• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Anyways~ The list of fan favorite characters that have become playable, assist trophies, and Mii costumes is kind of ridiculous. For this game alone, you had: Nia, Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Chibi Robo, Custom Robo, Saki, Isaac, Lip, Rex, Black Knight, Bomberman. Knuckles, Nikki, Krystal, Shovel Knight, Sukapon, Tiki, Zero, Inkling, Ridley, Daisy, Simon, Chrom, Dark Samus, K. Rool, and Isabelle. At this point, it really does feel like Geno is missing, especially when a good chunk of these characters have had notable fanbases since Brawl or even before.

I_DON'T_KNOW_YOU! I_DON'T_KNOW_YOU! Potentially. Seems like there's doubts that the potential news isn't as grand as once thought.

Last edited:

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Anyways~ The list of fan favorite characters that have become playable, assist trophies, and Mii costumes is kind of ridiculous. For this game alone, you had: Nia, Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Chibi Robo, Custom Robo, Saki, Isaac, Lip, Rex, Black Knight, Bomberman. Knuckles, Nikki, Krystal, Shovel Knight, Sukapon, Tiki, Zero, Inkling, Ridley, Daisy, Simon, Chrom, Dark Samus, K. Rool, and Isabelle. At this point, it really does feel like Geno is missing, especially when a good chunk of these characters have had notable fanbases since Brawl or even before.
I'm still sad there was none Adventure Island Spirits at least, God damn Konami :'(

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Even though Shovel Knight isn't playable, the fact this indie character is an assist trophy (poor Commander Video didn't even return and he was a trophy last game) is pretty inspiring regardless.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
In regards to the character discussion, the Advance Wars Assist Trophy being gone is the reason why I have hope for Andy in the Fighters Pass. Well that among other things like the lack of a Mii Costume to substitute (like how Saki & Ray got one), no music tracks, and several of it's main characters missing from the Spirit lineup. Considering the Infantry & Tanks AT was a perfect attendee before Ultimate, I believe something is fishy. I have other things that lead me to believe this is a possibility but I don't want to derail this thread lol.

It's a small chance but I think Andy might make it in provided there's an Advance Wars revival on the horizon (fingers & toes crossed). Should Geno be revealed for DLC, it would give me a lot of hope for Andy making in the Pass. I know they're not the same situation but it would prove that being a Spirit doesn't have to be the end for a character.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Ok, listen here, bud. I never said the entire roster was fan favorites. I specifically said that before listing off that stuff. I never said the game was perfect and, fun fact, Incineroar and Piranha Plant were Sakurai's personal choices. It's only fair he gets to pick over Decidueye or something else. Those assist trophies are well requested but you can see a huge difference in popularity between K Rool, Banjo, Ridley, and Geno when they're on tons of fan polls and request videos. Isaac, sorry to say this and I'm sure he is popular, but I have almost never seen him on previously mentioned polls or videos as much as these other characters. Geno sets a completely different bar when the head honcho straight up talks about wanting him on two separate occasions. THAT'S why it wouldn't feel Ultimate. So don't try and spit on the obvious because, Mr Realistic Pessimism, we are going to get two more heavy duty characters because no one is going to want to buy Gex and Bubsy if they haven't already bought the pass. So maybe you should open your eyes and actually read what I said next time.

In the words of a great chef: "Get served."

Bonus: You want me to go over the assist trophies too while I'm at it? I will certainly go through each and every one if I have to get a point-and-click to work on your conscious.

I apologise if that sounds aggressive but your argument has no ground because you skimmed through the statement. Learn to debate better, dude.
Of course the last two fighters are gonna be heavy because it's only going to be third party characters, but it ain't gonna be Geno and just like Joker they're probably not gonna be that heavily requested. But because their third party characters they're going to be heavy characters regardless who they are whether it's Doomguy, Ryu Hayabusa, Sol Badguy, Scorpion, Dante, Leon Kennedy, Flynn from SMT IV, Akira, Monster Hunter, Yuri, Lloyd, Heihachi, or someone from Soul Calibur. Any third party character would be huge, just like Hero. If Sakurai really wanted Geno to be in Smash Bros Ultimate then it would've happen already instead of him just being a Spirit.

Also don't bring up how no one wants to buy duds of characters when Sakurai is selling Piranha Plant for $5 on the eShop. Doesn't matter that it was free for a few months, Sakurai believe that character is worth around 10% of the base game.

As for Assist Trophies each one is garbage and was a waste of development time.

I mean If he didn't we wouldn't have Banjo plus smash wouldn't be smash if we only got fan favorites in my opinion.
... that makes no sense at all. Smash Bros is all about including fan favorite characters, but if that's the case then Geno really shouldn't be in since we got enough fan favorite characters so let's put in more generic enemies in instead.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Doodle time before bed, also to test some Clip Studio brushes I grabbed. They all felt really nice!

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Of course the last two fighters are gonna be heavy because it's only going to be third party characters, but it ain't gonna be Geno and just like Joker they're probably not gonna be that heavily requested. But because their third party characters they're going to be heavy characters regardless who they are whether it's Doomguy, Ryu Hayabusa, Sol Badguy, Scorpion, Dante, Leon Kennedy, Flynn from SMT IV, Akira, Monster Hunter, Yuri, Lloyd, Heihachi, or someone from Soul Calibur. Any third party character would be huge, just like Hero. If Sakurai really wanted Geno to be in Smash Bros Ultimate then it would've happen already instead of him just being a Spirit.

Also don't bring up how no one wants to buy duds of characters when Sakurai is selling Piranha Plant for $5 on the eShop. Doesn't matter that it was free for a few months, Sakurai believe that character is worth around 10% of the base game.

You're really confident, aren't you? Like, reallllllllly confident in all the bs you let slip out. You don't have any clue who's on the Fighter's Pass! Unless you're Sakurai himself, you don't dictate who's on the Fighter's Pass, so stop acting like your word is law.

Assist Trophies are great, mind you. It's better than nothing and some of them are huge honors, like Shovel Knight. That development team's indie protagonist made it into SMASH BROS! That's an accomplishment regardless of if he's playable or not! Assist Trophy is better than no trophy and they were NOT a waste of time. All these characters hold a place in someone's heart and although they didn't make the cut this time, that doesn't mean they won't get their chance some other day. Look at Little Mac and Dark Samus, for example. It shows people DO care and Sakurai does what he can, the best he can. Cut the man some f****** slack and get over yourself.

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Doodle time before bed, also to test some Clip Studio brushes I grabbed. They all felt really nice!

There was a problem fetching the tweet
These are really nice! I love how expressive your drawings are!

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What does "This ain't it chief" mean? The first time I heard it was during the projared controversy with Peanutbutter Gamer

Last edited:

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
Is there not a character from a really bad game that I can say without somebody liking them, lol? How about I say the Noid? Cool Spot?
.....Maybe we just shouldn't talk to each other :4pacman:

I'd say the guy who says "Yes" in Far Cry 5. Show me one person who is a fan of his lol

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
It’s so weird for me when I see people dislike the assist trophies because I love them. I’m one the people who get happy if a character makes it in as an assist trophy instead of not at all. I wanted shovel knight and when he became an assist I was like “aw man, but it’s cool he’s at least an AT”, and now when he comes out I have a good time.

Just the idea of ATs in general, I just think they’re so much fun. Now that you can actually attack them back it’s like they have personalities, kinda like assists in MvC or Dragonball fighters.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
What does "This ain't it chief" mean? The first time I heard it was during the projared controversy with Peanutbutter Gamer
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, but it's more or less what it directly means. Whatever you're looking for, this isn't it. I'd say it adds extra flavor and context by sort of stating, "Well this is most definitely not what you're looking for and might be a little crazy for considering the possibility" or "You really are behaving in a bad way that this situation does not really permit."

That's my bad attempt to explain it. Like if people say video games cause violence, "This ain't it chief" works spectacularly haha.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
You're really confident, aren't you? Like, reallllllllly confident in all the bs you let slip out. You don't have any clue who's on the Fighter's Pass! Unless you're Sakurai himself, you don't dictate who's on the Fighter's Pass, so stop acting like your word is law.

Assist Trophies are great, mind you. It's better than nothing and some of them are huge honors, like Shovel Knight. That development team's indie protagonist made it into SMASH BROS! That's an accomplishment regardless of if he's playable or not! Assist Trophy is better than no trophy and they were NOT a waste of time. All these characters hold a place in someone's heart and although they didn't make the cut this time, that doesn't mean they won't get their chance some other day. Look at Little Mac and Dark Samus, for example. It shows people DO care and Sakurai does what he can, the best he can. Cut the man some f****** slack and get over yourself.
And you don't know anything about the last two fighters either yet you're confident that Geno is going to make it in. I'm making my guess based on all the evidence that we have and the direction things are going, I feel confident in who's not getting in Smash Bros.

Nothing would be better than Assist Trophies. An indie character get's to be an NPC in Smash Bros, who cares? What does that do? What does Shovel Knight cameo even do for Smash Bros Ultimate in terms of value? This is a fighting game where the main appeal is getting to play as your favorite character, not watching a 15 second puppet show that happens at random. The thing I enjoy about video games is playing it, not watching the game getting to exclusively control the character that I want to play as. NPCs are worthless editions in fighting games. They're inclusion means nothing, especially seeing how the game doesn't let you decide on what Assist you get to use. Also how very cute of you to say that they'll get another chance someday, but let's look at the big picture, there is about 75 characters in Smash Bros Ultimate and only 3 character were Assist Trophies and 2 of them are clones of other fighters (Dark Samus & Isabelle). Sakurai stated that Assist Trophies are his way of including characters that he believe can't work as fighters and that statement still rings true seeing how Little Mac only got upgraded because of the Punch-Out Wii game and Dark Samus & Isabelle are base on existing fighters. So that means every character that is currently an Assist Trophy has no merit to be in the roster from Sakurai's eyes. I rather they just don't make the characters at all instead of having Sakurai telling me that these character are worth less than Piranha Plant. Development could've gone anywhere else but instead they wasted it on a system where people first reaction to reveals are "NO!" It's garbage and I shouldn't change my views on it just Sakurai's sake.

Robertroid

Smash Apprentice
In regards to the character discussion, the Advance Wars Assist Trophy being gone is the reason why I have hope for Andy in the Fighters Pass. Well that among other things like the lack of a Mii Costume to substitute (like how Saki & Ray got one), no music tracks, and several of it's main characters missing from the Spirit lineup. Considering the Infantry & Tanks AT was a perfect attendee before Ultimate, I believe something is fishy. I have other things that lead me to believe this is a possibility but I don't want to derail this thread lol.

It's a small chance but I think Andy might make it in provided there's an Advance Wars revival on the horizon (fingers & toes crossed). Should Geno be revealed for DLC, it would give me a lot of hope for Andy making in the Pass. I know they're not the same situation but it would prove that being a Spirit doesn't have to be the end for a character.
I pray with you man! I reaaally pry with you.
Although, I feel Sami is a much better fit than Andy. I mean she's a commando-alike soldier who knows hand-to-hand combat, way more cool than the boy holding two wrenches and not knowing what an airport is, lol.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
It’s so weird for me when I see people dislike the assist trophies because I love them. I’m one the people who get happy if a character makes it in as an assist trophy instead of not at all. I wanted shovel knight and when he became an assist I was like “aw man, but it’s cool he’s at least an AT”, and now when he comes out I have a good time.

Just the idea of ATs in general, I just think they’re so much fun. Now that you can actually attack them back it’s like they have personalities, kinda like assists in MvC or Dragonball fighters.
You miss the mark on that one. In MvC and FighterZ you get to control who is assisting you, so it feels like you build up a good team and there's more interaction because you to control when they show up. That's not the case for Assist Trophies, you get no options. You can't choose who you get, went to use them or where to summon them. It takes all control out of your hands so instead of it feeling like they're helping you out it's more like a Ready Player One cameo, meaningless, especially seeing how you can get Assist that can screw you over like Nightmare and Skull Kid.

Loog

Smash Apprentice
... that makes no sense at all. Smash Bros is all about including fan favorite characters, but if that's the case then Geno really shouldn't be in since we got enough fan favorite characters so let's put in more generic enemies in instead.
I mean it is a mix of both fan favorites and more out there stuff makes it kind of fun to not know what your always gonna get. sure fan favorites are great but there should be room for character we never thought of asking for.

QQS

Smash Lord
I was thinking this. Am I right?

Given the fact that our boy has the Mushroom Logo as a Spirit, it means that they acknowledge him as part of the Mario saga. I thought for example that Geno can be independent, like Yoshi or Wario who has their own logos/sagas, their own autonomy, but that is because those 2 are their own heroes in their own worlds, not like Geno, who is a Side Character, but with the Mario logo. What I mean, is that Geno totally makes sense with the Mushroom logo, being part of Mario’s world; rather than having a SMRPG logo, which I thought before.

Also, correct me if I’m wrong, but Reggie said that DLC Fighter Pass would be people from Non-Represented sagas, maybe characters from sagas that aren’t Assists, Spirits and Fighters currently, of course.

With that being said, Geno couldn’t be part of the FP cause he is already “represented”, same way for example Skull Kid, Knuckles, Shadow, and thousand more. With that logic: Joker, Hero and Banjo brought completely new material to the game.

So my point is, probably Geno (if we take Reggie literally), not gonna be part of the FP; cause he is already represented (being from Mario saga, and/or being a spirit). Others could say that he can be DLC character 4 or 5 from SMRPG own world, which I doubt cause he has the Mario logo in his spirit, so Smash already recognize him as part of Mario World, where he belongs.

Said that, actually for me is way more probably that our boy will be announced as a BONUS DLC (in between characters) or maybe after the Pass; to begin (Plant) and conclude (Geno) the DLC with Mario characters.

In conclusion, I still think our boy will be a FIGHTER, but not in the Fighter Pass. Sakurai is saving Geno for the last moment to close the roster. It wouldnt make sense to announce him after Banjo or in a couple of weeks. They have to overcome the previous characters and I think that ONLY GENO has that power now :)

I think that our boy has so much in his favor like never before: story demand, claimed songs and lack of Mii costume. I don’t think that Spirits deconfirm, I just think that he fits better (under Reggie words) as a Fighter from Mario Saga, so after the Pass. I think the only thing that would kill Geno, is adding the costume later; but now, he is more alive than ever :)

EDIT: English is not my first language.

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
You think sakurai had geno fans in mind when making PLANT. Im genuinly curious if he thought it was going to go well with them.

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
And you don't know anything about the last two fighters either yet you're confident that Geno is going to make it in. I'm making my guess based on all the evidence that we have and the direction things are going, I feel confident in who's not getting in Smash Bros.

Nothing would be better than Assist Trophies. An indie character get's to be an NPC in Smash Bros, who cares? What does that do? What does Shovel Knight cameo even do for Smash Bros Ultimate in terms of value? This is a fighting game where the main appeal is getting to play as your favorite character, not watching a 15 second puppet show that happens at random. The thing I enjoy about video games is playing it, not watching the game getting to exclusively control the character that I want to play as. NPCs are worthless editions in fighting games. They're inclusion means nothing, especially seeing how the game doesn't let you decide on what Assist you get to use. Also how very cute of you to say that they'll get another chance someday, but let's look at the big picture, there is about 75 characters in Smash Bros Ultimate and only 3 character were Assist Trophies and 2 of them are clones of other fighters (Dark Samus & Isabelle). Sakurai stated that Assist Trophies are his way of including characters that he believe can't work as fighters and that statement still rings true seeing how Little Mac only got upgraded because of the Punch-Out Wii game and Dark Samus & Isabelle are base on existing fighters. So that means every character that is currently an Assist Trophy has no merit to be in the roster from Sakurai's eyes. I rather they just don't make the characters at all instead of having Sakurai telling me that these character are worth less than Piranha Plant. Development could've gone anywhere else but instead they wasted it on a system where people first reaction to reveals are "NO!" It's garbage and I shouldn't change my views on it just Sakurai's sake.
This is such a great example of an agree to disagree, we probably play for different reasons and in different ways and neither of us is wrong. I love them, It’s like you’re fighting together for a short period of time. I actually wish they had AT dlc just as like free updates with every major version.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman

Given the fact that our boy has the Mushroom Logo as a Spirit, it means that they acknowledge him as part of the Mario saga. I thought for example that Geno can be independent, like Yoshi or Wario who has their own logos/sagas, their own autonomy, but that is because those 2 are their own heroes in their own worlds, not like Geno, who is a Side Character, but with the Mario logo. What I mean, is that Geno totally makes sense with the Mushroom logo, being part of Mario’s world; rather than having a SMRPG logo, which I thought before.

Also, correct me if I’m wrong, but Reggie said that DLC Fighter Pass would be people from Non-Represented sagas, maybe characters from sagas that aren’t Assists, Spirits and Fighters currently, of course.

With that being said, Geno couldn’t be part of the FP cause he is already “represented”, same way for example Skull Kid, Knuckles, Shadow, and thousand more. With that logic: Joker, Hero and Banjo brought completely new material to the game.

So my point is, probably Geno (if we take Reggie literally), not gonna be part of the FP; cause he is already represented (being from Mario saga, and/or being a spirit). Others could say that he can be DLC character 4 or 5 from SMRPG own world, which I doubt cause he has the Mario logo in his spirit, so Smash already recognize him as part of Mario World, where he belongs.

Said that, actually for me is way more probably that our boy will be announced as a BONUS DLC (in between characters) or maybe after the Pass; to begin (Plant) and conclude (Geno) the DLC with Mario characters.

In conclusion, I still think our boy will be a FIGHTER, but not in the Fighter Pass. Sakurai is saving Geno for the last moment to close the roster. It wouldnt make sense to announce him after Banjo or in a couple of weeks. They have to overcome the previous characters and I think that ONLY GENO has that power now :)

I think that our boy has so much in his favor like never before: story demand, claimed songs and lack of Mii costume. I don’t think that Spirits deconfirm, I just think that he fits better (under Reggie words) as a Fighter from Mario Saga, so after the Pass. I think the only thing that would kill Geno, is adding the costume later; but now, he is more alive than ever :)

I kind of think that might happen also. Mainly because there is a extra stage on the stage select screen.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord

Personally, that logic is kind of simple minded. First off, I don't recall saying Geno is guaranteed. I said he makes the most sense and it'd feel wrong to not include him. I never said he was guaranteed to be a fighter.

Secondly, your opinion on assist trophies is correct. What value does a Shovel Knight cameo have for Smash Bros? Nothing. However, Shovel Knight being in Smash as an assist has value to other people. He's an indie character, which, unless you live under a rock, is kind of a big deal. Indie games are made constantly nowadays and although his cameo may have no value to Smash, it does have value to other indie developers. If Shovel Knight can be in Smash, who says other smaller producers can't? You may see his appearance as an assist as a puppet show but by god is it taking one big step for the little guys. Evidentially you're too focused on the Smash side of things and the negatives than at the positives, which outweigh the negatives. Having a character you enjoy appear in that beautiful HD is better than nothing and at least Sakurai considered them for that role. You could be like poor Ubisoft and Wayforward who didn't even get an assist and just got pngs. Assist trophies may disappoint some people but they are not nearly as bad as you're trying to make it sound.

Bob-Omber

Smash Cadet
In the corner drinking a frosty with a straw

In the spirit list they list his spirit as part of the Super Mario RPG: Legend of the seven stars series instead of just the mario series so he might still be considered different enough. This also is the case with Mallow too

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Reggie only said something like the fighter pass characters being new and unexpected, and that Joker is emblematic of their approach; he said nothing about non-fighter representation nor anything about franchises. Depending on how you interpret that, Geno could still be part of the pass.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, but it's more or less what it directly means. Whatever you're looking for, this isn't it. I'd say it adds extra flavor and context by sort of stating, "Well this is most definitely not what you're looking for and might be a little crazy for considering the possibility" or "You really are behaving in a bad way that this situation does not really permit."

That's my bad attempt to explain it. Like if people say video games cause violence, "This ain't it chief" works spectacularly haha.
I mean where did it come from? Is it a reference to something?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I pray with you man! I reaaally pry with you.
Although, I feel Sami is a much better fit than Andy. I mean she's a commando-alike soldier who knows hand-to-hand combat, way more cool than the boy holding two wrenches and not knowing what an airport is, lol.
Hey man i'll take anything I can get at this point lol. Even though Andy is my preferred pick, I would accept Sami. I just really want Advance Wars to get a character in Smash Ultimate.

That being said though, Sami isn't present as a spirit so it's weird. Maybe that goes in her favor or should Andy get in Smash, become apart of the DLC Spirit Board.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Can someone give me a TLDR on whats going on?
Just back to speculation. Not a whole lot has happened today. Many just many of us theory crafting multiple routes that lead to playable character, mii costume or nothing at all.

Also a lot of awesome art from Ovaltine Ovaltine , Dynamic Worlok Dynamic Worlok and Slender Slender 's with his Club Penguin Geno

Hey man i'll take anything I can get at this point lol. Even though Andy is my preferred pick, I would accept Sami. I just really want Advance Wars to get a character in Smash Ultimate.

That being said though, Sami isn't present as a spirit so it's weird. Maybe that goes in her favor or should Andy get in Smash, become apart of the DLC Spirit Board.
Would Sami as an echo of Alex (or vice versa) work for an Advance Wars character?

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
The extra stage on the Stage Select screen is something to consider, yes.

6 slots free for DLC, so each for the five of the Pass + bonus dlc, probably Forest Maze Stage, and the select screen would be a perfect square.

I don’t think there will be another Fighter Pass, but it would be nice to see a Nintendo Pass for 5 new guys. But I do see Geno happening as a Piranha DLC way. It’s just a matter of time, Sakurai won’t close Ultimate without Geno.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
The extra stage on the Stage Select screen is something to consider, yes.

6 slots free for DLC, so each for the five of the Pass + bonus dlc, probably Forest Maze Stage, and the select screen would be a perfect square.

I don’t think there will be another Fighter Pass, but it would be nice to see a Nintendo Pass for 5 new guys. But I do see Geno happening as a Piranha DLC way. It’s just a matter of time, Sakurai won’t close Ultimate without Geno.
The extra spot could also be a potential arrow to a next page of stages

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Anyone wonder to themselves "You know, I wonder what Boshi would look like as a Gurren Lagann character"?

..................no?

Well someone who literally goes by "Boshi" on Twitter did

How can we be sure this isn't just you and you wanted a place to show off this???

I'd be down for anything Advance Wars, character or reboot or otherwise. Though didn't Intelligent Systems say they weren't gonna make more games for the series unless they could figure out how to add some sort of love system to it? I seem to recall something along those lines.

I'm just sad the Assist Trophy got taken out. Those sprites were FUNNY man :cry:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Just back to speculation. Not a whole lot has happened today. Many just many of us theory crafting multiple routes that lead to playable character, mii costume or nothing at all.

Also a lot of awesome art from Ovaltine Ovaltine , Dynamic Worlok Dynamic Worlok and Slender Slender 's with his Club Penguin Geno

Would Sami as an echo of Alex (or vice versa) work for an Advance Wars character?
Absolutely not. Andy & Sami have completly different body types (of course lol) and heights not to mention they would play a lot differently (Andy fighting with his wrenches and Sami fighting with her machine gun). The only thing they would share is the same unit purchasing system where they use funds to purchase units.

That being said, I would imagine Sami would borrow a lot of assets from Snake & Zero Suit Samus. Most of her melee attacks would derive from both (jabs, tilts, air/smash attacks).

Speaking of which, I need to create movesets for both. I've been meaning to do this since Hero's MP system reminds me a lot of the Fund system I had in mind for both Andy & Sami.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom