• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I really wouldn't like Ninten as an echo, though I guess it could work if they just mix up Ness and Lucas's moves while adding some original ones so that'd it'd stay canon...minus the fact Ninten can't use any offensive PSI.

So, no PK Love or Rockin', no PK Starstorm, and no PK Flash; these don't exist in the first Mother.

Yo-yos weren't in the first Mother, either, though...

Last edited:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
If you could get 5 echo fighters for DLC...

1. Akechi (Joker)
2. Impa (Sheik)
3. Proto Man (Mega Man)
4. Dixie (Diddy Kong)
5. Ninten (Ness)
1. Shadow Dedede (King Dedede)
2. Metal Sonic (Sonic)
3. Dry Bowser (Bowser)
4. Jeanne (Bayonetta)
5. Midna [True Form] (Zelda)

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

1. Akechi (Joker)
2. Impa (Sheik)
3. Proto Man (Mega Man)
4. Dixie (Diddy Kong)
5. Ninten (Ness)
1. Kasumi (Joker)
2. Blaze (Sonic)
3. Dixie (Diddy)
4. Mrs. Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
5. Octoling (Inkling)

D

Deleted member

1. Akechi (Joker)
2. Impa (Sheik)
3. Proto Man (Mega Man)
4. Dixie (Diddy Kong)
5. Ninten (Ness)
1) Dixie Kong (Diddy Kong)
2) Ninten (Ness)
3) Shadow (Sonic)/Big Boss (Solid Snake) if Assists disconfirm outside of the first pack.
4) Ms. Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
5) Masked Dedede (King Dedede)

Last edited by a moderator:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I know people requested Shadow, but I think he just wont make it, sadly. I was a huge Shadow supporter in the prerelease hype so I know how it feels. But it’s time to let go. Hopefully Geno can avenge Shadow against the Grinch by getting in

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019

1. Akechi (Joker)
2. Impa (Sheik)
3. Proto Man (Mega Man)
4. Dixie (Diddy Kong)
5. Ninten (Ness)
1. Black Knight (Ike)
2. Slippy (Falco)
3. Booster (Wario)
4. Doc Louis (Little Mac)
5. Funky Kong (DK)

7NATOR

Smash Master
I know people requested Shadow, but I think he just wont make it, sadly. I was a huge Shadow supporter in the prerelease hype so I know how it feels. But it’s time to let go. Hopefully Geno can avenge Shadow against the Grinch by getting in
Shadow will get in Next Game, or if there's extra DLC, Maybe this game

And he won't be an Echo Fighter, Cause Echo Fighter is Sin. Sakurai Knows, Sega Knows, I Speak Truth

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice
I resent that
Those games give me such powerful feelings. 'tis not really the time or place to discuss such things, but I do genuinely hope that those of you who are looking forward to them enjoy yourselves, and I hope that Nintendo and Pokemon will do what they need to do to get me back into that group of people for the next generation.

Anyway. Y'all want echoes? I got echoes.

1. Impa (Sheik)
So many Zelda characters that have potential that just never were added for some reason. If Zelda characters got in like Fire Emblem or Pokemon characters, I feel like Midna and Fi would be mainstays of the series at this point. Impa at the very least is recurring, and I honestly feel like they could probably do even better than an Echo. But, alas.

2. Dixie Kong (Diddy)
I feel like this is one of the biggest and most recognizable Nintendo characters out there who still isn't in. And honestly, I still wake up in a cold sweat at night sometimes thinking about what might have been had Brawl been able to handle the Diddy-Dixie tandem character. DKC2 is one of my all-time favorite games, and that would be a dream for me.

3. Bass/Proto Man (Mega Man)
They've been essentially Echo Fighters in the mainline series at times, so why not here? Either would be cool, though Proto Man would get special props if he had that whistle as his victory theme. I also think it's a bit of a shame that Mega Man lost so many of his custom specials, as they represented other Robot Master abilities. So stick some of them on one of these.

4. Kasumi (Joker)
Feels like a pretty natural fit. Honestly, I feel like I want this more than anything else to get P5R on the Switch, but considering all Joker himself begot was that Musou game maybe it's not such a solid bet...

5. Shadow (Sonic)
I kind of dislike Sonic and Sonic games in general, and especially Shadow. But damn it he was on that stupid Grinch banner and I'm pretty much ride or die with all of those goobers at this point. Just don't give him a neutral B projectile, I think that Sonic with a projectile might make me want to jump off a building.

Last edited:

GrungeMan

Smash Apprentice

1. Akechi (Joker)
2. Impa (Sheik)
3. Proto Man (Mega Man)
4. Dixie (Diddy Kong)
5. Ninten (Ness)
My personal favorite picks would be:

1. Dixie (Diddy)
2. Proto Man (Mega Man)
3. Boshi (Yoshi)
4. Black Shadow (Captain Falcon)
5. Leon Kennedy (Jill Valentine - assuming we one day get her as playable)

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Shadow will get in Next Game, or if there's extra DLC, Maybe this game/QUOTE]

Maybe the next game.

Or the next game, or the next game, or the next game, or the next-yeah I see the door to my left.

On a serious note, I would prefer Knuckles, who, while is not probably echo material, is a character I'd still want over Shadow.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice We appreciate you updating us on Geno rumors. We're sorry if the incident after EVO was a bit out of hand. We hope that you'll still update us if you hear anything new?

3DSNinja

Smash Lord

1. Akechi (Joker)
2. Impa (Sheik)
3. Proto Man (Mega Man)
4. Dixie (Diddy Kong)
5. Ninten (Ness)
I want shadow as a unique btw, that's why he isn't here.
1. Metal Sonic (Sonic)
2. Black Knight (Ike)
3. X (Mega Man)
4. Gooey (Kirby)
5. Cynthia (Red (Pokemon Trainer))

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
Hi Gebros I just want to say do not give up hope and to stay postive for the future. Also unrelated I watched a few epsiodes of Sam and Max. Got to say I really like it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
We go the 2 million views! Yes.

Next goal I can think of is a big one.

I want to see us get 500 supporters.

Remember to "like" the OP to ensure being added.

I will update the list probably tomorrow with some new people

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
2 more games guys. :lol:

1 more game. :lol:

1. Akechi (Joker)
2. Impa (Sheik)
3. Proto Man (Mega Man)
4. Dixie (Diddy Kong)
5. Ninten (Ness)
Give me SS Impa for Shiek, I hated the game but it was the best version of the character.

Dixie Kong for diddy, as im one of her fans that is fine with her only having the one pony tail attack.

Shadow for Sonic, because the 16 year old version of myself that was unironically passionate about Sonic Adventure 2 Battle never died

Claus for Lucas, with or without mask man attire

And Medusa for palutena since she was a much more important character before she got upstaged in Uprising.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Let's see if we can get up to 500 supporters, don't forget to SMASH that like button!

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I have some ideas in regards to how Geno’s gameplay could shake things up a la Joker and Hero.

The neutral B, Geno Beam, would deliver an energy beam comparable in size to Genesect’s. Such a powerful move is combated by three levels of charge; and can’t be stored.

The Side B, Geno Whirl, could have a very special mechanic. Occasionally, if you hit the enemy with the move within a certain small window, it will deal 999 damage (as in SMRPG), but will always have a fixed knockback and deal damage

The Up B, Geno Boost would be a one of a kind recovery move that also boosts your attack power for a short time, while also draining a bit of weight/defense

The Down B, Geno Blast, would be an excellent edgeguarding tool with three levels of charge. For example, the first level will fire only a single fiery bolt, while the third level of charge will fire multiple colored bolts at a downwards angle. A unique move for sure.

And of course, Geno Flash as his final smash, acting similar to Rosalina’s final smash.

Geno is one of those characters practically built for a Smash moveset, but this is how we could make him truly unique.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

2 more pages left until we surpass the Smash 4 K. Rool thread which is our next milestone. I'm on lunch at work right now so I probably won't be here when we reach page 1233 because of how fast you guys are.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Let's see if we can get up to 500 supporters, don't forget to SMASH that like button!
And hit the bell for notifications, of course

A link to my patreon is in the OP

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
1. Black Knight (Ike)
2. Slippy (Falco)
3. Booster (Wario)
4. Doc Louis (Little Mac)
5. Funky Kong (DK)
I don’t think Slippy or Doc Louis work over those respective characters at all in terms of skeletons. Doc Louis would just look frightening out of place on Mac’s little skeleton and Slippy has quite a different body type from Falco seeing as he’s a completely different species and rather unique. I’m still not sure Black Knight works over Ike either since you’d almost invariably have to change up his hit box to accommodate the armor, but I’ll at least acknowledge it as a maybe haha. The skeletons to the original character and the intended Echo are the key here.

T2by4

Smash Lord
I guess Nintendo/Square really did intend to not bring back Geno... Ever. I mean at least with the other IP's they introduced they still have some relevancy today... We just get nothing. No merch, no graphical updates, nothing. I'm sad, Genobros.

Attachments

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

*facepalm* SHE DOES NOT KNOW WHAT IT MEANS. SABI NOR FATMAN NOR ANYONE KNOWS WHAT IT IS OR WHAT IT WILL BE UNTIL IT'S REVEALED. OF COURSE SHE DIDN'T LEAK GENO IT'S ALL SPECULATION THIS HAS HAPPENED FOR THE PAST TWO LEAKS NOBODY KNEW WHAT THE BLUE CRAB WAS AS SOME THOUGHT IT WAS PIKMIN 4 AND WHILE THAT BEAR PIC WAS VERY OBVIOUSLY BANJO-KAZOOIE NOBODY KNEW FOR SURE.

NOBODY KNOWS ANYTHING FOR SURE WE PRACTICALLY KNOW THE NAME OF THE BIRD MATTERS AND THAT IT IS A HINT FOR SOMETHING.

Sigh sorry for snapping there. Plus I doubt that's Sabi it doesn't sound like Sabi.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Where is this? I don't think this is Sabi? It doesn't sound like a response you would get from her plus she got C&D by Nintendo's lawyers so she can't speak anything about Nintendo online anymore.
Someone of Gamefaqs called “Senseless Break” posted it. He says he has actual connections to sabi

Knowing GameFAQS’ hatred for Geno, I wouldn’t be surprised if it is an image edit

QQS

Smash Lord
Sakurai has said that certain characters were chosen from the ballot such as Simon, King K. Rool, Ridley and Banjo & Kazooie. With that being said, plus the copyrighted songs, the lack of Mii costume, the starling, Megasmilax on Palutena, having a separated splash art even being just a costume on WiiU, Nintendo on Twitter about SMRPG, the 2 decades fan demand placing Geno in a solid hill, the recognition Geno has being a costume before and a spirit now, for me it’s almost 90% probably that he will be in. I think if Sakurai didn’t had Square permission or the will to put it in, he would already have deconfirmed him. And we are not talking about a dead character with no requests, we are talking of Geno, who has been in the Top-Polls since Melee, and I can say by now that he, after Ridley, Rool and Banjo was confirmed, is the highly requested character and number one character to fulfill the roster. Maybe Sakurai will place Geno in a better moment like in a Direct when they reveal Banjo’s moves; maybe as a Bonus DLC or maybe as character 4 or 5. His story is perfect, being partner with Mario, his moves and design, born in a Nintendo system, etc.

We already have many reasons to call Ultimate a dream come true with Mario, the rest of Nintendo cast and all the 3rd parties, but it’s unbeliavable all the noise that Geno has been doing EVEN coming from just one game. Maybe after the Pass, they will close the DLC with another Mario rep and that would be him. Sakurai is smart and he can’t reveal all at once, he has to keep us hyped somehow and at this point, I doubt that he will release Chocobo hat and Geno costume later. Chocobo will return probably with Geno being playable; and maybe Mallow as a spirit, trophy, part of the final smash or who knows, maybe as a tag team. I would prefer Geno alone if I have to choose but maybe they put Geno & Mallow as a special couple that you can switch in gameplay (like Pokémon trainer, not like Ice Climbers). That would make him even a more unique fighter for the DLC, like Joker has Arsene; Hero has RPG moves, Banjo has Kazzoie and the feathers; Geno could have Mallow and a special system also. I doubt that G&M both will be fighters separated, the options more likely are Geno alone; or both as a tag team in the same slot. But in the end, I just see Mallow just being an extra (spirit, part of the FS or Assist trophy).

There are plenty of ideas to make his trailer also. Think of the chances including dolls of Mario, Bowser, Peach as the Smash 64 intro video. Or starring Rosalina, Luma or Kirby.

Im pretty sure Geno will be fighter #74, #75 or #76.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Where is this? I don't think this is Sabi? It doesn't sound like a response you would get from her plus she got C&D by Nintendo's lawyers so she can't speak anything about Nintendo online anymore.
Fwiw saying it isn't Geno is pretty much the same as saying it isn't FE, which she's already done, afaik.

*facepalm* SHE DOES NOT KNOW WHAT IT MEANS. SABI NOR FATMAN NOR ANYONE KNOWS WHAT IT IS OR WHAT IT WILL BE UNTIL IT'S REVEALED. OF COURSE SHE DIDN'T LEAK GENO IT'S ALL SPECULATION THIS HAS HAPPENED FOR THE PAST TWO LEAKS NOBODY KNEW WHAT THE BLUE CRAB WAS AS SOME THOUGHT IT WAS PIKMIN 4 AND WHILE THAT BEAR PIC WAS VERY OBVIOUSLY BANJO-KAZOOIE NOBODY KNEW FOR SURE.

NOBODY KNOWS ANYTHING FOR SURE WE PRACTICALLY KNOW THE NAME OF THE BIRD MATTERS AND THAT IT IS A HINT FOR SOMETHING.

Sigh sorry for snapping there. Plus I doubt that's Sabi it doesn't sound like Sabi.
Gotta say, you're in for a bumpy ride with a hair trigger like that.

Someone of Gamefaqs called “Senseless Break” posted it. He says he has actual connections to sabi

Knowing GameFAQS’ hatred for Geno, I wouldn’t be surprised if it is an image edit
Confirmations before proclamations are probably the way to go.

D

Deleted member

Gotta say, you're in for a bumpy ride with a hair trigger like that.
Yeah I'm not usually that trigger happy. I've been in a weird kind of state irl with a lot of things and experimentation and just that kind of weird state of being just spilled out all at once. Sorry about that.

Anyways to get back on topic I doubt that conversation is real or serious in case it is real. Rummy and other people involved keep on coming out to specifically state that They have no idea what the hint is pointing towards it's becoming a reoccurring theme that someone involved comes in and says that they know nothing about it or what it's hinting at and yet people try and say it's outright not for Geno as I think I remember some other Gamefaqs/ResetEra "Conversation" saying it's not for Geno when nobody knows.

We don't know anything about it other than it still may be in play, It's hinting towards something in the future be it near or far into it and that nobody knows for sure what it's hinting at. Some say Pokemon and some say Smash nobody knows.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just took the initiative and messaged Sabi if it'll make you feel better. But I'm going to bed and they aren't on so if I get a response it'll be tomorrow

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
My dude this can not be more fake. Sabi and co. said they don't know what the leak is related to, much less if it's about Geno.

Plus this came from GameFAQs who have a notorious hatred for Geno, could very easily be an edited image to taunt us. Notice in particular the blanked out squares, as if they inspect elemented this conversation and wanted to hide the guy Sabi was actually talking to on a server or something.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
*wakes up randomly and checks phone*

0cc216ca4497ccdd7fb9da3569a2c829.jpg

Y'all are killing me... It's irrelevant if it's real or not because you all are acting like the picture was the end all of Geno's chances. It never was especially since we've never known if it even relates to Smash. Maybe one of the people who know about the Pokemon info drop was able to confirm that the starling related to the presentation. Who. Cares? It possibly being related to Geno was always speculation and, as I've said time and time again, a hint that would have to be super on the nose to be the case. If the post is true, congrats, you're all free from the starling now! Actually concentrate on the more concrete stuff like literally everything else or, you know, the fact that Sabi actually came in here to CONFIRM HERSELF the story I've been telling you all about the Nintendo ambassador this whole damn year... I'm going back to bed...

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
Im pretty sure Geno will be fighter #74, #75 or #76.
I find it hard to believe Geno will be #74. It would feel so stupid for Nintendo to bring some HUGE characters (Hero in Japan, Banjo & Kazooie, Geno if he is #74), and then end with a less hyped and wanted character. I don’t think they can come close to the hype of those two characters again in this speculation cycle. I can see Crash or Doomguy create hype here, but not nearly as much as Geno/Banjo. Undertale Frisk or Sans could bring a huge shockwave. But maybe the biggest one left is Sora. I don’t believe in 3 Square characters in one DLC pass. The next big shockwave is someone like Mickey Mouse. Literally the biggest media icon ever, and appeared in a lot of games, even Nintendo-published. If Sakurai chooses to bring one non-video-game-origins-character, it will be Mickey; and there will be a huge surprise, and I don’t think there will be a lot of backlash (there will always be but not in the amount of Hero or Corrin). I really think Mickey is the best option to close out this DLC season with if Banjo is #3 and Geno is #4. They may be building up to something huge like this...

I don’t think it’s a likely scenario though. Nintendo could just be Nintendo and throw the most anti-hype character at spot #5. The problem with the last character is... everybody is going to hate this character because it “stole a slot from *insert most wanted*”. The best option for the last spot is a really big one... or announce a second DLC pass. I’d be okay with that. Don’t get my hopes up for that though.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I guess Nintendo/Square really did intend to not bring back Geno... Ever. I mean at least with the other IP's they introduced they still have some relevancy today... We just get nothing. No merch, no graphical updates, nothing. I'm sad, Genobros.
I'm getting second-hand embarrassment from this post. People really need to keep their **** together and/or take a break from this place if this is how easy it is for you to give up all hope.

As someone who is friends with Sabi on Discord this isn't even her pfp unless she changed it over the past couple of hours.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I'm getting second-hand embarrassment from this post. People really need to keep their **** together and/or take a break from this place if this is how easy it is for you to give up all hope.
You ever feel contact shame? Like there's no one else around and you didn't do anything bad and you're still feeling guilty?

That's what I'm feeling right now about this whole thing.
*wakes up randomly and checks phone*

View attachment 233750

Y'all are killing me... It's irrelevant if it's real or not because you all are acting like the picture was the end all of Geno's chances. It never was especially since we've never known if it even relates to Smash. Maybe one of the people who know about the Pokemon info drop was able to confirm that the starling related to the presentation. Who. Cares? It possibly being related to Geno was always speculation and, as I've said time and time again, a hint that would have to be super on the nose to be the case. If the post is true, congrats, you're all free from the starling now! Actually concentrate on the more concrete stuff like literally everything else or, you know, the fact that Sabi actually came in here to CONFIRM HERSELF the story I've been telling you all about the Nintendo ambassador this whole damn year... I'm going back to bed...
ngl this post made me giggle more than it should.

I apologize on behalf of everyone else for paying this obviously fake **** any attention.
Surgery successful :D
Congratulations! She should have a safe recovery now. Things will go back to normal soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom