• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Light weights and middle weights are easiest for me. I'd rather fthrow fatties.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
I usually go with dashed b-throws to a dashed f-throw or d-throw, it's much easier. When I f-throw normally, it feels uncomfortable... I remember online that I tried to CG Dedede with f-throws and it messed me up. X_x;;

With the exception of Charizard getting CG'd, it's like CG'ing Yoshi, so it's easy to b-throw him.

Barge

Easiest to Bthrow (IMO)
Peach
Pit
GnW
Yoshi
Marth

Hardest to bthrow
MK
Fox
Rob
Snake

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
If you're b-throwing Meta Knight, isn't it like b-throwing Falco and Fox?

B-throwing online

Top 5 Easiest to b-throw in order
Kirby.
Olimar.
G&W.
Fox.
MK.

Top 5 Hardest to b-throw
Lucas, LUCAS, LUCAS! >__<; (Somewhat different timing with Ness, so I'm guessing I need to b-throw properly)
Snake. (Depending if there's lag such as fighting someone all the way in CA)
---
---
---

BTW, has anyone encountered a Belay glitch? Well, When someone grabs the ledge while Nana grabs the ledge and then Nana pulling Popo down? I've experienced this 4 times in total in one of my matches because he was trying to edgehog me. >__>;;

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
BTW, has anyone encountered a Belay glitch? Well, When someone grabs the ledge while Nana grabs the ledge and then Nana pulling Popo down? I've experienced this 4 times in total in one of my matches because he was trying to edgehog me. >__>;;
It's happened to me before. I swung like Tarzan :chuckle:.

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
It's happened to me before. I swung like Tarzan :chuckle:.
This has happened to me against a G&W. Nana had just grabbed the edge and G&W used his upb to recover. Popo bounced off the trampoline and Nana pulled him almost straight down to the ledge. I didn't die, but it looked funny. :bee:

Regarding throws and weights, this is what helps me:

bthrow>dthrow for light to medium characters. (If the medium character has a bad recover, I'll just do the following...)
fthrow>fthrow/fthrow>dthrow/dthrow-dthrow for medium to heavy character. For some reason I can't alt. fthrows against snake, but I can easily alt. dthrows. I guess just find what's easiest for you.
Also, against some heavies, footstools to a regrab (or even a pivot regrab if you want to turn around) are easier than alt. throws.
I've learned this through HOURS of trying what works for me and what doesn't. It didn't happen overnight.
:)

I actually have a question, too. I can't do the usual dthrow>fair CG against FAT characters like Bowser, D3, DK, or Charizard. Is there a special timing for this? I've seen a video of Chewy (who only got 4% the entire match) doing this to a DK and I can sometimes do it, but not consistently. WHY CAN'T I DO IT?!

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
I have trouble doing it consistently too. I start of with Back Throw to F-Air and then Forward Throw to F-Air if I really want to.

But then again I kind of gave up on it and just Forward Throw chained them instead.

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
I have trouble doing it consistently too. I start of with Back Throw to F-Air and then Forward Throw to F-Air if I really want to.

But then again I kind of gave up on it and just Forward Throw chained them instead.
Yeah same here.

I wouldn't recommend the fthrow>fair option, though, because they can sometimes escape it with good DI. Same with the bthrow>fair.

I just stick with alt. throws and footstools.

Stray Element

Smash Cadet
I keep trying to do ice block lock, and yet somehow I keep screwing up the timing...

Am I doing it right? I grab with Popo, Dthrow to Nana Fair spike... at this point I start mashing B to get em to start shooting ice blocks, but EVERY time there is a very short pause before Nana shoots hers, and my opponent can get up. Am I supposed to be timing something differently, or is my Nana just being stupid?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
I keep trying to do ice block lock, and yet somehow I keep screwing up the timing...

Am I doing it right? I grab with Popo, Dthrow to Nana Fair spike... at this point I start mashing B to get em to start shooting ice blocks, but EVERY time there is a very short pause before Nana shoots hers, and my opponent can get up. Am I supposed to be timing something differently, or is my Nana just being stupid?
i do fthrow -> fair -> IBL

it always works for me. you're probably timing ti wrong.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
You do need timing... Try pressing B with Popo a little after the Fair so that Nanas will be perfectly spaced. Or just do this, which is easier IMO:
D/Fthrow -> Fair -> SoPo IB -> regrab and repeat.
Unless they TECh the fair or you grab to slow after the IB, it's unescapable.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Has anyone experienced where Nana doesn't come to you? I mean sometimes in Smashville, when we get separated and Nana goes to the moving platform, she STAYS there and doesn't come to you, and the only way is get her back. >__>;

Barge

I also hate when nana is falling below you off stage, and she keeps falling without trying to recover.
She uses Up b 4 seconds after she should've >_>

Stray Element

Smash Cadet
Yay more questions!!!

So yea, I have been fighting a Marth player for quite some time now, and the moment I picked up the IC I noticed something odd. His Fair, the best approach in the entire game IMO, seems to completely ignore my shields. Often times he will be doing the whole short hop Fair approach and under the pressure I will put up my shield, yet even though the shield is up and still fairly fresh, his Fair will ALWAYS hit and knock back at least one of my climbers. I know Nana puts up her shield a moment after Popo, but this is not the problem as I am actually standing there for about half a second before the hit with the shields up and visible. Anyone else notice this happening to them against Marth or some other character?

I just find it rather annoying that Marth's sword is essentially just saying "screw your shield I'm going to cut you anyway!". >_>

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
yeah, this happens to me as well. it gets so annoying, but you learn to work with it. i sometimes use it as a jump off point to a desync. just roll with the punches.

Barge

Weird thing for me, memorizing the beat to McRolled makes me CG better.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
So yea, I have been fighting a Marth player for quite some time now, and the moment I picked up the IC I noticed something odd. His Fair, the best approach in the entire game IMO, seems to completely ignore my shields. Often times he will be doing the whole short hop Fair approach and under the pressure I will put up my shield, yet even though the shield is up and still fairly fresh, his Fair will ALWAYS hit and knock back at least one of my climbers. I know Nana puts up her shield a moment after Popo, but this is not the problem as I am actually standing there for about half a second before the hit with the shields up and visible. Anyone else notice this happening to them against Marth or some other character?

I just find it rather annoying that Marth's sword is essentially just saying "screw your shield I'm going to cut you anyway!". >_>
Get into the habit of holding your shield up against marth. It helps.

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
Get into the habit of holding your shield up against marth. It helps.
This is always helpful against Marth. If you have tap jump on, it takes a bit of practice, but it helps.

Also, powershielding works too. If I see it coming, I just powershield it. If it tips, it leaves him open to punishment.

Stray Element

Smash Cadet
Wow I am a complete nub apparently lol, I completely forgot that you could actually move your shield around O_o

Thanks Hylian :D

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Wow I am a complete nub apparently lol, I completely forgot that you could actually move your shield around O_o

Thanks Hylian :D
It's good against MK's tornado too. I recommend getting into the habit of shield tilting. =^_^=

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
I have a question:

When I'm holding someone over the ledge for a no-throw spike, why does Nana sometimes not hit them out of Popo's grab? I don't think there's a damage limit, but I have no idea. I don't usually use this option so it's not that big of a deal, but it would be nice to know.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
I'd rather not do no-throw meteors, mainly because there's a possibility of them breaking out. Also, the begging of the Fthrow puts them farther from the stage (I believe.....).

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
i did something and i don´t know what it is Oo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFhWNsGywI4

what did i? jump cancelled ice block wtf? normally the ice block would come out - or not? i´m not sure lol.
sry if this is a noob question but it´s confusing me lol.
Never seen that..

Probably at random times it will happen? Because I never remembered this happening to me. Plus there wasn't a lot of ending lag to the Ice Block either... maybe similar to the Arrow Cancel from Link/Toon Link's?

Top Bottom