• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Genuine question, why is the page count on threads such a big deal to people when it usually just ends up being the same group of people talking across tons of the pages and often times treating the thread as a social thread of sorts to hang out in?

Like, isn't the best metric we could ever use the Supporters list and those numbers since they represent individual support from voluntary requests to be added?
Overall it has no real tangible significance. But it's important to enjoy little milestones like this. It's not as if we're saying we're better than the K Rool thread or more valid than the K rool thread. Just enjoying that we've kept the discussion going to such a degree, I think.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Dude you really need to read some of the posts in here before asking people to constantly spoonfeed and repeat things that are literally being talked about RIGHT NOW. You don't even need to scroll back to see what is being talked about
Hey there, take it easy! I know too much of doing something may not be good, but I don't believe I have been doing it too much yet. Does it even hurt to ask at all? Some people don't even have time to read all things from past pages, ya know.

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
This took me some time to find, but here is the VERY first instance Sabi had said something about her Source (NoA guy) about Geno.

Also I believe @Datboigeno saw the trivia thing back in the day. I have yet to find that pic lol.
EDIT: Sniped by ya! Tag teaming this!
I don't really use this site anymore, and you can keep up w/ my leaks like my e3 and evo ones on my twitter account. ANYWAYS, the point of this reply is to clarify about Geno.

Yes, back in december/january, i did have a nintendo brand ambassador telling me about Geno watercooler rumors. However, he did say he wasn't sure and that it was mostly just an employee rumor at the time. I said if I heard anything more about it, i'd speak up on it, but I haven't. at this point it's very possible that it was just a rumor, but there's a small possibility he's still happening. Now-a-days, I only share stuff that I am 100% sure of -- hence why all the tweets I made about E3 and Evo came true, and the pokemon direct info, and the banana blitz hd title, etc.... The geno info was when I was still going by word of mouth and not actually seeing things for myself. I did not lie about anything, as multiple active users in this thread such as Fatmanonice and Rummy can note, they know the guy. However, I have connections now who show me things that are 100% happening, such as where I got all my E3 info. What I will say is that the guy who mentioned geno rumors DID send me correct info about Banjo at E3 by sending my pictures of a bear and bird. i never tweeted about it or mentioned it outside of my server because I assumed it could've just been a joke or something.

That is also exactly why until NOW I haven't made any posts about the 'starling' pic. Yes, the guy who sent me the bear and bird pics sent me it. No, he did not say what game it was for. No, he did not give me any more hints. All he did was say it's teasing something. Honestly, it could be something broad -- like I've been speculating it's a new bird type pokemon. The reason I personally never tweeted or publicly discussed that image is because IDK wtf it is. I only leak stuff that I am sure of. That got out through Fatmanonice, but that's alright. I don't mind some speculation. I just don't want that as being treated like a 'sabi leak' because it's just a tease coming from somebody related to me.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Overall it has no real tangible significance. But it's important to enjoy little milestones like this. It's not as if we're saying we're better than the K Rool thread or more valid than the K rool thread. Just enjoying that we've kept the discussion going to such a degree, I think.
Pretty much. It's the little things that keeps a positive air in the thread, and it goes to show that Geno still has supporters that haven't given up yet, whilst some have thrown in the towel. It's not a big deal, no, but it's nice to see how our thread has grown. It's very cozy.

EDIT: Oh wow, hey Sabi! I miss when you used to hang out with us, chica. :') Nice to see you pop in for a quick visit!

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
I don't really use this site anymore, and you can keep up w/ my leaks like my e3 and evo ones on my twitter account. ANYWAYS, the point of this reply is to clarify about Geno.

Yes, back in december/january, i did have a nintendo brand ambassador telling me about Geno watercooler rumors. However, he did say he wasn't sure and that it was mostly just an employee rumor at the time. I said if I heard anything more about it, i'd speak up on it, but I haven't. at this point it's very possible that it was just a rumor, but there's a small possibility he's still happening. Now-a-days, I only share stuff that I am 100% sure of -- hence why all the tweets I made about E3 and Evo came true, and the pokemon direct info, and the banana blitz hd title, etc.... The geno info was when I was still going by word of mouth and not actually seeing things for myself. I did not lie about anything, as multiple active users in this thread such as Fatmanonice and Rummy can note, they know the guy. However, I have connections now who show me things that are 100% happening, such as where I got all my E3 info. What I will say is that the guy who mentioned geno rumors DID send me correct info about Banjo at E3 by sending my pictures of a bear and bird. i never tweeted about it or mentioned it outside of my server because I assumed it could've just been a joke or something.

That is also exactly why until NOW I haven't made any posts about the 'starling' pic. Yes, the guy who sent me the bear and bird pics sent me it. No, he did not say what game it was for. No, he did not give me any more hints. All he did was say it's teasing something. Honestly, it could be something broad -- like I've been speculating it's a new bird type pokemon. The reason I personally never tweeted or publicly discussed that image is because IDK wtf it is. I only leak stuff that I am sure of. That got out through Fatmanonice, but that's alright. I don't mind some speculation. I just don't want that as being treated like a 'sabi leak' because it's just a tease coming from somebody related to me.
Just want to say, thanks for the clarification, and thanks for all that you do! I totally understand you not wanting to use this site anymore, what with people pestering you for leaks and all. Just know that your service does not go unappreciated. Godspeed to you, dudette!

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Honestly Sabi, I feel like people confuse the definition of a rumor with the definition of a leak. A rumor is just speculation while a leak has hard evidence after the fact. A rumor remains a rumor until proven otherwise, then it becomes a leak. I wish so many people like Blocked Content would stop calling them "leaks" when they have no way of confirming it is a leak by definition.

So no, I won't say it's a Sabi leak. I'll say it's a rumor connected to Sabi by technicality.

Last edited:

Nicnac

Smash Ace
Yes, back in december/january, i did have a nintendo brand ambassador telling me about Geno watercooler rumors. However, he did say he wasn't sure and that it was mostly just an employee rumor at the time. I said if I heard anything more about it, i'd speak up on it, but I haven't. at this point it's very possible that it was just a rumor, but there's a small possibility he's still happening. What I will say is that the guy who mentioned geno rumors DID send me correct info about Banjo at E3 by sending my pictures of a bear and bird. i never tweeted about it or mentioned it outside of my server because I assumed it could've just been a joke or something.
Good to see you back on here (even if just for this post). Thanks for the clarity.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I never confused the rumor from Sabi's source for an actual leak. I never said it was. I just wanted to see what happened in the end.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Reminder that Sabi's source clearly loathes Pokémon's current direction, so the starling can't be in that. Whatever's in store for Sw/Sh this wednesday must be interesting enough to take note.

Especially compared to character threads that can't afford that. I can count the posts for the Higgins and Bonk threads on both of my hands, for example.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Reminder that Sabi's source clearly loathes Pokémon's current direction, so the starling can't be in that.
Come to think of it, with what Sabi said and the talk of Pokemon info coming out and no Geno at EVO, are you guys just making Geno seem like he is being hinted way too much?

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord

Is that source, the one who gives the pictures, the same who heard geno rumours back in december/january?
Is that source, a Geno supporter then?

If both answer are yes, then It's gotta be geno for me

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
No matter what is it that Sakurai does, the Smash fanbase will always look into it and think that it equals a character in Smash everytime.

This time it's just a birthday/ and people are looking into it.

What's next? Sakurai tweets about resting for the day because of his birthday and that means that a character related to chilling is coming?

(Like Rayman in the ice on Battlefield~? Or a Mother character because of its peaceful connotations or a rest~?)

Boi.

(Which BTW, I am not sure if something in the past aligned with an action Sakurai did with a character after the fact, and if it was I am forgetting)

:bowser:.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Come to think of it, with what Sabi said and the talk of Pokemon info coming out and no Geno at EVO, are you guys just making Geno seem like he is being hinted way too much?
Honestly, nothing there is concrete. What we know is that a picture hint was given, the meaning of which is unknown, and his Mii costume is missing when we were all positive it was coming with the Hero. That's what is factual at this time.

D

Deleted member

What was the pancake theory, again?
It was about characters being related to pancakes.

Crash being one of them.

@KirbyWorshipper246 sorry for the late reply, but it is 1:38am and I have my mind in chaos right now.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Crash being one of them.

@KirbyWorshipper246 sorry for the late reply, but it is 1:38am and I have my mind in chaos right now.
*Slaps his own forehead* Why did I not recognize that! I knew what that was before! How could I have forgotten about that theory?

Still not any bigger or truer than other theories, though.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
*Slaps his own forehead* Why did I not recognize that! I knew what that was before! How could I have forgotten about that theory?

Still not any bigger or truer than other theories, though.
The thing is, another character in recent memory that loves pancakes is Raichu.

You all know what that means.

Crashichu is IN, BAYBEE.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Crash being one of them.
Does it have to do with the pancakes that appear at the end of Banjo-Kazooie's trailer?

I don't understand how they could make a theory out of that.

Crashichu is IN, BAYBEE.
OH I see.

Pancake Raichu may be a Pokéball 'mon, but normal Raichu isn't here. He must be playable to complete the Holy Pikachu Trinity.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Crashichu is IN, BAYBEE.
I know you're joking, but ugh, these so called theories...

Why not both?
You're supposed to post an animated picture of that hispanic girl that says "Why can't we have both?'.

Anyway, are these theories even theories to begin with? They seem more like assumptions, if you ask me.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Is that source, the one who gives the pictures, the same who heard geno rumours back in december/january?
Is that source, a Geno supporter then?

If both answer are yes, then It's gotta be geno for me
On a scale of 1 to 10, probably like a 6 or 7, honestly. He's not biased towards Geno in any way and probably just simply likes the character. This is why I've always believed he's never contorted his information regarding this. If I had rated him a 9 or 10, I would definitely have to put bias confirmation into consideration but Geno's far from his most wanted so the subconcious motivation to put Geno on a pedestal simply isn't there.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Sis is having surgery right now... -_-
Hopefully that will just fix it all and it all goes well

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Don't disrespect other developers just because they don't complain like Sakurai does. They all work hard. Sakurai isn't a special case. Harada and the other fighting game directors bust their ***** and souls to bring everyone more content no different then Sakurai. The only difference being that Sakurai gets a big fat special boy paycheck because he has his own one-man ""company"".
>Says not to insult other developers when I never did anything of the sort.
>Proceeds be rather sassy about Sakurai and borderline insulting him.

You may wanna check that out, my dude. It's a serious condition known as 'projecting.'

Also, games of late are proof that both American-made games and Japanese-made games are cutting every single corner they can to make more money. SFV was a joke at launch and costs a ton of money just to get it where it should have been at launch. GameFreak is just the most recent in streak of people finding out companies can be trash-tier.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
If we're talking about a character related to pancakes then I'm thinking Crow from Persona 5 as a Joker echo for sure. Did Sabi's source post a picture of pancakes or is it just a joke? I'm guessing the latter.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
On a scale of 1 to 10, probably like a 6 or 7, honestly. He's not biased towards Geno in any way and probably just simply likes the character. This is why I've always believed he's never contorted his information regarding this. If I had rated him a 9 or 10, I would definitely have to put bias confirmation into consideration but Geno's far from his most wanted so the subconcious motivation to put Geno on a pedestal simply isn't there.
Yeah, I wouldn't peg him as the kinda guy to lead Geno's fans on unintentionally. He knows the burn of losing your most wanted (wasn't he an Isaac fan?), and I sincerely doubt he'd jerk your chains around. That said, there's also only so much he can say without giving himself away, so I understand him withholding further info, even something as small as, "It isn't Geno," to protect his position.

If we're talking about a character related to pancakes then I'm thinking Crow from Persona 5 as a Joker echo for sure. Did Sabi's source post a picture of pancakes or is it just a joke? I'm guessing the latter.
Banjo grabbed pancakes at the end of his trailer. That's... about it.

Last edited:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord

Picture I drew of Geno on August 2. Didn't put it through digital processing so it isn't the final product. I don't think I'm going to bothering finishing it anyway, tbh. Criticism is good. Human-like characters are not my strong suit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom