• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
You guys are exhausting lol. Decided to catch up on FF 14 and clear my head as well as going to bed at a reasonable hour. And it worked! Some of y'all need to relax, breath, do something other than let this bird rule over you.
Its OK to speculate, but when the same point is morphed into obscurity, that's when it is time to tone it down a smidgen.

EDIT: Icewolff92 Icewolff92 so happy for this news!

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
In no partcular order:
1 - Black Shadow (Captain Falcon, slower but more powerful)
2 - Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic, different animations, Mewtwo's Up Special instead of Spring, his Assist Trophy cannot be summoned with him on the field)
3 - Medusa (Palutena, slower but more powerful, different animations, Bowser's Final Smash only with a claw slash instead of a punch)
4 - Dixie Kong (Diddy Kong, Peanut Popgun replaced with Gumball Gun, Up Special is similar to DK's but with more vertical reach, dash attack is her roll attack from the games, holding Jump allows her to slow her descents like in DKC2/3, Final Smash calls in Kiddy Kong to attack a la DK's Final Smash)
5 - Dry Bowser (Bowser, lighter and quicker but less powerful, blue fire effects)
For Me I would pick
1. Octoling from Splatoon- could be much faster or slower than Inkling, she would use the Octo Expansion Design
2. Morgan from Fire Emblem- a short and strong robin, also daddy's little daughter wants to play
3. Black Shadow from F-Zero- Slower Captain Falcon but powerful, similar to Ganondorf
4. Dry Bowser from Super Mario- Lighter and Faster due to his lack of skins, I would imagine him throwing a bone as a move
5. Ninten from Earthbound- Could be a mixer of Both Ness and Lucas with maybe one different PSI attack.

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Oh Lord, did someone make the mistake of being positive? Don't make me turn this thread around. :p

There's a difference between a healthy dose of skepticism and being outright "you're not getting anything. the sooner you see it my way, the happier you'll be." Like people can't be adults and handle a little disappointment.

Apropos of nothing, I have a weird question for you all. Do you ever make weird Mii fighters and give them strange backstories and lore just for the hell of it?

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace
I find it hard to believe Geno will be #74. It would feel so stupid for Nintendo to bring some HUGE characters (Hero in Japan, Banjo & Kazooie, Geno if he is #74), and then end with a less hyped and wanted character. I don’t think they can come close to the hype of those two characters again in this speculation cycle. I can see Crash or Doomguy create hype here, but not nearly as much as Geno/Banjo. Undertale Frisk or Sans could bring a huge shockwave. But maybe the biggest one left is Sora. I don’t believe in 3 Square characters in one DLC pass. The next big shockwave is someone like Mickey Mouse. Literally the biggest media icon ever, and appeared in a lot of games, even Nintendo-published. If Sakurai chooses to bring one non-video-game-origins-character, it will be Mickey; and there will be a huge surprise, and I don’t think there will be a lot of backlash (there will always be but not in the amount of Hero or Corrin). I really think Mickey is the best option to close out this DLC season with if Banjo is #3 and Geno is #4. They may be building up to something huge like this...

I don’t think it’s a likely scenario though. Nintendo could just be Nintendo and throw the most anti-hype character at spot #5. The problem with the last character is... everybody is going to hate this character because it “stole a slot from *insert most wanted*”. The best option for the last spot is a really big one... or announce a second DLC pass. I’d be okay with that. Don’t get my hopes up for that though.
I'll never understand why people want Doomguy in Smash, seriously.
Yeah, I know he's iconic, but still, why?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Apropos of nothing, I have a weird question for you all. Do you ever make weird Mii fighters and give them strange backstories and lore just for the hell of it?
No. But the idea of a Mii anime would be amazing. But than again, the manga would be 10x better.

Edit: Now we should try to surpass the Smash 4 Ridley thread, but I have no idea the exact number of pages for that thread was. N3ON N3ON said it was over 2000 pages, but they didn't say the exact number of pages.

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

No. But the idea of a Mii anime would be amazing. But than again, the manga would be 10x better.
I just meant like a personal headcanon. For instance: I have a mii swordfighter named King Kid Kool, he's a 40 year old coke addict who never got over being passed up as a mascot for the BK kids club in favor of Kid Vid, so he harbors a decades old grudge that's completely ruined his life.

That kind of stuff

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I just meant like a personal headcanon. For instance: I have a mii swordfighter named King Kid Kool, he's a 40 year old coke addict who never got over being passed up as a mascot for the BK kids club in favor of Kid Vid, so he harbors a decades old grudge that's completely ruined his life.

That kind of stuff
Damn! That's dark dude lol!

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Oh Lord, did someone make the mistake of being positive? Don't make me turn this thread around. :p

There's a difference between a healthy dose of skepticism and being outright "you're not getting anything. the sooner you see it my way, the happier you'll be." Like people can't be adults and handle a little disappointment.

Well considering how this board was able to break down with there was no EVO announcement & that bird picture most likely isn't related to Geno it seems like many people on this board doesn't have a healthy does of skepticism.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Well considering how this board was able to break down with there was no EVO announcement & that bird picture most likely isn't related to Geno it seems like many people on this board doesn't have a healthy does of skepticism.
I like how you say "most likely" as if you've got some secret crystal ball that tells you the future and without offering any alternatives

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

That kind of stuff
I actually have an idea for the mii fighters myself, though they might be cliché. The Brawler is a fighter who wanders the world while hiding from some dark past, the swordsmen is a hero in a medieval village and has a crush on a princess, and the gunner is a space soldier in training.

Dynamic Worlok

Then try presenting one, maybe? Because what you got aint it.
Also many ≠ all... Or even most. A good portion of us I feel are generally well adjusted enough to temper our expectations on our own. It seems to me to be a case where people go "Maybe this thing will happen" and other people go "woah there, don't go assuming that thing will happen, temper your expectations" and then sometimes you get "this thing will not happen, I know this based on assumptions I present as facts" and I'm just here like "I get it! it's not a sure thing, I don't need a reminder every five posts"

Damn! That's dark dude lol!
Dark, but hilarious.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Not that picture.

The one that’s a Discord screenshot of Sabi saying it’s deffo not Geno
It's obviously fabricated when that doesn't remotely line up with Sabi's credentials. That is not Sabi, and that has been proven multiple times in this thread. No matter the amount of hemhawing GameFAQs does to say that it's 'totally real and the guy's had contact with Sabi before, guize!!!!!', it's very much not.

Again, I have to ask... why are we taking GameFAQs seriously again lol? I thought the fact that this place should never be taken seriously and is a laughingstock for the majority of gaming communities was a universal constant. Am I on a different plane of existence right now? Like, am I alive??

ETA: Icewolff92 Icewolff92 AW HECK, I forgot to mention, so glad your sister made it out okay!!

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I'll never understand why people want Doomguy in Smash, seriously.
Yeah, I know he's iconic, but still, why?
His personality in Doom 2016 is freaking great.
He was one of the founders of the FPS genre, so great representation in Smash Bros that celebrate gaming history.
He has some great brutal attacks that would be fun to see in Smash Bros.
It would be unique to have a fighter that uses quite a variety of guns (similar to how Inkling does).
Pretty good design, especially if they can use Doom Eternal Design.
His Final Smash would be him using the BFG.
Overall Doomguy is a video gamey character who would provide a great moveset potential by having a guy who uses guns for most of his attacks and have brutal jabs, it's would be somewhat on par with how Snake breaks people's necks with his grab attack.

I never understand why people like Crash though, his design looks terrible to me along with other things.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
My idea of a Mii or will you, Miis' lore story would be a army of evil Miis following and worshipping the evil Queen Isabelle.

Edit: Well guys, I'm going to take me a long *** nap before I go to work. So I'll see y'all tomorrow peace.

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I like how you say "most likely" as if you've got some secret crystal ball that tells you the future and without offering any alternatives
What the **** am I suppose to say? Maybe it means something to Geno maybe it doesn't. I'm saying "most likely" because nothing is definite but it's leaning more toward that starling picture is meant for something else that isn't about Geno being in Smash Bros.

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace
His personality in Doom 2016 is freaking great.
He was one of the founders of the FPS genre, so great representation in Smash Bros that celebrate gaming history.
He has some great brutal attacks that would be fun to see in Smash Bros.
It would be unique to have a fighter that uses quite a variety of guns (similar to how Inkling does).
Pretty good design, especially if they can use Doom Eternal Design.
His Final Smash would be him using the BFG.
Overall Doomguy is a video gamey character who would provide a great moveset potential by having a guy who uses guns for most of his attacks and have brutal jabs, it's would be somewhat on par with how Snake breaks people's necks with his grab attack.

I never understand why people like Crash though, his design looks terrible to me along with other things.
I guess that "Brutality" is going to be a problem in Smash.

Dynamic Worlok

What the **** am I suppose to say? Maybe it means something to Geno maybe it doesn't. I'm saying "most likely" because nothing is definite but it's leaning more toward that starling picture is meant for something else that isn't about Geno being in Smash Bros.
We really don't have any evidence to that outside of assumption. Until we see something else that looks like it might fit the bill, it's entirely up in the air at this point.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
It's obviously fabricated when that doesn't remotely line up with Sabi's credentials. That is not Sabi, and that has been proven multiple times in this thread. No matter the amount of hemhawing GameFAQs does to say that it's 'totally real and the guy's had contact with Sabi before, guize!!!!!', it's very much not.

Again, I have to ask... why are we taking GameFAQs seriously again lol? I thought the fact that this place should never be taken seriously and is a laughingstock for the majority of gaming communities was a universal constant. Am I on a different plane of existence right now? Like, am I alive??

ETA: Icewolff92 Icewolff92 AW HECK, I forgot to mention, so glad your sister made it out okay!!
The GameFAQS user who posted it is someone who i’ve never noticed to be specifically a troll poster, but there are so many trolls that it’s hard to keep track of who’s who. I think we should wait before Sabi says something before we say it’s definitely a fake DM.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
StarLight42 StarLight42 please stop defending troll posts on gamefaqs from some nobody. Sabi posted her stance very clearly in this thread yesterday.

Again for the people in the back: not every post and every day is make or break. The Starling is only being discussed because of like 3 years of evidence in Geno’s favor, with the topper being no mii costume in the DQ video drop.

You guys are way too concerned with this image instead of the actual evidence

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
StarLight42 StarLight42 please stop defending troll posts on gamefaqs from some nobody. Sabi posted her stance very clearly in this thread yesterday.

Again for the people in the back: not every post and every day is make or break. The Starling is only being discussed because of like 2 years of evidence in Geno’s favor, with the topper being no mii costume in the DQ video drop.

You guys are way too concerned with this image instead of the actual evidence
I’m not “defending a troll post.” I’m waiting till the chickens hatch before I count them.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I guess that "Brutality" is going to be a problem in Smash.
We got Snake breaking necks, Joker with a realistic gun, Bayonetta referencing Hell and sexuality, as long as it doesn't show blood or amputation it's all fine.
We really don't have any evidence to that outside of assumption. Until we see something else that looks like it might fit the bill, it's entirely up in the air at this point.
So I guess nothing is allowed to be said unless it's positive like "oh yeah that picture means Geno is in" yeah okay.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Alright, so I tried to do a little info digging on whether or not that Discord post was real.

Here’s a screenshot of a post from her:
41E0F49A-38AE-4853-9105-281237425876.jpeg

Now, I don’t know a whole lot about how Discord DMs work and if they would make your username look different (I hardly ever use it myself), but not only was her picture different, but also her name and color of said name.

It is possible that she changed it since that message was posted, but I don’t think that’s likely. Also, has anyone checked to see if this image is edited? Because that could help majorly, just saying.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
I’m not “defending a troll post.” I’m waiting till the chickens hatch before I count them.
Dude you literally said “geno will never be in smash” and “i need to take a break from speculation” after Geno wasn’t revealed during Evo (which is something that we all hoped for but there was 0 evidence to suggest it actually happening). You’re overreacting to everything and it just isn’t a good look. Take a step back and breathe.

All you are talking about is the damn Starling picture. It’d be nice if it was hinting to Geno but if it isn’t, it really doesn’t matter at all. There is actual real evidence for us to be discussing instead of screaming about the Starling reveal date every day

MissingGlitch

Smash Master

Yeah I don't know if anyone else is getting heavily annoyed by it but it seems to be common for people to say "Hey don't believe or listen to 4chan and GameFAQs !!" Yet every single post and everything they do gets posted here without fail.

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Dude you literally said “geno will never be in smash” and “i need to take a break from speculation” after Geno wasn’t revealed during Evo (which is something that we all hoped for but there was 0 evidence to suggest it actually happening). You’re overreacting to everything and it just isn’t a good look. Take a step back and breathe.

All you are talking about is the damn Starling picture. It’d be nice if it was hinting to Geno but if it isn’t, it really doesn’t matter at all. There is actual real evidence for us to be discussing instead of screaming about the Starling reveal date every day
I said “Geno will never be in Smash” as a joke. It was to poke fun at the post-evo doomsday.

No, I seriously don’t know why you guys try to insist there is better evidence than this. Like I’ve already explained multiple times, the Mii Costume is fickle, it could easily be removed alltogether or put into another DLC pack.

Firox

Smash Master
I don't know about giving them backstories, but during the Smash 4 era, my friends and I had a blast with "Celebrity Deathmatches". Before each Smashfest, we'd all try our hand at making various celebrity Mii fighters to duke it out in 8-player smash. We had all sorts of classics like Kanye West, Michael Jackson, Hilary Clinton, "The Donald", Morgan Freeman, Tom Cruise, Liam Neeson, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, etc. Can't tell you how hard we laughed when Kanye West went head-planking across the stage to kill Carlos Mencia. lol "FISH STICKS!!!"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Today, it is a special day.

It isn't just the anniversary of Metroid (one of my top favourite videogame series alongside Dragon Quest and Crash Bandicoot), but also my cousins' birthday.

I'm gonna gift them God Of War 4 later today since they really want the game.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Today, it is a special day.

It isn't just the anniversary of Metroid (one of my top favourite videogame series alongside Dragon Quest and Crash Bandicoot), but also my cousins' birthday.

I'm gonna gift them God Of War 4 later today since they really want the game.
Happy birthday, JD's cuz and Samus and Ridley!! Whoo!

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Here's a little Geno model I made!
it isn't supposed to be high quality like the smash renders or anything...
it's the same one in my profile
https://twitter.com/Elmorethemagic/status/1158703982430359552
its cool!
as a modeler i feel like i am the only SMRPG fan modeler who still havent modeled Geno yet even though many people have asked me to do it for years.
it might happen some day eventually but its not going to be the SMRPG original design since already some people have surpassed me in making a Geno model so the design that i am thinking is in your profile pic FalconFire93 FalconFire93 which was a sprite i have done few years ago and its the super Mario-kun manga design which no one has modeled it yet.
I see some creativity lurking in this thread...

so I decided to put Geno in DOOM:

(yeah, I don't have a whole lot I can think of doing. I was bored anyway)
hey smashboards how do i give a like to someone's post twice?
Doomguy carries Geno into Smash
if miiverse was still a thing i will go ahead and draw it
If you could get 5 echo fighters for DLC...

1. Akechi (Joker)
2. Impa (Sheik)
3. Proto Man (Mega Man)
4. Dixie (Diddy Kong)
5. Ninten (Ness)
1. Ninten:ultness:
2. Boshi:ultyoshi:
3. Blood Falcon:ultfalcon:
4. Dry Bowser:ultbowser:
5. Booster:ultwario:

Status
Not open for further replies.