• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Wait... are people taking that 4chan leak that mention Crash & Geno? Have we not learn 4chan leaks are not to be trusted?
I was merely entertaining the idea. I doubt it's legit but it's fun to speculate the possible content if the rumor is somehow true and not argue over the validity of something.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
What Star one? I haven't heard anything about that but it does sound good.
It is from this video
But it might as well be...
The only reason I am entertaining this currently is how close the numbers match up with WoL 16 slots. As well as papagenos papagenos latest SPECULATION video.
It almost matches up nicely. (Also, using my energy that is not towards Spirits)

EDIT: Dear God, I have been reduced to Blocked Content to change subjects...What fresh hell is this.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The only reason I am entertaining this currently is how close the numbers match up with WoL 16 slots. As well as papagenos papagenos latest SPECULATION video.
It almost matches up nicely. (Also, using my energy that is not towards Spirits)

EDIT: Dear God, I have been reduced to Blocked Content to change subjects...What fresh hell is this.
If this leak is true and we do get a Bonus Geno DLC character then the amount of content he'd come with is a bit disappointing but it's better than nothing I suppose. I'd still definitely take it as it sounds like a fitting end to the DLC cycle with Doom Guy/Master Chief, Crash and Geno though I doubt it's real.

Also while Blocked Content is a bit mediocre they're at least better than 4Chan and GameFaqs.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
If this leak is true and we do get a Bonus Geno DLC character then the amount of content he'd come with is a bit disappointing but it's better than nothing I suppose. I'd still definitely take it as it sounds like a fitting end to the DLC cycle with Doom Guy/Master Chief, Crash and Geno though I doubt it's real.

Also while Blocked Content is a bit mediocre they're at least better than 4Chan and GameFaqs.
The way I see it. It makes sense with this current lineup. Something has been catching my eye with the fighters revealed. Long before we knew who the first was, I remember people saying it would all be promotional. And, to an extent, it is. Yet, Banjo currently has nothing tying him into a promotional sale...just fan demand. So allow me to chalk up a hypothetical lineup with Doom guy and Crash added.
Fighter 1 - Joker - WTF / off platform promotional.
Fighter 2 - Hero - Promotional/Caters to the Eastern audience/fans.
Fighter 3 - Banjo&Kazooie - Smash fan demand.
Fighter 4 - Doom Slayer - Promotional/Caters to the Western audience/fans.
Fighter 5 - Crash - Smash fan demand.
Bonus - Geno - Smash fan demand.
However, if this leak doesn't pan out (Which I doubt it will) I could honestly see my mock up being what we should expect from the final 2 fighters. Even without the bonus fighter.

Last edited:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Can we discuss the boss lineup they mention too? They claim they aren't sure which first party boss it will be, which is interesting. Let's say that that whole list is true. We'd have:

Giga Bowser: Basically a Mario boss
Ganon: The most iconic interpretation of Ganon from one of the more memorable Zelda games.
Marx: The most iconic Kirby final boss.
Porky: An extremely iconic Nintendo villain from Earthbound.

So, I have some ideas for this last boss since all these seem to be sort of "legacy" bosses.

[1] Mother Brain
Mother Brain is an extremely iconic foe from the Metroid series and seeing as they could utilize her monster form from Super Metroid, it'd be a great homage to Metroid.

[2] Necrozma
The ultimatum of Pokemon appears as a boss. It would fit extremely well with the Light vs Dark concept and it's easily one of the most powerful Pokemon by concept alone. The alternative?

[2b] Rayquaza
Bringing back the celestial serpent would be rather nice, especially as it could utilize Mega Rayquaza as a later phase in its boss battle.

[3] Andross
The infamous ape from Star Fox utilizes his iconic 64 appearance in this boss battle. Gives Star Fox a little more love.

[4] Emperor Bulbax
One of the most iconic bosses from Pikmin would be a rather interesting take on a Smash boss.

Which to you seems the most reasonable?

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Honestly Necrozma seems like it would fit perfectly.
Although I still want Perfect Chaos as a boss fight.

Last edited:

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
With how much I'm seeing Doom Guy tossed around here, it makes me wonder. What would his stage be? Actual hell with Cacodemons, Revenants and the others for cameos? Would they have to name it Underworld to keep the game's E Rating?
Would Doom Guy technically be considered a Bethesda rep? Imagine representing Bethesda and their "lovely" customer support lol

I'm just afraid for the kiddos, y'know.

But ditto to my last Doom Guy comment, I guess we do have the likes of Ridley. (And Bayo. And Ridley's entire reveal trailer. Etc. Etc.)

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
With how much I'm seeing Doom Guy tossed around here, it makes me wonder. What would his stage be? Actual hell with Cacodemons, Revenants and the others for cameos? Would they have to name it Underworld to keep the game's E Rating?
Would Doom Guy technically be considered a Bethesda rep? Imagine representing Bethesda and their "lovely" customer support lol

But ditto to my last Doom Guy comment, I guess we do have the likes of Ridley. (And Bayo. And Ridley's entire reveal trailer. Etc. Etc.)
When Bayonetta was released for Smash Bros 4 one of the trophies (I believe it was Rodin) mentioned the Gate of Hell and still had an E10+. Also any other worries we got to remember that Shadow the Hedgehog featured cursing such as Damn & Hell along with realistic guns (for the most part) and was rated E10+. But I believe that if Doomguy does get in then his stage would be Mars.

And yeah, Doomguy would be considered a Bethesda rep, just like how Crash would be considered an Activision rep. YIKES! Talk about a company with great customer support.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

They could just call it Mars, as that is where the games typically take place before diving strait into Hell.

T2by4

Smash Lord
It is from this video

>Soldier is obviously doomguy

Everyone knows he's coming. This is an easy one to predict

>spin is obviously crash

Yeah, crash isn't happening. I don't see it, especially with how activision has been acting lately with their horrendous greed. Not happening

>geno being a bonus fighter

I'll give this rumor starter credit, he put down geno EXACTLY how I thought he would come in, 2 songs with no stage or spirits. It's exactly how I think Geno would get in at this point. So credit where it's due, it's incredibly well made and thoughtout, but for me Crash being in is a sign that this is fake. I simply don't see him being in. Also, wasn't there someone that mentioned the next fighter is a female with a projectile, that one could be wrong as well, of course.

Overall, I think that "rumor" is obviously fake, and it's not a "leak" because the damn thing isn't real, it's a rumor, not a leak. There is absolutely no way it's real. But whoever made it did their research pretty well.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Everyone knows he's coming. This is an easy one to predict

>spin is obviously crash

Yeah, crash isn't happening. I don't see it, especially with how activision has been acting lately with their horrendous greed. Not happening

>geno being a bonus fighter

I'll give this rumor starter credit, he put down geno EXACTLY how I thought he would come in, 2 songs with no stage or spirits. It's exactly how I think Geno would get in at this point. So credit where it's due, it's incredibly well made and thoughtout, but for me Crash being in is a sign that this is fake. I simply don't see him being in. Also, wasn't there someone that mentioned the next fighter is a female with a projectile, that one could be wrong as well, of course. Overall, I think that "rumor" is obviously fake, and it's not a "leak" because the damn thing isn't real, it's a rumor, not a leak.
Well to be fair the last time we thought greed was stopping someone was a Dragon Quest rep and we all saw how that turned out. They didn't only get in but they got even more content than Final Fantasy and way more content than we were expecting. Sakurai made the impossible possible for the Dragon Quest rep. I don't really think greed is stopping anyone from getting in anymore.

Plus I'd say Bethesda is worse when it comes to greed and poor consumer choices yet we all think Doom Guy is very likely.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Depending on the game they choose they could name it after an actual Doom 1/2 map ("E1M1" or something like that--that's how the levels in the original Doom games are called) or they could use the section of Hell that's most relevant to Doom 2016 and call the stage Argent D'nur or Necropolis or something.

Overall, I think that "rumor" is obviously fake, and it's not a "leak" because the damn thing isn't real, it's a rumor, not a leak. There is absolutely no way it's real. But whoever made it did their research pretty well.
Is it weird that for some reason I don't doubt this leak at all? Crash is weirdly popular again and Doomguy is something everyone is gravitating to. And then obviously Geno would be the bookend everyone is expecting.

About a week ago I saw this image of what people on the internet seem to be gravitating towards for DLC and it's identical to this leak.
1565850785991.png

As far as Crash being unrealistic...eh
I don't think anyone is unrealistic anymore. He's got popularity on both sides of the world for some reason (I never owned a Playstation) and

People have been talking about Erdrick in Smash for over a year, people have been talking about Banjo in Smash for months. I think we're more in-tune with Nintendo's thinking these days than we've ever been, although the leaks certainly help. If this was the exact DLC roster I would not be the slightest bit surprised.

Besides, Geno with only two songs and nothing else sounds like the disappointingly-true trope that we get from the Smash leaks that turn out to be true.

T2by4

Smash Lord
Depending on the game they choose they could name it after an actual Doom 1/2 map ("E1M1" or something like that--that's how the levels in the original Doom games are called) or they could use the section of Hell that's most relevant to Doom 2016 and call the stage Argent D'nur or Necropolis or something.

Is it weird that for some reason I don't doubt this leak at all? Crash is weirdly popular again and Doomguy is something everyone is gravitating to. And then obviously Geno would be the bookend everyone is expecting.

About a week ago I saw this image of what people on the internet seem to be gravitating towards for DLC and it's identical to this leak.
View attachment 234730
As far as Crash being unrealistic...eh
I don't think anyone is unrealistic anymore. He's got popularity on both sides of the world for some reason (I never owned a Playstation) and

People have been talking about Erdrick in Smash for over a year, people have been talking about Banjo in Smash for months. I think we're more in-tune with Nintendo's thinking these days than we've ever been, although the leaks certainly help. If this was the exact DLC roster I would not be the slightest bit surprised.

Besides, Geno with only two songs and nothing else sounds like the disappointingly-true trope that we get from the Smash leaks that turn out to be true.
I don't care if geno doesn't get any music. I just want him back in SOME shape or form. He's been gone for TWO DECADES. Having him back at all would be a godsend.

The good thing I will say going for Crash is that he is pretty popular in japan, even more than Banjo is as far as I'm aware, it's entirely possibly, but I have extremely high doubts.

Also, yeah, I too remember seeing that specific image a week before that star rumor started popping up. Again, we've seen far more impressive rumors pop up, but credit where it's due, the faker did some research.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I don't care if geno doesn't get any music. I just want him back in SOME shape or form. He's been gone for TWO DECADES. Having him back at all would be a godsend.
Oh absolutely. Geno being in at all is paramount. If ever there was some kind of monkey's paw situation though it would be him with little to no music

QQS

Smash Lord
Let’s assume that the rumor is real. In that case, hypothetically, are you kidding me that you are going to complain that Geno is IN as a fighter but without a stage? For me it would be like a dream come true in terms of Smash and love for the character. Of course I would want Geno with a stage, more songs and probably the same deal that people on the FP is having. But either as part of the FP or as part of Bonus DLC, regardless the extra stuff (stage, songs, spirits); I will just be ****ing happy with Geno playable. Moreover, if somehow he is coming just with 2 songs; or with “less love” than other DLC, I wouldn’t care at all. He would be just IN and that’s all I can ask for. In fact, I would never ask for anything else in Smash. My dream roster would be complete.

Of course my most wanted character (Mega Man) came with thousand of songs, but it’s a different case and character. If Geno (second most wanted character) gets in, he would be totally bad-ass and epic, regardless of the extra stuff they add on him. Also, his moveset and design would be masterpiece, like Banjo-Kazooie.

*I don’t believe the leak/rumor is real, I’m just sure about 2 things:

-Regardless the “extra” stuff they would add on him, in that case, c’mon guys, Geno would be in, after 24 f*ucking years of Love, Demand & Memories. Everyone would want him with the same amount of details of other 3rd party characters; but learn to appreciate (hypothetically speaking, I repeat).
-Regardless of any leak or rumor, I DO believe that Geno will be IN, but no one knows if it will be as FP or later. Sakurai won’t let “Ultimate” ends without Geno in there. Trust me. It’s the last piece of the puzzle.

**If that’s true, he would be the 7th DLC: Legend of the 7 Stars and number #76.

***As you may note, my English is not native, so sorry :)

Patience is a virtue, let’s hope for the best!

Last edited by a moderator:

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
I'll be honest, we have more than enough stages. Sure, a stage for Geno would be awesome. But it's also a lot of work since they tend to overbuild stages and their backgrounds.

If not coming with a stage or music gets us more characters I'm 100% supportive.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I mean, FANS could easily make a SMRPG rem-
Uh-oh! You just woke up sheriff Nintendo.

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

Nintendo: Ya'll keep making them fan games of yours and It'll only make it easier to send your yellow belly hide to the gallows! Is that a line ya'll wanna cross, pardner?

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Nooo, Geno NEEDS to come with a stage!

If he doesn't, there will forever be an INFERNAL BLACK SQUARE sitting on the Stage Select screen unless they make a new stage for some other reason, reeeeeeeee

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
i have to say i think geno will be a part of the fighter pass. i think this because of the 2 songs that were removed by nintendo from that one youtube channel. if geno were to be a bonus character he wouldnt get any type of music much like how the pirahna plant didnt get any music. I just dont think a bonus character will happen but i do think geno is a part of the fighter pass. i think people are taking reggie's words too literal.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
i have to say i think geno will be a part of the fighter pass. i think this because of the 2 songs that were removed by nintendo from that one youtube channel. if geno were to be a bonus character he wouldnt get any type of music much like how the pirahna plant didnt get any music. I just dont think a bonus character will happen but i do think geno is a part of the fighter pass. i think people are taking reggie's words too literal.
If you take Corrin in Smash 4 into account, he got his own music tracks that were set to the Fire Emblem stages. Piranha Plant didn't get any because it was planned to be in the base roster and there wasn't really any music tracks that were unique to it. Meanwhile Geno has a whole list of Super Mario RPG tracks which are unique to him.

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Wait... are people taking that 4chan leak that mention Crash & Geno? Have we not learn 4chan leaks are not to be trusted?
I don't think one or two posts expressing that it would be pretty cool if it were true constitutes taking it seriously.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Because I can like anything of my choice and don't have to have accusations jabbed towards me for things I like? If I find said post to be worthwhile and somewhat decent, so be it. Get that like. It's fair arguments. Although I prefer a particular side a bit more, I have stated not once but TWICE that we have no way of determining whether those rules apply or not because the DLC isn't done and I don't have a side picked. A guy can dream or is that not allowed either?
Excuse me for getting tired over bickering about a rule that holds strong but isn't fact and it's impossible to tell whether it'll stay that way for the rest of the pass. It's the same melody being played at a different time of day. It's repetitive. Sorry for my opinion.
For all we know, this lunacy will keep going on for two more years should it turn out that, gasp and surprise, the extra slots get used.

I'm quite tired of this orwellian nonsense myself, at least :ultmewtwo: and :ultlucas: killed the argument of trophies deconfirming pretty early in 4's DLC cycle. God...

That is what I had figured, but was not 100% certain. And bosses take up the 16 slots as well if memory serves, correct?

EDIT: Glitch-EGamer Glitch-EGamer could you provide a link of the 'leak'? I cannot seem to find it.
Yeah, people have been so focused on "more important matters" that the original post for the datamine has been buried by dozens of pages by now.

But nah, bosses don't factor into this, iirc.

Edit: Nvmd. That brother comment was apparently in the trophy description for K. Rool in Brawl. Not sure if that's cannon or not though.. Seems very confusing when looking into it.
Severely doubtful. Whoever wrote the description must have been really confused or uninformed. I once figured it'd be a Super Donkey Kong thing, but that's apparently not the case.

Abort, abort! Quick, change the subject!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It is from this video

I really want to believe that's real, but because it's a 4chan leak with tons of broken english, I don't think it's real, though it'd be really nice to have Cortex as a boss in Smash.

Last edited by a moderator:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
i challanged myself to come up with something very unique
probably i want Smithy he is a shapeshifter fighter which is very unique i even tried to make game sprites for fangame mod but at the end i stopped since it takes a long time to make the whole sprite sheet moveset for him but the 3D model of Smithy that i made was very helpful to create these:-
entrance:

idle:

walk:

my take on Smithy is that his specials would change his heads and each form has different stats also his moveset is combination of physical and projectile attacks
Neutral special -Magnum-: changes to the tank head and increase physical attacks and defense and decrease projectile attacks (except this bullet) and it would be similar to Bowser jr. but way faster the bullet goes and it has a chance for a 1 hit KO and another thing is while holding neutral special you could shoot the bullet backwards since the tank head rotates.
https://www.mariowiki.com/images/b/b9/RPG_Magnum.png
Side special -Spear Rain-: changes to the wizard head and increase physical and projectile attacks and decrease defense x2 the attacks comes from the sky you could position the area where the spear would fall the more you hold the side special the more spears fall from the sky also the head part would be in electricity when using the side special so don't go for the head when the attack is used.
https://www.mariowiki.com/images/0/0a/RPG_Spear_Rain.png
Up special -Random spell-: changes to the treasure head and increase defense and decrease projectile attacks the head opens shows a random element that could cause an affect for 10 seconds or less depending on how close you are to Smithy when the up special was used the affects are:
-poison effect and give them the "ouch" expression.
-fear affect which would cut their attack and defense in half and give them the surprised expression.
-mute affect which would cause them to not use any attack just moving around and jumping and sheilding and dodging.
-scarecrow affect which would transfom them into scarecrow and they would be unable to move but just sheild
also i have to mention the way you recover with this attack is lets say magnet, the top part of the head would be in the sky while you are falling then you would go upward to close the treasure head
https://www.mariowiki.com/images/2/27/Smithy5.gif
Down special -Shredder+Recover-: changes to the mask head and increase defense x2 and decrease physical and projectile attacks this is not actually an attack that deals damage its similar to joker or incineroar but without doing any damage and it heals you instead and also eliminates all beneficial status effects from the one that attacked while you while using the down special so characters like :ultwiifittrainer::ultjoker::ultshulk::ulthero::ultincineroar::ultlucario::ultike::ultcloud: are at disadvantage
https://www.mariowiki.com/images/c/c3/Smithy4.gif
Down smash -Sledge-: similar to Bayonetta i think you can easily picture it in your mind
https://www.mariowiki.com/images/0/00/RPG_Sledge.png
in his other attacks he uses Mega drain and meteor swarm and also uses his finger gun and the hammer.
there is something i also have to point out, to go back to his regular form you need to taunt just like kirby it will bring back his stats back to normal since he isnt using the other forms until you use a special move
https://www.mariowiki.com/images/2/29/Smithy.gif
writing this actually made me a bit tired but it was worth it so for the rest of the attacks i want you to think that it would be a mix between King dedede and Bayonetta and both of them are the sexiest characters in smash lol
alright
Final smash -Exor invasion-: Exor falls from sky and throws up collection of attacks such as flame stones dropping from sky and bolts and the ground is being used blast on which launches you upward and solidify which would freeze you and the final smash will end with corona as the last attack
victory screen? hmm....
i want this
i drew it back in 2016
but a guy can dream right?
Smithy would be a cool character, but he would also be a amazing boss as well.

False equivalence with Banjo. If the option was "Banjo in Smash, or a Banjo-Kazooie remaster", would you REALLLLLLY take a remaster of a game you already played, over brand new content that will almost definitely result in renewed interest in the character and increased revival potential?

The question wasn't "Geno in Smash or Geno gets a new game/games", the question was "Geno in Smash or SMRPG remaster", which IMO, is kinda pointless. I mean, FANS could easily make a SMRPG remaster.
Choosing a remaster of one of the first two games over Banjo & Kazooie in Smash? Hell no! Choosing Banjo-Threeie over Banjo & Kazooie in Smash? Yes, yes I would.

This seems like goalpost shifting then, because everytime I brought up the Kaptain K. Rool spirit, i'd get a lecture from conspiritsy theorist about how "uhh Kaptain K Rool and Smash k rool are different characters" It's why I made that joke earlier, because I have actually seen people argue that.
It's funny you say that as the description in K. Rool's Brawl trophy says Kaptain K. Rool was King K. Rool's brother lol!

I think in the booklet for DKC2 he may be referred to as King K. Rool's brother, but I'm not quite sure about that to be honest.

Edit: Nvmd. That brother comment was apparently in the trophy description for K. Rool in Brawl. Not sure if that's cannon or not though.. Seems very confusing when looking into it.
To be clear, Kaptain K. Rool is indeed in fact King K. Rool. When he pulls his Neutral Special the Blunderbuss out, he is wearing the Kaptain's hat.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I'm don't get some of you guys being OK with Geno as a bonus fighter a la :ultpiranha:. I get being fine with no stage, but Geno being a bonus fighter would also mean no extra music tracks, which means no Beware The Forest Mushrooms. That song is pretty much synonymous with the character, so it'd be a huge missed opprotunity to have Geno but not also have what has effectively become his main theme, and I don't feel that Sakurai is the kind of guy to do stuff like that.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Not at all related to fake 4chan leaks, but I just woke up from a Smash-related dream where I had a freaking galaxy brain moment. I was skeptical waking up, like, "That's not true, though, right?" but when I double-checked the timing... it absolutely is.

>The NoA source posts the starling some time before the release of Hero
>Hero releases, Geno Mii costume is MIA
>A short while after the fact, the source doubles down and says that it is, indeed, a hint of something coming

Take it with a grain of salt, but I find that timing particularly interesting...

Firox

Smash Master
Alright ladies and gentlemen, this "spirits deconfirm" argument has gotten me so tired of responding that I've gone and created the ultimate resource to shut it down

https://imgur.com/a/U9ZrQrG

Behold, every single character who appears in multiple spirits, including some that are literally marked as being the same character wearing a slightly different outfit. If Mario (Tennis) can be in the game then they can change the current Geno spirit to Geno (Super Mario RPG). Prove me wrong. You can't.
You know, that's a really good point. If Geno gets into smash, there's a 99% chance that Sakurai will give him at least a little bit of an aesthetic overhaul. His cape could have a design embroidered into it or the fraying could be a lot more detailed like Ike's and Krool's capes. The wood of his body could have grains added to it, and who knows what else they could do. That said, they could just as easily add a new spirit for the "modern" Geno and leave the current spirit as the "vintage" one. After that, the rest of the DLC spirits could be Smithy (could easily see a DDD spirit battle for that one) and the various bosses like Bowyer, Mack, Yaridovich and the Axem Rangers. Easy squeezy. Honestly, to claim that spirits are a hard deconfirm this early is to have almost no imagination.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm don't get some of you guys being OK with Geno as a bonus fighter a la :ultpiranha:. I get being fine with no stage, but Geno being a bonus fighter would also mean no extra music tracks, which means no Beware The Forest Mushrooms. That song is pretty much synonymous with the character, so it'd be a huge missed opprotunity to have Geno but not also have what has effectively become his main theme, and I don't feel that Sakurai is the kind of guy to do stuff like that.
To put it like this: It would be better to just have Geno alone without nothing else whether than not have him at all.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Not at all related to fake 4chan leaks, but I just woke up from a Smash-related dream where I had a freaking galaxy brain moment. I was skeptical waking up, like, "That's not true, though, right?" but when I double-checked the timing... it absolutely is.

>The NoA source posts the starling some time before the release of Hero
>Hero releases, Geno Mii costume is MIA
>A short while after the fact, the source doubles down and says that it is, indeed, a hint of something coming

Take it with a grain of salt, but I find that timing particularly interesting...
Oh no doubt. That has been on my mind ever since, but never wanted to bring it up. Now that you bring it up, however, the timing is REALLY convenient. Let's also slap on the SNES controller for the Switch surfacing up for potential online SNES games.

Everything is slowly lining up.

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
All that really matters is if the character is playable or not. The music tracks are a good extra, but when there's already 900 music tracks and a good variety of Mario tracks are in the game then we don't need Super Mario RPG Music. It be cool to have but having Geno playable is way preferable even if sacrifices have to be made. We Cloud who only had two songs, but that doesn't matter because Cloud is playable.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So do you guys remember when Fatmanonice Fatmanonice said that Sabi's NoA source said there was going to be a very salt inducing thing in the next Direct that a lot of people will rage over? I wonder what that could be other than a Sora Mii costume as now pretty much the Square-Enix Mii costumes are definitely out of the way.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
So do you guys remember when Fatmanonice Fatmanonice said that Sabi's NoA source said there was going to be a very salt inducing thing in the next Direct that a lot of people will rage over? I wonder what that could be other than a Sora Mii costume as now pretty much the Square-Enix Mii costumes are definitely out of the way.
There is no way in Hell that a Sora Mii Costume would be a thing. I give Sakurai crap on some of his decisions, but there's no way anyone is dumb enough to do that. You got out of your way to negotiate with Disney to get access to one of their video game characters that's all about crossing over into other worlds from an extremely popular franchise and all you do with that is make a crappy Mii Costume? No, if Sakurai does that then he need to have a mental exam. Anyone on that team who said "Yeah, this is a good idea," needs to be examined.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I believe that was the rumor from early-July about Hero's video. It turned out that rumor was false and even Sabi herself dismissed it IIRC.

Although maybe Fatman can clarify the situation here if I'm missing anything.

vivala

Smash Journeyman
I believe that was the rumor from early-July about Hero's video. It turned out that rumor was false and even Sabi herself dismissed it IIRC.

Although maybe Fatman can clarify the situation here if I'm missing anything.
I thought that people concluded that the rumor was right and the salt was over Hero’s RNG

T2by4

Smash Lord
Warned for flaming other fanbases
There is no way in Hell that a Sora Mii Costume would be a thing. I give Sakurai crap on some of his decisions, but there's no way anyone is dumb enough to do that. You got out of your way to negotiate with Disney to get access to one of their video game characters that's all about crossing over into other worlds from an extremely popular franchise and all you do with that is make a crappy Mii Costume? No, if Sakurai does that then he need to have a mental exam. Anyone on that team who said "Yeah, this is a good idea," needs to be examined.
Having sora be a mii costume for Geno's reveal would be the greatest thing ever. Please sakurai, please do this. Sora fans deserve this fate.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Did they specify Smash direct or normal Direct? Because if it's a normal Direct it's probably Sword & Shield news.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Having sora be a mii costume for Geno's reveal would be the greatest thing ever. Please sakurai, please do this. Sora fans deserve this fate.
What did Sora fans do to deserve being a Mii costume over a playable character?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom