• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
We also got the whole, "Everyone is Here!" thing along with Ridley at E3 last year, followed shortly by August casually dropping like 5 characters all at once. I don't think one character is going too far out of line for a reveal in August.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
They’ve already tried that. The guy ignores/changes the subject/makes a nonsequitor when anyone really presses him about the hints he gives in any way.
Here is the way to do it, say: "If the Starling picture has to do with Smash, ignore/change the subject/make a non sequitur." :4pacman:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
May i ask, what is this whole Evo stick going around here for?
Because of Sabi's source dropping the Starling picture recently and it being awfully soon for a full Nintendo direct just yet, people are theorizing a Smash announcement at EVO, especially since Ultimate is the final game. I personally don't see it happening, but who knows? I didn't think we'd get character #1 (Joker) at the VGA's, so anything can happen.

Antho

Smash Apprentice
You know, I just thought of something. It'd make a lot of sense to reveal Character #4 soon anyway. Banjo's page on the Smash website isn't up yet. So I think EVO could potentially reveal #4 and then Banjo's page on the Smash website opens up while #4's page would be closed. Since Banjo is likely coming out in October, It makes perfect sense to reveal a character in August and then have it release 4 months later, in December. 4 months is how long it took for Joker and probably Banjo if he releases in October, since he was revealed in June.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Eh, I still expect an announcement of an announcement at most for EVO, but wouldn't be against being wrong though. I'd gladly eat that crow (or in this case, European Starling).

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I swear Hero is the most annoying character to fight against, even as Hero.

Not the only time I was annoyed, but I was in a Free for All against a Link and 2 Heroes. The Heroes were teaming from the start, me and the Link soon realizing, and we were beaten. They proceeded to T-bag and take turns SDing until one of them won.

Other times included awful lag, a Sonic that kept spamming B and Side B until his team could 2v1 me...and really some things that were my fault tbh. Hero sure has some power, though...

I did have a nice match, though; I decided to be silly as King Dedede one match, and try to just lay down most of the time. There was a Hero and a Robin; the Hero decided to be on my side, and the Robin just kept trying to attack both of us even when I just kept laying. I did try to help the Hero sometimes, and attack sometimes when the Robin tried to get me, but mostly I just jumped around and laid. The Hero beat the Robin, I laid and jumped around a bit (as did he), and then I just let him win.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Because of Sabi's source dropping the Starling picture recently and it being awfully soon for a full Nintendo direct just yet, people are theorizing a Smash announcement at EVO, especially since Ultimate is the final game. I personally don't see it happening, but who knows? I didn't think we'd get character #1 (Joker) at the VGA's, so anything can happen.
Adding to that, the last EVO had a Smash-related announcement at the end too, so it wouldn't be too outside the realm of possibility. Especially in a time when fans assume that every single tournament of some sort would get an announcement...

May i ask, what is this whole Evo stick going around here for?
Hello Rummy!

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Everyone, this is Rummy. The person who occasionally scolds me for being impulsive, overthinking things, and sharing stuff from the Discord. Everyone say "Hi" to Rummy.
Ooooooooooh.

Hi there, Rummy! Nice to see you around again!

Fatman's going to the time out corneeeeer...

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I was going respond to something, but man, everyone else already touched on that. There is nothing wrong with being hopeful or pessimistic, but to constantly be one or the other all the time, is not good for anyone. I choose to be hopeful because I like that better. Sometimes I do tend to be realistic, but that comes later when I calm down and rationalize everything. Will I still be hopeful then if the odds are against me? YES. That is who I am.

I am coming up on 31 in August. I sure as hell hope I know how to act if I get "devastated" 'because a character did not get into a game. Think about that, how silly!

Anyways, things look better than the last couple of months. However, things could always blindside us with no warning (Like the Costume being the last one showed or nothing at all), but its how we respond to it. People like Ovaltine Ovaltine SSGuy SSGuy EDIT: Slender Slender Xigger Xigger and others putting together Operation Starfall to make noise and keep making noise. THAT is the way to go about this.

Last edited:

Rummy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rummy
Switch FC
7820-4094-4523
I think everyone here already knows me Fatmano, But yeah i do that for a reason. No worries we chill tho.
I see, well the most i can say about the bird is that we know nothing about it, we asked Sabi's source about what it lead into because it was too cryptic, but we haven't heard back.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Anyways, things look better than the last couple of months. However, things could always blindside us with no warning (Like the Costume being the last one showed or nothing at all), but its how we respond to it. People like Ovaltine Ovaltine Ovaltine Ovaltine SSGuy SSGuy SSGuy SSGuy and others putting together Operation Starfall to make noise and keep making noise. THAT is the way to go about this.
I have to give credit where it's due, really. Both SSGuy SSGuy and Slender Slender have really been spearheading the operation with Xigger Xigger having helped a lot with the site, too. I may have founded it, but I haven't done all that much beyond art because my mental capacity for much of anything has been zilch. I haven't been in the greatest way mentally, but these guys? They're the real heroes carrying stuff out. They've been doing so much of the heavy lifting and I cannot thank them or credit them enough.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I think everyone here already knows me Fatmano, But yeah i do that for a reason. No worries we chill tho.

I see, well the most i can say about the bird is that we know nothing about it, we asked Sabi's source about what it lead into because it was too cryptic, but we haven't heard back.
Sounds like he is giving y'all a run for your money. What do you personally think it could be? I do not see Pokemon being it. People have said that maybe its Gen 4 remake (Starling = Starly), but that makes no sense. They have never announced a main/remake of Pokemon while another one is working and coming out the same year.

EDIT: Also hello Rummy!

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I feel like people always ignore the possibility of the Geno spirit being decided on before DLC plans were finished or even started, despite how much they had to do for these things so it's likely they had to start work on 'em early on...

But, even if it was decided on after DLC plans...do we even have a precedent for a character not being a likely spirit before it was added? There's Piranha Plant, but it was worked on during the base game, plus it's always possible that they weren't going to add a Piranha Plant spirit anyway, just wanting the Nipper Plant to evolve directly into Petey Piranha.

Rummy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rummy
Switch FC
7820-4094-4523
Sounds like he is giving y'all a run for your money. What do you personally think it could be? I do not see Pokemon being it. People have said that maybe its Gen 4 remake (Starling = Starly), but that makes no sense. They have never announced a main/remake of Pokemon while another one is working and coming out the same year.
I won't say much more than i need to but the Source has been super busy as of late so i do understand the lack of reverb on his end, going into detail will expose him so i won't go further. Speculate all you want since we have no idea.

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
Everyone, this is Rummy. The person who occasionally scolds me for being impulsive, overthinking things, and sharing stuff from the Discord. Everyone say "Hi" to Rummy.
Hello, "Rummy"

hirummy.png

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, my turn to say a piece.

As somebody who gives a fair shake to the majority of character possibilities (give or take one or two), I prefer being open to several possibilities in regards to who is going to make it in. Although my success rate with that isn't consistent, I'm satisfied when at least one of the characters I expect is accepted. As such, I prefer not to ride all my hopes on a single character and be left wanting until next game.

That isn't to say that I openly discourage anyone from doing so though, they are free to do as they please. What they must do, however, is to not give up the moment they don't get who they want. We've seen that happen before (case in point, the Mother fanbase is down to only backing two characters now). If you lose momentum for a fan movement now, then you may never get it back.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Oh, I know. I'm chaotic good, you're lawful good but we still have fun. You're the voice of reason in the group, probably even more so than Sabi.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
The “new” icon from the character page is removed, despite Hero being released just yesterday

Antho

Smash Apprentice
I feel like the starling hint can't really be for a Gen 4 remake. Game Freak never reveals a new mainline Pokemon game before the latest mainline Pokemon game is even out. Didn't happen for ORAS, so it probably won't happen here either. Gen 4 remakes are undoubtedly going to happen though.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
The “new” icon from the character page is removed, despite Hero being released just yesterday
Well well well. We might actually get a character reveal at EVO. Or its because Hero got dropped recently...When did Joker's "New" caption go away?

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Nah, he's just old news now
https://web.archive.org/web/20190419084439/https://www.smashbros.com/en_US/index.html
The new icon was still there two days after Joker came out.

DrHyperFake is how real it is. The real account is DrHyperCake.

D

Deleted member

Emm... Guys
How real is the following?
I'm pretty sure that's fake. I may be wrong but I remember my friends talking about this and how apparently it's fake. I don't have any proof I just remember it being fake.

Last edited by a moderator:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
In other news I've found out through the wayback machine that the "new" icon was removed somewhere between May 23rd and May 31st in preparation for the E3 reveals.

I should be ashamed, but I instead would like to eat something sweet, Time to get some cake.. B)
I fell for it too when I saw it on /v/ earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom