• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Seeing so many developers yesterday announce that they are getting a Season 2 and a Season 3 for their games only makes me furious knowing that we might only get the one DLC pass because Sakurai is "overworking himself."
Hey bud. I love ya. You've done good with the website and everything.

But you really had to hold that L this morning. Probably don't want to hold another L talking about Sakurai's work ethic.

This is probably the first time with Smash that he hasn't damaged his body to get it done, and it's about ****ing time that he can do so if you ask me.

Also, not every other fighting game is Smash, the fighting game that celebrates all of gaming. Not really a fair comparison, especially since we have no idea if Season 2 Ultimate isn't happening.

Just another Tuesday in Japan, overworking is a way of life. I can't really see how it's any special compared to other cases (other than the isolated food poisoning incident). I don't see many people in here bring up One Piece's Oda lacking sleep, for one (and that guy works on a weekly manga, no less, at least games don't last longer than a few years DLC wise).

That being said, the WOL datamine is also something that can be taken into consideration, so the possibility of wave 2 is there.
I know that everyone overworks themselves in Japan. Like how Kishimoto took his honeymoon AFTER Naruto was over instead of at the proper time.

Bob-Omber

Smash Cadet
In the corner drinking a frosty with a straw
Has anyone mentioned Sabi's tweet?

"MOST LIKELY getting some JUICY stuff tomorrow. If I do, may put it in a quick article. Won't be until the latter half of tomorrow, as a heads up. can't say what it will be for yet."
@New_WabiSabi 08/05/2019

Then Sabi responded to a tweet asking for hints with the word "monsters"
Undertale monsters, or maybe luigis mansion will have more monsters than ghosts

Funktastic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DaftBunk
Switch FC
SW 4808 1853 3785
I honestly would not be surprised if they want to get the roster up to 100 fighters. Release DLC throughout the Switch life cyclee and actually make the next game a port of Ulltimate. Or call it "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Deluxe"

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I honestly would not be surprised if they want to get the roster up to 100 fighters. Release DLC throughout the Switch life cyclee and actually make the next game a port of Ulltimate. Or call it "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Deluxe"
Already more worth it than Mario Kart 8 Deluxe from text alone. Seriously though, the MK staff is stuck in their comfort zone, it's crazy.

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
Hey bud. I love ya. You've done good with the website and everything.

But you really had to hold that L this morning. Probably don't want to hold another L talking about Sakurai's work ethic.

This is probably the first time with Smash that he hasn't damaged his body to get it done, and it's about ****ing time that he can do so if you ask me
Don't disrespect other developers just because they don't complain like Sakurai does. They all work hard. Sakurai isn't a special case. Harada and the other fighting game directors bust their asses and souls to bring everyone more content no different then Sakurai. The only difference being that Sakurai gets a big fat special boy paycheck because he has his own one-man ""company"".

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Wait, so what is this cake theory, anyway? I believe we were talking about cake late last week, so is it based on all that?
Dude you really need to read some of the posts in here before asking people to constantly spoonfeed and repeat things that are literally being talked about RIGHT NOW. You don't even need to scroll back to see what is being talked about

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Yeah, no. What you're insinuating is even more outside his MO than a simple case of something taking longer to figure out. The difference is this guy is actually connected enough to Nintendo directly as an official brand ambassador that he either sees or is told about things directly by people from Nintendo or people connected enough to know it's legit before sharing. He wouldn't have shared it if he didn't know it's true, and is clearly going to say what it is when it's revealed. Plenty of real leaks have taken awhile to pan out like the Dragon Quest and Banjo Kazooie ones from last year. It's a legit thing we have just not seen yet. No "harm" is being done. I don't understand why you keep implying this guy is doing something harmful or how anything about this is harmful.
Harmful to his reputation as a leaker and the overall discussion of the leak as people lose faith in it was the "harm" i was referring to in this instance (though as I've mentioned before, I find this style of things problematic, so I don't blame you for jumping to that since I wasn't clear enough).

I'm well aware that leaks can take a while to pan out and I wouldn't be commenting upon this aspect if there hadn't been an insistence about the time frame of things being an important detail. Which to be entirely fair, wasn't the leaker in question saying that, it was other people around them using the detail for a variety of reasons, so I will give some slack there, though it's the sort of thing that then makes me question credibility (as with all leakers, I'm going to question their credibility the less things pan out in intended ways, which I have done with a variety of leakers in the past). I don't care that this is Sabi's source and that this person is trusted by multiple people, I'm not giving any preferential treatment to "leak" interpretation. They're already less credible in my eyes (and I cannot emphasize this enough, this is for me and I'm not requesting everybody follow this line of thinking) specifically because of their fashion of leaking content in a roundabout matter, hence some of the extended criticism I've had for them and less tolerance I have for their behavior. As far as I can tell, they have two leaks under their belt. One that really cannot be verified because no one has shown anything (this is what happens when you don't actually say what you're leaking, going "Oh yeah, this was Link's Awakening" doesn't really count for a whole lot unless you've got a paper trail that shows the before and after) and the Banjo & Kazooie stuff that was much more on the nose and thus more reputable, albeit still an issue for me.

I'll say it again, this is my trust and willingness to open up to this thought entirely, but you don't gain my trust through vagueness and hinting at stuff as a leaker. I'm more willing to engage when you're open and direct, hence me showing more prior willingness with Sabi, Tansut, and PapaGenos. Those are individuals that work with information in a way that inspires me to be more accepting because of their direct nature. Vergeben is an asshole who is all over the place, so while I pay attention to him because of his extended record with Ultimate, I also don't really put much faith in him and especially criticized him for his general Pokemon and Square Enix character comments until they were clarified. Then this leaker inspires little faith because they are the opposite of transparent and so behind the veil of mystery that it just feels nasty.

This is my take on this situation and I really don't know how else to phrase or comment upon it at this point. If we get more to work with or this person becomes more transparent, I might be more open to putting some stock in this, but I just can't in its current state and the longer it goes without a connection.

Seeing so many developers yesterday announce that they are getting a Season 2 and a Season 3 for their games only makes me furious knowing that we might only get the one DLC pass because Sakurai is "overworking himself."
Part of the reason for those multiple seasons of content is that most fighting games launch with comically awful and tiny rosters with noticeable holes in their content and roster. Ultimate couldn't be more the opposite of that because it's one of the most arguably complete fighting games of all time and there's going to be 80+ fighters when we're finished with just the Fighter's Pass. Smash is actually developed like a full game and then given additional content, whereas these other titles are developed as an incomplete product that they then charge to finish. Not all of them are like that, but no other fighting game comes close to what Smash has been putting on offer.

There's just so much more work that goes into Smash fighters too from what we understand, so a single season makes a lot more sense than in other entities (which are also very often ripe with microtransactions, Smash is very much the last of a dying breed).

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
Wouldn’t Sabi be unable to talk about Pokémon info in public?
Sabi legally cannot leak information from Nintendo because of that C&D situation.
Now, if Sabi hears a """""rumor""""" and talks about said """""rumor""""", it would probably go unchecked.

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
I think people would be a lot less angsty and impatient if Nintendo was specific with dates for each character reveal. Or even at the very least gave an approximate month to aim towards.

The pacing has felt kind of random imo.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Has anyone mentioned Sabi's tweet?

"MOST LIKELY getting some JUICY stuff tomorrow. If I do, may put it in a quick article. Won't be until the latter half of tomorrow, as a heads up. can't say what it will be for yet."
@New_WabiSabi 08/05/2019

Then Sabi responded to a tweet asking for hints with the word "monsters"

This wont be nintendo related lol

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Already more worth it than Mario Kart 8 Deluxe from text alone. Seriously though, the MK staff is stuck in their comfort zone, it's crazy.
Whaaaaat? Mario Kart 8 Deluxe was totally worth it for an actual battle mode that could be enjoyed again. That was a huge part of Mario Kart that they majorly messed up in 8's original release and came very close to completing the package of Mario Kart 8 as a whole (it just needed Diddy Kong, Block Fort as a Battle Stage map, and a Mission Mode to be the best Mario Kart IMO).

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Whaaaaat? Mario Kart 8 Deluxe was totally worth it for an actual battle mode that could be enjoyed again. That was a huge part of Mario Kart that they majorly messed up in 8's original release and came very close to completing the package of Mario Kart 8 as a whole (it just needed Diddy Kong, Block Fort as a Battle Stage map, and a Mission Mode to be the best Mario Kart IMO).
Don't get me wrong, the game itself is great, I just have to question some of the choices in its roster. Mainly pertaining to people thinking stuffing it with babies and costume clones is a good idea.

They could have added new characters for DX, but it just amounted to Gold Mario and BOTW Link stuff.

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I already said it, it's Pokemon. There's several people who already know what's in the presentation and she's probably just waiting to talk to them one on one to cross reference.
What if the European starling picture is related to Eevee getting a flying type evolution. I know most are iffy on Sword & Shield, but a new Eeveelution is always great no matter what.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Big oof. Is it possible he has heard the characters out of order?
Directs take about a month to make plus post production editing. That said, I have no idea when they get their info. If the information really does pertain to a Direct and based on this timescale, it could be info for an August or September presentation. As pointed out, I made it public waaaay earlier than his hints are typically made public so there's a possibility that this presentation is off in the future, especially when you consider it wasn't until last Tuesday that it was even confirmed to be a hint.

MomijiInubashiri630

Smash Apprentice
I can imagine one of the first things the group is gonna ask VRPlant is if anything starling related is in it, and will probably ask the other guy if that is it. Tomorrow is a make or break possibly

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
8 pages left and we're tied with the Smash 4 K Rool thread
Genuine question, why is the page count on threads such a big deal to people when it usually just ends up being the same group of people talking across tons of the pages and often times treating the thread as a social thread of sorts to hang out in?

Like, isn't the best metric we could ever use the Supporters list and those numbers since they represent individual support from voluntary requests to be added?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I can't wait till Scorbunny turns into a totally not fire/fighting even though it looks like fire/fighting and learns fire/fighting type moves.

*cough cough*
250px-Incineroar_SSBU.png

Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
I can't wait till Scorbunny turns into a totally not fire/fighting even though it looks like fire/fighting and learns fire/fighting type moves.

*cough cough*
Lol if they made it's evolution fire/fighting I think people would literally be outside Gamefreak headquarters with pitchforks. That would be the anvil that completely broke the camel in half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom