• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Can we please stop with the potshots against Sora?

It's getting on my last nerve. I don't even like Sora or KH, but this kind of attitude is beyond immature.

In fact, let's have a roast, but a fun roast for laughs... on our star boy. Let's roast him, for while we love him to bits, we can forge further love out of that fire. Let's have a little laugh here:

Headass Pinocchio-lookin' son of a gun, don't promise Gaz that you'll come back and then, you never do. :( You fool. You CRETIN.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I thought that people concluded that the rumor was right and the salt was over Hero’s RNG
It was huh? I thought it would be much more substantial than that but I figured most people knew Hero would be jank going in to that video lol.

Then again, Hero turned out to be a lot more busted than we thought he would be. That might have been the salt-inducing thing for a lot, especially competitive players.

WeirdAlFan101

Smash Journeyman
I'm don't get some of you guys being OK with Geno as a bonus fighter a la :ultpiranha:. I get being fine with no stage, but Geno being a bonus fighter would also mean no extra music tracks, which means no Beware The Forest Mushrooms. That song is pretty much synonymous with the character, so it'd be a huge missed opprotunity to have Geno but not also have what has effectively become his main theme, and I don't feel that Sakurai is the kind of guy to do stuff like that.
I don't know, I remember hearing this somewhere, and I may have gotten it mixed up, but when Corrin was added as DLC in Smash 4, didn't they also come with additional music tracks? And if so, what's stopping Geno from doing the same thing?

Krystofr

Smash Rookie
I don't know, I remember hearing this somewhere, and I may have gotten it mixed up, but when Corrin was added as DLC in Smash 4, didn't they also come with additional music tracks? And if so, what's stopping Geno from doing the same thing?
Nothing is stopping them. This is all conjecture. We'll not know what they have planned regardless of how meaningful our discussion gets, because Nintendo does what Nintendo wants (and Sakurai ofc lol).

I'd be fine with Geno and just one sound track like Beware the Forest Mushrooms. Maybe one battle theme of their choice too if two at least!

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Corrin came with music

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Two songs: Lost in Thoughts All Alone Original and Remix.

D

Deleted member

It's getting on my last nerve. I don't even like Sora or KH, but this kind of attitude is beyond immature.

In fact, let's have a roast, but a fun roast for laughs... on our star boy. Let's roast him, for while we love him to bits, we can forge further love out of that fire. Let's have a little laugh here:

Headass Pinocchio-lookin' son of a gun, don't promise Gaz that you'll come back and then, you never do. :( You fool. You CRETIN.
Okay uh.. Funny that the character that can make dreams come true can't make his own dream come true Geno? More like Ge-NO. Pinocchio ripoff little gun slinging artillery wizard man.

Firox

Smash Master
Having sora be a mii costume for Geno's reveal would be the greatest thing ever. Please sakurai, please do this. Sora fans deserve this fate.
That would be jacked up, spiteful and cruel. I love it.

As for roasting Geno, uh.....uh......your mama was a fat-ass birch! Get it? Wood? Birch?.....(sobs quietly)

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
As someone that has been MIA for a while due to a gun wound, could someone give me a TLDR on if something of important have happen in hope for our star boy

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490

Geno? More like GEE, NO thank you!

Last edited:

vivala

Smash Journeyman
People ask me if I want anyone in particular for DLC, so I stop, think for a minute and say "Gee, no!"

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
As someone that has been MIA for a while due to a gun wound, could someone give me a TLDR on if something of important have happen in hope for our star boy
Nothing has really happen but frick, I'm sorry to hear what happen to you. Hope you get better.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
If we're entertaining the thought of Geno coming as a bonus DLC character, I did have a really goofy idea on how they could introduce him:

At the end of the fighter's pass when all five characters are revealed, Sakurai at the end of a Smash Direct says something like, "Well, I guess my work here is finished. I can finally rest now!" and we see him later at night in pajamas getting into bed and turning the lights off, when suddenly a little star comes up to his window and the wind rises and blows the window open for the little star to enter. It goes off-camera to the side where a mysterious light emits and the scene transitions into morning, where Sakurai immediately notices something's missing on his shelf, and he goes to the office asking everybody if they've seen a doll of his that went missing, then finally he comes up to the camera and stops in surprise. ""Oh? You look like you're ready to fight. Do you want to join the battle?" camera pans to a life-size Geno, who nods in response, then Sakurai says, "Okay then...welcome to our family!" Finally we get the splash-screen for Geno (GENO GRANTS THE LAST WISH!) followed by his gameplay demonstration, with a new arrangement of Still The Road Is Full of Dangers playing as background music.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
After Geno is character 4, I envision the Game Awards with the news that KH3 and DLC is coming to the switch. Then after the usual video clips, Sora and group go to a green field, yell 'Heartless!' to something off screen, then it shows them looking at Kirby's black with yellow eyes Smash alt color. Then everything explodes.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I understand bashing other’s fanbases is immature, but wow, the amount of times i’ve seen Sora fans bash Geno is uncountable.

Can’t say i’d feel sorry for them if Sora was Mii Costume’d. But that likely won’t happen. They’re not gonna go to ****ing Disney for a Mii Costume

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
While re-watching the part of the 11.1.18 Smash Direct where they reveal Piranha Plant, I noticed that there were a lot more instances that seemed like references to Super Mario RPG (mostly all revolving around Land's End and the encounter against Mega Smilax). Not only is Mega Smilax mentioned in Palutena's guidance for Piranha Plant (specifically mentioned by Viridi), but in addition, in minute 34:40, a tiny Olimar walks up to a Giant Piranha Plant (which could be seen as heading up to the Mega Smilax fight, and Olimar along with three Pikmins can be seen as a party). In minute 34:50, Villager is watering Piranha Plant, and immediately grows in size (another potential reference to the flying Shy Guys that water the plants in Land's End, and the one that waters the one turning into Mega Smilax).

Firox

Smash Master
Holy crap! First that crisis with your sister and now this?! The universe needs to ease up on you. Geez. Hope you guys are alright.

QQS

Smash Lord
I’m really rooting for Geno as a Bonus DLC at this moment; but if they suddenly release Geno as character #4 or #5, I would die from a heart attack.

Just crossing my fingers for that Reveal/Splash/Music&Remix/HDDesign/Stage/Moveset&FS.

I have no doubt about Sakurai’s ability to impress and satisfy the audience.

This game is already perfect, but with Geno playable in there, it will literally touch the sky.

xNovaNebulax

Smash Journeyman
I’m really rooting for Geno as a Bonus DLC at this moment; but if they suddenly release Geno as character #4 or #5, I would die from a heart attack.

Just crossing my fingers for that Reveal/Splash/Music&Remix/HDDesign/Stage/Moveset&FS.

I have no doubt about Sakurai’s ability to impress and satisfy the audience.

This game is already perfect, but with Geno playable in there, it will literally touch the sky.

"Geno STARS in Smash!"
"Geno gives it a whirl!"
"geno shoots from the stars!"

something like that?

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
I dislike that any time a couple people make stupid comments about other fanbases it turns into “HEY WE GENO LADS AS A COMMUNITY NEED TO SHAPE UP!!!”.

Clearly the majority of the people in this thread don’t blast other fanbases on any regular basis and I feel like instead of passive-aggressive public callouts, you can either PM the person you have an issue with or notify a mod. It doesn’t need to be a town hall discussion on what is or isn’t allowed in this thread because you aren’t comfortable with something.

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
Another 4chan leak with Geno just popped up and everything seems reasonable

"
English not my native language, forgive me for problems with wording

Slayer coming late December, UAC Mars is stage, 9 songs, extra costume original Doom

Mii costume return of Samurai outfit and more at later time

Echo fighter three pack in May

Free Possessed costume for every fighter (dark version) - October

Banjo release with next three amiibo, boss mode added grunty is boss too, rhyming is back

Porky and Rayquaza return but in new places

Last character Crash, bonus character Geno (no stage, 2 extra music) "

I wouldn't recommend browsing 4chan though FWIW

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

"

Slayer coming late December, UAC Mars is stage, 9 songs, extra costume original Doom

Banjo release with next three amiibo, boss mode added grunty is boss too, rhyming is back

Didn’t add “Possessed (light version)” aka the Galeem aura though, which is strange, why have one but not the other?

Also what’s “Echo Fighter three pack”? They won’t even say who they are?

Oh and it won’t even say the stage or music for Crash...

Last edited:

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
Didn’t add “Possessed (light version)” aka the Galeem aura though, which is strange, why have one but not the other?

Also what’s “Echo Fighter three pack”? They won’t even say who they are?
Probably a faker and it's 4chan so they're anonymous, we'll never know, but you could ask if you want, just don't expect a response and even if you get one it may not be the OP, worst part of 4chan for having leaks (le sigh)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Oh no doubt. That has been on my mind ever since, but never wanted to bring it up. Now that you bring it up, however, the timing is REALLY convenient. Let's also slap on the SNES controller for the Switch surfacing up for potential online SNES games.

Everything is slowly lining up.
You know what, this all reminds me of the situation regarding the amount of B-K stuff that popped within last year and leading up to their reveal, including official merch, that reference in Sea of Thieves, and even Jon teasing people with the image of a bear, no otters.

Let's not bash Sora and his fans, now
Yeah I mean, this board's a house, and the thread for him's the hornest hive that's close to it. And for the record, I support him too.

"

Alright, assuming any of it's true (which it most likely isn't, but still, 1% of it actually being is still pretty slim)…Oof, the Porky fans would not recover from this one at all.

Luckily the killswitch is short enough. The possessed costume part is pretty weird though, the leakers resort to making stuff up related to WOL now?

If Geno getting confirmed leads to you no longer having to actually suffer from these things fate throws at you, it can't happen soon enough. :(

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You know what, this all reminds me of the situation regarding the amount of B-K stuff that popped within last year and leading up to their reveal, including official merch, that reference in Sea of Thieves, and even Jon teasing people with the image of a bear, no otters.

Yeah I mean, this board's a house, and the thread for him's the hornest hive that's close to it. And for the record, I support him too.

Alright, assuming any of it's true (which it most likely isn't, but still, 1% of it actually being is still pretty slim)…Oof, the Porky fans would not recover from this one at all.

Luckily the killswitch is short enough. The possessed costume part is pretty weird though, the leakers resort to making stuff up related to WOL now?

If Geno getting confirmed leads to you no longer having to actually suffer from these things fate throws at you, it can't happen soon enough. :(
I mean the costume thing isn’t impossible as Hero’s trailer showed it was possible outside of WoL (though again, the fact they’re only mentioning the Dark Realm effect and not the Light Realm effect is mighty sus)

But no mention of a Very Hard Mode and/or 2P mode for WoL which are pretty much a must? Come on

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Holy crap! First that crisis with your sister and now this?! The universe needs to ease up on you. Geez. Hope you guys are alright.
The last 7 years as a whole has a been a **** show of mine. But thanks :)

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
The last 7 years as a whole has a been a **** show of mine. But thanks :)
If you don't mind my asking, how old are you? I'm just curious if it's your childhood or your adulthood that's getting screwed over here.

bardbowman

Smash Apprentice
don't promise Gaz that you'll come back and then, you never do. :( You fool. You CRETIN.
I know you’re being sarcastic, but wouldn’t be just awesome if that’s how his reveal trailer played out? Him finally returning to Gaz after all these years?

I know that it probably wouldn’t since these trailers are much more combat-focused...But still...My heart...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Wait no oh my God

I think the guy who tweeted about the 16 WoL placeholder slots... was the same guy who had an underage sex abuse scandal in which case, y i k e s

Doesn’t take away the datamine being true nevertheless but yikes

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Yeah I know. I guess I'm just tired of this sort of defeatism that some people have. Like, you want Geno as DLC, but for some reason you also think he's not significant enough to make it as a Fighter Pass character?
Let's not bash Sora and his fans, now
I will never stop bullying Sora fans.
... not that I do that, of course...
One way you can tell a fake leak from a real leak, is that fake leaks will tailor themselves based on what people are currently speculating in order to sound more legit. Doomguy, Crash, Geno as a bonus fighter, Grunty boss fight, all of it is stuff we're all theorizing at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom