• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loog

Smash Apprentice
Yep, no starling. Sabi's old source pretty much spent yesterday hinting that the presentation was going to be God awful by mocking the new Pokemon designs and, sure enough... The hint's still active per his own words.
I'll be honest I don't understand why they bothered to give an anouncement for the trailer and just dropped it. Wasn't to many interesting things in it.

T2by4

Smash Lord
So just to confirm, the leaker is STILL saying the starling is a hint at something that is coming. It's been like 4 weeks, how is it that they are the ONLY ones that know and not a single other person has come out and said something by this point?

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I was being sarcastic guys... calm down. Guess I should have added a /s to show that.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I gotta say, it's a shame Nintendo won't let gamefreak have a break from pokemon. It seems clear they're pretty burnt out on it.
You can thank The Pokemon Company for that. Not Nintendo

So just to confirm, the leaker is STILL saying the starling is a hint at something that is coming. It's been like 4 weeks, how is it that they are the ONLY ones that know and not a single other person has come out and said something by this point?
Thats exactly whats makes me become a big question mark

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I'll be honest I don't understand why they bothered to give an anouncement for the trailer and just dropped it. Wasn't to many interesting things in it.
When they gave a two day advance announcement for this, I expected a mini Pokemon Direct or something a similar time length as Smash. I went to Gameexplain looking for the videos and was 'Wait, that's it?' They only have 2 videos, and one is just the Japanese version. So that was anticlimactic.

Compared to last year at this time where Smash revealed 5 characters.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Oh my gosh, you can star pms! Deconfirmation for Smashboards themselves, guys! :4pacman:

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
oh and did anyone see the part about PokeJobs that they just kinda tacked on the end of the tweets
https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1159105457069236226

They sound... Mildly interesting but also very tack-this-info-on-the-end worthy lmao

also arms rotom
I find it's exclusion from the english trailer very weird, considering it was showcased in the japanese one and seems like a pretty major feature.

MattX20

Smash Hero
It's just been a little over 3 weeks since the starling pic was posted, but given that the source said it was a hint of something coming soon, there is a chance we'll see what the hint is meant to be in the next week or two.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
It's just been a little over 3 weeks since the starling pic was posted, but given that the source said it was a hint of something coming soon, there is a chance we'll see what the hint is meant to be in the next week or two.
Only time will tell. In the meantime, let's sit back and enjoy the ride. We dodged another bullet today.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Which was basically said at the time the picture was posted lmao

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Man there's a lot of hate for these new Pokemon. I actually really like all of them. I always had a soft spot for Zigzagoon though. Galarian Weezing is amazing and I'm loving the new type combos so far in this game. Sword/Shield definitely has A LOT going against it but the new Pokemon are not the issue I think people are so burnt out on all the bad news they're just looking for things to complain about. Yes the new characters and team are whatever but what were you expecting there?

I am glad about no starling in this trailer. We're definitely not in the clear yet Genobros but it's actually looking pretty good for us. TBH tho I never really put much faith in the starling or any leaks but I still think it's looking good for us.

Also, I've never played Mother/Earthbound but I really want to since I know it inspired Toby Fox and I love Undertale/Deltarune. So I'd totally be cool with Porky making it in. Plus Ness and Lucas are my favorite characters to play as in Smash so there's a good precedent there for me personally at least

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I can potentially explain this:

1. I've talked about this before but supposedly Directs take on average a month to make and then typically several weeks of editing and post production.

2. Character Trailers 4 and 5 are more than likely done because big projects for animation studios are usually done in "blocks" and not one at a time. This is why, for example, a "season" of an animated show tends to be 13 to 26 episodes. Animation studios will either work on all the episodes with separate teams at the same time or do them one after the other until they're all complete and delivered as a "package" all at once. That said, 4 and 5 are probably out there in a metaphorical vault and Nintendo's simply holding onto them until the right time, just like TV studios do with TV episodes.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Man there's a lot of hate for these new Pokemon. I actually really like all of them. I always had a soft spot for Zigzagoon though. Galarian Weezing is amazing and I'm loving the new type combos so far in this game. Sword/Shield definitely has A LOT going against it but the new Pokemon are not the issue I think people are so burnt out on all the bad news they're just looking for things to complain about. Yes the new characters and team are whatever but what were you expecting there?
When they take out the core aspect of why people love Pokemon, people start looking for reasons why that's the case and when the Pokemon company say they did for improvements and if they do not look like improvements, that's when people have a problem.

I hope that has given you a bit more insight as to why people complain about Sword & Shields other stuff.
Personally they can do whatever they want with the game because I can't be bothered to care about Pokemon anymore after the direction they're going in.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I'm actually really hopeful that this means Geno is a Fighter Pass character, specifically the 4th. That'd be one hell of a get from the Fighter's Pass. It would be sweet and savory to by disproving multiple fan rules that have arisen over the past few months.

Plus, it'd ease the pain for the inevitable disappointment that Fighter Pass 5 will be

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
I'm actually really hopeful that this means Geno is a Fighter Pass character, specifically the 4th. That'd be one hell of a get from the Fighter's Pass. It would be sweet and savory to by disproving multiple fan rules that have arisen over the past few months.
Just imagine the speculation that will occur if the spirits "rule" gets broken

MissingGlitch

Smash Master

I am glad about no starling in this trailer. We're definitely not in the clear yet Genobros but it's actually looking pretty good for us. TBH tho I never really put much faith in the starling or any leaks but I still think it's looking good for us.

Also, I've never played Mother/Earthbound but I really want to since I know it inspired Toby Fox and I love Undertale/Deltarune. So I'd totally be cool with Porky making it in. Plus Ness and Lucas are my favorite characters to play as in Smash so there's a good precedent there for me personally at least
I honestly don't like the idea of giving regional exclusive Pokemon regional exclusive evolutions that the normal line doesn't get. Zigzagoon may never see that 3rd evolution outside Sword and Shield. Especially with how adamnet they are about cutting content now.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
Eh I guess I might as well chime in on the poketalk right now.

I was personally never a huge Pokemon fan except when it first started in the 90s. I never got into pkmn competitively, and while I did want to “catch em all” that goal died after g/s when it went from fun to a chore. I skipped the games until d/p, and then again until x/y. Idk if I’ll get sw/sh. For me personally the pkmn games have been in need of a massive overhaul in elements that would probably piss off the hardcore crowd if they were changed (drastic overhaul of the battle system and changing it so pkmn are no longer being limited to just a four move selection to...something, anything, else more engaging, not shallow like Go or anything, but something more interactive...)

I’m definitely in the casual pkmn group. From what I’ve been seeing, game freak can’t seem to recapture players like me, yet also can’t seem to please their hardcore pkmn fans anymore. I’m not quite sure how they could fix it either since some things that more casual players like me would enjoy definitely clash with some stuff the competitive ones want.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Just imagine the speculation that will occur if the spirits "rule" gets broken
The thing with that rule is it's more flexible than most fan rules if we only have two more characters left, As soon as the DLC is done and a new Smash Bros comes out, it'll go right back to square one and everyone will be saying "spirits deconfirm characters" yet again.

The only way for that rule to be broken is if another fighters pass is coming and we don't even know if that's even going to be happening.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Hangry boy is perfect and probably the only design from this showcase that I like... although I do see dapper top hat Dimmadome Weezing growing on me...

Zigzagoon's line, though, ugh. Zig itself is fine, I guess, but just... why? Why would you do that? What have you cretins done to my babies :upsidedown:

As for the starling thing, I'm personally not thinking much about it. The suspicious lack of a Mii costume, considering the unique circumstances behind Geno's, is what has me lifting a brow. I don't care if finding its omission odd makes me seem 'delusional' or 'like I'm reaching'. I can't deny how strange that is, even if it leads into nothing.

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
Alright now we gotta delete this month to be in September immediately xD
First we gotta wait for Banjo THEN we gotta wait for the September direct :(

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
The thing with that rule is it's more flexible than most fan rules if we only have two more characters left, As soon as the DLC is done and a new Smash Bros comes out, it'll go right back to square one and everyone will be saying "spirits deconfirm characters" yet again.

The only way for that rule to be broken is if another fighters pass is coming and we don't even know if that's even going to be happening.
Not necessarily if fighter #4 is from one of the spirits in WOL ... That would immediately break the "rule." It only takes one to break it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hangry boy is perfect and probably the only design from this showcase that I like... although I do see dapper top hat Dimmadome Weezing growing on me...

Zigzagoon's line, though, ugh. Zig itself is fine, I guess, but just... why? Why would you do that? What have you cretins done to my babies :upsidedown:

As for the starling thing, I'm personally not thinking much about it. The suspicious lack of a Mii costume, considering the unique circumstances behind Geno's, is what has me lifting a brow. I don't care if finding its omission odd makes me seem 'delusional' or 'like I'm reaching'. I can't deny how strange that is, even if it leads into nothing.
I personally thought the Zigzagoon line was so mediocre I never bothered with them, but I may get these new KISS ones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom