ultimate has still been very kind to me. I got my second and third most wanted (Banjo, Ridley) and a huge game that has been pretty much all I ever dreamed of and more.

I'll never stop wishing. Someday that shooting star will bring my Starboi home.

I'd be disappointed for sure, but I don't think I'd be mad. There really isn't anyone else left that I am intensely dedicated to, so if the dream dies...well, I still came out like a bandit.

And I guess maybe I'd hop on the Dixie Kong train or something like that.

Or half-ironically onto the Untitled Goose train.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Remember what a certain mutant said in another fighting game "Dreams don't die" so don't lose hope yet, this is his definitive chance

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hey guys, off topic, but Halloween related; in my last two years of trick or treating, In each of those two years, I had collected over 240 pieces of candy! Or was it 256? Either, that's a lot, wouldn't you say?

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Oh would you just ask Wynn out already? Tell them how you really feel.
Oh I, and many others, have already told him how we feel.

Wow you really have nothing better to do then to track down what I said a couple of pages ago? That's just sad.

But yeah, really hypocritical of me telling people not to bug an insider like Fatman for more info when it's clear they don't they don't want to go in depth with it. Especially with all that time I never ask for leaked stuff. Very hypocritical.
Look dude, I don't want to keep going after you, but when I catch up on these last few pages (since I've been busy) to find you saying ANOTHER comment about Piranha Plant (the "not another one" or something like that comment) and telling people to let it go, I have issues.

I was calling you out because you're telling the guy to let that thing go when you don't let things go a lot it seems. I don't think I, and others in this thread, need to show how you don't let things go. Clearly most of the members of the thread don't like the behavior of constantly beating a dead horse, so I'm gonna keep calling it like I see it. We're all sick of it, I'm just one of the people who will actually call you out directly.

Last edited:

Musubi

Smash Apprentice
If Geno doesn't make it, then I'll keep being involved in Geno speculation and pushing for him in Smash. I know people have said this before but, I've waited this long so I can keep waiting until he gets in. There's been a lot of great progress since before Smash 4. We've gotten Sakurai to acknowledge that there is a demand for him as a character, and most of the people who speculate about Smash online know who Geno is. Some may disagree with this, but I think that eventually, Nintendo will look at possible new characters to include and Geno will just make the most sense, especially because Nintendo is listening to fans more than I think they ever have. Also, the inclusion of Ridley and K. Rool give me hope that as long as the fan base is persistent, then I think Geno will eventually make it.

D

Deleted member

If Geno doesn't make it in this time, I'm gonna just give up on it. The younger generation will have to take up the mantle, if they care.

However if Mallow makes it in as a playable fighter and not Geno, I already told a friend I'm going to eat my copy of the game.

Also, did someone find something about the Smash DLC webpage I overlooked? I saw a lot of people posting about the character slots being added when I was pretty certain that's not the case.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
If Geno doesn't make it in this time, I'm gonna just give up on it. The younger generation will have to take up the mantle, if they care.

However if Mallow makes it in as a playable fighter and not Geno, I already told a friend I'm going to eat my copy of the game.

Also, did someone find something about the Smash DLC webpage I overlooked? I saw a lot of people posting about the character slots being added when I was pretty certain that's not the case.
I don't think a SNES cartridge is very delicious ...

ZelDan

Smash Master
If Geno doesn't make it in I'm going to have no choice but to furiously write up some letters to Nintendo and Square Enix where I berate them and throw such awful, heinous insults such as "lint-licker" and "fart-knocker" and maybe, if I'm mad enough, "poopyhead" at them.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
If Geno doesn't make it in I'm going to have no choice but to furiously write up some letters to Nintendo and Square Enix where I berate them and throw such awful, heinous insults such as "lint-licker" and "fart-knocker" and maybe, if I'm mad enough, "poopyhead" at them.
You wouldn't really do such a thing, would you? (You can still be mad, though)

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Not lint-licker! ANYTHING BUT LINT-LICKER!

(But seriously, even though I know my mans here is joking, please no one actually do something like this, I swear to god)

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman

I'd be pretty dissapointed. Geno is the only character I've really wanted so I would be sad if he didn't make the cut

However though, even if he doesn't make it, I'll eventually move on. When the Grinch Leak was debunked, I definitely was bummed like most people and I truly thought Geno's chances were dead for a bit before I heard about Sabi's rumors and some of the encouraging points in this thread. But not long after my initial dissapointment with the direct, I ended up being excited for the stuff Ultimate had regardless and I still ended up loving the game even without my favorite puppet. I'm sure it'll be the same if Geno doesn't make DLC. Sakurai and his team are talented devs and especially in Ultimate case, every newcomer feels crafted with a ton of love and care going into each of them and because of that, I'll still look forward to whatever character they put out even if my most wanted can't make it

I also will continue to hope for more Mario RPG stuff from Square and Nintendo. Smash isn't the only way for Geno and that game to be revived, so I'll still cross my fingers that maybe Geno can come back officially through other means

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It's understandable, what we least need is a chaos of letters to Nintendo insulting them and things like that just because our favorite character din´t make it
Yeah, I agree. It's not like nothing wrong won't happen with all those insults and stuff would happen and be sent to Nintendo and Square, if I am saying it correctly.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Oh I, and many others, have already told him how we feel.

Look dude, I don't want to keep going after you, but when I catch up on these last few pages (since I've been busy) to find you saying ANOTHER comment about Piranha Plant (the "not another one" or something like that comment) and telling people to let it go, I have issues.

I was calling you out because you're telling the guy to let that thing go when you don't let things go a lot it seems. I don't think I, and others in this thread, need to show how you don't let things go. Clearly most of the members of the thread don't like the behavior of constantly beating a dead horse, so I'm gonna keep calling it like I see it. We're all sick of it, I'm just one of the people who will actually call you out directly.
You do know that there's a big difference between not liking something and pestering a person for more leaks? One being "this is my opinion, I'm allowed to continue not liking it and still be over it," and saying "tell us what you heard. Don't care you don't want to say, spill it anyways because we have no patients whatsoever."

I am so sorry that you have a problem with me not liking Piranha Plant so much, but get over it. I will continue not liking that character. I already accepted that it's in and all my favorites are dead, doesn't mean I have be okay with it or like it though. Getting over something doesn't mean suppressing your own opinion and stop being true to yourself. Now how about you get your obsession with me over with, or do you have compulsion get your precious "likes" from people by arguing with me just so you can validate your own opinion?

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Yeah, I agree. It's not like nothing wrong won't happen with all those insults and stuff would happen and be sent to Nintendo and Square, if I am saying it correctly.
If it is a person or two like what happened with the Waluigi controversy some time ago then I do not think they are taken into account but if it is an angry mob with hateful messages then with more reason Nintendo would never want to touch the SMRPG ip not even with a stick

Grumbo

Smash Ace

I’d be really bummed out tbh. I havent been in the speculation scene as long as a lot of you guys but ive grown attached to the little guy. He really feels like the one missing piece (except isaac :( ). If he doesnt make it im not sure if id hang around the smash scene as much. Id probably support Crono since he’s my #5 but #2 Square character.

Im not really stressing over it tbh. It really feels like a case of WHEN rather than IF at this point, though maybe im over confident
Want me to spell it out for you? YOURE A POOPY HEAD

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
If it is a person or two like what happened with the Waluigi controversy some time ago then I do not think they are taken into account but if it is an angry mob with hateful messages then with more reason Nintendo would never want to touch the SMRPG ip not even with a stick
Yeah, they'd pretty much ruin our chances of getting what we want from if there was a mob that was so foolish enough to do such a thing. And if Geno isn't in as DLC, if the mob thing happened, maybe he won't get in a Smash game at all! That's the last thing we need, right?

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Yeah, they'd pretty much ruin our chances of getting what we want from if there was a mob that was so foolish enough to do such a thing. And if Geno isn't in as DLC, if the mob thing happened, maybe he won't get in a Smash game at all! That's the last thing we need, right?
Exactly

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
I know this would be impossible, but could we make some kind of movement to rid the smash community of negativity and so much hate?

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I probably have one more game cycle after this left in me but after that I'll probably have to duck out because by then there'll be too many actually important things to take care of and worry about in my life if things manage to keep going how they are. I'll probably cheer on from the sidelines though, once a genobro always a genobro.

lucky for us though geno is in already

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I know this would be impossible, but could we make some kind of movement to rid the smash community of negativity and so much hate?
If only more people thought like you... but alas, I think the hate is too insurmountable. Toxicity flows everywhere in larger fan bases like Smash's. There's not much you can do but encourage positivity and be a beacon of it yourself.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
If only more people thought like you... but alas, I think the hate is too insurmountable. Toxicity flows everywhere in larger fan bases like Smash's. There's not much you can do but encourage positivity and be a beacon of it yourself.
That makes me wonder, is there more hatred than love in the world, especially as far as fanbases go?

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master

Move on with my life and support other characters I like. I like too many video game characters and franchises to get bent out of shape over one not appearing, so it'll mostly just be closing the book on Geno support forever. I'm pretty sure Ultimate is his last chance to get in at this point. It's now or never for Geno, and if he doesn't get in, I'm just not going to see a point to supporting him anymore. If Ultimate somehow gets topped with yet another "Everyone is Here!" he could be back on the table, but when cuts start happening and the game goes through more evolution in the future, he's just not going to ever be enough of a priority to happen in a more limited roster. Especially when he may have to fight against Cloud and Hero yet again just to return, and I can't in good conscience pick him over those characters despite my own bias for him.

Sure, a Super Mario RPG 2 would be cool, especially now since we could use some proper Mario RPG goodness in our lives (I guess we've still got the Rabbids crossover lol) and I'd be happy supporting that sort of thing, but my focus has always been Geno in Smash. So I think I'll just be less engaged with Geno as a character at the point his Smash chances are officially shot.

Oh, and I'd get Legacy XP up and running so I can play the fan made Geno lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom