• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Now I know that the starling didn't feature in this pokemon trailer, but make sure you don't get too positive! Wouldn't want to have to get reminded. :p

riggsbass

Smash Apprentice
I posted this on GameFaqs but to curb the conversation back to DLC speculation...

I'm thinking that one of the last two is going to be either Porky or Geno.

Porky because of the evidence stacked in his favor (no spirits or references throughout the game despite being the quintessential villian in TWO Smash fighters' games) and with the 30th anniversary of the series there doesn't seem like a better time. Not to mention that really cool speculative leak screensht of Ness seeing Giygas from a few months ago. Unsure if that was disproven but it looked convincing. His moveset would probably have something to do with his mech, and if Giygas was his final smash that'd truly make him top tier for me, right away.

Geno is my personal pick forever, and I'm hopeful based on all of the different rumors and theories that have been showing up. He's also the last of the "never gonna happen" squad and I think his chances are better than they've ever been. There's insider rumors related to him, Sakurai has mentioned him and to my knowledge the Geno costume sold well (and had its own splash screen!!!), and the lack of a costume with Hero (chocobo as well) make me think they're holding out for a reason. If he doesn't make it, I still hope we get the costume back. I can't imagine they'd take away both of those options for the "Ultimate" smash game.

In my dreams, it'd be both. It'd be a great way to announce the revival of either character (Geno in a SMRPG remaster/remake or his own game, Porky for an EB remaster/remake or Mother 3 localization) or even the release of SNES games on the Switch online catalog.

link2702

Smash Champion
Damn the direct already happened?

Didn’t pay attention to the times, didn’t think it was that early here...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Yep, no starling. Sabi's old source pretty much spent yesterday hinting that the presentation was going to be God awful by mocking the new Pokemon designs and, sure enough... The hint's still active per his own words.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I was too lazy too read through like 12 pages to catch up with you guys. Lol! You guys move too fast for me.

And we were worried because....? Although that infamous leak is all but confirmed after this trailer.

EDIT: The Pokemon one that called out Team Yell, Bede, Marline, etc.
What leak?

I posted this on GameFaqs but to curb the conversation back to DLC speculation...

Porky because of the evidence stacked in his favor (no spirits or references throughout the game despite being the quintessential villian in TWO Smash fighters' games) and with the 30th anniversary of the series there doesn't seem like a better time. Not to mention that really cool speculative leak screensht of Ness seeing Giygas from a few months ago. Unsure if that was disproven but it looked convincing. His moveset would probably have something to do with his mech, and if Giygas was his final smash that'd truly make him top tier for me, right away.

Geno is my personal pick forever, and I'm hopeful based on all of the different rumors and theories that have been showing up. He's also the last of the "never gonna happen" squad and I think his chances are better than they've ever been. There's insider rumors related to him, Sakurai has mentioned him and to my knowledge the Geno costume sold well (and had its own splash screen!!!), and the lack of a costume with Hero (chocobo as well) make me think they're holding out for a reason. If he doesn't make it, I still hope we get the costume back. I can't imagine they'd take away both of those options for the "Ultimate" smash game.

In my dreams, it'd be both. It'd be a great way to announce the revival of either character (Geno in a SMRPG remaster/remake or his own game, Porky for an EB remaster/remake or Mother 3 localization) or even the release of SNES games on the Switch online catalog.
Yes! Another Porky supporter.

There is these facts or say points going into Porky's favor as well:

1. The Absolute Safe Capsule Spirit in the game is the empty sprite version instead of the version where Porky is inside.

2. All the other Subspace Emissary bosses all have Spirits and half of them somewhat having a major role in Ultimate where's Porky is just completely MIA.

3. 30th anniversary of the Mother series coming just like you already said.

4. Giygas not having a Spirit just like you already said.

5. No Mother enemies relating to Porky as Spirits in the game such as the various types of Pig Mask soldiers.

6. Porky could be a promotion for a potential Mother 3 localization coming to the west.

7. Year of the Pig.

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord

Are you me? This is exactly what I thought as well. Although all evidence has shown that this season pass will ONLY be third party reps not represented in Smash. Porky or Geno or hopefully both will be a bonus DLC. I think Porky is a lock, I'm just hoping they consider Geno as well...

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Yep, no starling. Sabi's old source pretty much spent yesterday hinting that the presentation was going to be God awful by mocking the new Pokemon designs and, sure enough... The hint's still active per his own words.
In the timeless words of one Abraham Lincoln:
Abraham Lincoln said:
Party on, dudes!

Last edited:

Elmorethemagician

Smash Journeyman
Are you me? This is exactly what I thought as well. Although all evidence has shown that this season pass will ONLY be third party reps now represented in Smash. Porky or Geno or hopefully both will be a bonus DLC. I think Porky is a lock, I'm just hoping they consider Geno as well...
I hope Porky gets in.... it would be awesome, same thing with Geno

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Are you me? This is exactly what I thought as well. Although all evidence has shown that this season pass will ONLY be third party reps now represented in Smash. Porky or Geno or hopefully both will be a bonus DLC. I think Porky is a lock, I'm just hoping they consider Geno as well...
I hope Porky gets in.... it would be awesome, same thing with Geno
Finally! More people besides myself that thinks Porky is happening. :cry:

Dynamic Worlok

So the starling thing wasn't in the pokemon update... Is it happening fellas?
Until further notice, I think a reasonable amount of happening is acceptable.
Do we know about any other stuff in the pipeline it might be related to?

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
And to think guys if Porky get's in, than Yoshi and Captain Falcon would be the only 64 characters left without their villains. 10 out of the original 12 would have their antagonist in Smash's roster.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Christ, these new Pokemon games looks like dog****. Team Yell? Really? It's like they looked at Team Skull and said "Well, people like how adorably ineffective they are at times, so what if we made this new team ACTUALLY MENTALLY IMPARED?" Seriously, these guys are so obnoxious looking. Who looked at these designs and thought this looked good? And then there's the new Pokemon, whose designs are so hit or miss I can't even believe they got past the planning stages. And for some reason, we can't get an evolution for Pokemon like Flygon or Luxray, but we can get not only a regional variant of Zigzagoon and Linoone, but a whole new evolution for said regional variant of Linoone. And holy ****, that new Pikachu-esque Pokemon is so bad. Why the hell do we need a new Pikachu for every generation when Pikachu is almost always available?!

I guess the only good thing to come out of this is the lack of Starlings, so it might still have something to do with Geno maybe.

Dynamic Worlok

I gotta say, it's a shame Nintendo won't let gamefreak have a break from pokemon. It seems clear they're pretty burnt out on it.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Christ, these new Pokemon games looks like dog****. Team Yell? Really? It's like they looked at Team Skull and said "Well, people like how adorably ineffective they are at times, so what if we made this new team ACTUALLY MENTALLY IMPARED?" Seriously, these guys are so obnoxious looking. Who looked at these designs and thought this looked good? And then there's the new Pokemon, whose designs are so hit or miss I can't even believe they got past the planning stages. And for some reason, we can't get an evolution for Pokemon like Flygon or Luxray, but we can get not only a regional variant of Zigzagoon and Linoone, but a whole new evolution for said regional variant of Linoone. And holy ****, that new Pikachu-esque Pokemon is so bad. Why the hell do we need a new Pikachu for every generation when Pikachu is almost always available?!

I guess the only good thing to come out of this is the lack of Starlings, so it might still have something to do with Geno maybe.
Hey man I can understand not liking **** but maybe don’t make jokes about mental impairment. Just kind of makes you look ****ty than selling your argument.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Wait, so there were no starling Pokemon in the new trailer for Sword and Shield?

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Finally! More people besides myself that thinks Porky is happening. :cry:
I am baffled that he is missing in Ultimate. His Brawl boss fight didn't come back for some reason. He doesn't have a spirit despite having a perfect playable character to use (Wario). Even Buzz Buzz got a spirit!

But I can't see him going over with people if he was in the fighter pass. I love Earthbound, but I don't think Porky will be met with positivity from the Smash fanbase.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
The Starling Saga continues!
Fire Embelm is off the table. Pokemon is off the table. These were two of the three biggest posiblities along side the starling pic. At least, to our speculation.
I think we may actually be looking at a Smash hint.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
And to think guys if Porky get's in, than Yoshi and Captain Falcon would be the only 64 characters left without their villains. 10 out of the original 12 would have their antagonist in Smash's roster.
I mean technically you could count bowser jr as yoshi’s villain. Baby bowser and jr are close enough.

Unless of course you were wanting kamek, and who knows, we got a piranha plant for a character, so we can’t rule out a magikoop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom