• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Garou is often regarded as the best fighter they ever made. If hatless Terry doesn't make it in then I'll eat mine.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I wish they would update the challenge wall, that way they could reference the Ken and Terry opener from cvs since the reveal trailer let me down.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Not everyone likes it but Sabi did bring up a good point yesterday. Thanks to people like VRplant, we now usually know when Directs or presentations are coming with strong confidence usually about 4-5 days beforehand. That said, look out for an "Incoming" announcement Saturday or Sunday if Terry's coming this week.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
Not everyone likes it but Sabi did bring up a good point yesterday. Thanks to people like VRplant, we now usually know when Directs or presentations are coming with strong confidence usually about 4-5 days beforehand. That said, look out for an "Incoming" announcement Saturday or Sunday if Terry's coming this week.
Looks like the wait for Terry is almost over, and possibly the wait for the reveal of #5. We'll keep an eye out for an official announcement from Nintendo.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I still believe that this beautiful individual is the mastermind behind the Grinch leak.
In complete agreement. The chad Ganondorf post sounded waaaay too much like the way he speaks in his videos.

Ovaltine Ovaltine of course he’s too dumb to have done it on his own. The truth is, he probably had lots if outside help (even from Eric Bricard himselt, potentially)

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Why would not everyone like Sabi's point? Is it because they favor surprises more?

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Did they seriously named Ryu & Ken after the shoryuken. The Sho-Ryu-Ken!

QQS

Smash Lord
I would love to see the reveal of Geno with Let’s Play Geno and Geno Awakens in the video. Probably not exactly like the original game cause maybe they would want to “Smash” the arena and add another characters like Kirby or Rosalina; or let us surprise somehow not guessing at 1 second. Main co-protagonist of the video should be Mario. And after the Splash Art, like for example in Banjo they started his “In Ring Moves” with Spiral Mountain with him making some taunts, running, punching and throwing eggs with Kazooie; I would love to see first his reveal of moveset + Geno’s original gameplay with a remix of powerful “Hello Happy Kingdom” to begin after the Splash-Screen and/or Forest Maze. But Hello Happy Kingdom could be amazing also.

After that, if they close his reveal with an animation of him ascending to the sky with “Goodbye Geno” I would completely cry over myself. Also reunited with all the Mario RPG gang.

c’mon guys:
-No Mii costume yet
-the copyrighted songs (same as Megalovania)
-”adding more characters to SATISFY the fans”
-old school tendency in the game
-Mario RPG was in WiiU virtual console; of course Geno is coming adding his game to the Switch Library.
-Almost 24 years of Geno
-Sakurai wanting him since 2006.
-More DLC confirmed; Geno being in the higher place always.
-What a better moment to call this Ultímate, adding Geno, Banjo, KKR and Ridley. The big four at once.

Im not asking anything ever again. My most wanted characters would be already in (Mega Man & Geno). But if they one day decide to put Skull Kid, I would cry again. But I have to admit that I’m done with Geno and he is the solid pick to satisfy decades of demands and to raise the game even more.

If he isn’t shown up in Terry’s video, it isn’t lost, he can be on the next wave also. But I hope that he is revealed soon.

It will be the end of an era for us.

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
I would love to see the reveal of Geno with Let’s Play Geno and Geno Awakens in the video. Probably not exactly like the original game cause maybe they would want to “Smash” the arena and add another characters like Kirby or Rosalina; or let us surprise somehow not guessing at 1 second. Main co-protagonist of the video should be Mario. And after the Splash Art, like for example in Banjo they started his “In Ring Moves” with Spiral Mountain with him making some taunts, running, punching and throwing eggs with Kazooie; I would love to see first his reveal of moveset + Geno’s original gameplay with a remix of powerful “Hello Happy Kingdom” to begin after the Splash-Screen and/or Forest Maze. But Hello Happy Kingdom could be amazing also.

After that, if they close his reveal with an animation of him ascending to the sky with “Goodbye Geno” I would completely cry over myself. Also reunited with all the Mario RPG gang.

c’mon guys:
-No Mii costume yet
-the copyrighted songs (same as Megalovania)
-”adding more characters to SATISFY the fans”
-old school tendency in the game
-Mario RPG was in WiiU virtual console; of course Geno is coming adding his game to the Switch Library.
-Almost 24 years of Geno
-Sakurai wanting him since 2006.
-More DLC confirmed; Geno being in the higher place always.
-What a better moment to call this Ultímate, adding Geno, Banjo, KKR and Ridley. The big four at once.

Im not asking anything ever again. My most wanted characters would be already in (Mega Man & Geno). But if they one day decide to put Skull Kid, I would cry again. But I have to admit that I’m done with Geno and he is the solid pick to satisfy decades of demands and to raise the game even more.

If he isn’t shown up in Terry’s video, it isn’t lost, he can be on the next wave also. But I hope that he is revealed soon.

It will be the end of an era for us.
Actually I have been seeing a lot of people using the copywriter songs as proof Geno is in but they are not. The channel that uploaded the track 31HorasMusic uploaded several tracks from Super Smash Bros Ultimate before release obtaining them via the datamine and Nintendo essentially took down the entire channel so Megalovania and most likely several other songs were not copywriter by Nintendo due to Smash. Even then they wouldn't strike a song which isn't even the exact same remix

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
ANI!!! I'm SO happy to see you around again! How have you been, buddy?! Hopefully getting better and looking to a brighter future! I've missed seeing you around, chica! :drflip:
Well I've been doing a lot better. Recently graduated from college so spent the past several months reajusting to real life. Also some drama with a new job happened that went on for several months but it's all good now. I also was finally able to see my fave musical on Broadway so that was pretty sick.

Should have tagged forsaken's post for context, my b
You mean Street Fighter Alpha Ken
View attachment 244279

I'm getting vibes of that meme where multiple Spidermen are pointing at each other from these pics.

1572629404031.png

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
To be fair, I don’t think anyone correctly named when the Joker video was about to drop, or even say when it was coming up, did they? I just remembered it dropping out of the blue. If so, I think it’s possible we might get Terry out of nowhere if he drops outside of a Direct.

OffBi

Smash Ace
Off-topic/spam
-images removed to be on the safe side-
2nd evolutions

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

So, I'm probably not alone in feeling like Paper Mario (N64) is the true successor to Legend of the Seven Stars - I mean, aside from it being announced/teased under the name Mario RPG 2, there was something about the humorous writing, the gameplay, and the scenario in general that felt like a real sequel, with the obvious tragedy that it was missing Geno (and Mallow I guess if I have to put in a good word for him), but something that I sort of subconsciously noticed and never really paid any attention to just came back to my mind last night:

Merlon.png
SMRPG_Shaman.png

Wtf is Nintendo doing with their lives that they kept the right to use this particular NPC but not any of the characters people actually gave a damn about?

MisterMike

Smash Champion
So, I'm probably not alone in feeling like Paper Mario (N64) is the true successor to Legend of the Seven Stars - I mean, aside from it being announced/teased under the name Mario RPG 2, there was something about the humorous writing, the gameplay, and the scenario in general that felt like a real sequel, with the obvious tragedy that it was missing Geno (and Mallow I guess if I have to put in a good word for him), but something that I sort of subconsciously noticed and never really paid any attention to just came back to my mind last night:

View attachment 244298 View attachment 244299

Wtf is Nintendo doing with their lives that they kept the right to use this particular NPC but not any of the characters people actually gave a damn about?
Well, the design is rather generic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom