• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
As Fatmanonice said earlier, at least from how he worded it, apparently the starling hint was (as said by the NoA guy) nothing related to Pokemon, indeed. I'm very curios, even though I have my expectations tempered and am not expecting Geno out of it. Very intredasting.

(Also, Morpeko is cute and I will fight whoever disagrees. Not... so big on those Galarian forms, though...)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I am baffled that he is missing in Ultimate. His Brawl boss fight didn't come back for some reason. He doesn't have a spirit despite having a perfect playable character to use (Wario). Even Buzz Buzz got a spirit!

But I can't see him going over with people if he was in the fighter pass. I love Earthbound, but I don't think Porky will be met with positivity from the Smash fanbase.
I wouldn't give a **** what the haters would say about Porky's inclusion because it is well deserved even if Porky and his franchise ain't one of the most iconic or best selling.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
There’s not anything else I can think of starling being for other than smash, and even though I’ve seen people elsewhere say it could refer to any character with star in the name I don’t really buy that.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Is there any Starling hints or clues in SMRPG outside of stuff associated with Geno? I'm curious because I don't remember seeing any cert of birds in the game besides Dodo.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
There’s not anything else I can think of starling being for other than smash, and even though I’ve seen people elsewhere say it could refer to any character with star in the name I don’t really buy that.
Man would it suck if out of nowhere it referred to the sega character Ristar(think that was it?)

I mean, I’m sure the character has fans, but not on the level of Geno. Think even non-geno fans would be dumbfounded and a bit angry over that one...

xNovaNebulax

Smash Journeyman
gotta admit after that ive got my hopes way up. someone bring me back down so I dont overwhelm myself XD

MattX20

Smash Hero
Glad to find out that the Pokemon info drop basically proved there were no starling connections. The possibility of it being Smash related has jumped up considerably

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Porky because of the evidence stacked in his favor (no spirits or references throughout the game despite being the quintessential villian in TWO Smash fighters' games) and with the 30th anniversary of the series there doesn't seem like a better time.
Ooops! You said anniversary! Never rely on Nintendo to announce things specifically for an anniversary.

Anyway I kind of prefer if Porky was a boss rather than a playable character.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I bet you the thing connected to Starling will be coming in a Direct. But signs are pointing to that being September at best.

The picture hints are so far based off things we don't know that are coming. We weren't aware of a Link's awakening remake and then came the crabs. We hoped for Banjo and then we got the witch picture. But neither were expected. So we can possibly rule out bird things from games we know, like it wouldn't be hinting at Bayonetta 3 since we know that's coming someday.

Remake hints are possible, though. Remaking a previous FE game? Gen 4 remake? Earthbound related since one of the first enemies is that damn Spiteful Crow? No, I didn't want that hamburger. Thanks for stealing it! You and your stupid high speed stat. Stupid bird! Here's a PK Rockin' Omega!!

.....anyway, what was I saying? Oh, the bird is referring to Big Bird joining Smash but as Dark Big Bird.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Looks like we’re still in the game. Why would Sabi’s source’s picture of a starling hint at a Pokemon, anyway?

They did have a picture of a crab that allegedly hinted at Links Awakening, so it can be for anything, but it not hinting at anything Pokemon this trailer means its probably something bigger than any pokemon related news could provide (lets be honest, why would a singular pokemon be the one major hint this leaker is trying to provide?)

IMO, its either a major game (like Links Awakening) or a Smash character (like their Banjo hint). The thing is, nothing really clarifies the former at all. I think people have gone through many games to try and see how starlings could be related to any nintendo franchise and they just arent, leaving, imo, a hint at a Smash character.

Geno literally is the only character with any sort of "star" reference that is not Luma/Rosalina.

Last edited:

xNovaNebulax

Smash Journeyman
nindies huh?

totally forgot about that! we still need to hear about the rumors of fnaf coming to the switch. idk if that was confirmed?

T2by4

Smash Lord
I swear this is the most bipolar thread on the entire internet. One minute we're buying celebratory cakes for his inclusion in the next direct, and then just 2 minutes later we're asking what brand of rope we should buy to hang ourselves. What is there not to love about this thread? It truly is a magical place.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I swear this is the most bipolar thread on the entire internet. One minute we're buying celebratory cakes for his inclusion in the next direct, and then just 2 minutes later we're asking what brand of rope we should buy to hang ourselves. What is there not to love about this thread? It truly is a magical place.
Lmao! This thread is so damn entertaining.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Such is the nature of a thread dedicated to getting probably the most elusive character in smash. He has one game, its 3rd party, and he's only a supporting character, yet he is probably the most requested character not yet in smash, as well as the fact that Sakurai has repeatedly acknowledged that he was sorry for not getting him in previously.

Last edited:

riggsbass

Smash Apprentice
And to think guys if Porky get's in, than Yoshi and Captain Falcon would be the only 64 characters left without their villains. 10 out of the original 12 would have their antagonist in Smash's roster.
Actually, Yoshi's original villains were the same as Mario's, but in Yoshi's Island it was Bowser Jr. and Bowser!

I am baffled that he is missing in Ultimate. His Brawl boss fight didn't come back for some reason. He doesn't have a spirit despite having a perfect playable character to use (Wario). Even Buzz Buzz got a spirit!

But I can't see him going over with people if he was in the fighter pass. I love Earthbound, but I don't think Porky will be met with positivity from the Smash fanbase.
I think he's missing for a reason! He could definitely return as a villian, especially if the boss rush mode that people have considered is actually happening. That would make a lot of sense but I'm also adamant about him maybe becoming a character - there's just so much potential for his moveset and the timing would be absolutely perfect.

The Starling Saga continues!
Fire Embelm is off the table. Pokemon is off the table. These were two of the three biggest posiblities along side the starling pic. At least, to our speculation.
I think we may actually be looking at a Smash hint.
I can't imagine it wouldn't be a Smash hint - didn't the insider deal with those specifically throughout their history? Unless it's someone out of left field I'm still pretty stagnant in my support of it being for our boy.

Is there any Starling hints or clues in SMRPG outside of stuff associated with Geno? I'm curious because I don't remember seeing any cert of birds in the game besides Dodo.
Since it's also considered the "European" starling, I tend to associate that ironically. SMRPG very specifically didn't have a release in Europe (until the VC of course) and I think that might be another connection. Aside from that, I don't really know. To me, things like "the birds in the beginning of the forest maze" and Dodo are reaching a bit.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Actually, Yoshi's original villains were the same as Mario's, but in Yoshi's Island it was Bowser Jr. and Bowser!
It was Baby Bowser, not Jr. that was the antagonist of Yoshi's Island. Baby Bowser is Bowser but as a baby.

Edit: But honestly, I see Kamek as the true antagonist of the Yoshi games. I would much prefer Kamek in Smash over Baby Bowser.

Last edited:

owjies

Smash Journeyman
Such is the nature of a thread dedicated to getting probably the most elusive character in smash. He has one game, its 3rd party, and he's only a supporting character, yet he is probably the most requested character not yet in smash, as well as the fact that Sakurai has repeatedly acknowledged that he was sorry for not getting him in previously.
This is so true. Geno’s literally a third party Mario character owned by the same company that created characters like Cloud, Sephiroth, Erdrick, Sora, Crono, and Lara Croft just to name a few. Square’s gotta be like, “WTF?” when they see all this love for Geno and Mallow.

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
There are birds hanging around when you get your first proper cutscene interaction between Mario and geno I believe. Post-bowyer fight

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I see we didn't get Sirfetch'd but we did get more things confirmed from that rumor that has him on it

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
I see we didn't get Sirfetch'd but we did get more things confirmed from that rumor that has him on it
We do have confirmation I think, that the hint isn't pokemon related. Or it might specifically just be this trailer it's not related to. I forget which.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
This is so true. Geno’s literally a third party Mario character owned by the same company that created characters like Cloud, Sephiroth, Erdrick, Sora, Crono, and Lara Croft just to name a few. Square’s gotta be like, “WTF?” when they see all this love for Geno and Mallow.
Square-Enix didn't created Lora Croft even though they own the character and the franchise Tomb Raider now. It was originallly created by Core Design and formerly owned by Eidos Interactive. Square-Enix just bought them out sometime ago.

Last edited:

zippyskipy

Smash Cadet
Galarian zigzagoon and linoone are nasty boys and I love them
not sure how I feel about obstagoon yet though :urg:

I'm kinda sad a lot of the new pokemon this gen aren't really 'clicking' with me but that might just be cause they're new and the games looking noooot goooood might be clouding my judgement a bit lmao

Glad to, and this is the only situation in which I will ever say this, not see a Starly or any of its line! I wasn't expecting any birds to show up and frankly I don't think we need the damn bird to be confident in our boy anyways :p

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
Man Mecha-Porky would be great. I could see the fighter’s pass being all third party and a couple of individual dlc afterwards being first party. But there’s already so many characters...

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
But didn't Galarian Zigzagoon have stars in it's eyes?
Starling.jpg
Oh boy! Is it time to panic again? /s

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom