• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Hey so, an update to the Sabi screenshot: it's real. Unlike the person who very much likely screenshot their conversation without permission and then shared it online without permission, I very much got permission and will show it.

Sorry I didn't get it sooner, but I was responding to things and partially also forgot because I have hamster brain.

Remember, this doesn't mean the Starling images isn't about Geno, it just means that Sabi was clearing up nothing was directly about Geno 100%.

AKA she still doesn't know.
So basically, real conversation, but fake news from misinterpretation. She doesn't know what it's from.

Again, why do we take GameFAQs seriously? The fact that a bunch of misinformation sprouted from that is ridiculous. Also, people are stating that Sabi 'believes it's related to Pokemon', but I've seen no source of that either. More misinterpretation, or something actually factual?

Thanks for clearing this up, though. What a freaking mess.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hey so, an update to the Sabi screenshot: it's real. Unlike the person who very much likely screenshot their conversation without permission and then shared it online without permission, I very much got permission and will show it.

Sorry I didn't get it sooner, but I was responding to things and partially also forgot because I have hamster brain.

Remember, this doesn't mean the Starling images isn't about Geno, it just means that Sabi was clearing up nothing was directly about Geno 100%.

Also, I found a sick remix of BOTFM yet again, this one made earlier this year!
Exactly how I said. Thanks for posting this.

GameFAQs does have a weird hate boner for Geno and I don't get it. One of the mods stepped into that thread and was super cool but a good chunk of people were just being turbo douches for the sake of it. For example, the one person claiming Sabi was a disgraced fraud got me boiling. Yeah, sure, the most reliable insider spokesmen this past year who near single handedly leaked a majority of the E3 and EVO announcements is a fraud; whatever you say, friend...

Last edited:

Loog

Smash Apprentice
If it be fine I'd like to ask what is everyones history with smrpg like your impressions of geno when you were first introduced to the character?

MattX20

Smash Hero
So basically, real conversation, but fake news from misinterpretation. She doesn't know what it's from.

Again, why do we take GameFAQs seriously? The fact that a bunch of misinformation sprouted from that is ridiculous. Also, people are stating that Sabi 'believes it's related to Pokemon', but I've seen no source of that either. More misinterpretation, or something actually factual?

It's going to be messy for a while. All we can really do is wait and hope for the best. We avoided a potential death knell last week with the Mii Costume being missing, so we still have a chance.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord

I gotchu Geno Fam, I GOTCHU!

Also, I think that the Pokemon part comes from the fact that she said it could be Pokemon. Once again, no one will know unless it's completely obvious when revealed or ya NoA source boi comes out and tells us what it is going to be/what is was.

Speaking of Pokemon, Sabi already tweeted possibly getting info on it later today. She told me to be quiet about it, but then went public, so I'm unsure of what to say...so I'll say this:

IF she does get some information, you MAY want to get on top of that unless you don't want to be spoiled for tomorrow. If you don't want to be spoiled, I would suggest not reading anything she posts about it SHOULD she get information. That and I would expect a certain video from a certain someone around the same time.

EDIT: Just to make it sure and crystal clear, I'm not saying she currently has any information. I'm saying she could be getting information. Currently, she has none. We will know later today.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Aha, I think I pinpointed what about this is bothering me. I'm slow as balls, but it finally clicked.

The intent of the screenshot being posted remains to be seen, but what I see from those outside of the contact is using the information to further their 'Geno's fans are delusional and reaching' agenda. Along with that, using this as proof that Geno is 'definitely deconfirmed' and that Geno's fans are 'deluding themselves into thinking he's 100% in' is apparently happening, which is honestly hilarious. I guess extremes are all that exist and not grey areas, eh? I don't think the starling means Geno at this point, but boy. I haven't once seen anyone say Geno is definitely happening, not once, especially not from the starling. My goodness.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019

Right, so this guy took a conversation out of context to try and dab on the genoids.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Feels vindicating that it was a real DM. Just because it came from GameFAQS doesn't mean it wasn't legitimate. I posted that and got angry responses from a lot of you because it could be seen as negative for Geno's chances, but i'm just trying to share the current state of information.

Still, disappointing that the guy took what Sabi said and twisted it into his own little story that it "definitely isn't Geno".

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Aha, I think I pinpointed what about this is bothering me. I'm slow as balls, but it finally clicked.

The intent of the screenshot being posted remains to be seen, but what I see from those outside of the contact is using the information to further their 'Geno's fans are delusional and reaching' agenda. Along with that, using this as proof that Geno is 'definitely deconfirmed' and that Geno's fans are 'deluding themselves into thinking he's 100% in' is apparently happening, which is honestly hilarious. I guess extremes are all that exist and not grey areas, eh? I don't think the starling means Geno at this point, but boy. I haven't once seen anyone say Geno is definitely happening, not once, especially not from the starling. My goodness.
This is essentially what that person was doing on resetera a few days ago with the picture they posted of a different sabi DM. People are messaging her and taking the fact that she isn't saying it's Geno out of context in order to support their narrative that it's not about Geno at all and we're being "delusional" about his chances. I don't understand how people can defend these folks as just being critical or skeptical when they're deliberately distorting information and using Sabi to do so. Pretty ****ed up imo

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
The other day I wondered; "who originally made the Geno doll in SMRPG"? Of course for the purpose of the plot back then, that didn't meant much since it was just some doll Gaz had but, it makes you wonder who actually made it.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Feels vindicating that it was a real DM. Just because it came from GameFAQS doesn't mean it wasn't legitimate. I posted that and got angry responses from a lot of you because it could be seen as negative for Geno's chances, but i'm just trying to share the current state of information.

Still, disappointing that the guy took what Sabi said and twisted it into his own little story that it "definitely isn't Geno".
I apologize if my response was particularly hostile. I'm more than willing to take the L for that. I was really frustrated because I felt this was another case of misinformation. Granted, that is what it ended up being, but not because the DM was fabricated. Alas, it isn't the first time falsely disparaging stuff has come from that place, so it colored my vision a hell of a lot. :dizzy:

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
Because people put too much of themselves into it sometimes, to such a degree that it becomes unhealthy. It's essential to keep a healthy amount of disconnect and bear in mind that it's a video game we're getting so fiery about. (And it's perfectly ok to get fiery over a video game, just not to the point where it becomes detrimental to ones mental state)

I just had a thought.. STARling... S.T.A.R.S ... Clarice starling... Oh my god! Nemesis and Hannibal Lecter confirmed for DLC 4 and 5!
LoL Hannibal Lecter? Isn't that kinda dark for Smash Bros? Then again, I could just imagine how that developer meeting would've gone...

Sakurai: "Alright, people, good job with Hero's release. We really knocked that one out of the park."

Dev team member: "So what now, Boss? Who are we putting in the game next? Shantae? Crash?

Sakurai: "Hannibal Lecter."

Dev team:".....uh...who?"

Sakurai: "Hannibal Lecter. You know, the serial killer from Silence of the Lambs? I've ALWAYS wanted to put him in the game."

(The whole room exchanges horrified glances. Then a plucky young intern stands up in the back of the room.)

Intern: "C'mon, you guys! It'll be awesome! It's not like we haven't dabbled in horror stuff before. Remember Wii fit trainer?"

(Everyone shrugs and begins to nod in agreement)

Dev team member: "Take THAT, fan-made rules!"

Sakurai smiles wide: "I've taught you well, my disciples."

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Pretty much. It's almost like they hate the idea of him being playable or something
They do, but it's ok because I hate all the lame zoomer choices they come up with too. Will be that much sweeter when Geno's in.

The other day I wondered; "who originally made the Geno doll in SMRPG"? Of course for the purpose of the plot back then, that didn't meant much since it was just some doll Gaz had but, it makes you wonder who actually made it.
The world of Super Mario RPG is stuck in a causality loop/predestination paradox. The doll only comes in to being when Geno's spirit evacuates it. Time travel is involved. Very complicated stuff.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I apologize if my response was particularly hostile. I'm more than willing to take the L for that. I was really frustrated because I felt this was another case of misinformation. Granted, that is what it ended up being, but not because the DM was fabricated. Alas, it isn't the first time falsely disparaging stuff has come from that place, so it colored my vision a hell of a lot. :dizzy:
I know, it ended up the DM was real, but the context was fabricated. I won't share anything else from GameFAQs, I just thought this guy was legit and not just another Geno detractor because he said he had connections to Sabi so I guess I assumed...I don't know, maturity? Guess you can't find that at all on GameFAQS.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord

Several prominentl SmashFAQers aren't happy unless they have something to hate. And if what they hates becomes playable (Ridley, Banjo, etc)? They just move onto the next character to hate.

Funny thing, they angerily complain and whine about fans being obsessed, but they are pretty quiet when a hater is obsessed, like a user intentionally taking messages out of context. They also like to bandwagon on negatives and will support a naysayer than a hopeful.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord

People weren’t angry that it might be real holy crap dude. I got angry because I feel like you’ve demonstrated that you don’t at all have a handle on the evidence for Geno in smash. You are putting everything on a vague bird image and pretending that is the be all end all.

Stating that Sabi doesn’t specifically agree or know that it is about Geno means NOTHING for Geno’s overall chances to get into the game.

Can we as a thread stop DMing Sabi to “see for ourselves” what she has to say? The self-importance and “I CALLED IT! MEMEMEME” attitude in this thread is real.

Sabi has said for a month now (and even stated in this thread yesterday) that she has no idea what the image is about and she doesn’t seem to be too big into speculating too much into things, so of course she won’t say “yeah i think its geno!” Someone in her position can’t say that unless they are certain.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Eyes down here people!
!
!
V

Also, I found a sick remix of BOTFM yet again, this one made earlier this year!

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Hurry be depressed! No wait nevermind hurry get hype he’s in!!! Never any in between in here for most of you.

Some of you need to find more life enrichment outside of this thread because this blind attitude aint it chiefs.

Look past this bird image that popped up a month ago and look at the real evidence for Geno. Being upset about the starling image is no different than being upset that nothing was shown at Evo. You’re putting blind faith in random dates/things instead of looking at the facts.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
As I've said, all we can really do is wait and hope for the best. If the Pokemon info dump proves what I'm suspecting, the starling image won't be leaked to Pokemon. So, let's calm down for a bit, and try to look at a more optimistic approach. We survived the potential Mii Figther costume death knell, and we still don't know who the last 2 Fighter Pass characters are yet. Let's just take this a day at a time and not go into panics

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Make that 2005. We along with Xigger, Tbone, Psycho, etc were part of the "Geno Alliance" on Nsider so we've been at this for roughly 14 years, nevermind our own individual online efforts before that with mine going back to 2002.
I wish I was more vocal.

I've always wanted Geno since 2006 but I didn't start participating in discussions about him until like 2012. I guess I was too satisfied with Brawl at that point. Man how times change.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
As I've said, all we can really do is wait and hope for the best. If the Pokemon info dump proves what I'm suspecting, the starling image won't be leaked to Pokemon. So, let's calm down for a bit, and try to look at a more optimistic approach. We survived the potential Mii Figther costume death knell, and we still don't know who the last 2 Fighter Pass characters are yet. Let's just take this a day at a time and not go into panics
Can I see the Pokemon info dump? Or is it private?

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
People weren’t angry that it might be real holy crap dude. I got angry because I feel like you’ve demonstrated that you don’t at all have a handle on the evidence for Geno in smash. You are putting everything on a vague bird image and pretending that is the be all end all.

Stating that Sabi doesn’t specifically agree or know that it is about Geno means NOTHING for Geno’s overall chances to get into the game.

Can we as a thread stop DMing Sabi to “see for ourselves” what she has to say? The self-importance and “I CALLED IT! MEMEMEME” attitude in this thread is real.

Sabi has said for a month now (and even stated in this thread yesterday) that she has no idea what the image is about and she doesn’t seem to be too big into speculating too much into things, so of course she won’t say “yeah i think its geno!” Someone in her position can’t say that unless they are certain.
Frankly, good sir, I will message Sabi as much as she will allow. I hung out with her way before she really got into the leaking business and we made jokes and laughed and had a good time! I should do that more, but now that she is an active leaker with multiple sources instead of just a chick on the internet that knows someone who knows someone, it's been a bit more difficult.

Sorry, I understand exactly what you meant, I just couldn't resist a 'dapper top hat and monocle' moment.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Frankly, good sir, I will message Sabi as much as she will allow. I hung out with her way before she really got into the leaking business and we made jokes and laughed and had a good time! I should do that more, but now that she is an active leaker with multiple sources instead of just a chick on the internet that knows someone who knows someone, it's been a bit more difficult.

Sorry, I understand exactly what you meant, I just couldn't resist a 'dapper top hat and monocle' moment.
Yeah of course knowing her is an exception. But I’m getting the sense that she is getting dozens of PMs daily from randoms asking her about a picture of a bird

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Yeah of course knowing her is an exception. But I’m getting the sense that she is getting dozens of PMs daily from randoms asking her about a picture of a bird
I'm gonna be the one to get to the bottom of this! No one has ever thought of PMing her before!!

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Yeah man, I beat she gets metric **** tons of PMs now that she's known as a leaker. That's gotten blow, ESPECIALLY since she's known to have leaked Smash stuff.

This community going in on her rn.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Yeah man, I beat she gets metric **** tons of PMs now that she's known as a leaker. That's gotten blow, ESPECIALLY since she's known to have leaked Smash stuff.

This community going in on her rn.
And I gave her my condolences over her being harassed by people over the starling pic. Honestly, I'm glad she's not doing any more of them if only to spite them and their sense of self entitlement

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
So my brother's father's sister's friend's coworker's roommate's godmother's coach's therapist's cosplayer's boyfriend's girlfriend's single's cousin passed by their boss's pet's neighbor's prisoner's brother and heard him answer 'Gee, no' to the giant burger asking if he wanted fries with that.

I unguess Geno will never not be misunconplayable any time soon never yes.

Oh well.

Elmorethemagician

Smash Journeyman
So my brother's father's sister's friend's coworker's roommate's godmother's coach's therapist's cosplayer's boyfriend's girlfriend's single's cousin passed by their boss's pet's neighbor's prisoner's brother and heard him answer 'Gee, no' to the giant burger asking if he wanted fries with that.

Oh well.
that's fine we'll start speculating for Booster
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQYCu5EZOGI

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't see why people are getting so bent out of shape either way over that Starling pic. There just isn't enough specific information to make a conclusion. But does that cancel out all the other positive signs we've seen? Hell no. I never derived my hope from that picture to begin with. I'd give it another two weeks, tops. If we don't see anything definitive to link to the picture, then I would simply disregard it entirely and move on. Nothing lost, nothing gained.

D

Deleted member

Oh well.
>Me trying to understand what the post says
1F4B5320-8662-4AA5-83B2-023D43DD8A3D.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom