• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChoccyStar

Smash Apprentice
If Geno is not in smash I say we create a GoFundMe to buy his rights and make our own Geno game.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
If Geno is not in smash I say we create a GoFundMe to buy his rights and make our own Geno game.
lol I wish. Imagine just how much money it would be to do THAT. :p

That said, risking a C&D to make something sick for the fans isn't something my morally grey brain would mind...

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I really wish Square could just shed some light on where Geno sits with them. Not knowing anything about the circumstances surrounding him and Mallow is honestly really frustrating. Even if they could just give an "It's complicated", I'd honestly take that at this point.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Frankly I think what's made this speculation cycle so frustrating for so many people creating the attitude and issues were continuing to deal with is how Nintendo decided to do the dlc. Sans one grinch leak base was fine. Like every other game we got a hard release date and a relatively consistent trickle of updates. No promises, no expectations just a series of nice surprises. Then dlc roled around and Nintendo announced 5 fighters as a season pass to be released over the next 14 months. No info on who they are, when there planned to come out, when there going to tell us about them at all. Nothing. So the community has just been left to boil over as random info is just spontaneously dropped with little warning or as it now seems to be the norm released without any real rhyme or reason. Anything we have is from speculation on possibilities and even if its obvious like e3 its still always totally up in the air what there going to do as we found out with evo.Anyone mature can wait out a deadline or weather out a hope like us and geno but being given an expectation and being completely left in the dark as to anything going on is rough and I think it's really starting to show in full force with the starling and evo debacles. Hopefully future dlc or additional passes try to fix that or at the very least give us more then 24 hours notice to the characters release date, that's just sad.
Base game was most definitely not fine. We had: Ridley, Inkling, and Daisy were the only newcomers; Chair Theory; the disgusting behavior surrounding the Earthquake delaying the Direct in September; Box Theory; Grinch; mountains of salt every time a character wasn't playable; Incineroar moaning; discrediting Isabelle and Animal Crossing as a whole; etc.

DLC speculation isn't honestly any worse than base game speculation was, because both have been awful from a community standpoint. And I don't see why the DLC gets so much hate. It's completely common practice for companies to announce what a season of DLC will entail (x amount of characters, x amount of maps, etc) and roll them out throughout a season of content. Practically every season pass works like this these days, at least in the early stages with only the more recent fighting games doing things a little bit different and showing more upfront. And we knew Joker as soon as we could actually play the game, so it really wasn't that bad with him (with Piranha Plant clearly laid out too) coming so immediately to show one of the fighters. This is the only community I've ever seen throw such a damn fit about a Season Pass when the company doesn't show all their cards upfront. It's kind of ridiculous to be honest the reaction I've seen from it and it makes me almost think the community doesn't deserve any DLC at the worst of times.

I think everything Nintendo has done with the Fighter's Pass is fine. They straight up dropped Roy and Ryu in 2015, and people were just excited about that. People have been excited when Joker and Hero have come within the same 24 hour window too. They may have come slightly later than some people expected, but it's not too hard to look at 6 characters across a 14 month period and generally predict when they'll drop anyway. It's not the most transparent you could be, but it's transparent where it counts the most.

I think it really just shows which people are too damn impatient for their own good more than anything else.

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
How would y'all feel if this was how the DLC went ? :
2 Fighter Passes from 2019 to 2021
The first with Joker, Hero, Banjo&Kazooie, Professor Layton and Doom Slayer.
The second with Ryu Hayabusa, Crash Bandicoot, KOS-MOS, Leon S. Kennedy and Geno, and a final bonus character (someone like Travis Touchdown)
(I may have already posted this list before, not sure though...)
They might even go further and make a Fighters Pass with exclusively Nintendo characters that couldn't make the cut in the base game....

D

Deleted member

The second with Ryu Hayabusa, Crash Bandicoot, KOS-MOS, Leon S. Kennedy and Geno, and a final bonus character (someone like Travis Touchdown)
They might even go further and make a Fighters Pass with exclusively Nintendo characters that couldn't make the cut in the base game....
Replace Leon Kennedy with Phoenix Wright and KOS-MOS with Rex/Pyra and we have an absolute deal.

Even if that didn't turn out though I'd still take it solely for Geno and I also find Crash, Ryu and yes even if I wanted to cut them I also find KOS-MOS interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
My my, what do we have here? The 7th highest post on reddit right now...

1565134211653.png

7th...Starling...7 stars

Posted by irishrugby2015...SMRPG came out on the Wii U e-shop in Europe in.....2015.

Yep, I'm thinkin he's in boys.

Do not take this post seriously.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
I could live with that if we knew the characters in advance. And if not, well I'm ready for more pain.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I know I've said this before but I'm gonna reword myself here. I feel it would plain wrong to not include Geno in this Smash Bros title. This is the ULTIMATE Smash Bros and considering we got K Rool, Ridley, and Banjo & Kazooie, Geno is next in line for S-Tier requested fighters. They could always disappoint like they did with Isaac fans (sorry about that, you guys), but something about this is bizarre. Notice how almost every character in this game (save for Big the Cat and Fish Flower) was a hype reveal to some degree:
•Every veteran returns (huge deal)
•Inkling (big first-party rep)
•Daisy (well requested echo)
•Ridley (1 of currently 3 S-Tier dream picks)
•The Belmonts (well requested and respected platformer protagonists)
•Chrom (fan popularity got him in)
•Dark Samus (well requested echo)
•K Rool (#2 S-Tier dream pick)
•Isabelle (popular first party character)
•Ken (popular rep for an echo)
•Joker (popular JRPG character to a degree)
•Hero (basically the definition of a popular JRPG protagonist)
•Banjo & Kazooie (#3 S-Tier dream pick)

My point is that we're getting BIG characters, so to truly make it Ultimate, they're going to need some big picks to finish off the Pass. There's a few characters that I think even remotely stand up to that level of expectation. It isn't guaranteed but it's pretty likely that the last two fighters could easily consist of Geno, Rayman, Crash Bandicoot, Sora, or some other really big character. Geno's chances are easily one of the best for the roster, imo.

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman
So how we feelin about Geno’s chances?
I definitely think that he is the next "Square guy" to make it in. Him and Isaac are the last two Brawl era mega requests left. I always thought that FF and DQ would be in Smash before him, as they put Square and Enix respectively on the map, but I think he's more likely than Sora or Sephiroth.

Dynamic Worlok

finished that little doodle from yesterday.

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

That looks amazing dude. Also I have started to watch Sam and Max. Its really funny.
It's pretty great, but the comics are even better, also the telltale games are amazing (assuming you can even get them to play) Not to mention Sam & Max hit the road (assuming you're into point and click adventure games)
I am

Last edited:

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Then what would be the opposite effect, if there's no single Starling Bird (Like Starly) we should assume is 100% Geno?
Gee-no.

But IMO, I really think it's Geno related, it still bugs me a lot but, what else could it be

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
finished that little doodle from yesterday.
Man, I wish I could draw. I can write creatively (and boringly, aka essays and official stuff comes easy as well), but I can't draw.

As a kid, I actually drew some kind cool stuff. I was obsessed with making up and drawing monsters as a kid, and they all had stories behind them, like the monster I made called Apple Crunch-A-Bunch. He was a possessed apple that had worms, a leftover piece of calamari and a dead bird's foot for appendages. He also had an eye hanging out of his apple eye-socket. The lore was that he was an apple that a kid took two bites out of and then threw away, and now he hunted down wasteful children to punish them.

Man, those were the days...

MomijiInubashiri630

Smash Apprentice
Can someone tell me why this guy would hint at Starly, a Pokemon no one even talks about? When he hinted at BANJO and a Link's Awakening remake? That's not happening lmao, cmon. If it's Pokemon related it's something way more important

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Can someone tell me why this guy would hint at Starly, a Pokemon no one even talks about? When he hinted at BANJO and a Link's Awakening remake? That's not happening lmao, cmon. If it's Pokemon related it's something way more important
He seems like he’s into Smash to me. Probably enjoyed hinting at Banjo. I feel like this is Smash related.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
That's my point, if it's not legendary then why even leak it, also even with that, pokemon is in a hurricane rn so, a pokemon leak? I just don't buy it.

The only other option is a new Ip or something that we may been skipping.. European Starling Simulator on Switch?

Edit: Starlink?

Last edited:

Bob-Omber

Smash Cadet
In the corner drinking a frosty with a straw
That's my point, if it's not legendary then why even leak it, also even with that, pokemon is in a hurricane rn so, a pokemon leak? I just don't buy it.

The only other option is a new Ip or something that we may been skipping.. European Starling Simulator on Switch?

Well kirbys also related to stars so the starling wordplay could work for him

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300

Untitled Goose Game DLC where you play as a Starling?

I’d buy it.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
I gotta say, I ****ing lied. My favorite piece of non-canon Mario RPG content is this short comic series called Star Road Crusaders. Where they put the mario RPGs and gurren lagann in a blender and hit puree. It helps that the artist is good as hell. If you aren't clicking the link by now, there's something wrong with you.
https://tapas.io/episode/726088
In case it wasn’t obvious from my PFP, this is totally up my alley. Thank you so much; I’ll check it out shortly!

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Took a look at Sabi’s Tweet that’s been posted and she confirms it’s not Smash Related, per her response to some comments. Also the hint is monsters ... so it’s certainly Pokémon thing tomorrow. If I see a starling Pokémon....

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Not that you mention, Kirby, Starlow (Mario & Luigi), Starlink (DLC?) ... it's so vague... yet after knowing it it's gonna be too obvious.
What im wondering is how cryptic the hint is.

Hinting at Banjo and Kazooie via Bear and Bird is much more obvious than showing a crab for Links Awakening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom