• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Hey, so quick question. Why does the thread title say "return of the starsend savior" and not "return of the starsenT savior"? Is that a deliberate reference or just a mistake?
I was wondering the same thing. I even posed the question, but never got an answer.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
But you do need to play other games. :troll:

Nah, just kidding. That's awesome!
Star Allies is just a heartfelt dream for me and although the story is short, I just keep finding myself coming back to enjoy all the friends made along the way. That's why I want to make a game that homages the Kirby series. It holds a special place in my heart.

Been playing CTR though thanks to these Grand Prix so I have been playing other games, so don't worry. Also Smash.

Dynamic Worlok

I always just chalked it up to Psycho doing a heck and never fixing said heck. The hecks were never unheckened.
Gotta unheck your hecks, otherwise your hecks get all mixed in with your darns and your goshs. It's a right proper mess, I tell you what.

D

Deleted member

Star Allies is just a heartfelt dream for me and although the story is short, I just keep finding myself coming back to enjoy all the friends made along the way. That's why I want to make a game that homages the Kirby series. It holds a special place in my heart.

Been playing CTR though thanks to these Grand Prix so I have been playing other games, so don't worry. Also Smash.
What platform are you playing CTR on?

GrungeMan

Smash Apprentice
My main thought right now is that if the Pokemon info drop passes and there's nothing pertaining to a starling, I don't think it would be at all unreasonable to hard focus on wordplay and puns instead of a literal bird but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.
I haven't finished catching up, but this 100% my opinion given revent events.

If we're to take it as being a direct reference to an actual European starling, then perhaps it's Pokemon and we'll just need to wait for more info to drop to test that.

However, like you said, if we don't get an obvious bird reference as a result, then perhaps interpreting the image as meaning "little star" isn't that much of a stretch.

Geno is a little star, so it's just a matter of being patient and seeing if there really is a connection to Geno and Smash.

Also, thank you for everything you contribute to this thread.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
if anything, I'd say Kasumi Yoshizawa would be better material for a Joker Echo, especially since the "Jane" in Joker's string, who was once planned to be an alt, was clearly meant to be her.

also, her Persona, Cendrillion, is the same height as Arsene and has those stilletto heels. and it's theorized Joker may pull a P3 Protag and sacrifice himself, leading Kasumi to be his successor
I agree, but the question was what character fits with pancakes.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
*Disguises himself as Darkness* Yes, how can I help you, JarBear? :troll:
Make the anguish of this current state of unknown regarding our Star bound savior into a reality. I will be willing to make the Ultimate sacrifice of our playable fighters ... the Plant.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
I think the learning to draw thing is big. I still have a lot to learn but most of the time I really enjoy it although I can get very frustrated with myself sometimes. Sometimes what I have in my mind just won't translate onto paper. My friend and I draw Fakemon. He takes them and puts them in the computer and edits them then colors and shades them so they look nice. We both have really been in a creative funk lately tho and can't seem to be able to focus on it. Seeing all this art on here might inspire me tho and I know if one of us gets really inspired we usually feed off of each other. I think it's mainly because even though we will be getting sword/shield we also know how disappointing they are going to be for us. I don't want to post pics and take up space since they're not Geno related but if you're interested in seeing some bad fake Pokemon art done by a couple of chuckleheads let me know.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Make the anguish of this current state of unknown regarding our Star bound savior into a reality. I will be willing to make the Ultimate sacrifice of our playable fighters ... the Plant.
Okay, I'll see what I can do.

So, how would you all react if Geno gets in? I am aware this has probably been asked before, but I'd like to know if that's okay.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Okay, I'll see what I can do.

So, how would you all react if Geno gets in? I am aware this has probably been asked before, but I'd like to know if that's okay.
I would cry like a baby like I did for B-K, and even better yet, I literally would not ask Sakurai for anything ever again. Literally. I can do without Shadow. Banjo and Geno would fill my heart three times over. Banjo's got me SUPER excited, but Geno would just make this... perfect. Both of my most wanteds that needed spotlight again? Both of them? I'd lose it.

Loog

Smash Apprentice
My main thought right now is that if the Pokemon info drop passes and there's nothing pertaining to a starling, I don't think it would be at all unreasonable to hard focus on wordplay and puns instead of a literal bird but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.
In my opinion I feel your not meant to think to hard about the starling. I feel the more you think about it the less you get out of it. It's not worth over analyzing it otherwise you end up doubting your own conclusion. It's to simple and specific.

Dynamic Worlok

Here we go, got some flats on it and forgot to save before closing the file. :laugh:
I'll probably fix it up more tomorrow.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Not quite that simple, yo
Yeah, apparently, some people just take gaming too seriously. I can be sad in some cases, but I can't say it is for Starlight's case due to the lack of information I have on them. Don't think it really is sad in his case, either.

Dynamic Worlok

I think the learning to draw thing is big. I still have a lot to learn but most of the time I really enjoy it although I can get very frustrated with myself sometimes. Sometimes what I have in my mind just won't translate onto paper. My friend and I draw Fakemon. He takes them and puts them in the computer and edits them then colors and shades them so they look nice. We both have really been in a creative funk lately tho and can't seem to be able to focus on it. Seeing all this art on here might inspire me tho and I know if one of us gets really inspired we usually feed off of each other. I think it's mainly because even though we will be getting sword/shield we also know how disappointing they are going to be for us. I don't want to post pics and take up space since they're not Geno related but if you're interested in seeing some bad fake Pokemon art done by a couple of chuckleheads let me know.
Part of the process is sticking to it through all the stuff you're unsatisfied with. It's absolutely vital that you keep a positive mindset, because you're never ever going to get to a point where you're satisfied with your work 100 percent of the time. So you persevere and improve. You can do it! There's a saying I've heard: you've got a thousand bad drawings in you before you get to a good one, so you just gotta keep on drawing until you get there! If you're in a funk, why not look at some exotic bugs or animals? Always look for reference to help inform your work, as it will help you get new ideas and draw them properly.

Loog

Smash Apprentice
That’s not what I mean. Getting a character you’ve always wanted in Smash is an incredible feeling. Trust me, I was there for the K. Rool reveal
Oh I understand ridley was my number 1 character I wanted and finally finally getting him was a great feeling.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Not quite that simple, yo
It can be.

I know what's it like to have wanted a character for a long long long time, to have highs and lows as far as likelihood goes. I definitely know what it's like to have to wait. I understand the more emotion plays into something, the more reason takes a backseat. But at the end of the day it is still just a game, and how invested people get is their own doing.

I feel like I'm basically just reiterating what Shaya said yesterday when she came to fix this thread, but it's true. She didn't just pop in to say that for no reason.

D

Deleted member

I'd cry a lot and jump up and down in excitement like a little kid on Christmas/[Insert holiday here] for like an hour.

Last edited by a moderator:

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
I would yell, "YES! HE'S BACK BOIS!"
Not even my biggest reaction , because if Shadow happened, I would cry tears of joy.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
I see some creativity lurking in this thread...

so I decided to put Geno in DOOM:

(yeah, I don't have a whole lot I can think of doing. I was bored anyway)

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I see some creativity lurking in this thread...

so I decided to put Geno in DOOM:

(yeah, I don't have a whole lot I can think of doing. I was bored anyway)
I thought I'd see a lot of things involving Geno, but this was not one of them.

However, I welcome it just that much more.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
If you could get 5 echo fighters for DLC...

1. Akechi (Joker)
2. Impa (Sheik)
3. Proto Man (Mega Man)
4. Dixie (Diddy Kong)
5. Ninten (Ness)

T2by4

Smash Lord
Fellas ive been training with mii gunner just incase geno comes back in form of a costume what are the best specials in your guys opinions for mii gunner? Im also using a custome made geno mii costume in the mean time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom