• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
If KCCHIEFS and Fatmanonice can be posting in Geno threads since regularly 2007 I think you can probably manage potentially being let down a second time
For most of us, it's been at least four-five times we have been burned by Sakurai, yet we are still here lol

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Reminds me of another mii I have. This one is named Smart Food. He's the result of a genetic engineering experiment to combine a man with baked cheetos. The result being a horrible abomination who has to defeat and absorb other fighters for their sweet sweet brain nutrients. (It's how he stays alive)

.. I might be a little messed up
This? This is what Nintendo had in mind getting Mii fighters into Smash 4/Ultimate. This kind of glory, this is what they intended.

They must be so proud.

D

Deleted member

Try making, like, a burger Mii and have them go ham in Smash. It's the best way to use a Mii fighter. Never did I think I'd be able to fight as a hamburger in Smash, but look at where we are now.
I want to make a Mii of the crying laughing emoji and give it a backstory.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
This? This is what Nintendo had in mind getting Mii fighters into Smash 4/Ultimate. This kind of glory, this is what they intended.

They must be so proud.
Seriously, the mii fighters become like 20 times more fun when you give them a ridiculous origin story/motivation. Right now I just have them for smart food and king kid kool, but I have to do it more

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Seriously, the mii fighters become like 20 times more fun when you give them a ridiculous origin story/motivation. Right now I just have them for smart food and king kid kool, but I have to do it more
"This is Tom. His brother Tim betrayed him and they fought over a bucket of fried chicken. Tim loved the chicken more than he did Tom and now Tom seeks vengeance on anyway who stands in his way and he vows never to eat fried chicken ever again"

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Frankly I think what's made this speculation cycle so frustrating for so many people creating the attitude and issues were continuing to deal with is how Nintendo decided to do the dlc. Sans one grinch leak base was fine. Like every other game we got a hard release date and a relatively consistent trickle of updates. No promises, no expectations just a series of nice surprises. Then dlc roled around and Nintendo announced 5 fighters as a season pass to be released over the next 14 months. No info on who they are, when there planned to come out, when there going to tell us about them at all. Nothing. So the community has just been left to boil over as random info is just spontaneously dropped with little warning or as it now seems to be the norm released without any real rhyme or reason. Anything we have is from speculation on possibilities and even if its obvious like e3 its still always totally up in the air what there going to do as we found out with evo.Anyone mature can wait out a deadline or weather out a hope like us and geno but being given an expectation and being completely left in the dark as to anything going on is rough and I think it's really starting to show in full force with the starling and evo debacles. Hopefully future dlc or additional passes try to fix that or at the very least give us more then 24 hours notice to the characters release date, that's just sad.

D

Deleted member

People also need to learn to be nicer in general, imo.

There’s too much trouble on places such as Discord started by people who still believe in locks.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
For me, this has actually been a stress-free environment, even with some of the excitement and drama taking place. I have fun speculating and reading other people's comments here and there. There's definitely some characters in this thread and I enjoy reading their posts; I guess I just have some sort of disconnection between being hyped for video games and where my emotions lie. I'm just thinking Smash Ultimate is already an amazing experience, and I hope it gets even more amazing with Geno's inclusion. I think supporting a character can also bring out all kinds of creativity in their respective fanbases, considering the works done by fans of King K. Rool, Ridley, Banjo-Kazooie and even returning characters. If things are getting too tense for some people here maybe they should channel that same energy for something creative for Geno or something else, or just take a break. I don't think anyone should be wound-up so tight after all this speculation, but in part I can understand the urgency of the need to know. Anyway, I hope everybody here can relax and have a nice day!

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I'm gonna be honest, I feel pretty bad for Fatman right about now. He probably regrets even sharing the image at this point due to what it has caused. He thought it would be a fun possible little hint towards Geno, and well it can still be, but everyone took it too seriously and it's starting to get people actually upset. You guys are freaking out and you really need to calm down, maybe this is why so many people think Genofans are kind of a joke? It's not fair but it's 100% expected for Fatman and Sabi to have to deal with this, and it kind of sucks :/
I was going to write something controversial about this but I'm going to not do that. All I'm going to say is don't waste your breath against an aggressive community that will refuse to change and if you are a leaker, do not attempt to play with a community who's sole goal is to quench on information.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
For most of us, it's been at least four-five times we have been burned by Sakurai, yet we are still here lol
Been a geno supporter damn near as long as fatman and chief, been burned just as much.

Still will support him until I’m a dusty bag of bones.

I sure as hell won’t give up even after all these years, some of y’all newer fans can hold out a bit longer.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
People also need to learn to be nicer in general, imo.

There’s too much trouble on places such as Discord started by people who still believe in locks.
The only fact that I can say is a lock is that nothing is a lock.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Yeah having miis available for online is frankly one of my favorite things they did for ultimate because now they can't be tossed aside for legitimate play like custom moves, supers, and now squad strike(my favorite thing ever as a mvc fan). It sucks that it couldn't happen in time for the geno costume but I can still rock my boys bootleg Isaac and Ray mklll

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I'm gonna be honest, I feel pretty bad for Fatman right about now. He probably regrets even sharing the image at this point due to what it has caused. He thought it would be a fun possible little hint towards Geno, and well it can still be, but everyone took it too seriously and it's starting to get people actually upset. You guys are freaking out and you really need to calm down, maybe this is why so many people think Genofans are kind of a joke? It's not fair but it's 100% expected for Fatman and Sabi to have to deal with this, and it kind of sucks :/
Honestly, Ultimate's speculation cycle has been bad for several character fanbases and the general Smash fanbase's images, which is ironic as Ultimate delivered so many fan favorites. This cycle has seen the smash fanbase look so impatient, whiney, and spoiled. From the fights against insiders during the Grinch Hoax, to people investigating an unrelated ad company during the Grinch mess, complaining about a Direct delay because a major earthquake occurred, craving/pleading for information desperately for a game that had an 8 month wait time, every single 'leak' being treated as gospel, overanalyzing everything, every damn thing being a -theory, and generally being rude.

And now this bird picture, which got so bad that multiple people from the Discord had to come in here to explain what limited information they have several times and some people are STILL asking for already covered answers almost to the point of a second by second breakdown ('But when he sent the bird picture, was he also eating a specific type of cereal? That could be important!')

Thankfully good has come out of this cycle too (the K Rool letter, the crazy wild audience cheers, the avalanche of happy fan art). But there are people from across many of the fanbases who need to back off and stop treating this game as the most important thing ever. They are focusing on it to obsessive levels, or like an addiction ('Come on, man, I need my fix. Just one character hint and i'll be fine. Just 2 characters, 3, 4, and I'll start fresh and better tomorrow after that 5th character hint. 6.')

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Thankfully good has come out of this cycle too (the K Rool letter, the crazy wild audience cheers, the avalanche of happy fan art). But there are people from across many of the fanbases who need to back off and stop treating this game as the most important thing ever. They are focusing on it to obsessive levels, or like an addiction ('Come on, man, I need my fix. Just one character hint and i'll be fine. Just 2 characters, 3, 4, and I'll start fresh and better tomorrow after that 5th character hint. 6.')
Don't forget that there was also a huge gratitude letter from Banjo and Kazooie's fans, too! I'd know, given I jumped on that sucker.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If KCCHIEFS and Fatmanonice can be posting in Geno threads since regularly 2007 I think you can probably manage potentially being let down a second time
Make that 2005. We along with Xigger, Tbone, Psycho, etc were part of the "Geno Alliance" on Nsider so we've been at this for roughly 14 years, nevermind our own individual online efforts before that with mine going back to 2002.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Don't forget that there was also a huge gratitude letter from Banjo and Kazooie's fans, too! I'd know, given I jumped on that sucker.
I signed onto that letter as well. Banjo and Kazooie were definitely in my top 5, and maybe were my number 1 most wanted when I was younger, but I can't remember

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
I signed onto that letter as well. Banjo and Kazooie were definitely in my top 5, and maybe were my number 1 most wanted when I was younger, but I can't remember
Actually, Okami got a letter back from Nintendo a few weeks after he snail-mailed it for us. Never let ****ty fans convince you everybody's like that. I'm a Genobro and I helped *organize* that damn campaign. Arguing we're all a bunch of spoiled brats is disingenuous at best.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

An important DQ server made by the western fandom is also working on a fan letter for Sakurai!

We are taking our time with it, but it seems that things are going smooth regarding that.

D

Deleted member

Found a leak you guys might be interested in.
Yeah I saw that yesterday and I honestly don't believe it. It ticks off pretty much the "Fake leak checklist" but I could see Sakurai doing something like this if Geno were to get in.

Last edited by a moderator:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I've been imagining Xander Mobus voicing him lately. My idea used to be Kirbopher before, well... stuff happened there. (The thought of him alone makes me shudder lol.) That said, Xander's Joker voice, maybe with a biiiiit of a higher pitch, really fits Geno imo. He has the intensity and coolness, as well as the feather light tone and inflection that I always imagined he had.

Besides, narrator Xander saying Joker's and Geno's names as the two go head-to-head? Beautiful scenario. :4pacman: Also, they both have guns. Geno's neutral special being Geno Beam? Basically... GUN. To top it all off, with the card suite theme-age in SMRPG, everyone has a normal suite (hearts, spades, clubs, diamonds) except for Geno, who has a star a.k.a a wild card a.k.a a joker.

What I'm saying is Geno is a Phantom Thief, thank you for coming to my TED Talk. (I even drew that one image of an All-out Attack Geno that blew up before rofl. Perfect.)

Source on that last claim, btw? I've never heard anything of the sort. That'd be... such a weird fit for Geno imo.
Dammit, I didn't know about that, what the hell man? Are there just that many corrupt people in the VA industry or what? Also, dammit dude, you were a legacy. Why do more and more people who I respect have to come out to be total asshats?

I resent that
You are all well and good in being able to resent that statement, and you are also allowed to enjoy Sw/Sh. Just keep in mind two things, if you would.

1. Others are allowed to not want Sw/Sh or be upset with GameFreak's lack of caring about the mainline Pokemon franchise.
  2. If you purchase either or both titles first-hand, you are telling GameFreak you want more of the same.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So Sabi is likely asleep for now, but hopefully she can get back to me about that image. I'm less worried about what was said and more worried that more assholes are taking screenshots without her permission and spreading it on the internet. It doesn't matter what she thinks about the Starling Image because she doesn't know what it means, and she was likely meaning that nothing specifically about Geno has emerged. Remember, she's in the same boat as us with this particular image leak.

My problem with this screenshot is that, her pfp WAS that pfp until early this morning, so it's entirely possible this conversation happened.

Okay, I've had enough of this.

Does Fatman deserve anyone to demand things of him? No

Does Fatman deserve to be harassed or hated on because of this? Absolutely not!

Is it partially his fault the thread got so crazy? Absolutely, and this needs to be accepted.

Because of what he posted and when he posted it, not only was it not okay with your group overall at the time that he did it and a sign of him giving into peer pressure, but it was literally the only thing we had to hold onto for weeks in the wake of nothing solid. Jon sharing otters does something for Nintendo overall, but not Smash and certainly not Geno. Thus, we had our first piece of news that REALLY could have been something it what seemed like ages.

The subthread clings to this information and debates and speculates for roughly three weeks until a lot of us are sure that Geno's Mii Costume will be shown with Hero's full gameplay reveal...and then it wasn't. This shot a lot of us through the roof, and we clung to what Fatman shared even harder, some of us like myself being convinced all three things (Jon's otters, starling image, and missing Mii Costume) meant that EVO would show something since the timing was just perfect. We were so sure that it meant something that some of us, once again myself included, that Nintendo would do something they have only done once before and announce something at even in some way shape or form.

And nothing happened.

When you take everything into account about no reveal or announcement at EVO from Nintendo, lots of things suddenly fall apart. Like the timing of all these things meant nothing, that Jon's otter sharing was likely for Hero and not for anything else, that the starling image from Sabi's NoA source is way past his normal 'image leak' resolution time, and how as awesome as it is that Geno's Mii Costume didn't return that it proves nothing either way and (like others have stated) it COULD possibly return in either a Sm4sh Costume Pack that returns all the old costumes that haven't come back...or, even worse, could return with the announcement of a different Square rep down the line (Square has a lot of iconic and beloved characters).

Basically, many of us were on a high that just kept getting better and better, and now the drugs have worn off and we are back to reality (oop, there goes gravity!) and it's not what we would have liked but it's the truth nonetheless. Now, imagine if Fatman had resisted our prodding and just made a post saying "Listen guys, I really can't share anything, and frankly I'm sorry I mentioned it. Just forget about it because it's likely nothing much anyway." What would have happened?

We would have likely calmed down, left him alone after being directed by the resident emotional control squad here (you all know who you are) and we would have had nothing but Jon (which we would have likely linked to Hero's gamplay reveal) and then the lack of a Mii Costume, which would have been uplifting but stopped right there. No one would have been looking at EVO for anything, no one would have overhyped themselves, and it's likely over half this thread wouldn't have even watched EVO at all.

Now, once again I STRESS: Fatman doesn't deserve any shade or demands, and the backlash and meltdown some of us had was all on those select people and no one else. It was not pretty, and it's sad because people who hate on us specifically came in just to enjoy our suffering from overhyping ourselves and got a good look at some of us at our lowest. But you know what didn't happen during that?

None of us attacked or hated on Sakurai. I think this is very important. We blamed Nintendo for being out of touch, some of us blamed Fatman for the info leak that got us riled up, and some of us blamed who we should have: ourselves for expecting something that was never destined to be...but none of us got mad at Sakurai. There were no Geno fans who got nearly as rabid as I've seen other character fanbases, and for that I'm actually kinda proud of us. This could have been a lot worse.

So, in otherwords, both parties are to blame: those of us who got on Fatman's case are to be blamed for being ridiculous about the whole thing, and Fatman is to blame because it was HIS action that actively lead to this happening and that part needs to be accepted. Other than that, it was simply timing.

So, what have we learned? Well, I think the subthread has HOPEFULLY learned to take everything with a grain of salt (lullaxchrisamiright?) and I think Fatman has learned that a good share of this thread is done with the speculation games and only looking for hard information, and thus even though he DID stress it was speculation he needs to stress EVEN HARDER next time for those in the back so that those who expect hard evidence know that isn't what he is sharing.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Honestly, Ultimate's speculation cycle has been bad for several character fanbases and the general Smash fanbase's images, which is ironic as Ultimate delivered so many fan favorites. This cycle has seen the smash fanbase look so impatient, whiney, and spoiled. From the fights against insiders during the Grinch Hoax, to people investigating an unrelated ad company during the Grinch mess,
Honestly, this is one instance where I don't really blame the community at all. GameXplain was being very coy about the leak, and if they had just cut the bull**** "umm it's blurry so it's fake", and just flat out said it didn't line up with what they were hearing, i'm sure most people would have believed them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VzQLe4K4VE

See, Derrick just spends the whole video trying to find ways to nitpick the leak when they've covered much blurrier leaks, you can tell this video wasn't well recieved by the amount of dislikes it had. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have been that way if they had just came clean.

I'm sorry, but GameXplain shot themselves in the foot with that one. They should've taken Nintendo Life's example and just said it didn't line up with their sources.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Dammit, I didn't know about that, what the hell man? Are there just that many corrupt people in the VA industry or what? Also, dammit dude, you were a legacy. Why do more and more people who I respect have to come out to be total asshats?
Yeah, dunno if you Googled it or anything, but Kirbopher ended up being an abuser, a sexual harasser, and an overall dickbag. It's not just accusations either, for he came out and admitted that, yes, these things happened. Disgusting. He apologized for it, but only time will tell if he actually repents. Actions speak louder than words, after all. All of this was awful, though, and even resulted in him losing at least one job: his role as Byleth in FE: Heroes. Dunno if he's being removed from FE3H, too, though.

My problem with this screenshot is that, her pfp WAS that pfp until early this morning, so it's entirely possible this conversation happened.
Really? Other people were claiming that her pfp was never once that. Now I'm baffled. Even then, though, I wouldn't be worried. She said this same stuff over Banjo, too. She just doesn't know what it means like the rest of us.

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Yeah, dunno if you Googled it or anything, but Kirbopher ended up being an abuser, a sexual harasser, and an overall dickbag. It's not just accusations either, for he came out and admitted that, yes, these things happened. Disgusting. He apologized for it, but only time will tell if he actually repents. Actions speak louder than words, after all. All of this was awful, though, and even resulted in him losing at least one job: his role as Byleth in FE: Heroes. Dunno if he's being removed from FE3H, too, though.

Really? Other people were claiming that her pfp was never once that. Now I'm baffled. Even then, though, I wouldn't be worried. She said this same stuff over Banjo, too. She just doesn't know what it means like the rest of us.
He's being removed in FE3H in a future update.

ForsakenM ForsakenM So it turns out that DM may be legit? I'm going to be really frusterated if it is. Everyone basically told me to shut it and it's not legit when I posted that when i'm only trying to share the current state of information.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Yeah, dunno if you Googled it or anything, but Kirbopher ended up being an abuser, a sexual harasser, and an overall dickbag. It's not just accusations either, for he came out and admitted that, yes, these things happened. Disgusting. He apologized for it, but only time will tell if he actually repents. Actions speak louder than words, after all. All of this was awful, though, and even resulted in him losing at least one job: his role as Byleth in FE: Heroes. Dunno if he's being removed from FE3H, too, thoug.
Yeah I did. I guess he's on medication or something now. Doesn't really matter. My dad, born in the early 50s always told me this as a kid when I took medicine for my ADHD and Asperger's to try and focus.

"The medicine isn't a fix or a cure, it's an assist. It's there to help you, but it won't do it for you: you have to do your part and put forth an effort."

I get that not all issues that involve medicine work like this (mainly physical ones, as sometimes all you can do is hope it helps you) but I feel like this should be said to anyone who is taking medicine for mental issues that also require them to work through it. The pills won't fix you if you don't want to be fixed, and the pills won't fix you if you don't try to get better.

Also, because this keeps happening so frequently (there have been a LOT of people popular on the internet AND in the VA industry that have been revealed as complete losers recently) it's getting ever harder for me to separate art from artist.

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Can anyone confirm if there's a supposed Nintendo Direct leak going around? Saw that Blocked Content's going up in a bit with a supposed Direct leak, and the thumbnail has the date Sept 15.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Can anyone confirm if there's a supposed Nintendo Direct leak going around? Saw that Blocked Content's going up in a bit with a supposed Direct leak, and the thumbnail has the date Sept 15.
If he's set a reminder up for his videos, it's probably fake just to rake in the views.

MomijiInubashiri630

Smash Apprentice
DM fake or not, I know for a fact Sabi has no idea what it means or anymore info about what it means, believe me. If she said that it's just a assumption, and she could easily be wrong. Hell, anyone in the group can be wrong. Of course leakers are gonna deny something that seems unlikely in their eyes. Even if you get information like say there were Geno talks in December, if you think Geno is impossible you are PROBABLY gonna write it off, in fact most did write it off, not that I can blame them. Sabi has no more information than we do on this. That DM means absolutely nothing, it's just her opinion on the matter if true. We need to stop assuming the DM is the end all, it's just her being a normal human being and speculating.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Hey so, an update to the Sabi screenshot: it's real. Unlike the person who very much likely screenshot their conversation without permission and then shared it online without permission, I very much got permission and will show it.
1565108717321.png

1565108752974.png

Sorry I didn't get it sooner, but I was responding to things and partially also forgot because I have hamster brain.

Remember, this doesn't mean the Starling images isn't about Geno, it just means that Sabi was clearing up nothing was directly about Geno 100%.

AKA she still doesn't know.

Also, I found a sick remix of BOTFM yet again, this one made earlier this year!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom