• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
In regards to Sakurai's Birthday cake tho, I believe the Duke of Dorks, as pointed out by Billibo10k earlier today, does in fact have macaroons with current Smash Bros franchise symbols (none new). Also, just thought about the Fighters Pass full release window and, in a way it could line up with Geno being revealed afterwards since the window's deadline is February 2020; the following month entering into Super Mario RPG's 24th anniversary (Japan).

7NATOR

Smash Master
for the Cake, I believe Banjo, Street Fighter, Animal Crossing, and Duck Hunt are missing in image

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Wait, so what is this cake theory, anyway? I believe we were talking about cake late last week, so is it based on all that?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Some folks looked at Sakurai's cake for his birthday and assumed the macaroons hidden in the picture are related to new series. I'm entirely serious. :rolleyes:
Oh, brother, now I wish it was related to last week's discussion! This is ridiculous! Some people are getting desperate. This is probably as bad as that chair theory!

StarLight42

Smash Lord
The fact that the Starling picture came out after the Bear and Bird picture makes me think that if it's a Smash hint, it's gotta be the 4th DLC character, right?

MattX20

Smash Hero
The fact that the Starling picture came out after the Bear and Bird picture makes me think that if it's a Smash hint, it's gotta be the 4th DLC character, right?
Most likely. The 5th character likely won't be revealed until November or December

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Seeing so many developers yesterday announce that they are getting a Season 2 and a Season 3 for their games only makes me furious knowing that we might only get the one DLC pass because Sakurai is "overworking himself."

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
In regards to Sakurai's Birthday cake tho, I believe the Duke of Dorks, as pointed out by Billibo10k earlier today, does in fact have macaroons with current Smash Bros franchise symbols (none new). Also, just thought about the Fighters Pass full release window and, in a way it could line up with Geno being revealed afterwards since the window's deadline is February 2020; the following month entering into Super Mario RPG's 24th anniversary (Japan).
Nope! Do not fall for the anniversary trap!

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Seeing so many developers yesterday announce that they are getting a Season 2 and a Season 3 for their games only makes me furious knowing that we might only get the one DLC pass because Sakurai is "overworking himself."
Uhh... He kinda is though
You have no idea of the difference between developing Smash characters and Tekken DLCs
Keep that fury in check. And don't count a season 2 out of the running. Splatoon 2 is already enough sign that Nintendo is starting to invest in longer term support for their games

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
You have no idea of the difference between developing Smash characters and Tekken DLCs
Keep that fury in check. And don't count a season 2 out of the running. Splatoon 2 is already enough sign that Nintendo is starting to invest in longer term support for their games
I hope so.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
That's not really fair. He and the rest of the smash team put a lot of time and effort into their work. Much as we'd like a second season (and believe me, I do) We can't really cast aspersions his way for not wanting to constantly make smash DLC.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Oh, brother, now I wish it was related to last week's discussion! This is ridiculous! Some people are getting desperate. This is probably as bad as that chair theory!
More like that pancake theory that was mentioned some months ago. Apparently, they're hungry too.

It's just another Tuesday in Japan, overworking is a way of life. I can't really see how it's any special compared to other cases (other than the isolated food poisoning incident). I don't see many people in here bring up One Piece's Oda lacking sleep, for one (and that guy works on a weekly manga, no less, at least games don't last longer than a few years DLC wise).

That being said, the WOL datamine is also something that can be taken into consideration, so the possibility of wave 2 is there.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Aye, I slept in late due to being so down and I wanted to catch up on the posts before posting. Got some responses.

Hold on guys, the announcement will probably be at Super Smash Con wouldn't it? It's a week after EVO (I think) so it still isn't that much later than the standard dates for Sabi's source. In hindsight we should have probably been thinking of that event instead of EVO.

Now if nothing happens there, then I will be very confused.
I've never even heard of Smash Con.

This to me means that nothing big has ever happened there.

If there is no history of it, I doubt it will happen.

Dear actual hell on Earth, this thread got awful really fast.

I'm not surprised there wasn't an announcement at EVO, and in fact, it's just what I'd expected. I'm not taken aback or downtrodden at all. After all, we still don't know what the starling means and we don't know why Geno's Mii costume is mysteriously absent, even with an Enix rep joining the fray. There is still some stuff that we don't know about that gives us hope for our star boy yet, so I don't know why the lack of EVO news was so soul-crushing to some of y'all. Relax. I wouldn't be so worried.

Also, I hope it's not a Gen 4 remake, not because it isn't Geno or because I dislike Gen 4, but because now is the worst time for them to do that. With SwSh still being finished, that's just spreading themselves too thin. With all of the issues SwSh have right now, I can only imagine how lackluster and rushed a Gen 4 remake would be. It wouldn't get the justice it deserved at this point in time. I'd honestly be irritated as all hell if they came up with that.

ETA: Forgot to mention, can we NOT with the toxic crap of ****ting on other fan bases and being generally venomous because of the lack of news last night? This is getting ridiculous. I hate to be so blunt, but this is just beyond immature. I'm flabbergasted at the way some of you behaved last night. C'mon, you're better than that.
Man, I really feel like I'm being targeted here, even though I know that I didn't fall into this at all.

Some people would call this feeling guilty, but I get this all the time when I've actually done nothing wrong at all. Every post like this I read makes me feel like I did something bad, stupid brain! XD

Also glad to see you didn't leave us in the wake of the craziness. You're one of the names I love seeing the most so I was about to be very sad if you left. ;(

The thing that people here are forgetting is that Game Freak's A and B teams are already occupied with their projects. A team is working on that project gearbox or town game while the B team is working on Sword & Shield. How would they have enough time to add in a Diamond and Pearl remake within their schedules?
Fun fact: GameFreak always has multiple Pokemon games being made at the same time. It's part of the MANY parts of the problems why the games are so lackluster. I have no doubt they could do a Gen 4 announcement, but I think Wed will be nothing but a big info drop in Sw/Sh.

Not sure if they could show anything that would make me buy it though.

What was even the point of this? April Fools was months ago, and everyone already knew that Ultimate would cap off the event. :facepalm:

"Okay, but I hope there's a good reason for me to get a game I already own and love again."
So I want to respond to both parts of this.

The first is the whole Tekken Snake thing.

It was a dumb thing to do. At first I felt like it was just a similar situation to us getting overly invested in something that didn't mean much of anything, but this is a big event that is taken seriously and run by big names and is funded by big companies. Overall it was a bad move, but apparently people expect stuff like this from EVO now. I saw people pointing out that DoA wasn't there because of Mr. Wizard's guidelines, yet Laura got to go full-on bikini on the big stage and that one of the controllers that are selling is that hentai hoodie pattern but on a controller.

Not sure about those others things, but frankly the Tekken thing was kinda dumb and they really crossed some big lines because of it. Might end up affecting the event next year.

As for a remaster? I'd by it in a heartbeat. FF7 had to get multiple remasters before the game came out, and it would basically be a test run to see how much interest TRULY exists in the series. If it did poorly, it's likely that a sequel or remake would never happen. Plus, being able to play SMRPG on the go? HELL YEAH!

I suppose there's no harm in saying it but there's not going to be anymore picture clues until further notice. The pictures were supposed to be a bit of fun but the Smash fanbase was ravenous and harassing Sabi about it non-stop. I didn't know about this until this past weekend but apparently she's been swamped by threats from people hungry for info and it's honestly killed the fun of it. Thankfully, you all were respectful but it's kind of a testament of how bull**** the Smash fanbase can be at times.
I'm seeing more and more that some fanbases REALLY ARE just more toxic than others. I can chalk in the Smash fanbase in with the RWBY fanbase for being generally just gross to people. I get that all fanbases have bad eggs, but both Smash and RWBY have shown me that it's more than just a couple and that the mindset that is toxic is very much well-spread and accepted.

I feel the need to quote this post to remind people on the situation of the bird post and that the "type of bird" isn't the conclusive takeaway from this situation and we shouldn't be spreading misinformation on that front, read the bold part:

I just saw people putting out that the "type of bird" matters when this that isn't quite the accurate takeaway. It's just not meant to be for Edelgard or Fire Emblem related stuff is all the clarification that we really know beyond the picture itself.

And as an aside, I do think we're running the clock of statute of limitations for things. Jon's Otter posting becomes less relevant with each day that passes (probably can count out this entire week for certain with Pokemon news taking front stage) and this source's picture leaks become less and less consistent considering the previous three week cut-off has already been passed.
Damn, I'm agreeing with Eric again? What has become of me?!

Seriously though, I'm with Eric on this one. It's been a long-ass time waiting for this to come to any sort of fruition, and we still have no idea what it means, only what it doesn't mean. Since it breaks his pattern, and I'm very much against trusting leakers in general, I have to say that I'm iffy on this one.

I really think it will have something to do with Pokemon, but if it doesn't it means we have to wait even longer. I'd rather just ignore it and focus on what we know, which is the lack of his Mii Costume being really suspicious.

[cheeky stuff here]
Sakurai might be teasing a new franchise coming with a playable.
Seriously, we don't need yet another theory, can we please move on from the cake? It's a lie. Let the man celebrate his b-day.

I don't mind it. At least the killswitch will be closer to the end of the February deadline drama.

[cheeky stuff here too]
I have to say that I really appreciate VRPlant being straightforward about his leaks. I'm starting to feel like others here who don't care about speculation as much anymore, but maybe I also just need a break? I have been at this basically every day since the middle of last year, so I've been at it for a year.

Idk, I'm just glad I'm getting work again next week so that I'm not stuck around doing nothing but stuff that doesn't matter. Means I can forget about stuff like this until something concrete happens.

Last edited:

MomijiInubashiri630

Smash Apprentice
First of all: Don't talk about a cake, it is a lie, unironically, whoever made that up you might as well talk about the other little candies hidden behind it.

Second: While people make the assumption Sakurai is overworking himself, he is enjoying Ultimate a lot it seems. It is his job to be working on games. A second pass wouldn't surprise me if he can't find any other games to work on. Sakurai is fine this time around. Smash 4 he was developing 2 GAMES AT ONCE.

owjies

Smash Journeyman
When you're fairly confident that the hint somehow involves Smash but realize the outcome could be a month or two off...

View attachment 233693
That’s the thing, though, I’ve always felt like the likelihood of the starling representing Smash Bros. increases the further we move away from E3. I still feel like the most likely scenario is one final Smash Direct sometime in late October or early November after Banjo releases. The fourth character would probably release in December and the fifth in February as planned. If I remember correctly, Witch+Puzzle was posted in April. That’s about two months prior to E3. So, if the starling is character #4, then we may not get any more information until late September at the earliest.

*Speculation ahead* Regarding the image’s connection to Geno. I think the thing I find most interesting is not necessarily the image itself but the timing of when it was posted. Your discord was talking about the copyright strikes when he posted the picture if I remember correctly. Hero’s out. Banjo is next in line. Sakurai and his team are full bore working on character 4 & 5. If it is the case that Geno is in production, then I feel like now is the time that little hints might slip through the cracks.

♕Pretty Roger♕

God Roger
NNID
RogelioWii
3DS FC
0602-6365-8680
Switch FC
SW-2762-7992-4597
Has anyone mentioned Sabi's tweet?

"MOST LIKELY getting some JUICY stuff tomorrow. If I do, may put it in a quick article. Won't be until the latter half of tomorrow, as a heads up. can't say what it will be for yet."
@New_WabiSabi 08/05/2019

Then Sabi responded to a tweet asking for hints with the word "monsters"

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
First of all: Don't talk about a cake, it is a lie, unironically, whoever made that up you might as well talk about the other little candies hidden behind it.

Second: While people make the assumption Sakurai is overworking himself, he is enjoying Ultimate a lot it seems. It is his job to be working on games. A second pass wouldn't surprise me if he can't find any other games to work on. Sakurai is fine this time around. Smash 4 he was developing 2 GAMES AT ONCE.
Yeah, it's easy to forget how the two versions of 4 were a hassle to make and balance. Compared to that, Ultimate's base and especially the post-base DLC is practically a vacation. If you're gonna be at the job, it's best to do one that you personally enjoy and take pride in.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

bolded for emphasis because people forget this easily. Also didn't Nintendo introduce a new policy to abolish crunch time and ensure the wellbeing of its employees?

"MOST LIKELY getting some JUICY stuff tomorrow. If I do, may put it in a quick article. Won't be until the latter half of tomorrow, as a heads up. can't say what it will be for yet."

OH MAN HERE WE GO

....what could "monsters" allude to tho? Pokemon?

D

Deleted member

Oh my gosh Mike Wazowski is finally getting in Smash! We're finally getting our Monsters Inc. rep! Heck yeah! /s

Seriously though I have no idea what that could mean. It could very well just be Pokemon since it was originally called "Pocket Monsters".

ForsakenM

Smash Lord

@New_WabiSabi 08/05/2019

I have literally NO idea what this is about.

None. Literally NONE at all!

<.<
>.>

*Phew, they believe me now, right?*

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
absolutely this. I recall many a statement about the development of melee and smash4 being absolutely horrible for his physical and mental health but for ultimate he has done nothing but gush about how much he loves this game and the things he has gotten to include, not to mention being asked about his heath multiple times and making it very clear he has made huge strides to take care of himself this time around and mentioned that the dlc development period has been even laxer. If a second or third pass doesnt come it isnt because of his heath it's because he, the team, and nintendo decided not to, which after the wol datamine and his comment about ultimate lasting a decade I'm rather suspicious about.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Man, I really feel like I'm being targeted here, even though I know that I didn't fall into this at all.

Some people would call this feeling guilty, but I get this all the time when I've actually done nothing wrong at all. Every post like this I read makes me feel like I did something bad, stupid brain! XD

Also glad to see you didn't leave us in the wake of the craziness. You're one of the names I love seeing the most so I was about to be very sad if you left. ;(
Oh dude, I ain't going ANYWHERE. Also, you didn't behave out of line in the recent craziness, so you're good... unless the tiniest 'oof' in the world is somehow out of line. :p Nah, I feel you, though. I'm paranoid of doing something wrong or contributing to a total mess. Just how our brains work, I guess.

@New_WabiSabi 08/05/2019

Smells like Pokemon (Pocket Monsters) to me.

♕Pretty Roger♕

God Roger
NNID
RogelioWii
3DS FC
0602-6365-8680
Switch FC
SW-2762-7992-4597
I do think it is Pokemon, but if it's something HUGE like Sabi is describing, maybe it is related to the bird picture!

andree123

Smash Ace
bolded for emphasis because people forget this easily. Also didn't Nintendo introduce a new policy to abolish crunch time and ensure the wellbeing of its employees?

OH MAN HERE WE GO

....what could "monsters" allude to tho? Pokemon?
It can also relate to DQ monsters or even monster hunter.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

@New_WabiSabi 08/05/2019

We just barely got off a ride and another new one comes up? Not sure what the point of this is if it is related to Pokémon. Tomorrow can't come any sooner.

george-costanza-popcorn.gif

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

@New_WabiSabi 08/05/2019

I already said it, it's Pokemon. There's several people who already know what's in the presentation and she's probably just waiting to talk to them one on one to cross reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom