• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I said “Geno will never be in Smash” as a joke. It was o poke fun at the post-evo doomsday.

No, I seriously don’t know why you guys try to insist there is better evidence than this. Like I’ve already explained multiple times, the Mii Costume is fickle, it could easily be removed alltogether or put into another DLC pack.
Put into another DLC pack...because Square Enix is so amenable to let their IPs be second fiddle to whoever the costume would come with, right? Do you understand how ridiculous that sounds? With the big deal he made about the Geno costume last time and the interviews he had around its release, it would make ZERO sense to remove it from the game entirely, and there's a incredibly low chance that it's going to launch alongside some other character.

People in this thread have been dreading the return of the Mii costume since Ultimate was announced. We were convinced that if there was another Square Enix character, he would come back as a costume and that would be the end of Geno (I personally believe a costume would be the end). And yet here we are, in the timeline where Hero did NOT come with Geno's costume, and you're still treating it like it doesn't mean anything? You're saying it's fickle?! The Geno costume not being back is literally the best news we've had since Smash speculation began. In 10 years Geno has never had a real "win" with regard to Smash. There's always been arguments against him, and every single one has been eroded. The costume was the final frontier. Everything that came before it was demolished. Square Enix has not one but two characters now, and the amount of DQ content we have shows that they're willing to play ball. Banjo getting in shows us that even the most crazy scenarios are now possible.

I would really appreciate it if you stopped posting about that nonsense "Sabi" conversation too, please. The fact that she was posting in this thread yesterday should tell you all you need to know about her stance with the image. Unless you plan on calling the people in this thread who use her discord liars, the people who were there when the image was leaked and have been the ones who have actually discussed it with the leaker, then you need to drop it. You don't think that maybe she would have said it had nothing to do with Geno yesterday when she posted in the Geno thread? You think that Gamefaqs user #254562 has knowledge we're not privy to? Enough is enough.

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
So I guess nothing is allowed to be said unless it's positive like "oh yeah that picture means Geno is in" yeah okay.
Well that's not even close to what I said. But allow me to clarify. Just because some time has passed doesn't make the bird any more or less likely to be geno. It's basically a non entity at this point until we have more stuff to compare it to. At no point did I say or even imply that the bird is confirmed for geno.
You're acting like the passage of time with no new information somehow changes the largely non time sensitive hint we have.

Today, it is a special day.

It isn't just the anniversary of Metroid (one of my top favourite videogame series alongside Dragon Quest and Crash Bandicoot), but also my cousins' birthday.

I'm gonna gift them God Of War 4 later today since they really want the game.
Happy Birthday to your cousin!

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Put into another DLC pack...because Square Enix is so amenable to let their IPs be second fiddle to whoever the costume would come with, right? Do you understand how ridiculous that sounds? With the big deal he made about the Geno costume last time and the interviews he had around its release, it would make ZERO sense to remove it from the game entirely, and there's a incredibly low chance that it's going to launch alongside some other character.

People in this thread have been dreading the return of the Mii costume since Ultimate was announced. We were convinced that if there was another Square Enix character, he would come back as a costume and that would be the end of Geno (I personally believe a costume would be the end). And yet here we are, in the timeline where Hero did NOT come with Geno's costume, and you're still treating it like it doesn't mean anything? You're saying it's fickle?! The Geno costume not being back is literally the best news we've had since Smash speculation began. In 10 years Geno has never had a real "win" with regard to Smash. There's always been arguments against him, and every single one has been eroded. The costume was the final frontier. Everything that came before it was demolished. Square Enix has not one but two characters now, and the amount of DQ content we have shows that they're willing to play ball. Banjo getting in shows us that even the most crazy scenarios are now possible.

I would really appreciate it if you stopped posting about that nonsense "Sabi" conversation too, please. The fact that she was posting in this thread yesterday should tell you all you need to know about her stance with the image. Unless you plan on calling the people in this thread who use her discord liars, the people who were there when the image was leaked and have been the ones who have actually discussed it with the leaker, then you need to drop it. You don't think that maybe she would have said it had nothing to do with Geno yesterday when she posted in the Geno thread? You think that Gamefaqs user #254562 has knowledge we're not privy to? Enough it enough.
This type of post reminds me of the kind of people who thought Shadow and Isaac were definite locks for Ultimate because their Assist Trophies kept continually not being shown.

Yeah, after being massively burned one time, I can’t do that again. The Geno costume is fickle to me, and is only strong as evidence when paired with other evidence

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Yeah, after being massively burned one time, I can’t do that again.
If KCCHIEFS and Fatmanonice can be posting in Geno threads since regularly 2007 I think you can probably manage potentially being let down a second time

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
It's not fair to say it's Geno for sure. It's not fair to say it's not Geno. We don't know for sure (like it's been repeated countless times by this point.....) and we should stop acting like we do know. Some of us are acting like we know everything about it and think we should be able to talk down to others for not thinking the same way. In general it's maybe not a good idea to go to a support thread and try to talk people out of their character. And supporters should not go all in on their character confirmation without solid proof. Evo happened because speculation got taken as confirmation.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Because he's cool, awesome, fits with the smash crowd and he doesn't need blood to look cool.
Why can't people at Discord just say this to me in the place of trashing my existence and everything I like for mentioning my lack of interest on Doomguy?

Seriously, if it was as simple as this I would not have a literal fatigue of the character in general.

I would not have to worry about this at all if things were this calm.

Dynamic Worlok

This type of post reminds me of the kind of people who thought Shadow and Isaac were definite locks for Ultimate because their Assist Trophies kept continually not being shown.

Yeah, after being massively burned one time, I can’t do that again. The Geno costume is fickle to me, and is only strong as evidence when paired with other evidence
If a leak being fake is honestly so traumatic an experience, then I sincerely recommend taking a break from smash speculation

StarLight42

Smash Lord
If a leak being fake is honestly so traumatic an experience, then I sincerely recommend taking a break from smash speculation
I did take a break from Smash speculation after the Grinch leak, many people did.

Not sure why you’re seeing this is a new thing.

Dynamic Worlok

I did take a break from Smash speculation after the Grinch leak, many people did.

Not sure why you’re seeing this is a new thing.
Mayhap a longer break is necessary, if you still bear scars from a largely inconsequential fake piece of information

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
What if Geno happened in a second fighter pass at worst?
I'd be happy as a lark. If that's what it takes, I will happily wait for him in such a case.

Also, all of you guys need to relax, honestly. Breathe. Get some fresh air. Holy moly, relaaaaaax.

D

Deleted member

I took a break from the internet as a whole during February mostly since that month went so awful for my family and I that my mind wasn't sane enough to be online back then.

MomijiInubashiri630

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna be honest, I feel pretty bad for Fatman right about now. He probably regrets even sharing the image at this point due to what it has caused. He thought it would be a fun possible little hint towards Geno, and well it can still be, but everyone took it too seriously and it's starting to get people actually upset. You guys are freaking out and you really need to calm down, maybe this is why so many people think Genofans are kind of a joke? It's not fair but it's 100% expected for Fatman and Sabi to have to deal with this, and it kind of sucks :/

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Alright gang we finally hit the big 1234 and have taken the throne of #2. #1 is currently 719 pages from being overtaken but the fact that it's a matter of how much time we get to do it not if it's possible at all is awesome.

Loog

Smash Apprentice
I think it a little silly that you would have to take a break in the first place.

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

I

I think it a little silly that you would have to take a break in the first place.
I mean I'm not trying to mock people that need to take a break. Sometimes people put a little too Much of themselves into an issue or an online community. Such a personal commitment can become unhealthy without breaking away every so often. I've been there before.

D

Deleted member

I

Tbf, if your sanity isn't good enough to talk with anyone on the internet (as it happened to me during February due to the past three deaths, the family drama and my intense track of bad luck)... You would honestly need a lot of time out of the net in order to get your stuff up from all the twisted stuff on your brain.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I

The Smash fanbase became cancerous in the post-Grinch leak days with all the Plant Gang nonsense and “BTFO Isaac, BTFO Geno” etc. A break was absolutely necessary

D

Deleted member

The Smash fanbase became cancerous in the post-Grinch leak days with all the Plant Gang nonsense and “BTFO Isaac, BTFO Geno” etc. A break was absolutely necessary
And in my case the stuff that went on in my life just made it harder to stand all the drama going on in the community at all.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm gonna be honest, I feel pretty bad for Fatman right about now. He probably regrets even sharing the image at this point due to what it has caused. He thought it would be a fun possible little hint towards Geno, and well it can still be, but everyone took it too seriously and it's starting to get people actually upset. You guys are freaking out and you really need to calm down, maybe this is why so many people think Genofans are kind of a joke? It's not fair but it's 100% expected for Fatman and Sabi to have to deal with this, and it kind of sucks :/
Yeah, Fatman and Sabi shouldn't be harassed over this. They're only trying to figure this out like we are, so don't blame them.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I cannot agree more. Moments like these just give me secondhand embarrassment.

Dynamic Worlok

It really is a shame that people get so out of control at the drop of a hat. As soon as a little tidbit comes out, it's like there's blood in the water.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
It's /v/, they're cancerous about games in general, so it's not worth giving them any of our time
I'm on /v/ for a minimum of 2 hours a day. It's the funniest website I've ever had the pleasure of being part of.

Loog

Smash Apprentice
I mean I'm not trying to mock people that need to take a break. Sometimes people put a little too Much of themselves into an issue or an online community. Such a personal commitment can become unhealthy without breaking away every so often. I've been there before.
But why is only speculation cuasing so much stress?

Last edited:

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
Hi guys,

I don't post much, but for what it's worth I thought the starling picture could only reference either Geno (my first thought, with it being a STARling after all), Edelgard from FE, or a pokemon (unlikeliest).

Having gotten Ridley, K. Rool, AND Banjo (my top 3 most wanted), I just wanted to say I support Geno and you guys and hope that the stars align for your most wanted right now. For a long time I didn't think he deserved a spot, but having seen characters like Corrin, PP, and Chrom I think that more Nintendo characters are the best option going forward, and maybe having Geno would lead to a remake of Mario RPG, which was great, so I'm ready to throw my hopes behind Geno, alongside any new F-Zero rep which would be ideal. Geno fans have never been cancerous, which is pleasant.

I initially thought that spirits deconfirmed characters, and still pretty much do, but with trophies for Mewtwo in Smash 4 not deconfirming him for DLC I think it's appropriate to say Geno still has a chance, and the Mii costume being absent is highly suspect, especially considering they easily could have brought it back due to them having Geno as a spirit already, meaning they've already procured the rights in some shape or form already for Ultimate.

I've been around for the pre-Brawl speculation as a Ridley and K. Rool supporter predominantly, so I remember when Geno was second to only Ridley in terms of want, so I understand the pain you've all gone through to wait for inclusion. Hell, I even thought Ridley was in Melee when the opening was revealed, so it took well over 15 years for my wishes to be granted.

For what it's worth, the leaker could have sent any old picture of a European Starling, but chose to have one on a house. If you google image search "Starling", "European Starling", or anything similar, you don't get the picture they sent over. It was potentially a conscious choice to find that specific picture, though I have no idea what if any significance it being on a house is (this is why I consider the possibility of the picture to reference Edelgard, though doubtful).

Anyways thanks for listening.

Dynamic Worlok

But why is only speculation and such cuasing so much stress?
Because people put too much of themselves into it sometimes, to such a degree that it becomes unhealthy. It's essential to keep a healthy amount of disconnect and bear in mind that it's a video game we're getting so fiery about. (And it's perfectly ok to get fiery over a video game, just not to the point where it becomes detrimental to ones mental state)

I just had a thought.. STARling... S.T.A.R.S ... Clarice starling... Oh my god! Nemesis and Hannibal Lecter confirmed for DLC 4 and 5!

Last edited:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
For what it's worth, the leaker could have sent any old picture of a European Starling, but chose to have one on a house. If you google image search "Starling", "European Starling", or anything similar, you don't get the picture they sent over. It was potentially a conscious choice to find that specific picture, though I have no idea what if any significance it being on a house is (this is why I consider the possibility of the picture to reference Edelgard, though doubtful).

Anyways thanks for listening.
Yeah it's confirmed the species of bird matters and that it's got nothing to do with Fire Emblem

Ovaltine

Smash Master
No, though I should try to do that with the next Mii I make
Try making, like, a burger Mii and have them go ham in Smash. It's the best way to use a Mii fighter. Never did I think I'd be able to fight as a hamburger in Smash, but look at where we are now.

Dynamic Worlok

Try making, like, a burger Mii and have them go ham in Smash. It's the best way to use a Mii fighter. Never did I think I'd be able to fight as a hamburger in Smash, but look at where we are now.
Reminds me of another mii I have. This one is named Smart Food. He's the result of a genetic engineering experiment to combine a man with baked cheetos. The result being a horrible abomination who has to defeat and absorb other fighters for their sweet sweet brain nutrients. (It's how he stays alive)

.. I might be a little messed up

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom