• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I am

"ehm.. what" gif here.
I think that dataminer’s screenname had an underscore in it, I forgot his exact name but I feel like he had an underscore at the start of his username

And when he got collectively cancelled he nuked his account

If he was the one who tweeted the 16 WoL slots thing it would explain why the tweet is no longer viewable since the account is deleted

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Found the original quote from Nintendo soup.

"one of the files for WoL has 16 dummy slots, with one of them being used for plant."

— Mizumi Pax East (@_Mizumi) March 12, 2019

Edit: Found the paste bin link, or at least I think I have. https://pastebin.com/N258YCAz

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Found the original quote from Nintendo soup. However the picture with it is most likely lost in time.

one of the files for WoL has 16 dummy slots, with one of them being used for plant.

— Mizumi Pax East (@_Mizumi) March 12, 2019
>_Mizumi

OH MY GOD IT IS HIM, THAT CREEP WHO GOT CANCELLED

again it doesn’t take away the legitimacy of it and he only said “one of the files” but... 1. We’ll never know what else was there and 2. Considering what he did I’d rather not hear it from him

(WiFi died so if this is a double post I apologize)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
In any case, it is real, that's enough to know about.

I will say, we definitely are in a different environment from 4. Back then, extra slots wouldn't mean much. But now, with the time and budget-cutting measures taken and only working on a single game (as opposed to 2 versions), on a console that's much healthier market-wise than the Wii U, all of those have helped towards getting to the DLC phase sooner. Anything could happen at this stage.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Another 4chan leak with Geno just popped up and everything seems reasonable

"
English not my native language, forgive me for problems with wording

Slayer coming late December, UAC Mars is stage, 9 songs, extra costume original Doom

Mii costume return of Samurai outfit and more at later time

Echo fighter three pack in May

Free Possessed costume for every fighter (dark version) - October

Banjo release with next three amiibo, boss mode added grunty is boss too, rhyming is back

Porky and Rayquaza return but in new places

Last character Crash, bonus character Geno (no stage, 2 extra music) "

I wouldn't recommend browsing 4chan though FWIW
I really don't know why people browse 4chan for leaks.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I believe that was the rumor from early-July about Hero's video. It turned out that rumor was false and even Sabi herself dismissed it IIRC.

Although maybe Fatman can clarify the situation here if I'm missing anything.
It was speculation on the Source's part. He was just making side commentary about the Nintendo fanbase. I mistook it as an actual hint of things to come. Kind of surprised people are still talking about it because it's been clarified a couple of times now by not only myself but multiple people.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It was speculation on the Source's part. He was just making side commentary about the Nintendo fanbase. I mistook it as an actual hint of things to come. Kind of surprised people are still talking about it because it's been clarified a couple of times now by not only myself but multiple people.
So, worrying for nothing based on only an opinion? Figures.

Nobody plays the telephone game like the Smash fanbase does.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Just restarted SMRPG on my Wii (we never get the game until the VC here in Sweden) and it's still as fantastic as I remember

Firox

Smash Master
Kind of surprised people are still talking about it because it's been clarified a couple of times now by not only myself but multiple people.
You're selling yourself short, dude. Don't underestimate how much people dissect every word you say for clues and speculation. In forums like these, you're like that wizard guy from Ready Player One and we're the horde of gamers trying to solve the cryptic puzzles you leave behind. lol And to be fair, I think the vast majority of our leads have come through you anyway. It adds excitement to what can often times be a stagnant topic.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I finally finished World of Light yesterday and got the true ending on my first try, it was a great run through and I thoroughly enjoyed it, plus I ended up getting the only Castlevania track I was missing, so there’s that. :grin:

Firox

Smash Master
I finally finished World of Light yesterday and got the true ending on my first try, it was a great run through and I thoroughly enjoyed it, plus I ended up getting the only Castlevania track I was missing, so there’s that. :grin:
Did you casually chip away at WoL over the last few months or did you grind your face off to beat it in a day or so like I did? LOL You should have seen my face the first time I finished it. I didn't realize that there was a "true" ending and just plowed through Darkon like a hot knife through butter. "Ah, done at last..." (Galeem incinerates the universe again) "Wait, wha? But...but I won! This is like Radiant Dawn all over again!"

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Did you casually chip away at WoL over the last few months or did you grind your face off to beat it in a day or so like I did? LOL You should have seen my face the first time I finished it. I didn't realize that there was a "true" ending and just plowed through Darkon like a hot knife through butter. "Ah, done at last..." (Galeem incinerates the universe again) "Wait, wha? But...but I won! This is like Radiant Dawn all over again!"
Nah, busy with college and played through it when I had time.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
That is what I had figured, but was not 100% certain. And bosses take up the 16 slots as well if memory serves, correct?

EDIT: @Glitch-EGamer could you provide a link of the 'leak'? I cannot seem to find it.
No. There's 29 IDs, and 16 WoL slots total. The WoL slots are ONLY for characters, full stop. They're specifically data meant to determine whether or not you've unlocked any DLC fighters to use in story mode. So far, obviously, only 3 of the 16 are used up (Plant/Joker/Hero). Of the 29 IDs, 7 are used up (Plant/Joker/Akira/3/4/8/11).

Ovaltine

Smash Master
No. There's 29 IDs, and 16 WoL slots total. The WoL slots are ONLY for characters, full stop. They're specifically data meant to determine whether or not you've unlocked any DLC fighters to use in story mode. So far, obviously, only 3 of the 16 are used up (Plant/Joker/Hero). Of the 29 IDs, 7 are used up (Plant/Joker/Akira/3/4/8/11).
No, that'd be 30 IDs. People just often said 29 because Plant took up one, so that means there are 23 IDs left open with 13 WoL slots remaining. If B-K gets a Dragon Kazooie alt, they'll probably take up no more than 2 IDs with the obvious 1 WoL slot, which leaves 21-22 IDs and 12 WoL slots.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
No, that'd be 30 IDs. People just often said 29 because Plant took up one, so that means there are 23 IDs left open with 13 WoL slots remaining. If B-K gets a Dragon Kazooie alt, they'll probably take up no more than 2 IDs with the obvious 1 WoL slot, which leaves 21-22 IDs and 12 WoL slots.
Are you absolutely sure about that? I'm fairly positive it was 29 from the beginning, and 30 was just the number people said because it was a rounder number. If you can get the source I might be wrong, but I'm almost positive it's always been 29.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Are you absolutely sure about that? I'm fairly positive it was 29 from the beginning, and 30 was just the number people said because it was a rounder number. If you can get the source I might be wrong, but I'm almost positive it's always been 29.
I'm pretty sure the source was a tweet from Mizumi, so I don't know if I can provide that. :( I'm positive it was 30, though, and people just said 29 because we already knew about Plant (as this was before Plant's release).

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I might get some flack for this, but I gotta share how I feel

If Geno does truly get in, it’s not just going to be fantastic for us getting a fan favorite of 20+ years in Smash

The reactions will be priceless. I would spend no time and go straight to the YouTubers who had lost all hope for Geno, and turn into screaming arm-flinging monkeys when they see he is truly back.

On the other side as well. Conspiritsy theories will be dead in the water. I’ll be making fun of everyone who believed it (sorry in advance). But if you fall for such a low tier fan rule then you kinda deserve it.

But especially, i’m going to love going to GameFAQS, 4chan, etc. and making topic after topic about how Geno is one of the best additions in Smash Ultimate. And very few of the former “detractors” will stand up to me, because they will know he’s in the game and they can’t do jack **** about it.

Just a pipe dream though. And i’m pretty much banking on the Starling leak rn. If it’s not Geno, then i’m just going to assume he’s not in and they removed his Mii Costume.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I'm pretty sure the source was a tweet from Mizumi, so I don't know if I can provide that. :( I'm positive it was 30, though, and people just said 29 because we already knew about Plant (as this was before Plant's release).
https://youtu.be/H3p4jvaWQE0 I found this, I guess it was 30.

EDIT: he says 30 in the video, but I just counted (like three times to make sure it was correct) and there's only 29 in the screenshot. So it was 29.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Good, the matter of the exact number is finally settled.

If Geno does truly get in, it’s not just going to be fantastic for us getting a fan favorite of 20+ years in Smash

The reactions will be priceless. I would spend no time and go straight to the YouTubers who had lost all hope for Geno, and turn into screaming arm-flinging monkeys when they see he is truly back.

On the other side as well. Conspiritsy theories will be dead in the water. I’ll be making fun of everyone who believed it (sorry in advance). But if you fall for such a low tier fan rule then you kinda deserve it.

But especially, i’m going to love going to GameFAQS, 4chan, etc. and making topic after topic about how Geno is one of the best additions in Smash Ultimate. And very few of the former “detractors” will stand up to me, because they will know he’s in the game and they can’t do jack **** about it.

Just a pipe dream though. And i’m pretty much banking on the Starling leak rn. If it’s not Geno, then i’m just going to assume he’s not in and they removed his Mii Costume.
If the miracle happens and you go to 4Chan, do make sure to stop by /m/ to cheer with them, since Geno's basically a super robot made out of wood.

You spelled Off The Hook wrong. :troll:

if Octolings become playable I fully expect a Marina alt tbh
In all seriousness, I'd be amazed if they even manage to get in as an AT. Lord knows when Splatoon 3 will happen.

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
Whoever that 4chan poster is with the crash, doom, and geno confirmed ****posting is really dedicated. I've seen like 10 threads with those exact same three characters. Whomever they are, they're REALLY dedicated to try and make me sad again. Not falling for it. I firmly believe Crash won't be in which is why I heavily doubt those posts, Doomguy is obviously going to be in, I just can't see Crash getting in.

If by some small slimmer of a chance Crash does get in, do we freak out? There hasn't been a single hint to indiciate Crash would be in at all.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Whoever that 4chan poster is with the crash, doom, and geno confirmed ****posting is really dedicated. I've seen like 10 threads with those exact same three characters. Whomever they are, they're REALLY dedicated to try and make me sad again. Not falling for it. I firmly believe Crash won't be in which is why I heavily doubt those posts, Doomguy is obviously going to be in, I just can't see Crash getting in.

If by some small slimmer he does get in, do we freak out? There hasn't been a single hint to indiciate Crash would be in at all.
Tbf I haven’t seen any solid hints for Doom Slayer either. Just Bethesda’s “Oh yeah” when asked about Smash, which to me seems like a deconfirm as it would otherwise break NDA, and then Sakurai praising Doom as the grandfather of FPS. He ALSO praised Half Life so... I don’t really read much into it

T2by4

Smash Lord

Gamefaqs and reddit deserve all the blacklash coming their way. 4chan deserves it too, just not as much as the other two. I've noticed that 4chan out of all places seems to actually like Geno. It might just be my observation, but I've noticed 4chan is a lot more down for Geno being in, when compared to nearly every other site.

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline

If by some small slimmer of a chance Crash does get in, do we freak out? There hasn't been a single hint to indiciate Crash would be in at all.
I'd say we don't start panicking until it's crash and doomguy

wynn728

Banned via Warnings

You need to stop reading 4chan leaks.

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
Crash & Rayman with a Geno bonus would be my perfect ending

Crash & Doomguy with a Geno bonus is still goddamn fantastic

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Having sora be a mii costume for Geno's reveal would be the greatest thing ever. Please sakurai, please do this. Sora fans deserve this fate.
I thought you were better than that dude. I don't wish that fate on any fanbase.

Did they specify Smash direct or normal Direct? Because if it's a normal Direct it's probably Sword & Shield news.
I think they just said the next Direct which, they didn't say if it would be a Smash one or not.

While re-watching the part of the 11.1.18 Smash Direct where they reveal Piranha Plant, I noticed that there were a lot more instances that seemed like references to Super Mario RPG (mostly all revolving around Land's End and the encounter against Mega Smilax). Not only is Mega Smilax mentioned in Palutena's guidance for Piranha Plant (specifically mentioned by Viridi), but in addition, in minute 34:40, a tiny Olimar walks up to a Giant Piranha Plant (which could be seen as heading up to the Mega Smilax fight, and Olimar along with three Pikmins can be seen as a party). In minute 34:50, Villager is watering Piranha Plant, and immediately grows in size (another potential reference to the flying Shy Guys that water the plants in Land's End, and the one that waters the one turning into Mega Smilax).
Holy **** dude! I never notice this until you mentioned it.
Another 4chan leak with Geno just popped up and everything seems reasonable

"
English not my native language, forgive me for problems with wording

Slayer coming late December, UAC Mars is stage, 9 songs, extra costume original Doom

Mii costume return of Samurai outfit and more at later time

Echo fighter three pack in May

Free Possessed costume for every fighter (dark version) - October

Banjo release with next three amiibo, boss mode added grunty is boss too, rhyming is back

Porky and Rayquaza return but in new places

Last character Crash, bonus character Geno (no stage, 2 extra music) "

I wouldn't recommend browsing 4chan though FWIW
It sounds a little far fetched too me. But hey, it's 4chan so what do you expect.

I will literally create a GameFaqs account just to rub Geno or Shantae's inclusion in the haters faces. Their salt for their inclusions would be the most delicious.

Gamefaqs and reddit deserve all the blacklash coming their way. 4chan deserves it too, just not as much as the other two. I've noticed that 4chan out of all places seems to actually like Geno. It might just be my observation, but I've noticed 4chan is a lot more down for Geno being in, when compared to nearly every other site.
4chan is a lot worse than GameFaqs or Reddit even if they hate Geno less than the former two like you said.

ZelDan

Smash Master
We already have

"obviously"

I wouldn't be THAT confident about Doom Slayer, or any character at this point, making it in. I don't recall anything BIG pointing towards Doom Slayer either.. Sakurai has talked and shown interest in alot of games/IPs, just as much as a crapload of devs have shown interest in seeing their character be in Smash. doesn't always mean something.

Doom Slayer could make it in, don't get me wrong, I just think it's going a bit far to consider him a guarantee or lock.

ZelDan

Smash Master

"Doomguy is obviously going to be in"

I wouldn't be THAT confident about Doom Slayer, or any character at this point, making it in. I don't recall anything BIG pointing towards Doom Slayer either.. Sakurai has talked and shown interest in alot of games/IPs, just as much as a crapload of devs have shown interest in seeing their character be in Smash. doesn't always mean something.

Doom Slayer could make it in, don't get me wrong, I just think it's going a bit far to consider him a guarantee or lock.

EDIT: whoops, double posted. My bad.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Tbf I haven’t seen any solid hints for Doom Slayer either. Just Bethesda’s “Oh yeah” when asked about Smash, which to me seems like a deconfirm as it would otherwise break NDA, and then Sakurai praising Doom as the grandfather of FPS. He ALSO praised Half Life so... I don’t really read much into it
Doom Slayer has been claimed every time a fighter pass 'leak' comes up while the other characters keep changing.

Lead up to FP1: 'It will be character A, B, C, D and Doom Guy.'

Lead up to FP2: 'Characters X, Y, Z and Doom Guy.'

Lead up to FP3: 'Characters M, N, and Doom Guy.'

And now as we approach FP4, its -insert character- and Doom Guy. He's the constant between each 'leak.' Its almost like Vergeben and his Minecraft content claim: his other stuff is right but the Minecraft stuff keeps coming up despite not panning out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom