• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

kevinw0w

Smash Journeyman
Ugh, I don't like these threads.

It's like condensing a whole board into one thread. Since about half of the total threads here are questions. They get individual attention. threads like these that condense the board tend to be spammy and hard to find things.

*sigh*

anyways. Can anyone tell me how to desync at the start of the game? I've done it a couple times before. I know you have to somehow shoot a solo nana ice block, but I don't know the timing.

When should I press b?

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
anyways. Can anyone tell me how to desync at the start of the game? I've done it a couple times before. I know you have to somehow shoot a solo nana ice block, but I don't know the timing.

When should I press b?
I would just hold B as the countdown goes and release when Nana does the Ice Shot (continuing the desynch as needed).

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
no, because for whatever reason, at the very start of a match, Nana and Popo start desynched.

Edit: Then when you see the Ice Shot, input the command for the action that you want popo to do and continue to have them desynched (like Funen1 said)

kevinw0w

Smash Journeyman
no, because for whatever reason, at the very start of a match, Nana and Popo start desynched.

Edit: Then when you see the Ice Shot, input the command for the action that you want popo to do and continue to have them desynched (like Funen1 said)
oh... sounds simple enough.

Thanks you two.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Or, if you want to be more complicated. You can do a pivot walk to desync them. ;o

kevinw0w

Smash Journeyman
Or, if you want to be more complicated. You can do a pivot walk to desync them. ;o
yes, I've seen videos and heard of that.

I'll try to learn that after practicing the start desync for a while. I don'nt use desyncs a lot. Just need more practice.

Also, it's possible to start a desync when climbing on to the stage from the ledge, correct? That's where I usually start mine.

lain

Smash Master
The most important desyncs you sill ever learn at this point in time are they pivot iceblock desync, and the ledge desyncs.

Just my thoughts.

l!nk_aut

Smash Journeyman
i sometimes use to desynch with nair when i got a hit with it. but its rather situational. pivot desynch is the most important imo

smaci92

Smash Lord
I like blonde and z roll desync, and I also like Smash/Dash desync, and we all like Grab desync lol...I sometimes use pivot desync.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
The only desynchs I really like are dashdance -> blizzard and the match start desynch. I can see why the pivot -> ice block desynch could work, although I can't think of a lot of situations in which I'd use it over DD -> blizzard.

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
I hate blond roll dysynches. They happen to me so randomly.

I dysynch at the start or go to the edge. Item dysynches are fun too in certain matchups.

I like fighting synched more though.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
The only desynchs I really like are dashdance -> blizzard and the match start desynch. I can see why the pivot -> ice block desynch could work, although I can't think of a lot of situations in which I'd use it over DD -> blizzard.
Well it's faster and more reliable then the DD desynch not to mention you have less chances of tripping.

So it's better in every way :).

kevinw0w

Smash Journeyman
I hate blond roll dysynches. They happen to me so randomly.

I dysynch at the start or go to the edge. Item dysynches are fun too in certain matchups.

I like fighting synched more though.
Blond roll? Never heard of it. I'm guessing that's when you roll one way and nana rolls the other.

Oh really? Some attacks are much better synced. Especially squall.

--------

I tried the start desync. Doesn't work. Instead of what you guys told me (nana solo ice block) they both shoot ice blocks. so they're synced.

I'm I doing anything wrong?

You just said hold down b during the count down. and release once nana shoots the ice block.

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
:chuckle: I just hold the button down during the countdown and I don't release until Nana shoots the Ice Block. You can hold any button when the match is starting to make them dysynch (I don't know about how the A button works though.) You can even hold down taunt to make Nana taunt by herself.

Sometimes I'll hold forward so that Nana walks in front of me.

kevinw0w

Smash Journeyman
:chuckle: I just hold the button down during the countdown and I don't release until Nana shoots the Ice Block. You can hold any button when the match is starting to make them dysynch (I don't know about how the A button works though.) You can even hold down taunt to make Nana taunt by herself.

Sometimes I'll hold forward so that Nana walks in front of me.
that's what I've been doing. both climbers will perform whatever I tell them to though. It's never solo nana.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
lain makes my day everyday...=D

and FP, you got the 500th post on this thread...Congratulations lol...don't you feel special =P
*sniff*

i'd like thank the academy. You people like me! You really like me! and of course i couldn't have done it without the support of my family: my wife Angelina... WE DID IT ANGIE! My two beautiful kids, Popo and Nana; you're my whole world!. And finally, i'd like to thank my crew, for always being there when i needed you and for always being little *****es and ganging up on me in FFAs. Thank you!

*sniff*

what can i say, i'm not a talker. I'M NOT A TALKER LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. Thank you.

m00g267

Smash Cadet
is the CG timing different depending on which climber is leading? i think some one mentioned popo grabs faster than nana so would that make the timing backwards if nana was the lead?

i only ask cuz i can at least grab 3-4 times with popo in lead but only 2 with nana

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
is the CG timing different depending on which climber is leading? i think some one mentioned popo grabs faster than nana so would that make the timing backwards if nana was the lead?

i only ask cuz i can at least grab 3-4 times with popo in lead but only 2 with nana

With a color change that makes Nana the lead climber, I believe in that case Nana's timing becomes that of which is normally Popo's.

It is always the lead climber that grabs faster, and the second climber that grabs slower, regardless of who is put as the lead climber from color changes.

Edit: smaci is too fast ;-;

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Pretty much you have to either attempt a side-b onto the stage without getting punished for it, or use your double jump and/or severely weakened up-b to go for the ledge. XD

If you can get on the ledge, it's safer in most cases, as a single IC can cover itself fairly well with a blizzard hopped from the ledge, or a well timed aerial.

The squall hammer just leaves Popo.... incredibly vulnerable.

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
Well, I didn't want to start up a thread and get flamed since theres a Q&A thread so here's my question. I'm starting up the Ice Climbers, and I was wondering what are somethings like AT and stuff I should know how to do with the IC's besides the Infinite chain grab, if you could answer this I'd gladly appreciate it.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Desynching, chaingrabs, iceblock lock, and ledge float are the only useful techs they have so far... I think & I'm not sure. Maybe there's more of I'm confused of? They also have a lot of desynching and chaingrab moves more than these techs they have.

Stray Element

Smash Cadet
I've been wondering about this since I learned how to CG but...

If I do a forward throw chaingrab with the IC, does the "staling" of the throw count for nana as well, or does she have her own... for lack of a better word stale counter? Since the forward alt throw is all I can do reliably 99% of the time it would be nice to know if I NEED to throw in a down throw now and again to unstale the forward throw.

Stray Element

Smash Cadet
Doesent stale-ness effect the speed at which they are thrown?

If not then yay one less thing to worry about.

lain

Smash Master
Uhhhh... I guess TECHNICALLY it does. But really, it doesn't affect it to a noticeable amount. If at all.

Just worry about the weight of the character, and the percent they are at.

Top Bottom