• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Some sections of 4Chan are less turdy than others. /m/ is quieter than Gamefaqs on a good day. /v/ and /pol/ though? Avoid them at all costs.

Whoever that 4chan poster is with the crash, doom, and geno confirmed ****posting is really dedicated. I've seen like 10 threads with those exact same three characters. Whomever they are, they're REALLY dedicated to try and make me sad again. Not falling for it. I firmly believe Crash won't be in which is why I heavily doubt those posts, Doomguy is obviously going to be in, I just can't see Crash getting in.

If by some small slimmer of a chance Crash does get in, do we freak out? There hasn't been a single hint to indiciate Crash would be in at all.
I'd enjoy seeing his support thread having to eat crow for...specific reasons. But I don't really think Crash is going in that soon at this point. I'd rather that he gets accompanied by Spyro anyway, which is much likelier in Smash 6.

I wouldn't be THAT confident about Doom Slayer, or any character at this point, making it in. I don't recall anything BIG pointing towards Doom Slayer either.. Sakurai has talked and shown interest in alot of games/IPs, just as much as a crapload of devs have shown interest in seeing their character be in Smash. doesn't always mean something.
Yeah, that's why Sakurai had to stop tweeting about games he recently played -for both Smash 4 AND Ultimate-, people jump to conclusions a whole lot. It's like looking for a needle in a haystack.

The only reason Doom Slayer got clung on for so long was because the fake 5Chan leak from months ago claimed he'd be in.

You need to stop reading 4chan leaks.
I never actually thought I'd have to agree with you about something. I don't get why folks are so attracted to going to /v/ for clues like a moth to a flame. It's obvious that not every leak there will be a :ultpiranha: case. There are better places to look for clues.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'd enjoy seeing his support thread having to eat crow for...specific reasons. But I don't really think Crash is going in that soon at this point. I'd rather that he gets accompanied by Spyro anyway, which is much likelier in Smash 6.
I think Crash is a 50/50 chance of being in the Season Pass due to Banjo & Kazooie being in it. Crash was very popular in Japan and around the whole world in the late 90s and was basically Sony's gaming mascot at the time. So I think Crash is going to be a lot harder for Sakurai and the development team to ignore since Banjo & Kazooie are also platforming mascots from that same era.

link2702

Smash Champion
I honestly don’t want crash or spyro in smash tbh, but man would that be surreal.

We’d have gaming mascots who started in the 80s and late 70s including the original gaming icon with pacman, to japanese icons from dq and persona, to western icons from the 90s with banjo crash and/or spyro. Characters from once competing console makers sony*, sega, nintendo, and Microsoft, all together under one game that is basically a celebration of gaming as a whole at that point

*yes I realize Sony technically doesn’t own spyro or crash, but like mentioned by others, they were basically sony’s mascots in the 90s.

Last edited:

Rikarte

Smash Ace
I honestly doubt we're getting another western character. It's already a miracle to me that we got Banjo and that's a character that:
-Sakurai wanted since Melee
-has been heavily requested for years now
What's all this talk about Crash and Doomslayer anyway? I'm a little out of the loop, has there been a credible leak regarding these two?

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I honestly doubt we're getting another western Character. It's already a miracle to me that we got Banjo and that's a character that:
What's all this talk about Crash and Doomslayer anyway? I'm a little out of the loop, has there been a credible leak regarding these two?
There hasn't been a credible leak, no. People have just latched onto them as most likely characters, and as such, fake leaks have been mentioning them in spades along with Geno.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I honestly don’t want crash or spyro in smash tbh, but man would that be surreal.

We’d have gaming mascots who started in the 80s and late 70s including the original gaming icon with pacman, to japanese icons from dq and persona, to western icons from the 90s with banjo crash and/or spyro. Characters from once competing console makers sony*, sega, nintendo, and Microsoft, all together under one game that is basically a celebration of gaming as a whole at that point

*yes I realize Sony technically doesn’t own spyro or crash, but like mentioned by others, they were basically sony’s mascots in the 90s.
I don't care that much for Crash, but would be thrilled to see Spyro make it in even though obviously Crash is getting in first.

And yes, it would be quite the sight to see :ultmario:, :ultsonic:, :ultpacman:, :ultdk:, :ultlink:, :ultmegaman:, :ultryu:, :ultsnake:, :ultsimon:, :ultcloud:, :ultbanjokazooie:, :ulthero: Crash, Spyro, and Rayman all in the same game. Literally all the faces of the video game industry in the 80s and 90s.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I honestly doubt we're getting another western character. It's already a miracle to me that we got Banjo and that's a character that:
I think the only reason Banjo & Kazooie are even in Smash at all was due to Phil Spencer's blessing for the Banjo & Kazooie fanbase during the Smash Ballot. Otherwise, Microsoft probably wouldn't have corporate with Nintendo like they did to get him in. Phil literally doesn't get enough credit for what he has done for the Banjo-Kazooie fanbase.

Imagine how hard it would be to get the rights to put another western character from a company that would be hard to corporate with.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I think the only reason Banjo & Kazooie are even in Smash at all was due to Phil Spencer's blessing for the Banjo & Kazooie fanbase during the Smash Ballot. Otherwise, Microsoft probably wouldn't have corporate with Nintendo like they did to get him in. Phil literally doesn't get enough credit for what he has done for the Banjo-Kazooie fanbase.

Imagine how hard it would be to get the rights to put another western character from a company that would be hard to corporate with.
Phil gave us hope in B-K's darkest hour where literally not a drop of hope was left. It was still just a small ray of light, but we freaking ran for it, no matter the odds being against us... and we won. We got them. They're home.

I have hope for Geno and I had no hope for Banjo. Needless to say, if Banjo can come home, then Geno will one day, too, as long as we keep our voices heard. It may not be for Ultimate, for all we know, but I have a lot more confidence in him now.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Phil gave us hope in B-K's darkest hour where literally not a drop of hope was left. It was still just a small ray of light, but we freaking ran for it, no matter the odds being against us... and we won. We got them. They're home.

I have hope for Geno and I had no hope for Banjo. Needless to say, if Banjo can come home, then Geno will one day, too, as long as we keep our voices heard. It may not be for Ultimate, for all we know, but I have a lot more confidence in him now.
I wish I had as much trust in Square-Enix's higher ups as I did in Phil Spencer, but only time will tell. But let me tell you if Geno makes it, Sakurai is a freaking miracle worker.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I wish I had as much trust in Square-Enix's higher ups as I did in Phil Spencer, but only time will tell. But let me tell you if Geno makes it, Sakurai is a freaking miracle worker.
Oh, trust me, I don't trust SE's higher-ups at all, but comparatively, when my hopes for Geno were better and my hopes for Banjo were zero, if the characters I thought would never come home did... then the character I think will one day definitely has a great shot. It's just a harder fight with SE, but considering they allow usage of Geno's likeness, it might not be as difficult as we think.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Oh, trust me, I don't trust SE's higher-ups at all, but comparatively, when my hopes for Geno were better and my hopes for Banjo were zero, if the characters I thought would never come home did... then the character I think will one day definitely has a great shot. It's just a harder fight with SE, but considering they allow usage of Geno's likeness, it might not be as difficult as we think.
I think Sakurai is going to bring Geno back home where he belongs. I'm getting that same feeling in my stomach right now that I had before K. Rool and Banjo & Kazooie were both revealed. Geno is coming, I feel it.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I think Sakurai is going to bring Geno back home where he belongs. I'm getting that same feeling in my stomach right now that I had before K. Rool and Banjo & Kazooie were both revealed. Geno is coming, I feel it.
In that case, I guess you can say, “I’m really feeling it!”. LOL

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
So it really feels like we are totally in the dark here about the last 2 fighters in the fighters pass. Sure we have leaks but obviously we can't necessarily trust said leaks. So at this point, who do you think is most likely (not most wanted) to be the last 2 fighters in this fighters pass? Feel free to argue for who you think is most likely as additional dlc if you really feel that it's likely too because this is entirely an opinion-based question and the inclusion of additional dlc could greatly impact who you would envision as the last 2 fighters pass characters.

I really feel that a Resident Evil rep is very likely but I'm not sure that it'd fit the fighters pass because I'm not really sure how they would set themself apart and be really unique with a new mechanic. I really want Rayman, Crash, and/or Spyro but don't feel that they are all that likely. Doom Guy only seems likely to me because of how ubiquitous the leaks are which really just seem to be feeding off each other and I just don't think they will pan out (not that I'm opposed to Doom Guy or think he wouldn't be unique). Same goes for others like Ryu from Ninja Gaiden. Obviously, Geno is my number one choice and has a lot going for him either way but do I think he's most likely as one of the last 2 fighters in the pass? No, no I do not. I just don't think it's likely we will get more than one rep from the same 3rd party especially Square Enix (my opinion so don't crucify me for it). I do think that additional dlc is likely and where he would fit though.

Because of that, I feel that in my opinion, the 2 most likely candidates are probably the Human from Undertale and I guess a Resident Evil rep despite my above comment. I don't really know who else fits the bill because well...the bill is written in some obscure and non descript Nintendo language making it easy to interpret in many ways.

The Human from Undertale may seem like an odd pick to be most likely but I feel like Undertale is popular enough world-wide, the moveset potential for that character and mechanic potential is just insane how unique it could be, Undertale also fits the niche Indie rep that hasn't been touched yet in the pass, and there have been some leaks purporting it but it doesn't seem to be blowing out of proportion although...dragon quest leaks were all over and did pan out so it's hard to say and there haven't really been any substantial hints to this (or anything else for that matter) so that makes it harder.

Don't get me wrong I still don't really feel like these are definitely the last 2 fighters; they just make the most sense to me with the little information we have to work with right now. I'm definitely ok being proven wrong and likely will be when we get more information (except on the additional dlc part, I hope I'm not wrong about that). But yeah what do you all think? Based on essentially nothing at all other than your opinion and personal logic, who is most likely to fill those last 2 spots?

Firox

Smash Master
You ever seen the movie "Rise of the Guardians"?

Santa: "I feel it....in my belly..."

Gotta admit, I'm not always a fan of Sakurai's decisions, but freak, that guy is literally the most legendary developer I can think of. And I'm not the only one. From what I've read and heard, he's a complete baller among the gaming community and tons of other devs have come to him with hopes of their characters/games getting represented in smash. If Geno gets in, I will never ask him for anything ever again. I won't need to.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Crash I think stemmed from the idea that if Banjo, a 3rd party western character, could be DLC, so could Crash. However, Banjo has Nintendo history, which is heavily alluded to in his reveal trailer. I'm not saying Crash can't happen, I just don't get the logic behind his chances IMO.

Doom has been something Sakurai has talked about, about it being a Pioneer in the FPS genre, not to mention its Nintendo History. Additionally, Bethesda let it slip that they talked to Nintendo about Smash. Thats all they have said, but Bethesda owns Doom, the first game was released on SNES, the 1st and 2nd was made portable on GBA, and the Switch can run every Doom game in the franchise now. So, IMO, Doom technically has enough Nintendo history to warrant an inclusion, over someone like Crash, who hasn't until his remakes.

Rikarte

Smash Ace
So it really feels like we are totally in the dark here about the last 2 fighters in the fighters pass. Sure we have leaks but obviously we can't necessarily trust said leaks. So at this point, who do you think is most likely (not most wanted) to be the last 2 fighters in this fighters pass? Feel free to argue for who you think is most likely as additional dlc if you really feel that it's likely too because this is entirely an opinion-based question and the inclusion of additional dlc could greatly impact who you would envision as the last 2 fighters pass characters.

I really feel that a Resident Evil rep is very likely but I'm not sure that it'd fit the fighters pass because I'm not really sure how they would set themself apart and be really unique with a new mechanic. I really want Rayman, Crash, and/or Spyro but don't feel that they are all that likely. Doom Guy only seems likely to me because of how ubiquitous the leaks are which really just seem to be feeding off each other and I just don't think they will pan out (not that I'm opposed to Doom Guy or think he wouldn't be unique). Same goes for others like Ryu from Ninja Gaiden. Obviously, Geno is my number one choice and has a lot going for him either way but do I think he's most likely as one of the last 2 fighters in the pass? No, no I do not. I just don't think it's likely we will get more than one rep from the same 3rd party especially Square Enix (my opinion so don't crucify me for it). I do think that additional dlc is likely and where he would fit though.

Because of that, I feel that in my opinion, the 2 most likely candidates are probably the Human from Undertale and I guess a Resident Evil rep despite my above comment. I don't really know who else fits the bill because well...the bill is written in some obscure and non descript Nintendo language making it easy to interpret in many ways.

The Human from Undertale may seem like an odd pick to be most likely but I feel like Undertale is popular enough world-wide, the moveset potential for that character and mechanic potential is just insane how unique it could be, Undertale also fits the niche Indie rep that hasn't been touched yet in the pass, and there have been some leaks purporting it but it doesn't seem to be blowing out of proportion although...dragon quest leaks were all over and did pan out so it's hard to say and there haven't really been any substantial hints to this (or anything else for that matter) so that makes it harder.

Don't get me wrong I still don't really feel like these are definitely the last 2 fighters; they just make the most sense to me with the little information we have to work with right now. I'm definitely ok being proven wrong and likely will be when we get more information (except on the additional dlc part, I hope I'm not wrong about that). But yeah what do you all think? Based on essentially nothing at all other than your opinion and personal logic, who is most likely to fill those last 2 spots?
I think we're definitely getting a Capcom character due to the datamined MH spirit slots.
RE is their biggest IP not represented yet but I honestly can't see that ever getting into Smash so I'm gonna bet my money on Dante instead.
As for the last fighter... no idea lol
I'm just gonna say Reimu since she's pretty much the biggest indie character out there and we still don't have a female character (not counting Kazooie)

Last edited:

TriggerX

Smash Ace
It’s funny that despite people believing Sora has no chance he manages to come back to the conversation. Almost as if he’s a threat to other characters chances.

Either way Geno or Sora, I can’t go wrong with either.
Both characters actually fit in very well with the theme from the game. Sora being the more popular of the two, may have had his chances reduced by Hero though.
I guess you could even say the Starling picture could potentially have a connection with Sora.
Ex: Sora=Sky, Starling relates back to the star seeker. I could pull theories like that out of my butt all day.

What I will say though is that Disney and Nintendo do have a fairly strong relationship so I wouldn’t be too surprised. There was a Nintendo themed switch revealed not too long ago, they receive exclusive titles like Ultimate Alliance, and Kh3 is notably absent from the switch. Pretty sure Nomura had also said in an interview he would like to do something for the switch cuz he wasn’t sure if the third installment would be ported over.

Sora as a mii costume doesn’t make sense given how popular the character is. However, he is probably one of the few characters who could sell a costume pack just due to his inclusion. So marketing wise, makes a little bit of sense.

I’d rather have them both, if that’s at all possible.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
The human makes sense and here's my reasoning.
(1) Undertale and Deltarune have NEVER been shown off in a Nindie. They're shown off with the main Directs. Meanwhile, Shovel Knight's King of Cards was shown off only in a Nindie direct.
(2) Both Sans and Mettaton starred in a Nintendo Dream magazine por Nintendo characters that would make good YouTubers. Not one but two Undertale characters were considered for the poll listing and were called Nintendo characters.

Probably coincidence but Nintendo seems to appreciate Undertale a lot.

vivala

Smash Journeyman
Crash may not have a lot of Nintendo history, but neither do Cloud or Joker tbf

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Crash may not have a lot of Nintendo history, but neither do Cloud or Joker tbf
He's been on Nintendo consoles since the Gamecube; that seems like a decent amount of history to work with.

link2702

Smash Champion
Honestly I’m not worried about geno’s chances. Sakurai seems to have went out of his way with so much fan service this game, specifically characters who have had a history of being popular in polls for past games.

And we’ve gotten all the most other popular characters at this point. Geno is the only one who despite being ranked so high constantly for years, has yet to appear. I don’t see him as a bonus, i see him arriving as one of the actual fp characters.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
But yeah what do you all think? Based on essentially nothing at all other than your opinion and personal logic, who is most likely to fill those last 2 spots?
I have a feeling that Resident Evil and Doom will take the last spots on the roster not due to leaks but due to their targeted marketing on the Switch, especially in Doom's case as Doom 1, 2 and 3 are all exclusive to the Switch in Japan from what I've heard.

I believe Doom Guy will get in for the same reason as the Dragon Quest heroes. He is popular in the west and not so popular in the east so Zenimax/Bethesda would probably try to market Doom to the Japanese audience so what better way to advertise him than put him in the biggest crossover fighting game in history?

Capcom made a whole trailer showcasing Resident Evils 0, 1, 4, 5 and 6 all for the Nintendo Switch in Nintendo's E3 conference. That's pretty much about it. Resident Evil is about the biggest contender on my list of possible characters.

With Crash Bandicoot, Activision has expressed no interest in the Super Smash Bros series and by the time the N Sane trilogy appeared on the Switch, they were already doing well with the Crash Bandicoot franchise so I don't think they have any reason to approach Nintendo for the fighters pass. Crash Bandicoot in smash, like the N Sane trilogy was, would be a fan request but I think would be a little too late for the Fighters Pass through that method.

I don't see an Undertale rep or any other indie character being a fighter. If Shovel Knight was really high on the ballot, only to be made as an assist trophy, that's as far as indie characters can go in my opinion. An Undertale rep in smash really doesn't make any sense since the idea of the game is just to not fight. The game actively makes it a chore to fight enemies so having Frisk in the game doesn't make a lot of sense.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think we're definitely getting a Capcom character due to the datamined MH spirit slots.
I haven't heard of this. When was this discovered?

I'm just gonna say Reimu since she's pretty much the biggest indie character out there and we still don't have a female character (not counting Kazooie)
"Only in Japan... Only in Japan!'' - AVGN.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I don't see an Undertale rep or any other indie character being a fighter. If Shovel Knight was really high on the ballot, only to be made as an assist trophy, that's as far as indie characters can go in my opinion. An Undertale rep in smash really doesn't make any sense since the idea of the game is just to not fight. The game actively makes it a chore to fight enemies so having Frisk in the game doesn't make a lot of sense.
Papyrus would be the best rep because he's recognizable, is extremely expressive and is the perfect balance between fighting and pacifism, the two ideas of the game. He's a balancing point between the two. Sans is too lazy to battle and Frisk's concept is pacifism typically. Papyrus is just a great choice to represent Undertale if we get any rep at all.

Also, it'd be fun to have a scene of Papyrus posing with the Starman and chasing after Ness as a joke about Sans or the human.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
RE is their biggest IP not represented yet but I honestly can't see that ever getting into Smash so I'm gonna bet my money on Dante instead.

Not sure why it couldnt be Monster hunter themselves, not that I wouldn't want Dante

Slime Scholar

Smash Apprentice
I must be missing something with the Crash and Banjo comparisons.

Crash is certainly popular and he’s had a second wind of sorts with his most iconic games receiving remakes, but I don’t think he’s had nearly the same amount of Smash support. And that’s not me knocking or trying to downplay anything here, but major gaming news outlets everywhere were reporting on how Phil Spencer endorsed Banjo as a dlc character during the ballot days. The circumstances that lead to him getting in seem pretty special.

Not a betting man, but if I were I’d put money on another Capcom character. Can’t rightly say who, but their library of recognizable franchises and characters is pretty much unparalleled among third parties and we’re still waiting for them to re-add 6 or so Mii costumes that were in Smash 4.

Rikarte

Smash Ace
I haven't heard of this. When was this discovered?
A few weeks ago.
https://twitter.com/TheRamenDon/status/1154949194039406592?s=20

"Only in Japan... Only in Japan!'' - AVGN.
Fair enough

Not sure why it couldnt be Monster hunter themselves, not that I wouldn't want Dante
I would love Monster Hunter but it's already represented via Rathalos so making him/her a DLC would be kinda weird.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Papyrus would be the best rep because he's recognizable, is extremely expressive and is the perfect balance between fighting and pacifism, the two ideas of the game. He's a balancing point between the two. Sans is too lazy to battle and Frisk's concept is pacifism typically. Papyrus is just a great choice to represent Undertale if we get any rep at all.

Also, it'd be fun to have a scene of Papyrus posing with the Starman and chasing after Ness as a joke about Sans or the human.
I have to admit, Papyrus would be the best character out of the Undertale cast. The only problem he has is he is not the protagonist and from what we've seen, protagonists come first.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I must be missing something with the Crash and Banjo comparisons.

Crash is certainly popular and he’s had a second wind of sorts with his most iconic games receiving remakes, but I don’t think he’s had nearly the same amount of Smash support. And that’s not me knocking or trying to downplay anything here, but major gaming news outlets everywhere were reporting on how Phil Spencer endorsed Banjo as a dlc character during the ballot days. The circumstances that lead to him getting in seem pretty special.

Not a betting man, but if I were I’d put money on another Capcom character. Can’t rightly say who, but their library of recognizable franchises and characters is pretty much unparalleled among third parties and we’re still waiting for them to re-add 6 or so Mii costumes that were in Smash 4.
I think Crash doesn't need fan support to get into Smash as he has been relevant though the Insane-Trilogy remakes where's Banjo & Kazooie haven't had a game since Nuts & Bolts back in 2008. The only thing that stands in Crash's way is the western barrier which, I'm pretty sure Banjo & Kazooie broke. We might not see anymore western characters in Ultimate, but I guarantee you we will see plenty more of them in future installments.

Last edited:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I have to admit, Papyrus would be the best character out of the Undertale cast. The only problem he has is he is not the protagonist and from what we've seen, protagonists come first.
That's the reason I think Heihachi doesn't make much sense. Had Sakurai gone through with Heihachi in Smash 4, then I would say Papyrus has a good chance to represent Undertale. However, it didn't happen, so the trend still remains.

Protagonists come first.

Last edited:

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice
The only character I'd be willing to put money on is a Tales rep, probably Lloyd, but maybe Yuri. It honestly baffles me that Namco hasn't already gotten another character in, if we went a whole Fighters Pass without them getting one I'd be pretty surprised. Geno, well, maybe. Starling and all. It's kinda like Banjo where even if you give me a pretty credible leaker leaking pretty credibly, it's just not something I can believe until I see. I'd really love for those two to finish the thing off, though.

Firox

Smash Master
So apparently Hero has been banned from tournament play in southern Australia. Looks like the competitive scene is really not liking the whole RNG insta-kill thing. While I disagree with banning a character with so many flaws, I do have to say that Hero's overall power might need to get scaled back a bit. I'm sorry, killing from center stage at 30-40% off an uncharged forward smash is freaking broken, even for heavies like Ganondorf or Bowser. No other character can do 37% damage off a single charged B move, let alone kill with it around 60-70%. Then you have his side B that does 25% damage HALF-charged and kills at 40% at full charge. It's a good thing he's so painfully slow or else he'd be HANDS DOWN the most deadly character in the game. lol I remember when Incineroar came out, people were laughing about how he "****s out damage", but he's got nothing on Hero.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
That's the reason I think Heihachi doesn't make much sense. Had Sakurai gone through with Heihachi in Smash 4, then I would say Papyrus has a good chance to represent Undertale. However, it didn't happen, so the trend still remains.

Protagonists come first.
I feel the same way for Nightmare if they were to pick a Soul Calibur Rep. ain’t Nightmare the villain? Although technically if I’m not mistaken, he and the hero (Siegfried) like...share a body or something? Nightmare could be an alt but not much else.

Though wrt a Namco rep: people really sleeping on their crossover queen, KOS-MOS. Various JP exclusive crossovers, also in the Project X Zone series alongside Smash alums Ryu, Ken, Chrom, Lucina (and current Smash NPCs Fiora and Zero) and Xenoblade 2 alongside another Smash veteran, Shulk, so...

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The only character I'd be willing to put money on is a Tales rep, probably Lloyd, but maybe Yuri. It honestly baffles me that Namco hasn't already gotten another character in, if we went a whole Fighters Pass without them getting one I'd be pretty surprised. Geno, well, maybe. Starling and all. It's kinda like Banjo where even if you give me a pretty credible leaker leaking pretty credibly, it's just not something I can believe until I see. I'd really love for those two to finish the thing off, though.
Same here buddy, same here.

Both me and Sigran101 Sigran101 believe he is one of those last 2 remaining Season Pass fighters. You remember Duck Hunt and Mii Sword Fighter crashing the game in All Star Smash when 1.0 dropped? Well, Sigran101 Sigran101 has a theory about the Mii Sword Fighter being used as a base for Lloyd just like how people thought Duck Hunt was used as a base for Banjo & Kazooie.

I feel the same way for Nightmare if they were to pick a Soul Calibur Rep. ain’t Nightmare the villain? Although technically if I’m not mistaken, he and the hero (Siegfried) like...share a body or something? Nightmare could be an alt but not much else.

Though wrt a Namco rep: people really sleeping on their crossover queen, KOS-MOS. Various JP exclusive crossovers, also in the Project X Zone series alongside Smash alums Ryu, Ken, Chrom, Lucina (and current Smash NPCs Fiora and Zero) and Xenoblade 2 alongside another Smash veteran, Shulk, so...
I think Siegfried or Nightmare could Echo each other vice versa.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

But yeah what do you all think? Based on essentially nothing at all other than your opinion and personal logic, who is most likely to fill those last 2 spots?
I agree with there being a Capcom rep and for that I'm going to go out on a hunch and say Phoenix Wright. We've seen a constant pattern with Nintendo and Sakurai in choosing the most popular and highly speculated upon rep for each company throughout the entire game so far (excluding Hero but we never really got how popular they were and they were incredibly popular in Japan) so I could see the trend continuing for Phoenix.

He's constantly been a top 20 choice ever since the Smash Ballot from what I've seen so I don't see why they'd choose RE over Phoenix as they likely would've chosen Steve over Banjo if they were to go with the best selling franchises of companies.

And for the last one I really don't know. I have no idea, I could see Geno I guess but I could also very well see someone like Crash/Doom Guy/Lloyd/Heihachi/Frisk/Whatever so I'm just going to say Doom Guy. I think it would be neat for us to get a rep for the FPS genre and what better way than to do that than the grandfather of all FPS' with Doom and Doom Guy. I also very well think Sakurai could think similarly as they've had talks before and Sakurai even praised the creator of Doom sure it doesn't mean much but I think it could lead to something but again I don't know.

Now for the way I'd like it to go would be Phoenix/Geno tbh. Or Doom Guy, Doom Guy would be pretty cool. Doom Guy/Geno or Phoenix/Geno I do not care as long as we get Geno.

Last edited by a moderator:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
That would be the poorest selling character in Smash DLC history. Touhou is niche even in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom