• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

K 2

Smash Lord
No. I think dash grab actually screws it up. I like to just walk fast...plus you won't trip

coconutcommander

Smash Rookie
I know its harder to alternate throw bigger characters, but is it even possible to alternate the b-throw? i cant get it ever

coconutcommander

Smash Rookie
Totally agreed, i first practiced against mk haha :p best i find so far is b-throw > d-throw with a dashgrab. gets him to 100 easy then upsmash gone.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Are they in a tumbling animation? If so, synched belay or squall hammer won't work. Just use an airdodge or aerial to get out of the tumbling animation and then up+B.

smaci92

Smash Lord
What's a pivot desync, and how do I do it?
oh pivot desync is really easy...for example, if you are facing right: you just smash the control stick left, and then right, and then do blizzard or ice block or something. you should be desynced after that...

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Wait... that's the name? When Nana does a dash and Popo does a f-smash? Pivot desynch...?

Oookaaay...

/Ness

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Alot of people prefer Bthrow to Dthrow and repeat(killing with a smash), some like Fthrow chains to Nana meteor, and Others like all Bthrows to a smash to KO.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
you guys ever get flack about spamming? thats all i hear from the people i play online...
Yeah, it's pretty lame. I did one 0-Death against this guy and he said I spammed. I didn't even run around shield grabbing, he ran right into my grab. Oh well. They're just johns because the people that call it spam don't know how to fight the ICs.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
*CG person 0 to stage spike
*Opponent gets angry
Opponent: **** you!
Me: Lol

People complain about CGs, I just laugh at it and walk away usually...

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
well i don't cg.... i'm not entirely sure what i'm spamming...... blizzards? they never really tell me, its just 'spam-climbers' and whatnot...

K 2

Smash Lord
I wish people would stop complaining about the IC's CG. It's really hard to do and easy to screw up even for those who mastered it. All they have to do is stay out of the IC's grab range, which is really pitiful.

I did 78% with bthrow -> dthrow on a MK in training mode today! w00t!

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
I grab my opponents alot, but rarely keep it up to a get smash kill. Ive only 0-deathed maybe 5 times max online, but sometimes I do a few alt throws to a death, so thats really why they say I suck. :C

K 2

Smash Lord
You have to be really careful when your tilting them. You barely want to move it at all.

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
Everytime I try to, I still throw them. :(
try harder :)
you can actually infinite release grab people and rack up damage by grab attacking them (which takes FOREVER).
next time someone complains about CGing, just do this and they'll probably ask you to go back to CGing them :lick:

I ACTUALLY HAVE A QUESTION:
When is using squall a good idea (besides recovery)? I mainly use it offensively to approach from a diagonal angle (not in front or directly above). Squall's priority seems lacking, tho. I probably use blizzard when I could use squall (because blizzard is what gives the ICs any chance at life). I usually get hit out of squall. I'm not predictable because I barely use it, and I'm pretty aware of my spacing. So why isn't it working?

Basically, in what situations would using squall be more beneficial than blizzard?

Please note, I'm referring to synched squalls. I hate desynched squalls; it's like asking to be separated. Feel free to give me advice on this move too. :)

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
I probably abuse Squall to the maximum. .-.
I use it to get closer to the enemy, and it gives decent damage, while also popping the enemy up in the air, which can lead to aerials.

K 2

Smash Lord
you can actually infinite release grab people and rack up damage by grab attacking them (which takes FOREVER).
next time someone complains about CGing, just do this and they'll probably ask you to go back to CGing them
Does that work? I heard people can Jump break or DI the grab release to escape it.

Also, is it possible to DI out of a squall? I did the dthrow into fair CG today and ended with a squall. I got 70% or so out of it in a matter of seconds. This was on training mode, so my opponent didn't DI or anything, but I'm curious if you can escape most of the damage from the squall (like DI'ing from a mach tornado)

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
I say wobbling because its literally ONE grab and there goes a stock. Also, theres no chance of breaking out, and when you are out, youre flying to death. And, all you need is timing on alternating hitting A, so yeah.

Top Bottom